PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Day PPs

cj
06-02-2004, 05:11 PM
They are up at DRF.

cj
06-02-2004, 05:28 PM
My Belmont numbers are posted on my site, its tough to format them here.

kenwoodallpromos
06-02-2004, 06:10 PM
If I read correctly, No one won at a longer distance than SJ; You have horses that ran shorter with lower and higher distance rating #. Is high or low distance # better and why are some higher and lower than SJ?

andicap
06-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
My Belmont numbers are posted on my site, its tough to format them here.

CJ when I try to download your stuff I just a box asking for my password and a script.

andicap
06-02-2004, 09:30 PM
OK, I was in the wrong place. I clicked on "downloads," instead of "figures."

What is the downloads tab?

And what is the odds line tool?

Buddha
06-03-2004, 12:11 AM
the downloads is for users of his program. the odds tool i havent messed with much.

cj
06-03-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by andicap
OK, I was in the wrong place. I clicked on "downloads," instead of "figures."

What is the downloads tab?

And what is the odds line tool?

The odds line is just an excel spreadsheet, similiar to the FigLine from Gordon Pine's site. You enter in a speed figure you think the horse will run, it produces a betting line.

andicap
06-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Pace figure is second call, like Quirin, correct?

I like what you do with your figs. I give extra weight to early pace but by adding 1st call to the final figure in HTR's Impact rating. That combined with adding the 2nd/3rd fractions to the final rating are killer contender figures which I use with a speed figure (Beyer or Cramer, but I'm going to try yours), and modeling the track to get contenders.
On occasion something like first call will almost be enough to get contenders. That certainly was the case Travers Day last year. The problem is if it's not a longer term bias/model you don't realize it until later in the card usually. But it does help when you handicap in the figure and you can downgrade the biased days.

Closers from the Travers Day came back and won with some good prices because they had hidde form.

Buddha
06-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
You have horses that ran shorter with lower and higher distance rating #. Is high or low distance # better and why are some higher and lower than SJ?

The distance number is the distance Tomlinson in the DRF.

Pace figure is second call, like Quirin, correct?

The pace numbers are 4 furlongs in sprints, and 6 furlongs for the routes.

cj
06-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I actually forgot they were there, I assume I shouldn't be posting that on the web and will remove them...sorry Lee.

Like to here what mudnturf has to say about that distance rating for Smarty though!

andicap
06-03-2004, 05:28 PM
CJ,
I have trouble printing out the figures when I download the file and copy it over to Word in order to edit it (to slim it down, take out a lot of the unnecessary tabs, etc. so I don't have to print out 30 pages.)

It prints out very very lightly on "draft." And barely readable on "normal."

Any reason for this?

Buddha
06-03-2004, 07:41 PM
CJ,
I have trouble printing out the figures when I download the file and copy it over to Word in order to edit it (to slim it down, take out a lot of the unnecessary tabs, etc. so I don't have to print out 30 pages.)

It prints out very very lightly on "draft." And barely readable on "normal."

Any reason for this?

without any editing of tabs etc, i would use wordpad and in a font like 6 or 7 it should come out ok. if you print in IE, it doesnt change much, but if you use Mozilla Firefox, it appears like it autofits to the page because i never have to change anything to get it all to print. i have a laser printer now so i dont have to worry about printing too light.

cj
06-04-2004, 02:51 AM
Hey Andi,

I rarely print, but when I do, I don't have any problems. Is your printer set to black or color? I would definitely not print in color, that could explain the light colors. Printing in landscape is easier as well. Some printers have "fit to page" which really helps.

I'll cut down a few fields for the web version as well to narrow the file.

Craig

andicap
06-04-2004, 07:45 AM
CJ,

You ARE da man!

:cool:

(Are you coming to the Spa this year? Missed you last year.)

cj
06-04-2004, 07:48 AM
How so? Just curious if, or which, suggestions helped?

(I'm trying to work out specifics, but I will be there one way or another!)

andicap
06-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Actually none. But just eliminating the tabs was a mitvah.

cj
06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
All my Saturday Cards are posted now...narrowed them up for you Andy! Can't leave a guy from the old Randy Giles site hanging :D We'll see how many complaints I get now about the missing fields...LOL.