PDA

View Full Version : CBS Wednesday nite... With Charley A List Rose and Jerry Bailey

BeatTheChalk
06-02-2004, 10:47 PM
what a waste of time ..... The CBS web site is ok ...has some
video replays and photos that are excellent.

Dancer's Image
06-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Beat the chalk,
Waste of time? Let me guess....you don't like JB? It must really aggravate you to see a positive piece on him.
The average person who doesn't follow racing will see this piece and they won't help but admire, even like Jerry Bailey. Just call me an average Joe

Hosshead
06-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Is Jerry going to have Wrangler signs plastered all over himself again? Does he wear them in all his interviews? It's VERY distracting and the last time I saw an interview with him, the camera tried to move in REAL close to crop out the distracting sign. I don't even remember what he was saying.
It was like a battle between the director in the booth, telling the cameraman to zoom in, vs. the whore. Hope he wasn't talking about "class".

BeatTheChalk
06-03-2004, 01:20 PM
You guessed wrong pal....... actually your post is theee first
negative posting I have seen .. in regards to anything I put up
here. Oh .. I wont be reading any of your posts again ...

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2004, 09:04 PM
I actually enjoyed the Bailey piece on 60 minutes II. I thought it was revealing. I had forgotten that he had a problem with alcohol early on. I also thought it was pretty refreshing to hear him talk about how he has absolutely no friends in the jocks room because of how well he does.

Skanoochies
06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
I would say there are several jockeys that do well, Velasquez , Solis, Prado, Nakatani, Shoemaker and Pincay in the old days and many others, that were still liked and respected in the jocks room. Maybe ego and arrogance may have more to do with Jerrys unpopularity, than anything else. I lost respect for him when he was whining after Cigar lost his attempt at seventeen in a row. He blamed another trainers strategy in the race for the loss rather than his ability to see what was developing on the pace.
Talented rider but he won`t win any popularity contests with me.
Good luck on the weekend folks,

Skanoochies.:)

Dancer's Image
06-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BeatTheChalk
You guessed wrong pal....... actually your post is theee first
negative posting I have seen .. in regards to anything I put up
here. Oh .. I wont be reading any of your posts again ...

Oh, so you do like Bailey but still you make a negative post about a favorable TV piece on him, calling it a "waste of time"? I'm glad you don't like me(don't call me, pal!!!); with friends like you, who needs enemies.
Of course, it's all right for you to make a negative post about a favorable TV piece on Bailey but when I point that out to you, you accuse me of posting negative. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

kenwoodallpromos
06-03-2004, 10:27 PM
This is the web! What is wrong with having opinions? People have the right to like or not llke somebody without getting trashed personally. Too much emotion in horseracing is not good until after the race!LOL!!