PDA

View Full Version : She must have read it on the internet

DJofSD
07-14-2015, 05:38 PM
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/07/14/police-woman-blames-obama-for-counterfeiting-money/

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (CBSDC) – A woman reportedly told police she was counterfeiting money because she read online that President Barack Obama created a new law stating that people can start printing their own money.

There's your sign.

She could be finance minister in Greece.

LottaKash
07-14-2015, 06:16 PM
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/07/14/police-woman-blames-obama-for-counterfeiting-money/

There's your sign.

I think that Spain has first dibs on her printing expertise.... :D

whodoyoulike
07-14-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't know the details but, I think she has a mental problem. After all, she thinks everything she reads on the the internet is true. I think she wanted to be a co-partner with the owners of CC because their partnership name fits.

boxcar
07-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Printing money...what's the big deal? Like Uncle Sam, like niece.

BlueChip@DRF
07-14-2015, 08:59 PM

There's your sign.

Or was.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-15-2015, 02:15 AM
Too bad the citizens of the United States don't hand out an equal level of respect for Janet Yellen, the current queen of counterfeiting......

Robert Goren
07-15-2015, 09:14 AM
Printing money...what's the big deal? Like Uncle Sam, like niece.If you as a small businessman ever had to eat a counterfeit bill, you would not be making cheap political jokes about it. Counterfeit money is no laughing matter. A couple of phony bills can wipe out a day's profit for a Mom and Pop business. Of course most of the conservatives here never ran a business, so they would not know what it is like to be victim of crime like counterfeiting.

classhandicapper
07-15-2015, 09:29 AM
If you as a small businessman ever had to eat a counterfeit bill, you would not be making cheap political jokes about it. Counterfeit money is no laughing matter. A couple of phony bills can wipe out a day's profit for a Mom and Pop business. Of course most of the conservatives here never ran a business, so they would not know what it is like to be victim of crime like counterfeiting.

I agree with you, but what do you think Greenspan, Bernanke and Yellen have been doing?

They have been adding trillions of dollars of new money to the system. That means each existing dollar is worth less.

Robert Goren
07-15-2015, 10:11 AM
I agree with you, but what do you think Greenspan, Bernanke and Yellen have been doing?

They have been adding trillions of dollars of new money to the system. That means each existing dollar is worth less.They have not add enough or companies like Ford wouldn't be building plants in Mexico. Our exchange rates have crushed American manufacturing. The only thing a strong dollar accomplishes is bragging rights. When a company can building something overseas and then pay to ship it here and still undercut the American-made price, we have a big problem. You can rail until cows come home about currency wars, but that does not stop them. Our currency is under attack and we just sit around and do nothing. I swear the hard currency advocates like you won't be happy until nothing is manufactured in the United States.

Tom
07-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Small business has no greater enemy than the democrats.
A few bogus bills is peanut compared to the democrat onslaught.

And BS about conservative not running business....do you read you posts???:lol::lol::lol:

Tom
07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
I swear the hard currency advocates like you won't be happy until nothing is manufactured in the United States.

It is the democrats keeping the capital overseas.
Stupid obamanomics is the roadblock to good jobs and investment.
Lib greed is the root of it all.

DJofSD
07-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Small business has no greater enemy than the democrats.

Not just the small business owner but their customers and the population as a whole.

Robert Goren
07-15-2015, 10:59 AM
It is the democrats keeping the capital overseas.
Stupid obamanomics is the roadblock to good jobs and investment.
Lib greed is the root of it all. It takes a republican to believe that overseas capital argument anymore. The great Conservative, Ronald Reagan, once tried a "tax holiday" for money to return to the United States. It was a failure. Not only did very little money return, but more than usual amount of money left during the "tax holiday" period. It is about where they think they can get the greatest return on investment. When they can not compete with foreign made products because of the exchange rate, they are not going to make things in the United States. If you really want to see a mass exodus of American money, tell the corporations that their profits made overseas will not be taxed when they bring them back to distribute to stockholders.

OntheRail
07-15-2015, 12:19 PM
They have not add enough or companies like Ford wouldn't be building plants in Mexico. Our exchange rates have crushed American manufacturing. The only thing a strong dollar accomplishes is bragging rights. When a company can building something overseas and then pay to ship it here and still undercut the American-made price, we have a big problem. You can rail until cows come home about currency wars, but that does not stop them. Our currency is under attack and we just sit around and do nothing. I swear the hard currency advocates like you won't be happy until nothing is manufactured in the United States.
The US Dollar is worth less and less every day thanks to the Fed's Policies. As for loosing Manufacturing... can you say INSANE OVER REGULATION.... from the thugs at EPA... and lets not forget the Unions. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
07-15-2015, 01:14 PM
The US Dollar is worth less and less every day thanks to the Fed's Policies. As for loosing Manufacturing... can you say INSANE OVER REGULATION.... from the thugs at EPA... and lets not forget the Unions. :rolleyes:Where do you get that idea? If the dollar was less and less prices would being through the roof at places that sell foreign made goods like Walmart. Gold would be over $2k an oz like some were predicting a couple of years ago. All commodities are really cheap. There are plenty of right-to- work states, if unions were a problem. Even in them, manufacturing is not booming. I take it from your EPA comment, you must love dirty air and smog. It is cheaper to have clean air and water than it is not to have it.

Clocker
07-15-2015, 01:23 PM
Where do you get that idea? If the dollar was less and less prices would being through the roof at places that sell foreign made goods like Walmart. The Fed is doing its damnedest, but the Chinese and the EU are better at the game, and the Fed can't keep up.