If anybody would like to contact me in the future

Justralph2015@gmail.com

Greyfox
07-15-2015, 11:16 PM

Justralph2015@gmail.com

Wow.
I hope that you're not lonely.
Certainly you'll get visitors with that post.
Some day I hope that we meet.
I have always enjoyed your posts, but it's not likely I'll be e mailing you.:ThmbUp:

Clocker
07-15-2015, 11:52 PM

Justralph2015@gmail.com

Going somewhere? Inquiring minds want to know. :p

OntheRail
07-16-2015, 02:45 AM

Justralph2015@gmail.com
New Smart Phone?

thaskalos
07-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Are you abandoning us, Ralph? I hope not.

Tom
07-16-2015, 07:44 AM
I've tried to contact him in the future before, but every time I get ready to send the email, it is the present, so I have to wait.

tucker6
07-16-2015, 08:54 AM
I've tried to contact him in the future before, but every time I get ready to send the email, it is the present, so I have to wait.
That's what you get for using a cheap internet provider. Upgrade my friend. :p

Robert Fischer
07-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Placed your email in a sealed envelope (I've told myself not to open it yet!).

I believe You and Future-I will get along as friends, and much better than we do on some of the political threads. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
07-16-2015, 10:04 AM

Sounds like a defective flux capacitor.

Tom
07-16-2015, 10:05 AM
Fluxed again!

DJofSD
07-16-2015, 10:34 AM
JR, you pulling a Big Mack on us?

Robert Fischer
07-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Please post to let us know you are OK as well as the trifecta numbers for the finale.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Ralph might be leaving because I asked GaryG to change his avatar (currently, the confederate flag). GaryG decided that my request was over the top and decided he would no longer post here.

I discussed this with Ralph, and I suspect part of the reason he is leaving is my request of GaryG.

Nobody seems to remember that I publicly AND privately have stated a number of times that when Warner Brothers pulls the plug on the Confederate Flag in the Dukes of Hazzard, I would pull the plug on the flag here.

Silly, I know. But I consider BOTH SIDES of this flag argument to be the ultimate in silliness.

tucker6
07-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Ralph might be leaving because I asked GaryG to change his avatar (currently, the confederate flag). GaryG decided that my request was over the top and decided he would no longer post here.

I discussed this with Ralph, and I suspect part of the reason he is leaving is my request of GaryG.

Nobody seems to remember that I publicly AND privately have stated a number of times that when Warner Brothers pulls the plug on the Confederate Flag in the Dukes of Hazzard, I would pull the plug on the flag here.

Silly, I know. But I consider BOTH SIDES of this flag argument to be the ultimate in silliness.
I can see why they are leaving. You may own this site and can make all the rules, but it doesn't make what you did right. You crossed a line.

Robert Fischer
07-16-2015, 12:24 PM
having a confederate flag avatar is vaguely similar in some ways to having a visible bad-ass tattoo; Most people probably think a little less of you for it, a few people probably think it is 'bad-ass'(in a good way), and a few people probably identify with it in some way.

as far as a personal opinion about PA's choice - Not that it matters one bit, but I don't really have an opinion about it. That stuff is up to PA and I'm fine with that. Also fine with others agreeing or disagreeing as they so choose.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 12:25 PM
I can see why they are leaving. You may own this site and can make all the rules, but it doesn't make what you did right. You crossed a line.I could accept your argument if I didn't already make it quite clear what would happen once Warner Brothers kicked the confederate flag to the curb.

GaryG should have left back then if he was so morally opposed to my thoughts on the subject. I've been posting my policy on this since at least 2006. That's almost 10 years of ADVANCE notice.

Maybe you'd rather I be a hypocrite.

LottaKash
07-16-2015, 12:28 PM

Silly, I know.

Bossman, I can understand your decision from a legalistic point of view, and I will support you in that regard....

But, Screw Warner Bros...

tucker6
07-16-2015, 12:35 PM
I could accept your argument if I didn't already make it quite clear what would happen once Warner Brothers kicked the confederate flag to the curb.

GaryG should have left back then if he was so morally opposed to my thoughts on the subject. I've been posting my policy on this since at least 2006. That's almost 10 years of ADVANCE notice.

Maybe you'd rather I be a hypocrite.
I have seen you write on many occasion that you allow posts to stay up to show others who that poster really is. Or words to that effect. How is GargG's avatar any different? I had ancestors who died freeing the slaves, and I have black relatives dear to me, and yet I would defend Gary's right to express himself freely. For the record, I would never fly or own a confederate flag, nor support what I believe it stands for, but I equally would defend his right to express it. Isn't that what the American flag represents?

TJDave
07-16-2015, 12:42 PM
I asked GaryG to change his avatar (currently, the confederate flag).

Good on you.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 12:45 PM
I have seen you write on many occasion that you allow posts to stay up to show others who that poster really is. Or words to that effect. How is GargG's avatar any different? I had ancestors who died freeing the slaves, and I have black relatives dear to me, and yet I would defend Gary's right to express himself freely. For the record, I would never fly or own a confederate flag, nor support what I believe it stands for, but I equally would defend his right to express it. Isn't that what the American flag represents?Because GaryG's avatar is a cause of controversy, and has been for well before this board sprang to life (July 27, 1999). Recently, that controversy has reached its apex.

Every time in the past that somebody on here publicly or privately wrote to me asking why I allow that flag to be an avatar, I have always ended my explanation with the fact that if it's good enough for Warner Brothers, it's good enough for this website. When WB takes it down, I'll take it down.

Nobody has a RIGHT to express themselves here. This is a PRIVATELY OWNED and OPERATED website. Expressing yourself here is a privilege...you agreed to the rules of this site when you registered. The first amendment does NOT apply here, although I strive to allow as much freedom as I possibly can, without offending most people and without getting myself sued.

The first amendment only applies to the GOVERNMENT taking away your freedom of speech.

Maybe if you owned and operated something like this website, you'd consider my side more seriously. It's easy to sit there and say you champion everyone's right to say and do whatever they want when you yourself bear none of the responsibility and consequence of being so free in your thinking.

Tom
07-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Well, the lefties here will be happy.
We lose two good posters and they get their way by losing the avatar.

Hard to see the upside. Guess it pays to be a liberal. The right always folds.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Right...it's folding despite the fact it's been my stated policy since at least 2006.

FocusWiz
07-16-2015, 12:59 PM
I have seen you write on many occasion that you allow posts to stay up to show others who that poster really is. Or words to that effect. How is GargG's avatar any different? I had ancestors who died freeing the slaves, and I have black relatives dear to me, and yet I would defend Gary's right to express himself freely. For the record, I would never fly or own a confederate flag, nor support what I believe it stands for, but I equally would defend his right to express it. Isn't that what the American flag represents?Yes, in general. Freedom of Speech is what our forefathers held very dear as a right of all citizens. Protected speech is just that; protected under the constitution.

Gary is free to fly this flag in his home and I would imagine he is free to fly this flag in public. There are limitations, though. He is not allowed to come into your home brandishing that flag if you do not want to allow it.

While I believe that this flag meant more than oppressing African Americans to the South, I also believe that not saying an offensive word or not flying an offensive flag does not mean that the (real or imagined) associated bigotry now ceases to exist.

There is a tad bit of absurdity in us deciding that certain words are no longer acceptable use (especially with an exemption for part of society) and that flags do not have the meaning of the flyer but only of the viewer (I would not be surprised if some believe that the Stars and Stripes stands for internment of Japanese and bombing of civilians in Japan, but that is not what it means to those of us who fly it daily), but this absurdity is what we call "political correctness."

However, with regard to freedom of speech, while these posts are viewable in public, the forum itself is not the internet equivalent of a public street corner. More it should be considered to be like private property and while I think this stuff more charade than real, I support the decision to ban a symbol that has politically become offensive to some of us as PA's right and possibly even his responsibility (since that was part of his stated policy).

tucker6
07-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Because GaryG's avatar is a cause of controversy, and has been for well before this board sprang to life (July 27, 1999). Recently, that controversy has reached its apex.

Every time in the past that somebody on here publicly or privately wrote to me asking why I allow that flag to be an avatar, I have always ended my explanation with the fact that if it's good enough for Warner Brothers, it's good enough for this website. When WB takes it down, I'll take it down.

Nobody has a RIGHT to express themselves here. This is a PRIVATELY OWNED and OPERATED website. Expressing yourself here is a privilege...you agreed to the rules of this site when you registered. The first amendment does NOT apply here, although I strive to allow as much freedom as I possibly can, without offending most people and without getting myself sued.

The first amendment only applies to the GOVERNMENT taking away your freedom of speech.

Maybe if you owned and operated something like this website, you'd consider my side more seriously. It's easy to sit there and say you champion everyone's right to say and do whatever they want when you yourself bear none of the responsibility and consequence of being so free in your thinking.
I have owned a website with forums, and respect the difficulty in maintaining decorum among diverse members. I posted with that experience in mind.

Tom
07-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Yes, it is private property, and the owner has the right to make the calls.
We respect that.

And we have the right to differ in opinions.

Whatever floats your boat.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 01:12 PM
My debate on this issue is now finished.

My policy on this has been clear for almost a decade.

People are certainly free to disagree and even freer to cease participating on this website. I don't agree with their decision and think it's a severe overreaction. It's quite obvious they have other issues with this website other than whether or not I allow the posting of the confederate flag, or else they would have left back in 2006.

I hope GaryG never watches another Warner Brothers movie ever again.

I'll leave this thread open for additional comments, but will be closing it in due time.

And yes, the confederate flag is STILL being displayed on GaryG's posts. I was hoping beyond hope that he might reconsider, since I value him as a contributor. The same goes for Ralph without saying.

But I realize my hope is most likely wasted.

lamboguy
07-16-2015, 01:34 PM
i don't think that Ralph left over a symbol like the confederate flag. to me the call that was made on this matter was not right or wrong.

Ralph left over body parts being sold from abortions and someone making an argument accepting this policy. i think he must be sick to his stomach over this and it just touched a nerve. i really can't say i blame him on this one.

NorCalGreg
07-16-2015, 01:39 PM
I get a chuckle out of the reverence Warner Bros seems to be held in. (Or am I completely misreading that?) --All they did was fold up when they didn't even have to. Don't they own "Gone with the Wind"? Surprised they haven't burned every copy of that out of fear. Whoever owns "Birth of a Nation" is quaking in their boots right now, and looking for a bic lighter.

Marshall Bennett
07-16-2015, 01:42 PM
I don't pay much attention to avatars anyway. I didn't join this site to look at avatars. Mike has threatened to ban me more than once for my post here and we've had our differences. I can't disagree with him here, however. He's doing what he thinks he should do to have a clear mind.
Here's a thought. Suppose all conservatives here decided to use confederate flags as avatars, what would that say about this site?
Hope you'll reconsider, Ralph. I'll really miss you.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 01:43 PM
I get a chuckle out of the reverence Warner Bros seems to be held in. (Or am I completely misreading that?) --All they did was fold up when they didn't even have to. Don't they own "Gone with the Wind"? Surprised they haven't burned every copy of that out of fear. Whoever owns "Birth of a Nation" is quaking in their boots right now, and looking for a bic lighter.OK, my debate isn't quite over yet.

Let me clear up this WB reverence thing. My point in using WB as the barometer was to show I am using a silly line in the sand to combat what I consider to be a silly issue on all sides.

I think those who try and defend the flag as if it is pure as the driven snow and that the civil war wasn't primarily fought because of slavery are silly.

And I think those who fall all over themselves trying to get it banished from society as some sort of high holy symbol of racism are equally as silly.

Thus, I chose what I considered to be a silly reason for killing it from this board. It finally came to pass.

TJDave
07-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Here's a thought. Suppose all conservatives here decided to use confederate flags as avatars, what would that say about this site?

Your guess as to those who complained about Gary G's avatar...How many were conservatives? ;)

Hope you'll reconsider, Ralph. I'll really miss you.

I'll second that.

thaskalos
07-16-2015, 01:56 PM
OK, my debate isn't quite over yet.

Let me clear up this WB reverence thing. My point in using WB as the barometer was to show I am using a silly line in the sand to combat what I consider to be a silly issue on all sides.

I think those who try and defend the flag as if it is pure as the driven snow and that the civil war wasn't primarily fought because of slavery are silly.

And I think those who fall all over themselves trying to get it banished from society as some sort of high holy symbol of racism are equally as silly.

Thus, I chose what I considered to be a silly reason for killing it from this board. It finally came to pass.

It's about TIME you decided to enforce your rules in equal measure on this board. :ThmbUp:

There was a time when I had selected a signature with political overtones...and you were quick in alerting me that your rules here prohibited the members who displayed political messages from participating in the horseracing discussions. Seeing GaryG continuing to brandish his own "political message" in the racing side of the forum, I naturally assumed that your site's rules were only SELECTIVELY applied.

Grits
07-16-2015, 02:10 PM
PA, I support you 100%. If others do not understand the liability or the responsibility that you face owning and operating this site, they need to reconsider their involvement. I think a lot or Ralph and of GaryG, but they are not the ones liable here. You are. You are liable for content, and you have a responsibility to your paid advertisers!!

This place is "no day at the beach", especially Off Topic. There is much involved in keeping the rhetoric civil....surely not for the faint of heart, and not for one with a limited amount of time on their hands.

Take of yourself, my friend. No one else will do it for you. ;)

Tom
07-16-2015, 02:15 PM
What she said......

johnhannibalsmith
07-16-2015, 02:16 PM
I wish Gary and his avatar would/could stay, but I think Tony Montana said it best:

zIRwd1S26Ik

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 03:53 PM
It's about TIME you decided to enforce your rules in equal measure on this board. :ThmbUp:

There was a time when I had selected a signature with political overtones...and you were quick in alerting me that your rules here prohibited the members who displayed political messages from participating in the horseracing discussions. Seeing GaryG continuing to brandish his own "political message" in the racing side of the forum, I naturally assumed that your site's rules were only SELECTIVELY applied.I take it you would feel the same way about somebody brandishing the current US Flag as an avatar? I certainly wouldn't.

And since I consider the confederate flag to be nothing much more than an historical US flag (remember, I'm a Yankee through and through), that's why it didn't fall under the "political message" category for me.

thaskalos
07-16-2015, 03:56 PM
I take it you would feel the same way about somebody brandishing the current US Flag as an avatar? I certainly wouldn't.

And since I consider the confederate flag to be nothing much more than an historical US flag (remember, I'm a Yankee through and through), that's why it didn't fall under the "political message" category for me.
When you are displaying a Confederate flag...then you are making a political statement. No two ways about it, in my opinion.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2015, 03:57 PM
When you are displaying a Confederate flag...then you are making a political statement. No two ways about it, in my opinion.Your opinion has been duly noted.

Tom
07-16-2015, 04:00 PM
And your opinion outweighs that of the guy who posts it? You get to decide what it means, not him?

Robert Fischer
07-16-2015, 04:12 PM
I take it you would feel the same way about somebody brandishing the current US Flag as an avatar? I certainly wouldn't.

hey c'mon

i figured a little positive symbolism could only help, given the unorthodox crazy crap i post now and then.

besides it's a nyra national anthem screenshot

edit - Tom's avatar :faint:

TJDave
07-16-2015, 04:14 PM
And your opinion outweighs that of the guy who posts it? You get to decide what it means, not him?

In our brief conversation I was led to believe he was honoring Lynyrd Skynyrd.

...So I guess this was a decision based on high principles. ;)

whodoyoulike
07-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks for clearing up the OP. I thought he was dropping off the grid.

FocusWiz
07-16-2015, 04:54 PM
hey c'mon

i figured a little positive symbolism could only help, given the unorthodox crazy crap i post now and then.

besides it's a nyra national anthem screenshot

edit - Tom's avatar :faint:While I find your avatar to be positive, I am sure you are aware that there are members of society who see this as a threat to their way of life and a symbol of things that they have sworn to eliminate. I hope I do not live to see the day when we must appease all groups who claim to be offended by some word or symbol.

As an aside, after 9/11, some local cable newscasters donned American Flag pins as a show of support for the country during its time of distress. Management of the station insisted that the flag pins be eliminated because it made them appear to be biased. After a flood of letters and emails, management allowed them to wear the pins.

delayjf
07-16-2015, 04:56 PM

I admit that slavery was the primary issue of the war, but the mistake I think people make, is the assumption that everyone who fought for the Confederacy approved of slavery. People today underestimate just how provincial people were back in that era. Their loyalties were much more closely aligned with the state or region their families lived. Most Confederate soldiers did not own slaves and were ambivalent on the issue, what they did know was that Northern armies were invading their homeland.

I was born in the south (Baton Rouge, LA) and I grew up a civil war buff. I have always been more closely associated with the Confederate side of the conflict, because that's where I was raised and the fact that I had relatives that fought for the south. In fact one major battle (Malvern Hill) was fought on my ancestors farm. So for me, the Confederate Battle flag is a matter of heritage. Most of the people I know who share my interests in the Civil War focus on the conduct of the war and the manner in which it was fought, the strategies and tactics, not the politics.

If SC wants to take their flag down, so be it. My problem is this issue with the Confederacy and the Civil War is not going to stop here. So, what’s next? Will we now ban the singing of Dixie - I believe that’s coming. I'm sure there will be protestors picketing all Civil War reenactments as well. Already the NAACP is calling for the images from of Confederate Generals carved on Stone Mountain to be removed. Progressive loons will burst into Museums in an attempt to deface Confederate Flags on display. Will it stop with the Confederate Flag? How long before Latinos, American Indians, or Japanese Americans call for the removal of the flag that they were subjugated under (American Flag). My personal angst has more to do with fighting the political correct movement (Progressives) than defending a flag.

Inner Dirt
07-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Other than Ralph being extremely pro cop (I can understand that as I learned that is what he did for a career) and me usually siding against cops (Hope Ralph understands because my dad was a cop who beat my mother and I, and threatened to kill us both and got away with it because it was in the 60's and early 70's) I agree with Ralph most of the time in off topic discussions, so I hope he stays with us.

As for the confederate flag issue, now living in the South I believe it can represent may things. It can represent racism, but it can also represent rebelling against authority saying f-you to the man. I have known many an older white male, who uses racial epithets who treat all races the same and even voted for Obama. I would say actions speak louder than words. Some people did not grow up in this overly politically correct world we live in now and mean no harm in the words they use or symbols they embrace. Seriously saying "Jap" now brands a person a racist, it used to be just short for Japanese, some people didn't get the memo. The overly PC crowd need to back off.

whodoyoulike
07-16-2015, 05:29 PM
... I would say actions speak louder than words. Some people did not grow up in this overly politically correct world we live in now and mean no harm in the words they use or symbols they embrace. Seriously saying "Jap" now brands a person a racist, it used to be just short for Japanese, some people didn't get the memo. The overly PC crowd need to back off.

Seriously?? Come on at least admit it to yourself. Where did you grow up, it's been a derogatory term for as long as I can remember?

Robert Fischer
07-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Seems like the people who rule our country, and the people who influence our economy get to decide what is "good" and "politically correct" and they make it clear in our media broadcast.

All we have to do is go with the flow and not go against that system.

If you go against the flow where people are doing business, they may ask you to adjust what you are broadcasting, even if you happen to be a really cool guy.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-16-2015, 06:15 PM
As an alternative, I think people from the South should fly their State Flag instead. But for those with a true rebel spirit, I understand that just "won't work" for them.

Greyfox
07-16-2015, 06:26 PM
It seems somewhat ironic that the owners of Loonie Tunes (Warner Bros.) played a role in the decision that led to two of the best contributors on this board leaving.

delayjf
07-16-2015, 06:29 PM
I would say actions speak louder than words. Some people did not grow up in this overly politically correct world we live in now and mean no harm in the words they use or symbols they embrace. Seriously saying "Jap" now brands a person a racist, it used to be just short for Japanese, some people didn't get the memo. The overly PC crowd need to back off.

Agree, I love how all these guilt ridden white progressives feigning shock at the utterance of the N word in a movie or something - as if they themselves have never said the word. They are all liars.

JustRalph
07-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Ok, The flag thing does bother me. It really does. But it's not the whole reason why I have decided to stop posting. It may be one thing tied together with another over the last few weeks, but I have been contemplating this move away for a while. It's just not as fun as it used to be. plain and simple. I actually offered to buy this board from Mike at one time. I really enjoyed it. But things have changed drastically.

The racing portion of the board, like the game, has gone to shit. If the game is shit, it only makes sense. We had a great Triple Crown season. But every other stinking part of the game makes me feel like I should be wearing a black trench coat and covering my face to play. You lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas. Let's say I just can't support the game anymore. I am in Texas so I have to go out of my way to do it. I used to put 5k a month through the windows. Last year I traveled to Lone Star Park about 10 times and spent about 1-2k. I cannot sit around on Saturday and watch 200 races just to bet 2-5.

Phil is right. After reading through a thread where people were going out of their way to laugh off or defend the selling of body parts of babies I asked myself if I really want to partake in this anymore. I was already not happy with PA over the flag thing. But in the end that was his call. And it was just a small portion of coming to a realization that "it's just not fun anymore"

I've been around here for a long time. I have met some great people. I have met some serious Dickheads too. I've never sugar coated who I am. I have spent time with several of you on this board. The good guys outnumber the bad guys 10-1. The days of picking horses in the chat room and doing video calls with several of the guys on this board ended a while ago. Those were great times.

But there have been some bad guys. I have had a member of this board hire a firm to investigate me. Then actually release the data online. I outsmarted him, but that's an old story. I had a member of this board make vile and disgusting threats to my wife and I on twitter for several weeks. Including posting pornography and labeling it as my wife. So when Mostpost called my wife fat, that was babyshit. That was little league.

I'm just going to fade away. I still have a twitter account. I tweet too much sometimes and only have 130 followers (but I have some very interesting followers) and I enjoy the format for news. Which is my real addiction.

Last of all. Mike who runs this board is a great guy. We can disagree on the flag thing. But he is first rate. He has put up with me as much as anyone. He likes to tell everybody he's a New Yorker, but he's a Buckeye.
Don't let him fool you. You guys have my email address.

I would ask Mike to leave my account active. I might change my mind after a few months, you never know.

Greyfox
07-16-2015, 06:45 PM
I would ask Mike to leave my account active. I might change my mind after a few months, you never know.

Hopefully you will change your mind. Your contributions have been valuable from many perspectives, even the few I haven't agreed with.
Perhaps a break will work wonders.

All the best JustRalph, :ThmbUp:

Greyfox

iceknight
07-16-2015, 06:49 PM
but I have been contemplating this move away for a while. It's just not as fun as it used to be. plain and simple. I actually offered to buy this board from Mike at one time. I really enjoyed it. But things have changed drastically.

"it's just not fun anymore"

I'm just going to fade away. I still have a twitter account. Mike who runs this board is a great guy. ........ He likes to tell everybody he's a New Yorker, but he's a Buckeye.
Don't let him fool you. I might change my mind after a few months, you never know. Wishing you a good time JustRalph. I have nt interacted much with you, but you are held in high regard :ThmbUp: . Also good to hear little bit of intel on bossman :lol:

Grits
07-16-2015, 06:53 PM
The selling of baby's organs? The thread was devastating to me. It made me cry, it was so callous. I felt it had something to do with your decision.

Some of this is really bad stuff, Ralph. Very much so. Particularly the unkindness towards your wife, and the investigating garbage. What a bunch of BS. I had no idea that you had endured such. I don't agree with you, as you probably know, about Twitter. I don't think its a bit better than here. No way. Still, I understand your decision.

You're correct on PA. No one works harder at providing a knowledgeable and safe place to gather. He's aces.

Take good care..

This is so upsetting. :( :( :(

whodoyoulike
07-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Good luck. I wasn't aware about the background noise. Always liked your info posts. And, I've always said if some activity is no longer fun, you should find something else.

I hope you return.

TJDave
07-16-2015, 07:05 PM
The selling of baby's organs? The thread was devastating to me. It made me cry, it was so callous.

It would be, if true. Are you sure about that?

Robert Fischer
07-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Ralph, you and I are polar opposites on many political topics and sense of humor, but I've always seen you as a good guy.

As others have said, I hope you have a positive 'freshening'(as we say with the ponies) and eventually change your mind and come back.

Robert Goren
07-16-2015, 08:10 PM
Hopefully you will change your mind. Your contributions have been valuable from many perspectives, even the few I haven't agreed with.
Perhaps a break will work wonders.

All the best JustRalph, :ThmbUp:

GreyfoxI agree with Greyfox 100%. I hope JR returns soon. What worries me is when I read between the lines, I see health issues. The term "fading away" is especially troubling to me. I hope I wrong. In any case, I wish you, JR, nothing but best.

Rookies
07-16-2015, 09:25 PM
So many tangents for this one...so much time.

I'm leaving most go, as I have either already stated my firm opinion on the topic or... completely missed a rather vile one that was raised. Nor, of course, did I have any idea of some of the personal and distasteful things Ralph has spoken of.

That being said, I have disagreed publicly and normally strongly with both Ralph & Tom in the 90 + percentile. Occasionally, either has used some personal arguments against me, to throw me off my game. In the beginning, some others came to my defense- which I found a bit puzzling, as well as unnecessary. There are few weak sisters here and my feeling is... if you can't stand the heat... see ya.

For myself, I have the stones to stand behind my opinions and am not normally upset about some of the tactics used here to counteract them - as long as they don't involve threats.

I've always felt Ralph was in the same ball park. He can stir up a lot of shite here and did so, but was willing to absorb the verbal blows he knew would be coming and develop an inevitable response or three. He too is a big man, but if he wishes to withdraw over some disagreements with the owner of this site- so be it! As is the case, with all of us.

Likewise, if he wishes to return... so be it.

reckless
07-16-2015, 09:29 PM
I cannot say how truly sorry I am to hear that you're leaving.

I hope in time you'll return and keep us all on the ready with your posts and links.

Be well and good health, Ralph.

Saratoga_Mike
07-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Over/under on Ralph's return: Nov 5, 2015.

FantasticDan
07-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Over/under on Ralph's return: Nov 5, 2015.I was thinking more like this weekend :p :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
07-17-2015, 12:36 AM
I also miss GaryG.

NJ Stinks
07-17-2015, 03:38 AM
No time like the present to throw in my two cents. First, I don't come here because I'm hoping to have my (political) beliefs confirmed. I come here to have my beliefs challenged. GaryG and Ralph did just that with regularity. I'll miss that if they go for good....

As far as the Confederate flag goes, I have always admired the Rebel in the South's heritage. Brave men fighting superior firepower for four years without giving an inch is something to be really proud of. Plus, if your from the South, how could you not be proud of your ancestors for telling Yankees you are not going to take their bullshit? All this stuff is represented in the Confederate flag. I may be a Yankee but I get it. The flip side we all know about and that's understandable too. But after all this time I'm 1000% positive GaryG is not flying that flag because he misses slavery. So I say leave him alone - not that what I just said matters here, of course.

As for Ralph, he's just too negative IMO. The country is going down the toilet....young people are not only dumb but they're lazy....you get the idea. Anyway, so now Ralph decides he just can't hold his nose anymore - the stench from the left is too much. Fair enough. I hope you get a whole bunch of likes on Twitter. Or whatever it is they do on Twitter.

elysiantraveller
07-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Some people did not grow up in this overly politically correct world we live in now and mean no harm in the words they use or symbols they embrace. Seriously saying "Jap" now brands a person a racist, it used to be just short for Japanese, some people didn't get the memo. The overly PC crowd need to back off.

Are you kidding me!?!?!

https://thebluereview.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/92SeussSlapCartoon.jpg
http://web.utk.edu/~jrall/page_1/Allied_Propaganda_files/droppedImage.jpg

http://americaworldwar2.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/img014.jpg

So let's see we compared them to bugs, mice, and monkeys...

Maybe I shouldn't care so much but my thesis covered the topic and to say it isn't a racist term is flat out wrong. At least it wasn't institutionalized and we rounded them up in camps or anything... Oh wait...

FocusWiz
07-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Intolerance of ignorance is not the answer. Not everyone gets Every PC memo. Even our president has used words like "gypped.". That alone doesn't mean he is racist or insensitive.

Tom
07-17-2015, 08:44 AM
I used the term Jap referring to the animals we were at war with in 1945.
I meant it to be derogatory.

Anyone offended by that......tell your troubles to Jesus.

elysiantraveller
07-17-2015, 09:52 AM
My post wasn't in reference to you Tom. I already knew you were a bigot and expect nothing less.

Tom
07-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Well, it was YOU who posted photos, Mr Knowitall.
Guess I am in good company.....

http://www.doug-long.com/hst.htm
7/17/45 Diary Entry: "I told Stalin that I am no diplomat but usually said yes & no to questions after hearing all the argument. It pleased him. I asked him if he had the agenda for the meeting. He said he had and that he had some more questions to present. I told him to fire away. He did and it is dynamite - but I have some dynamite too which I'm not exploding now."

"He'll [Stalin and Russia] be in the Jap War on August 15th. Fini Japs when that comes about."

7/20/45 Letter to Bess Truman: "I have to make it perfectly plain to them [Russia and Great Britain] at least once a day that so far as this President is concerned Santa Claus is dead and that my first interest is U.S.A., then I want the Jap war won and I want 'em both in it.

:kiss:MA

LottaKash
07-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Please Mr. Elysian...................
Please learn how to resize your photo's
You've proportionally, wrecked this thread ...

Inner Dirt
07-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Seriously posting anti Japanese posters from WW2 proves how racist and harmful the slang Jap is? Maybe you forgot we were at war with Japan and they started it by bombing Pearl Harbor. Did you expect us to hold them in high regard?

Robert Fischer
07-17-2015, 04:29 PM
There is a an easy way to know whether a word is politically incorrect and that is to simply do the following test with a word in question: Wait, as a matter of fact this part will be well off the screen, so I will post it another time.

Clocker
07-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Please Mr. Elysian...................
Please learn how to resize your photo's
You've proportionally, wrecked this thread ...

Just click on his user name in the post, click on Public Profile, and click on Add to Ignore List.

Huge graphics go poof.:p

tucker6
07-17-2015, 05:42 PM
My post wasn't in reference to you Tom. I already knew you were a bigot and expect nothing less.
You embarrass yourself here. The original meaning of Jap was indeed a shortening of the term Japanese as he states. It had no racial connotation. Even during the war, it was simply a shortening of the name, but became racist during the propaganda campaign waged by the US govt (democratic by the way). I personally am well read and never knew Jap was a racist term. And I even used to speak fluent Japanese and my best friend was half Japanese. So stop with the BS. It is unbecoming to assume people are as ingratiating toward the PC world as you.

fast4522
07-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Ok, The flag thing does bother me. It really does. But it's not the whole reason why I have decided to stop posting. It may be one thing tied together with another over the last few weeks, but I have been contemplating this move away for a while. It's just not as fun as it used to be. plain and simple. I actually offered to buy this board from Mike at one time. I really enjoyed it. But things have changed drastically.

The racing portion of the board, like the game, has gone to shit. If the game is shit, it only makes sense. We had a great Triple Crown season. But every other stinking part of the game makes me feel like I should be wearing a black trench coat and covering my face to play. You lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas. Let's say I just can't support the game anymore. I am in Texas so I have to go out of my way to do it. I used to put 5k a month through the windows. Last year I traveled to Lone Star Park about 10 times and spent about 1-2k. I cannot sit around on Saturday and watch 200 races just to bet 2-5.

Phil is right. After reading through a thread where people were going out of their way to laugh off or defend the selling of body parts of babies I asked myself if I really want to partake in this anymore. I was already not happy with PA over the flag thing. But in the end that was his call. And it was just a small portion of coming to a realization that "it's just not fun anymore"

I've been around here for a long time. I have met some great people. I have met some serious Dickheads too. I've never sugar coated who I am. I have spent time with several of you on this board. The good guys outnumber the bad guys 10-1. The days of picking horses in the chat room and doing video calls with several of the guys on this board ended a while ago. Those were great times.

But there have been some bad guys. I have had a member of this board hire a firm to investigate me. Then actually release the data online. I outsmarted him, but that's an old story. I had a member of this board make vile and disgusting threats to my wife and I on twitter for several weeks. Including posting pornography and labeling it as my wife. So when Mostpost called my wife fat, that was babyshit. That was little league.

I'm just going to fade away. I still have a twitter account. I tweet too much sometimes and only have 130 followers (but I have some very interesting followers) and I enjoy the format for news. Which is my real addiction.

Last of all. Mike who runs this board is a great guy. We can disagree on the flag thing. But he is first rate. He has put up with me as much as anyone. He likes to tell everybody he's a New Yorker, but he's a Buckeye.
Don't let him fool you. You guys have my email address.

I would suggest both GaryG & JR have added accurate and balanced information here on this BBS. I understand GaryG's position and Mike's and by no means telling anyone what to do, but alternative icons like this one I think both could live with. I could also be wrong on that too.

For JR I would say how could anyone ask you to put up with more bullshit like that, I hope you change your mind and be the reason some are taking prilosec.

JimG
07-17-2015, 06:20 PM
The days of picking horses in the chat room and doing video calls with several of the guys on this board ended a while ago. Those were great times.

I rarely come to off topic but saw the title of this thread. I agree with the above quoted. Those were great days. Wishing you all the best as always.

Jim

Tor Ekman
07-17-2015, 06:44 PM
This is a fascinating thread, one of the best ever !

classhandicapper
07-18-2015, 12:31 PM
I think someday we are going to look back at all this political correctness crap and wonder what the hell was in the water. IMO, a lot of people need to lighten up or get a testosterone shot.

It's bad enough that people can't say what they believe without having their careers and lives destroyed because they are ignorant, but a portion of the time the stuff people get destroyed for is actually just the uncomfortable truth.

Tom
07-18-2015, 07:23 PM
The New Castroti.

Tom
07-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Just click on his user name in the post, click on Public Profile, and click on Add to Ignore List.

Huge graphics go poof.:p

It worked - got rid of two huge pains in the arse. :ThmbUp:

Hank
07-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I think someday we are going to look back at all this political correctness crap and wonder what the hell was in the water. IMO, a lot of people need to lighten up or get a testosterone shot.

It's bad enough that people can't say what they believe without having their careers and lives destroyed because they are ignorant, but a portion of the time the stuff people get destroyed for is actually just the uncomfortable truth.
You speak as if you are devoid of all knowledge of the historical events that gave rise to this whole "political correctness" thing you rail against.This is interesting given the fact that you obviously do have some knowledge of US history.This coupled with your allusion to "uncomfortable truths" seems to indicate that you personally agree with the racist misogynistic homophobic or whatever derogatory opinions political correctness seeks to ameliorate.This may not be the case, just letting you know how you sound.

Valuist
07-19-2015, 09:17 AM
You speak as if you are devoid of all knowledge of the historical events that gave rise to this whole "political correctness" thing you rail against.This is interesting given the fact that you obviously do have some knowledge of US history.This coupled with your allusion to "uncomfortable truths" seems to indicate that you personally agree with the racist misogynistic homophobic or whatever derogatory opinions political correctness seeks to ameliorate.This may not be the case, just letting you know how you sound.

You mean how he sounds TO YOU.

Tom
07-19-2015, 10:24 AM
This may not be the case, just letting you know how you sound.

Would you like to know how YOU sound?
PC is for pussies.
Grow a set Hank.

classhandicapper
07-19-2015, 10:28 AM

I value freedom.

I find attacking and destroying the lives of people that disagree with leftist approved speech to be a form of economic and social terrorism. IMO, it's often a greater evil than the "offensive words" that are often a joke, the harmless beliefs of an ignorant man, or at other times the unapproved TRUTH.

I see pure hate coming from the left all the time in this area.

To make the point, many comedians (meaning it couldn't be more obvious what the intent is) will no longer work college campuses because lighthearted jokes that all sane well adjusted adults of all races, religions, and orientations used to laugh at, now destroy careers.

I've seen examples of people expressing opinions backed by hard irrefutable stats gets destroyed.

I could give you an example from my own life where science eventually proved that my politically incorrect opinion was true, but I don't want to start another thread.

It's all disgusting to me.

Tor Ekman
07-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Jerry Seinfeld has stated that he will no longer play college campuses due to the humorless, thin skinned PC environment

Robert Fischer
07-19-2015, 10:38 AM
both parties use 'PC' as a weapon of control

and 'PC' is used as a weapon of control in both liberal and conservative viewpoints

Tom
07-19-2015, 10:38 AM
College separates the men from the boys.
The boys go to college.

thaskalos
07-19-2015, 10:41 AM
College separates the men from the boys.
The boys go to college.

And the "men" head to the unemployment line.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 10:42 AM
You speak as if you are devoid of all knowledge of the historical events that gave rise to this whole "political correctness" thing you rail against.This is interesting given the fact that you obviously do have some knowledge of US history.This coupled with your allusion to "uncomfortable truths" seems to indicate that you personally agree with the racist misogynistic homophobic or whatever derogatory opinions political correctness seeks to ameliorate.This may not be the case, just letting you know how you sound.Finally! Someone who understands this Political Correctness stuff and understands the historical basis of this stuff.

Please explain the historical events that came up with the ridiculous term, "People of Color." I found this term (used in the 80s) to be condescending and downright offensive, but it was Politically Correct. In my personal battle against this jargon, I would refer to a "pad of color" when I would ask a secretarial assistant for something other than a white pad. I vowed not to not accept this term until they referred to other (non "People of Color") as "Colorless People." Who started this term and why did they think such a term was necessary? It seemed like an "us versus them" kind of term to me, but I know it was not, since it was Politically Correct. Please explain how this pejorative term was somehow positive and unifying.

Once you have completely explained the historical significance and basis for why I should have been happy that the majority of the country started referring to me that way, I have some other terms I will ask you to explain so that I can be as knowledgeable and informed as you are and stop thinking that it is coming from a bunch of rich pseudo-political Hollywood types with no understanding of the true underlying issues and whose only goal is to make those of us who are not "in" with the latest terminology seem as outsiders or, worse, as biased, racist bigots.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Jerry Seinfeld has stated that he will no longer play college campuses due to the humorless, thin skinned PC environmentI can understand that. He likes to ridicule Chinese and too many of them are found on the college campuses. For some selfish, stupid reason, they refuse to laugh at how stupid and backwards they are for using chopsticks. Obviously, they are not just stupid and backwards, but also thin-skinned and humorless. He should add that to his routine.

Tor Ekman
07-19-2015, 11:03 AM
I can understand that. He likes to ridicule Chinese and too many of them are found on the college campuses. For some selfish, stupid reason, they refuse to laugh at how stupid and backwards they are for using chopsticks. Obviously, they are not just stupid and backwards, but also thin-skinned and humorless. He should add that to his routine.
Not to mention being terrible drivers :lol:

Oops, quick, call the PC police :rolleyes:

Tom
07-19-2015, 11:09 AM
And the "men" head to the unemployment line.

Liberal men, yes.

magwell
07-19-2015, 11:10 AM
(2) Washington, D C
1300-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur
Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan
1630-September 1, 1945
To: H S Truman
Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C
2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

thaskalos
07-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Liberal men, yes.

What I wouldn't give to have the two of us compare tax returns.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Not to mention being terrible drivers :lol:

Oops, quick, call the PC police :rolleyes:Seriously....

Who can drive while using chopsticks?

Robert Fischer
07-19-2015, 01:01 PM
The media is such a powerful force in our economy and in our rule. Product association(and association in general) is such a powerful principle in our media broadcast.
Product association is the basis for our corporate sponsorship.

Political correctness is important both for controlling the thoughts and actions of the population, and also for maintaining the rules of product association.

I personally don't mind a politically incorrect person/thinker. They range from intelligent, independent people to complete jackasses. I can generally tolerate most of the range of people. However, I also see that it can be bad for running the world, and it can be bad for business.

Tom
07-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Envy doesn't become you, Gus. :D

Tor Ekman
07-19-2015, 02:21 PM
What is it with the Greeks on this board professing the "mine is bigger" attitude?

Full Disclosure: My ancestry is half Greek, so I guess I'm only half as big

whodoyoulike
07-19-2015, 02:55 PM
How is any of this related to the OP saying good-bye?

Please explain the historical events that came up with the ridiculous term, "People of Color." I found this term (used in the 80s) to be condescending and downright offensive, but it was Politically Correct...

I thought this "people of color" term came about to refer to individuals who were non-white. Instead of continually saying Blacks, Hispanics Asians etc., in speeches.

... In my personal battle against this jargon, I would refer to a "pad of color" when I would ask a secretarial assistant for something other than a white pad. I vowed not to not accept this term until they referred to other (non "People of Color") as "Colorless People." Who started this term and why did they think such a term was necessary? It seemed like an "us versus them" kind of term to me, but I know it was not, since it was Politically Correct. Please explain how this pejorative term was somehow positive and unifying...

I think the PC term used when I was working was administrative assistant.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 03:15 PM
How is any of this related to the OP saying good-bye? Sadly, less than it should. He and Gary were class acts. I used to look forward to their posts.
I think the PC term used when I was working was administrative assistant.You are correct.

I apologize for the offense. Obviously I am a bigoted, biased individual who wears corporate rank on his sleeve and treats others as "underlings."

whodoyoulike
07-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Sadly, less than it should. He and Gary were class acts. I used to look forward to their posts.
You are correct.

I apologize for the offense. Obviously I am a bigoted, biased individual who wears corporate rank on his sleeve and treats others as "underlings."

I don't remember GaryG's posts but, I guess I could look them up. I do remember several of JustRalph's where a couple of them I found very helpful. And, I have disagreed with him so I'm not trying to make it look like I'm just trying to make him feel good. I appreciate it when someone is candid and straight forward in their responses.

Btw, these "underlings" will always make you look better than you think you really are as long as they respect you. Most people forget that part of the interactions.

thaskalos
07-19-2015, 03:38 PM
What is it with the Greeks on this board professing the "mine is bigger" attitude?

Full Disclosure: My ancestry is half Greek, so I guess I'm only half as big
Yeah...the guy has been saying for years that all the liberals are loafers who only leave the couch long enough to go to their mailbox to collect their government assistance check...but I am the one with the attitude. :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Not true.
Some of them leave the couch long enough to go out and promote stealing wealth from those who earned it.

classhandicapper
07-19-2015, 05:08 PM
I can understand that. He likes to ridicule Chinese and too many of them are found on the college campuses. For some selfish, stupid reason, they refuse to laugh at how stupid and backwards they are for using chopsticks. Obviously, they are not just stupid and backwards, but also thin-skinned and humorless. He should add that to his routine.

This is not directed at you. It's just general commentary about humor and other things.

If this true, I don't blame Asians. In an environment where the PC totalitarians have a long list of what you can and cannot say and what you can and cannot think, people are going to want to make sure they aren't singled out. IMO, it's all just dumber than a rock when we are talking about humor.

My friends and I spent our entire youth listening to and laughing at ethnic jokes at each other's expense. No one I know became hateful because of it and no one was hurt. People are smart enough to understand the difference between humor and malicious intent, especially when it's a professional comedian saying it. If this kind of humor actually hurts people, then my previous post was correct. It's time for a testosterone shot.

Humor is one thing, but it's frightening when we are talking about legitimate differences of opinion about things like values and religion.

In Hollywood, if you are a drug addict, alcoholic, womanizer, have been divorced 5 times and fought to screw your ex wife and kids out of reasonable support, have kids with emotional and drug problems because you were rarely there, have a bunch of kids out of wedlock you deny and do not support, hell, even if you are a pedophile, they'll give you a pass and celebrate you for a good movie, performance, or song.

If you married your college sweetheart, stayed with her, don't drink or use drugs, have no sex scandals in your past, have 2 well adjusted successful kids, etc... and during an award speech you give credit to God and his guidance in the Bible for your success, I guarantee you some of the audience will boo because you brought God and the Bible into it and someone might be offended.

If people can't comprehend how sick and twisted that is (and this is coming from an agnostic), then they've brainwashed you too.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Actually, in the politically correct arena, Asians are and always have been fair game. From Jerry Lewis to Rosie O'Donnell, comedians have gotten easy laughs portraying the odd appearance, the goofy language, or the odd food.

In sports, Shaquille O'Neill ridicules the language saying "Tell Yao Ming, 'Ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-so,'" and, like Rosie, gets away with one of those, "If I offended anybody...." so-called apologies.

While I understand the nature of his hatred, John McCain's "I hated the Gooks" comment is considered Politically OK (one step below Correct) because he is a war hero, and his lack of remorse, ("and I will continue to refer to them in language that might offend some people" [note that there is some doubt in his mind whether or not "some people" might be offended.]) is more than acceptable.

As I indicated, I understand his personal issues, but Political Correctness does not necessarily mean the underlying dislike, distrust, disdain, or general disregard is not there. Political Correctness is pretense of language so that you can be accepted by the majority. I firmly believe that he would never have used the equivalent black epithet had he been captured in Africa since he would have known the impact and because it is not accepted politically.

While I dislike Donald Trump, would never vote for him, and think most of his ideas show the naivete and lack of forethought of someone surrounded too long by "yes" men, his lack of Political Correctness is refreshing.

classhandicapper
07-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Actually, in the politically correct arena, Asians are and always have been fair game. From Jerry Lewis to Rosie O'Donnell, comedians have gotten easy laughs portraying the odd appearance, the goofy language, or the odd food.

I think the Polish, Italians, Jews, rednecks, Irish, blacks, Puerto Ricans etc.. would disagree on what is fair game. They've all been fair game.

Greyfox
07-19-2015, 06:31 PM
I think the Polish, Italians, Jews, rednecks, Irish, blacks, Puerto Ricans etc.. would disagree on what is fair game. They've all been fair game.

and Irish and Native Indians and Chinese and Pakistanis....the list goes on.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 06:45 PM
I think the Polish, Italians, Jews, rednecks, Irish, blacks, Puerto Ricans etc.. would disagree on what is fair game. They've all been fair game.Not disagreeing with you and not sure if you are disagreeing with me, but I did not say nor was I trying to say that only Asians have been fair game.

Blacks have also been fair game. Anti-Black politicians have also run for President. So have whites. No one group (that I am aware of) has a monopoly on being the brunt of negative comments or inappropriate humor. While it is becoming politically incorrect to identify ISIS terrorists as Muslim Extremists, we are fine with categorizing anti-abortionists as Catholic or Christian. Christians are also fair game by current PC standards, but that was not always the case.

I was merely pointing out that while some things have been beaten out of popular culture by the PC police, there are some that have never and are not now even considered a problem.

Had John McCain said those kind of remarks about the groups you mention, someone (perhaps MSNBC, perhaps Fox News, or perhaps even the more middle-of-the-road media outlets depending on the group) would have made a lot of noise. I am only aware of outlets in Seattle and San Francisco being alarmed at his use of the word, "Gooks" during his first run for the Presidency.

FocusWiz
07-19-2015, 06:52 PM
and Irish and Native Indians and Chinese and Pakistanis....the list goes on.What is and is not Politically Correct changes over time. As I indicated in an earlier post, someone who is not informed about a change in the rules is not necessarily a bigot (any more than someone who uses the proper terminology is automatically not a bigot).

No one said that Asians are the only group that the PC police do not protect. The groups they have protected and not protected have changed over time and will continue to change. That is why the list will go on and on.

Hank
07-19-2015, 11:44 PM
You mean how he sounds TO YOU.

Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

Hank
07-20-2015, 12:24 AM
Finally! Someone who understands this Political Correctness stuff and understands the historical basis of this stuff.

Please explain the historical events that came up with the ridiculous term, "People of Color." I found this term (used in the 80s) to be condescending and downright offensive, but it was Politically Correct. In my personal battle against this jargon, I would refer to a "pad of color" when I would ask a secretarial assistant for something other than a white pad. I vowed not to not accept this term until they referred to other (non "People of Color") as "Colorless People." Who started this term and why did they think such a term was necessary? It seemed like an "us versus them" kind of term to me, but I know it was not, since it was Politically Correct. Please explain how this pejorative term was somehow positive and unifying.

Once you have completely explained the historical significance and basis for why I should have been happy that the majority of the country started referring to me that way, I have some other terms I will ask you to explain so that I can be as knowledgeable and informed as you are and stop thinking that it is coming from a bunch of rich pseudo-political Hollywood types with no understanding of the true underlying issues and whose only goal is to make those of us who are not "in" with the latest terminology seem as outsiders or, worse, as biased, racist bigots.

I'd love to help, but You're about 2500 years late to the party.

SOCRATES: Come now, my dear Euthyphro, tell me, too, that I may become wiser. :lol: