PDA

View Full Version : 70-1 horse wins

Show Me the Wire
07-12-2015, 06:43 PM
grab and hold race today in race 7 at GP. Widest horse in the gate, :13: a fts, outbreaks vast majority of field as all the horses to his inside up to and including the :6: are grabbed and held first step out of the gate, while the :5: who outbroke all the outside horse including the :13: is grabbed and taken-up when the :13: reaches the :5: allowing the :13: to establish an uncontested 5 length lead in a 5 furlong race.

A strangely ridden race by all the participants. :eek:

Augenj
07-12-2015, 09:48 PM
grab and hold race today in race 7 at GP. Widest horse in the gate, :13: a fts, outbreaks vast majority of field as all the horses to his inside up to and including the :6: are grabbed and held first step out of the gate, while the :5: who outbroke all the outside horse including the :13: is grabbed and taken-up when the :13: reaches the :5: allowing the :13: to establish an uncontested 5 length lead in a 5 furlong race.

You weren't supposed to see all of that. :D

chadk66
07-12-2015, 10:07 PM
I had one run second at 199/1 once lol

EMD4ME
07-12-2015, 10:22 PM

I watched it a few times and you are not crazy, that was to say the least strange...

open_question
07-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Just watched the replay. Obvious snatching up of several horses in the early going.

Are we to infer that the jockeys were colluding to encourage a certain outcome?

That this was, as Damon Runyon might say, a "boat race"?

Wow.

Some_One
07-15-2015, 04:11 AM
FFS, the winner broke best and was aggressively sent to the lead and rail and the jocks on the inside had a choice and most conceded the lead and took back, think also there was another horse in the middle of the gate that broke in too.

castaway01
07-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Just watched the replay. Obvious snatching up of several horses in the early going.

Are we to infer that the jockeys were colluding to encourage a certain outcome?

That this was, as Damon Runyon might say, a "boat race"?

Wow.

Another fixed race that no one involved bet on....you'd think the people in this huge conspiracy would be smart enough to remember to wager on the race and not let the horse go off at 70-1. :rolleyes:

Augenj
07-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Another fixed race that no one involved bet on....you'd think the people in this huge conspiracy would be smart enough to remember to wager on the race and not let the horse go off at 70-1. :rolleyes:
Yes, it's more efficient to have a "small conspiracy" where only the odds on favorite gets stiffed. Then the perpetrators load up on the rest of the field in various combinations. ;)

therussmeister
07-15-2015, 12:09 PM
What would you people think if the jockey on the horse you bet went and challenged a 70/1 horse for the lead and both finished at the back of the pack. I don't think you would too pleased with that decision.

One factor that might have influenced the 70/1 out breaking the field is it was a very long load time. In particular, the :8: horse took very long. The only horse not standing in the gate during this delay was the :13:

EMD4ME
07-15-2015, 12:13 PM
What would you people think if the jockey on the horse you bet went and challenged a 70/1 horse for the lead and both finished at the back of the pack. I don't think you would too pleased with that decision.

One factor that might have influenced the 70/1 out breaking the field is it was a very long load time. In particular, the :8: horse took very long. The only horse not standing in the gate during this delay was the :13:

I can agree with your point overall about chasing a 70/1 shot but in this case I can't. It was too short of a sprint to worry about tiring out.

I do agree that many times in many long gate loads, crap happens when the doors finally open.

In this case, I saw too much grabbing by many jocks all over the track (not just next to the 13). Can't prove it but it just looks real bad.

camourous
07-15-2015, 01:36 PM

If your fixing a race you would place your bets offshore, where your bet won't change the odds. Gulfstream is probably considered a top tier track where the limits are high

Some_One
07-15-2015, 07:20 PM
I can agree with your point overall about chasing a 70/1 shot but in this case I can't. It was too short of a sprint to worry about tiring out.

I do agree that many times in many long gate loads, crap happens when the doors finally open.

In this case, I saw too much grabbing by many jocks all over the track (not just next to the 13). Can't prove it but it just looks real bad.

You had the winner and others gunning to get to the rail asap with the short run to the turn, horses were going to get cut off and have to take back.