PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Ticket Wagers (Twin Tri etc)

RaceTrackDaddy
07-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Below is an email I sent to both United Tote and Am Tote. I just can't understand the lack of our ADW accounts inability to wager into these pools. After all the program permits tellers to access it, why not us?

I for one cannot understand at this time with all the advances in technology why online patrons cannot make wagers into exchange ticket wagering platforms. If the computer can handle the exchange ticket on track or an otb or a phone operator, why can't a person with an ADW do the same? Don't you feel the time is right for someone to take this and run with it? Most force out days see huge pools on those Twin Tri and Tri Super exchange ticket races. If the online community had access to those wagers track like Palm Beach would increase their 75k pool today to something in the 200k range in the least. Time for your company to take the lead or else see (AmTote/United Tote) do it.

Any thoughts as to why we can't?

horses4courses
07-12-2015, 03:56 PM
I guess these wagers are mostly at harness tracks?
Twin Trifectas, etc. ?

I don't think the thoroughbred tracks I play
have them and, to be honest, they don't interest me much.
That being said, a healthy carryover makes them more playable.

There really is no reason why ADWs can't offer them.
Merely a matter of setting up necessary software,
and that's a cost they would rather avoid.

It would definitely be a selling point for the first ADW
to offer that type of wager - as long as the pools are big enough.

DeltaLover
07-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Twin Quinela used to be my favourite bet and the one I have had the largest scores ever..

ReplayRandall
07-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Twin Quinela used to be my favourite bet and the one I have had the largest scores ever..

Used to play the Colorado and Arizona greyhound circuits in the '80s, with the Big Q being the biggest pool of the day to attack.

Usual mode of assault was to wheel 1st half key-dog 7 times for a total of $98, then wheel key-dog in 2nd half with the 7 exchanges.

Other mode was for very difficult races where no key-dogs existed in either half, wheeling the 1st half field 4 times for $224, then with 4 exchanges would pair 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

With a long Q coming in 1st half, would be minimal exchanges to compete against, and unless somebody scooped, which was rare, would automatically cash 2 nice any-tickets, since we had all 8 dogs involved on our 4 exchanges......Ahhhh, the good ol' days.. :cool:

EMD4ME
07-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Used to play the Colorado and Arizona greyhound circuits in the '80s, with the Big Q being the biggest pool of the day to attack.

Usual mode of assault was to wheel 1st half key-dog 7 times for a total of $98, then wheel key-dog in 2nd half with the 7 exchanges.

Other mode was for very difficult races where no key-dogs existed in either half, wheeling the 1st half field 4 times for $224, then with 4 exchanges would pair 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

With a long Q coming in 1st half, would be minimal exchanges to compete against, and unless somebody scooped, which was rare, would automatically cash 2 nice any-tickets, since we had all 8 dogs involved on our 4 exchanges......Ahhhh, the good ol' days.. :cool:

Very intelligent approach at at least cashing 2-any tickets. Smart.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-12-2015, 11:50 PM

This brings back some memories. Have I got a story for you. If you need to go to the bathroom, do it and then continue on.

Back in the early 1990's, simulcasting came into being. At the Meadows where I cut my teeth on harness racing had two tracks to bet in simulcasting, Philly Park and Penn National. The Meadows would actually waste on two DRF and post the tracks on the wall (bulletin board style).

Now as a novice flat player but 20 year gambler I took to the speed ratings. I also was just learning track bias. Some believe it some don't. Also this was before the days of my having a computer and a virtual stable notifications.

There was one horse on the lead (filly or mare) that did not lose much ground on the lead at Philly when everything else died along the rail. I etched that name to memory, Olga's Fantasy.

About a month later, by chance we bought a DRF for the next day after making a nice hit. Looking at the entrants noticed that the next night Olga's Fantasy was entered in the second half of the Twin Tri at Penn National.
There was a carryover of about $90k going in.

I made my largest bet of my lifetime. With a $600 bankroll, I keyed horses 578 in a ten horse field and came back and punched some more with the major plays being $64 wagers so that I can play 10/1,4/all and 10/all/14. Missed the first half of the wager. My friend asked me if I wanted to borrow some money to play, I said I lost enough.

As fate would have it, Olga's Fantasy from post 10 won easily at 50/1. The 1 finished second and the 4 finished third. No winners on the Twin Tri.

Olga paid over $100 to win, Ex was over grand or two and the straight trifecta was over 14k for a two dollar ticket.

Bty the way, the carryover for the next race day, $190k. Yepper, and in the first half, the 578 did all hit the top three positions. In retrospect, all I needed was to box those three numbers six times to box the next race three numbers or just to box twice $24 to gain that cash.

Now you have heard fish stories in your past, this was my legacy at the big fish that got away.

If anyone has access to the charts or database of those races at Penn National and Philly Park back in early 90's, drop me a line as I would love to have something of record in print to add to my legacy.

titans1127
07-13-2015, 09:27 AM
I guess these wagers are mostly at harness tracks?
Twin Trifectas, etc. ?

I don't think the thoroughbred tracks I play
have them and, to be honest, they don't interest me much.
That being said, a healthy carryover makes them more playable.

There really is no reason why ADWs can't offer them.
Merely a matter of setting up necessary software,
and that's a cost they would rather avoid.

It would definitely be a selling point for the first ADW
to offer that type of wager - as long as the pools are big enough.Seems to be mostly a Greyhound track wager nowadays. Don't think any harness tracks offer it. The last thoroughbred track I recall offering it was Turf Paradise but that was back in the late 90's early 2000's. I'm sure a few horse tracks have offered it since.

Laziness on the ADW's part is probably why it isn't offered.

affirmedny
07-15-2015, 01:23 AM
This brings back some memories. Have I got a story for you. If you need to go to the bathroom, do it and then continue on.

Back in the early 1990's, simulcasting came into being. At the Meadows where I cut my teeth on harness racing had two tracks to bet in simulcasting, Philly Park and Penn National. The Meadows would actually waste on two DRF and post the tracks on the wall (bulletin board style).

Now as a novice flat player but 20 year gambler I took to the speed ratings. I also was just learning track bias. Some believe it some don't. Also this was before the days of my having a computer and a virtual stable notifications.

There was one horse on the lead (filly or mare) that did not lose much ground on the lead at Philly when everything else died along the rail. I etched that name to memory, Olga's Fantasy.

About a month later, by chance we bought a DRF for the next day after making a nice hit. Looking at the entrants noticed that the next night Olga's Fantasy was entered in the second half of the Twin Tri at Penn National.
There was a carryover of about $90k going in.

I made my largest bet of my lifetime. With a $600 bankroll, I keyed horses 578 in a ten horse field and came back and punched some more with the major plays being $64 wagers so that I can play 10/1,4/all and 10/all/14. Missed the first half of the wager. My friend asked me if I wanted to borrow some money to play, I said I lost enough.

As fate would have it, Olga's Fantasy from post 10 won easily at 50/1. The 1 finished second and the 4 finished third. No winners on the Twin Tri.

Olga paid over $100 to win, Ex was over grand or two and the straight trifecta was over 14k for a two dollar ticket.

Bty the way, the carryover for the next race day, $190k. Yepper, and in the first half, the 578 did all hit the top three positions. In retrospect, all I needed was to box those three numbers six times to box the next race three numbers or just to box twice $24 to gain that cash.

Now you have heard fish stories in your past, this was my legacy at the big fish that got away.

If anyone has access to the charts or database of those races at Penn National and Philly Park back in early 90's, drop me a line as I would love to have something of record in print to add to my legacy.

I think this is the race you're looking for but your memory may be a little off:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=PEN&raceDate=04/22/1991&cy=USA&rn=6

RaceTrackDaddy
07-15-2015, 10:45 PM
I think this is the race you're looking for but your memory may be a little off:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=PEN&raceDate=04/22/1991&cy=USA&rn=6
Been so long. How were you able to locate this so easily when Trackmaster (whom I was sent by Equibase) wrote and needed a date and track before locating it. Thank you so much.

I did recall wanting to key 10 with 1, 4 with all....then 10 with all with 1,4 in the third spot. Wish they had the prices. I can write Trackmaster to see if they possess it or will they send me to the page that you found.

Olga's Fantasy 10 paying over 100 bucks. Memories.
My friend who just came out of surgery on his ankle couldn't remember either the month nor the year of his operation that left me in dark on this. Bottom line it was one that got away.

BTY to all:
I got a reply from United Tote who informed me that they have an app that can be used in exchange tickets like a twin exacta, quin, tri, etc. They wanted to know my ADW. United Tote is now in contact with BetAmerica. I hope they can work something out.

affirmedny
07-22-2015, 12:49 AM
Been so long. How were you able to locate this so easily when Trackmaster (whom I was sent by Equibase) wrote and needed a date and track before locating it. Thank you so much.

I did recall wanting to key 10 with 1, 4 with all....then 10 with all with 1,4 in the third spot. Wish they had the prices. I can write Trackmaster to see if they possess it or will they send me to the page that you found.

Olga's Fantasy 10 paying over 100 bucks. Memories.
My friend who just came out of surgery on his ankle couldn't remember either the month nor the year of his operation that left me in dark on this. Bottom line it was one that got away.

BTY to all:
I got a reply from United Tote who informed me that they have an app that can be used in exchange tickets like a twin exacta, quin, tri, etc. They wanted to know my ADW. United Tote is now in contact with BetAmerica. I hope they can work something out.

I went to equibase and did a search on the horse name. When you click on the results tab it shows the chart of every race the horse ever ran(if 1991 or after). This one was easy because it only had 3 lifetime wins and only one was at Penn.