PDA

View Full Version : Bush Hires private lawyer to reprsent him in Treason Grand Jury

Suff
06-03-2004, 07:58 AM
The Grand Jury investigating the outing of an undercover CIA intends to subpeana Bush. He hired a private attorney to defend himself. Some guy named Sharp. A real radical Conservative.

Who keeps saying he brought intregrity back to the oval office? huh? They're traitors... they've commited multiple acts of treason.

I said two weeks ago and I stand by it.

They're all going to jail. Every last one of them.

JustRalph
06-03-2004, 08:17 AM
This has to do with the way the office of President gets repaid for legal fee's. They cannot use DOJ lawyers for any defense that involves personal or personnel issues, unless they get permission from Congress first..........and if you think that is going to happen.....you are dreaming.......... Bill Clinton and Hillary set a precedent when they sued the government for reimbursement over the Monica Lewinski crap. Part of the reason why they didn't get all of their legal fee's paid is because they used some internal Lawyers to the DOJ early in the process. So now every President from this day out will probably hire a lawyer from outside the Government..............

ljb
06-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Another explanation.
If Bush uses government lawyers they lose client / attorney privleges. In other words the judge could have the attorney testify, under oath as to what he and Bush talked about. Something to do with the attorney being a government employee.
This is interesting in the fact that Clinton had the need for private council when he was getting his gun polished during office hours.
Wonder what Dubya is so worried about that he needs private council? And what is so personal about outing a CIA operative ? I imagine the rightys will have a complete explanation once Rush comes on air and tells them what to think. :D
I think Suff was right when he said:
They're all going to jail. Every last one of them.

At least they should be.
:rolleyes:

schweitz
06-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Suff
He hired a private attorney to defend himself.

Don't you mean to represent him?

kenwoodallpromos
06-03-2004, 01:15 PM
I would not consider that a value bet. Not much historical reference for either party's Pres admin people going to jail regardless of what they did or who they pardoned.

Suff
06-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Day after he meets with attorney ..tenet resigns.

Its simple. Tenet rolled. he'll strike a deal for immunity. The rest are like bowling pins. they're all done.

Mispells, precedents...whatever. They're scoundrels.

schweitz
06-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Day after he meets with attorney ..tenet resigns.

Its simple. Tenet rolled. he'll strike a deal for immunity. The rest are like bowling pins. they're all done.

Mispells, precedents...whatever. They're scoundrels.

Keep dreaming---by the way the article I read said that grand jury might subpoena Bush, not that they intended to.

ljb
06-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Interesting thing, that tenet resignation. He probably wanted to sleep at night. :D
I always wondered why he was still around. Thought maybe he was like J.Edgar and had some compromising pictures of Laura and Condi.;)

Suff
06-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
Keep dreaming---by the way the article I read said that grand jury might subpoena Bush, not that they intended to.

I'm disappointed it does'nt disapooint you that the white house would expose an undercover CIA operative. No doubt it comprmised years of work and caused the loss of american lives.

I'm an American,, aren't you? Your concerned with my spelling and my politics? I'm concerned for my country and innocent lives of patriotic americans working abroad. It's no dream.

schweitz
06-03-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm disappointed it does'nt disapooint you that the white house would expose an undercover CIA operative. No doubt it comprmised years of work and caused the loss of american lives.

I'm an American,, aren't you? Your concerned with my spelling and my politics? I'm concerned for my country and innocent lives of patriotic americans working abroad. It's no dream.

I could care less about your spelling---big difference in meaning between the words defend and represent. Also big difference between thinking about issuing a subpoena and intending to issue a subpoena. As an American I tend not to convict someone until all the facts are known whether it furthers my political stance or not.

JustRalph
06-03-2004, 06:03 PM

Any outrage when Torricelli cut off funds to hundreds of CIA operatives? Many then sold themselves and their info to the highest bidder..............

Secretariat
06-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Perhaps they could offer Chalabi the CIA position Tenet quit. After all he knows all the codes.

kenwoodallpromos
06-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Suff- A lot outrages me about all administrations. USA intelligence was a joke under Tenent under both Clinton and Baby Bush.
LJB- Tenent was in charge of the CIA under Clinton when we bombed the Chinese embassy in the Baltic. And at the time the embasasy was listed with that address on the Yugoslavia govt. website; and Tenent was in charge when Clinton pardoned Rich the last day; you remember Rich, the guy Clinton pardoned for treason making oil deals with Hussein?
At least Baby Bush can believeably claim ignorance. His legal defense will be he cannot distinguish right from rightist; Clinton has no excuses.

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Any outrage when Torricelli cut off funds to hundreds of CIA operatives? Many then sold themselves and their info to the highest bidder..............

Fantastic question.

Tom
06-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Article III of the Constitution......
Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

I guess I missed it-multiple times. What acts of treason have been committed and by whom?
:confused:

Secretariat
06-03-2004, 10:27 PM
I see Tenet isn't the only one to go.

"James Pavitt has worked for the agency for 31 years, five as the deputy director of operations."

From what I understand this guy is a big loss.

Doesn't it seem odd that Tenet would choose this time when Pavitt is resigning to bail? Ashcroft issues a terror warning for the summer, and the two biggest people at the CIA resign. Somethings not right with this picture.

hcap
06-04-2004, 05:45 AM
Suff
They're all going to jail. Every last one of them.The worst adminiistration I have witnessed. Lies, greed, and power. The fall of the "empire" is happening. Been saying this for a while. Scandals are becoming fair game for the main stream media, very different reporting as compared to when they were "embedded" or maybe that should be "in bedded". Bush gotta pass after 911. Before he was not considered by many as a top notch thinker-preznit. Honesty is slowly returning.

The Quotable Bush

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."

-- President Bush, meeting Iraqi amputees at the White House on May 25.

Sorry guys, one or two verbal fumbles every once and a while maybe endearing, but it is obvious the man is a not presidential material. Vacant stare, inability to think on his feet. Only appears in command when he has rehearsed for hours. Obviously he is being propped up by those around him.
And those in power around him appear to be 2 distinct groups.
When he cleans house as things break, another group--his pop and guys like Baker and maybe powell are more and more calling the shots. The neocons are dead.

ljb
06-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Hcap,
Very good post. Concise and clear. You may want to start your own "no spin zone".
Tom,
It has been said outing of a CIA operative is considered a high crime similiar to treason. This perhaps because the outing puts not only the operative in danger but also the operatives connections and the safety of all Americans.
But it appears the neocons are willing to risk the lives of all Americans in the pursuit of their personal goals.

hcap
06-04-2004, 06:47 AM
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/printer_4629.shtml
Fairly reliable source

Dashitahitadafan again

From Capitol Hill Blue

Bush Knew About Leak of CIA Operative's Name
By Staff and Wire Reports
Jun 3, 2004, 05:28

Witnesses told a federal grand jury President George W. Bush knew about, and took no action to stop, the release of a covert CIA operative's name to a journalist in an attempt to discredit her husband, a critic of administration policy in Iraq

Their damning testimony has prompted Bush to contact an outside lawyer for legal advice because evidence increasingly points to his involvement in the leak of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame's name to syndicated columnist Robert Novak.

The move suggests the president anticipates being questioned by prosecutors. Sources say grand jury witnesses have implicated the President and his top advisor, Karl Rove.

Further down the page

.......Sources within the investigation say evidence points to Rove approving release of the leak. They add that their investigation suggests the President knew about Rove's actions but took no action to stop release of Plame's name.

ljb,

You would think everyone, including the lemmings on this board, finally have to admit what is happening right before their eyes.

First impeachment, then jail.
Meanwhile how do we get out this hole that they have dug?

My previous ode to bush...

"There once was a preznit named Bush
Whose head was stuck in his tush
The adviser named Rove, who sure ain't a dove, is about to be same as above."

Tom
06-04-2004, 10:20 PM
You guys are the lemmings, in case you missed that.
I realize that you don't read, only cuyt and paste, so I thought I'd point that out to you. :D

BTW....most of us who voted for Bush are not surprised by current events.....he is doing what we elected him to do..take care of business.

ljb
06-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Tom,
You expected Bush to turn a surplus into a deficit? You expected Bush to sacrifice hundreds of American lives to catch an old man in a hole ? You expected Bush to create world hatred for the U.S. ? You expected Bush to out a CIA operative ? Did i get it right or was there something else you expected?

hcap
06-05-2004, 07:34 AM
ljb, You nailed it.Tom,
You expected Bush to turn a surplus into a deficit? You expected Bush to sacrifice hundreds of American lives to catch an old man in a hole ? You expected Bush to create world hatred for the U.S. ? You expected Bush to out a CIA operative ? Did i get it right or was there something else you expected?
This is what they were expecting? Well I guess they were also expecting bush, cheney, and rummy to break into their rendition of "That's Entertainment"
Maybe cheney would do Ethel Merman?

Tom
06-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,

No, but I expected YOU to totally miss the point, the boat, the target, and whever else you aimed at. Thank for your support.

ljb
06-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Tom,
A non-answer is about what I expected from you. thanks

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ljb
You expected Bush to create world hatred for the U.S. ?

Now now, fair is fair. The world hated the US way before Bush II came to town.

ljb
06-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Pa,
I would have to disagree again. While there has always been a certain amount of hatred/envy of the U.S. , it has snowballed since Bush took office. Many of our former allies now wish the worst for us.

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Many of our former allies now wish the worst for us.

Not just former allies. Many good ol' "American citizens" here at home wish the worst for the United States. It's sick, isn't it?

Suff
06-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Not just former allies. Many good ol' "American citizens" here at home wish the worst for the United States. It's sick, isn't it?

Thats a silly thing to say when comparing policy disagreements, and/or alternatives. People that are anti-american... and you say many. How many is many 100? 10,000? and that has nothing to do with longstanding allies having strong disgreements. And in no time in the last 100 years has the level of hatred for the USA been higher than the last 18 months. And there you go...

Stop mudding up the water over policy differences by lumping honest discourse in with anti americanism.

Secretariat
06-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

PA,

Can you clarify exactly who you mean by "good ol' american Citizens wish the worst for the United States? I'll hold off on my remarks until you do so.

Lefty
06-07-2004, 01:27 PM
suff, you calling the President a traitor is your idea of honest discourse? Your hatred is showing big boy.
the libs hate the right and anyone who dares disagree with them and this thread certainly illustrates that.
Never saw so much grasping at straws.
Anyone should be in jail it should be Clinton. He lied to a judge.
And how can anyone with absolutely no memory before the Grand Jury write a 905 page book about his life.
Lbj, galls you that every day the news about the economy just gets better and better. So take your deficit surplus argument and file it away somwhere under ineffective rhetoric.

Suff
06-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
suff, you calling the President a traitor is your idea of honest discourse? Your hatred is showing big boy.
the libs hate the right and anyone who dares disagree with them and this thread certainly illustrates that.
Never saw so much grasping at straws.
Anyone should be in jail it should be Clinton. He lied to a judge.
And how can anyone with absolutely no memory before the Grand Jury write a 905 page book about his life.
Lbj, galls you that every day the news about the economy just gets better and better. So take your deficit surplus argument and file it away somwhere under ineffective rhetoric.

I believe he was complicit in outing an undercover CIA agent for political gain. He'll have his day in court. If I am wrong , then I'm wrong. But I think I am correct. So yes.. I believe him to be a traitor. But I'm not anti-american. And I'm not full of hate. I'm full of love. Love for my country. He loves power and put that before the oath he took to protect the nation. He has endangered it severely. Honest Discourse. Not anti=americanism and not hate.

Lefty
06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Suff, it's your opinion and you can have it. You are wrong. If this was a President that loved power he would have eschewed going ino Iraq under the guise that the U. N. was against it. He could have ran on the vastly improvong economy and won. Instead he did go into Iraq, thereby risking his Presidency, because it was the right thing to do. Please dn't confuse GW with the opprtunistic Clinton or the flipflopper, Kerry.
Leaders lead. Others take a consensus.

schweitz
06-07-2004, 03:37 PM
And in no time in the last 100 years has the level of hatred for the USA been higher than the last 18 months. And there you go...

Don't know if this is true or not--and neither do you---but even if it is true, so what?
There will always be some countries that fear us---there will always be some countries that are jealous of us--I could give a rat's ass what the rest of the world thinks of us or our government. This country had better NEVER try to win a popularity contest with the rest of the world---this country had better NEVER listen to what other countries want us to do regarding the protection of our citizens or the protection of our economy.
Half of Europe would be speaking German and the other half would be speaking Russian if not for the U.S.! A great many people in this world would have starved to death if not for the U.S. If any country in the world defeats the current version of terrorism it will be the U.S.---nobody else.

European countries don't like what we do---tough s***.---Arabs don't like how we live our lives--tough s***.

No country in the history of the world has done more or sacrificed more for the people of all countries and we are supposed to govern ourselves by world consensus---I THINK NOT!:mad:

JustRalph
06-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
PA,

Can you clarify exactly who you mean by "good ol' american Citizens wish the worst for the United States? I'll hold off on my remarks until you do so.

They are called opportunist Liberals..........who want to use the bad things against Bush..........

JustRalph
06-07-2004, 04:20 PM
I think any country that is using illegal funds to prop up their economy and in some cases pay for weapons (can you say Russia) and defense items, would be a little pissed if we stand up to them and take over the country they are doing business with. The money flow stops and they lose out. They can be as pissed and hateful as they want. It doesn't change the principles involved. They were wrong. It is a matter of fact that France, Germany, Russia and others were profiting from illegal oil coming out of Iraq. This is why they are so pissed. Tough Sh@#!

Secretariat
06-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
They are called opportunist Liberals..........who want to use the bad things against Bush..........

Well JR, my post was to PA, but I'll ask you just who are these opportunist liberals JR?

Tom
06-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Opportunistic libs:

Kerry
Fat Teddy
Hillary
The sorry sac o' poop woman who is the House minority leader
Those idiots on cross fire
Clark
Gore

You wanna talk about traitors?
Try this list of malcontents.

Secretariat
06-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Well, let’s see PA posts that there are “good ol’ American Citizens’ here at home who wish the worst for the United States?

Instead of PA answering, an answer comes from JR saying these “citzens” are opportunist liberals who wish the worst or the United States…Then when I ask JR to answer who these opportunist liberals are Tom answers with Kerry who has tried to run a positive campaign (God, knows how he does it, I couldn’t and has won the Silver Star in service to his coutnry), Fat Teddy (is it his fatness that makes him unAmerican Tom cause if it does America really has a problem then), Hilary (I guess it was her fault that her husband had oral sex with an intern, that was unAmercian of her), Pelosi (the woman who attempted to get life insurance for our soldiers in Iraq which was shot down by Tom Delay and crew – how unAmerican of her), cross fire (well tom you got me there – I never watch it, but always have assumed the real idiots are those actually watching corss fire –at least the guys on screen are getting paid), Clark (I guess his life service to his country in the miltary is pretty darn unAmerican..maybe PA is right..what a terrible citizen) and Gore (another man who was in the miltary, and served as Senator and VP of his country with distinction).

So PA is this your “good ol’ American Citizens here at home who wish the worst for the United States? Or as Tom calls them traitors….

Lefty
06-07-2004, 11:48 PM
If Kerry is running a positive campaign then i'd hate to see the negative one.
Hillary: You obfuscate with the sex argument that she couldn't help it. But she could help trying to force a national health care plan upon us that would've actually put Dr.s in jail if they treated someone they weren't supposed to and we'd still be waiting to see one. She can also help the shrill rhetoric. And she introduced Geo. Soros the other night at a function. Can't get anymore extreme than that.
Gore: Served with distiction? YOu mean like taking illegal donations in a Budhist Temple and then uttering tat now infamous phrase "There's no controlling legal authority."
The DEms holler about gas prices but have prevented the energy plan from being passed.

Secretariat
06-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Now Lefty wants to get in on the act. Let's see PA's assertion that there are “good ol’ American Citizens here at home who wish the worst for the United States? Or as Tom calls them traitors….

Lefty beleives Hilary Clinton is one of these 'good ol' Americans who wish the worst for the United States because she beleives in National Healthcare, and the Gore's service in Vietnam should be equated to a Buddhist temple, and that Kerry has been running a negative campaign. Lefty, I only wish he was. All the commericals I see emphasize postive messages, and what America can be.

These unAmerican traitors, like that bastard Clark, they're just so damn unpatriotic, not like Cheyney and Mr. Mission Accomplished....and Hastert, and De Lay.....and Mr. Wolfowitz....and Ms. Rice...now those are veterans who served with distinction.....

You really want to align yourself with this group PA?

Lefty
06-08-2004, 02:27 AM
sec, nice try with the spin. Gore went to Vietnam, and daddy sent alomg a bodyguard. I guess you think that the illegal fundraising the Clinton Adm was notorious for was ok? Gore is out there now with all kinds of shrill rhetoric, and he too has aligned himself with Geo. Soros. But hey, we can forgive Gore for his part of illegal fundraising cause he was in Vietnam, that about it?
Hillary's healthcare plan would've wrecked this country. But hey, on the surface, it sounds good, but when you dig deep, ouch. So it's ok to stick everyone with the same bad level of Healthcare and if someone can afford better or deign to want better then stick them and the Dr. in jail. That's ok, huh? Sounds like Socialism to me.
Kerry keeps saying what he wants to do, but has no details of how he will do it except raise taxes on everyone that makes over $200, 000. When will you learn that you can't raise taxes on the wealthy without it affecting the poor? That and shift our sovereignty to the U.N. is about all i'm getting from this guy, well that and million flipflops.
No thanks.

JustRalph
06-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Well JR, my post was to PA, but I'll ask you just who are these opportunist liberals JR?

You gotta mirror in your house?

tom covered it pretty well..........

Secretariat
06-08-2004, 01:31 PM
I'll post this again...

PA,

Do Lefty and JR and Tom speak for you when you when referring to the “good ol’ American Citizens here at home who wish the worst for the United States? Or as Tom calls them traitors….

Are the people Tom mentions the ones you were referring to?

Was Hilary Clinton's national health care vision only wishing the worst for the US as Lefty says, or is it Gore who was in Vietnam while GW was working on a Senator's political campaign while supposedly on duty somewhere in Alabama the unAmerican, or that traitor John Kerry who won the Silver Star, or that bastard Wesley Clark who spent his entire life in the military with distinction. These are who Tom calls traitors, and JR says Tom says it all. And Lefty seems to be in agreement.

Do you actually mean these are the "good ol' American citizens here at home who wish the worst for the United States? Pa, I think you are not as Limbaughesque as these guys. Who were you referring to?

Lefty
06-08-2004, 01:41 PM
sec, i see you have adopted Kerry's strategy of "relate everything to Vietnam" while he himself said(during Clinton campaign)that what people were doing during Vietnam didn't matter. Another flipflop, of course. That's what I mean. Dems tailor their rhetoric to get elected and truth be damned.
And you the ultimate word twister have twisted my words on Hillary. I didn't say her healthcare plan wished the worst on the U.S. I said it would be the worst. And anybody who read some of the things in it, knew so. She refused to debate it. What does that tell you?
I guess it all depends on what is, is. And
There's no controlling legal authority.

delayjf
06-08-2004, 02:20 PM
He may not be the equal of of Ronald Reagan, but I'd take W any day over Clinton or Gore. Clinton was as smooth as a used car sells man. Gore was like "Barney goes to Washington". I especially loved the "There is no controlling legal authority". I guess that would depend on what the definition of "is" is. :D

All this talk about Bush and Saudi Arabia, how about Clinton and China??? How many people fled the country or pled the 5th.
And Gee your honor, I have no idea how those FBI files or my law firm records got here.:eek: yeah right, and I've got some land in Arkansas to sell you.:cool:

Secretariat
06-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Hillary. I didn't say her healthcare plan wished the worst on the U.S. I said it would be the worst.

Lefty, please go back and look at my original question to PA.

Lefty
06-08-2004, 08:47 PM
sec, I don't care what your orig question was, ok? You twisted my words and I set you strght.

Tom
06-08-2004, 10:23 PM
I do not speak for PA.
I was just chimming in with my list of "Goons we would be better off without."
No doubt in my mind everyone of them seek bad news so that they can use it to their advantage.

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2004, 12:17 AM
PA,

Not until LJB clarifies exactly who he means by "Many of our former allies now wish the worst for us."

You don't think there are many bona fide citizens of the United States that wish the worst for this country? You'd be a fool not to think that. Hell, we had citizens going over to Afghanistan to fight for the Taliban!!!! What's a little anti-Americanism among our citizens compared to that!

Secretariat
06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
PA,

Thank you for the evasive reply

JustRalph
06-09-2004, 01:17 PM
PA,

Thank you for the evasive reply

Genius! These guys are a bunch of escaped Genius Types..........