PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk July 9th

willphorse
07-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Good Evening,

Thought I would post up some selections tonight for Mohawk. These, I feel, are "live" tonight!

R1- L A Delight- Fantastic pedigree. First time out, this 2YO Filly paced a 1:55.4 mile, closing for 3rd in a field of 9. She finished that mile in :27, and she draws the rail tonight. Although she will be a short price, this filly looks to be on the path of a very successful rookie season.

R2- NW2 Trot. These fields are extremely unreliable, and can lead to some eye-popping prices on the tote-board. In this race, if offered a solid price, I may take a shot on 5 Chucknlindy. This 3 YO Colt ships north to face NW2 Company. Antonacci is a very good trainer, and with McNair in the bike, this could be a winning combination. The rail trip last out might make some handicappers pass, however, he still finished up in 29.1, and the favorite in here broke last out. If offered 10-1 or greater, I will be looking to take a shot here.

Race 5- 6 Groovey Kid
This is another good race to look for a price. This lower-level claiming Trot yields a few horses that could pop at a price, but the one that catches my eye is Groovey Kid. This 4 YO Gelding ships in from Rideau where he woke up last out winning by 8 against $8,000 Claimers in 1:56.4. On top of that, he was claimed by Chelsea Knapp, who is another good trainer. Although she is moving this Gelding back up in class, he is capable of some good miles, and last race looked like a HUGE improvement compared to recent form.

Good luck!