PDA

View Full Version : The Ted Cruz silence is deafening

DJofSD
07-10-2015, 11:10 AM
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/364791-new-documents-link-doj-irs-scandal-ted-cruz-reacted-big-suprise/

Has Senator Ted Cruz lost his bark?

When the news broke in mid-2013 that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had spent much of the past three years singling out conservative groups for extra scrutiny in their nonprofit applications, Cruz was among the first to call for a special prosecutor to investigate the scandal rather than the Department of Justice (DOJ).

But now that a slew of new documents has come to light this week, revealing that the DOJ, along with the FBI, actually played a much more hands-on role with IRS than previously thought, Cruz has gone mum.

Crickets.

classhandicapper
07-10-2015, 11:31 AM
What is he supposed to say?

The entire government and its institutions are corrupt and nothing short of revolution will fix it. Oh, and by the way, vote for me. ;)

DJofSD
07-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Say something, anything. He doesn't have to deliver a 10 minute stump speech but at least he could say something like 'I have been fighting this corruption for a long time.'

Robert Goren
07-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Maybe they have something on him! :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
07-10-2015, 01:53 PM
He's busy on his book tour that he's using his campaign to promote. He did a good live one-on-one with Chris Matthews the other day on MSNBC though. I don't buy what he's selling but I give him credit for showing up to take the heat in order to deliver his message... I mean book.

Edited to offer up a link to the Hardball interview for Cruz fans that don't tune into MSNBC often.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/sen.-ted-cruz-plays-hardball-480530499737

ArlJim78
07-10-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm sympathetic to the issue but this is nothing more than an attempt to goad Cruz into acknowledging the judicial watch release, WHICH ONLY HAPPENED JULY 7th!. Because he hasn't commented yet it means he's gone mum? has everyone else commented?
I hate articles that frame issues this way, it says more about their own agenda than it does about Cruz, but they're already casting aspersions about how he's lost his bark. ridiculous

Clocker
07-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Cruz has a new book just out, and is touring the country to promote sales. Let's keep our priorities straight. :rolleyes:

fast4522
07-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Senators make deals, in exchange for your help something you want for your state. . . .

It happens.

davew
07-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Maybe they have something on him! :rolleyes:

Even if they do not, they can make his life miserable - that is why when a party targets their opposition just because they have different beliefs, it is very bad - clearly you can see this?

Robert Goren
07-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Even if they do not, they can make his life miserable - that is why when a party targets their opposition just because they have different beliefs, it is very bad - clearly you can see this? I don't see it as much as I used to. It was much worse in the 1960s than today. What I see more of today is scam artists loosely identifying themselves with a political movement to discourage investigation into their illegal schemes. There is no shortage of this being done by scam artists claiming to affiliated all sides of the political process. It is happening by crooks claiming to promote aid to veterans to promoting tougher gun laws to promoting political support to either Israel or the Palestinians to........ These groups are quick to claim political persecution when anybody from the government even begins to look their way. It seems like if they put the right key word in the name of their "group", they will have no problem finding a politician(s) to stand up for them.

Tom
07-11-2015, 09:02 AM
The IRS being used as a political tool is better than the 60's?
Politics has never been at a lower level.

Both sides are nothing but scumbag traitors.

Robert Goren
07-11-2015, 09:58 AM
The IRS being used as a political tool is better than the 60's?
Politics has never been at a lower level.

Both sides are nothing but scumbag traitors.The political tool of the 1960s of the FBI. Losing your tax exempt status (if someone actually did lose it) is nothing compared to what the FBI did in 1960s to some anti-war protesters or the government mandated blackballing of Hollywood liberals during the 1950s.

reckless
07-11-2015, 10:29 AM
The political tool of the 1960s of the FBI. Losing your tax exempt status (if someone actually did lose it) is nothing compared to what the FBI did in 1960s to some anti-war protesters or the government mandated blackballing of Hollywood liberals during the 1950s.

I have often heard that many Hollywood liberals were blackballed by the government for their liberal views, especially when the conversation centered around the great patriot Joe McCarthy.

I do not need nor seek 100+ names from you, but you must certainly know some names of celebrities that were indeed 'blackballed' by the government don't you?

I know you're the kind of poster that tries to get the record straight so this shouldn't pose any problems for you. Thanks.

DJofSD
07-11-2015, 10:32 AM
I have often heard that many Hollywood liberals were blackballed by the government for their liberal views, especially when the conversation centered around the great patriot Joe McCarthy.

I do not need nor seek 100+ names from you, but you must certainly know some names of celebrities that were indeed 'blackballed' by the government don't you?

I know you're the kind of poster that tries to get the record straight so this shouldn't pose any problems for you. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacklisting#Hollywood_anti-communist_blacklist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist

Robert Goren
07-11-2015, 11:04 AM

I know you're the kind of poster that tries to get the record straight so this shouldn't pose any problems for you. Thanks. There were many. Some were writers and directors you may or not have heard of. A few of the more famous actors and musicians were Leonard Bernstein, Lee J Cobb, Jose Ferrer, John Garfield, Judy Holiday, Lena Horne, Burl Ives, Burgess Meredith, Edward G Robinson, Orson Welles, Kim Hunter and Charlie Chaplin.

davew
07-11-2015, 11:35 AM
The political tool of the 1960s of the FBI. Losing your tax exempt status (if someone actually did lose it) is nothing compared to what the FBI did in 1960s to some anti-war protesters or the government mandated blackballing of Hollywood liberals during the 1950s.

They were not just losing tax exempt status - DOJ and FBI were looking to put people in jail and seize their assets

Robert Goren
07-12-2015, 10:47 AM
They were not just losing tax exempt status - DOJ and FBI were looking to put people in jail and seize their assetsNames?

DJofSD
07-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Names?
Tom, Dick, Harry. There's three names.

What are you looking for? How about some specificity?

jballscalls
07-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Cruz has a new book just out, and is touring the country to promote sales. Let's keep our priorities straight. :rolleyes:

I always thought that about Herman Cain. He was trying to sell a book and then one day found himself atop the polls and had to have been thinking "Oh crap!"

It worked perfect for him. Sure he had his perviness put out to the world, but he sold some books and now has a radio show.

That being said I think Cruz actually wants the job in addition to the book sales.

davew
07-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Names?

Dinesh D'Souza is an example

Tom
07-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Names?

Google is your friend.
Type in "conservatives screwed by rat bastard Obama's IRS."

Robert Goren
07-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Google is your friend.
Type in "conservatives screwed by rat bastard Obama's IRS." That means you have got nothing

Robert Goren
07-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Dinesh D'Souza is an exampleD'Souza got caught making illegal campaign donations(using phony names). He plead guilty which means he admit his guilt. He got 8 months in a half way house, 5 years of probation and a 30k fine. What he did was illegal and he knew it, he got caught doing it and like a man, he admitted his guilt and is serving his sentence. How is this political prosecution? If a liberal got caught doing what he did, there would be a 5 pages conservative "love fest" here saying how crooked liberals.

davew
07-13-2015, 01:01 AM
D'Souza got caught making illegal campaign donations(using phony names). He plead guilty which means he admit his guilt. He got 8 months in a half way house, 5 years of probation and a 30k fine. What he did was illegal and he knew it, he got caught doing it and like a man, he admitted his guilt and is serving his sentence. How is this political prosecution? If a liberal got caught doing what he did, there would be a 5 pages conservative "love fest" here saying how crooked liberals.

democrats do it all the time - just look at 'Clinton foundation'

DJofSD
07-13-2015, 07:44 AM
. . . is serving his sentence.
He's done with that now. He's a totally free man.

davew
07-15-2015, 09:49 AM
D'Souza got caught making illegal campaign donations(using phony names). He plead guilty which means he admit his guilt. He got 8 months in a half way house, 5 years of probation and a 30k fine. What he did was illegal and he knew it, he got caught doing it and like a man, he admitted his guilt and is serving his sentence. How is this political prosecution? If a liberal got caught doing what he did, there would be a 5 pages conservative "love fest" here saying how crooked liberals.

the judge has decided he is crazy and must see a psychiatrist for 6 years

an interesting youtube clip about more campaign fraud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JGAt6LqJvw

DJofSD
07-15-2015, 10:09 AM
the judge has decided he is crazy and must see a psychiatrist for 6 years

Crazy is too strong a word but I get your point.

The judge chose to ignore the opinion of a highly respected professional concerning Dinesh's mental state of mind. The judge has no shame.

Tom
07-15-2015, 10:12 AM
That means you have got nothing
That means you are too lazy to look or to biased to believe what is already our there.