PDA

View Full Version : What are the best wagers to score once we found our elusive horse.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Since we are talking about gambling on this board, I would like to start a thread about which pools are your personal favorite.

Options:
Win
Place
Show
Daily Double
Pick-3,4, et al
Twin Quin
Twin Tri
Exacta
Trifecta
Superfecta
Hi-5 with jackpot

My favorite from years gone by at the Meadows was the Big E - it is two consecutive races that have an exchange ticket from the winner of the first to get a ticket in the second, similar to the Twin Quin or Twin Tri, but the races are back to back with no money on the exchange ticket.

But now I have to say that I am leaning towards the Daily Double being first, then the Exacta in the place spot and last the Win bet.

LottaKash
07-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Since we are talking about gambling on this board, I would like to start a thread about which pools are your personal favorite.

But now I have to say that I am leaning towards the Daily Double being first, then the Exacta in the place spot and last the Win bet.

These are my best and most profitable play categories..in that order..

1- Win/Place (depending on the type and makeup of any given race)

2- Exacta, especially cold one ways...or a goodie price horse with the fave for 2d...or a 2 horse box..

3- DD's...One horse each leg, sometimes a one leg/1-horse with several others or even all, if I perceive to have a hidden gem going...

lamboguy
07-08-2015, 05:54 PM
i like the GRAND SLAM because it sounds good, haven't bet it yet though

RaceTrackDaddy
07-08-2015, 06:22 PM
I heard of the Grand Slam but don't recall how it is operated. How is it Lamboguy?

While we are at this, I saw a strange wager at Ascot, forget the name but it would be a winning ticket if the two horses you bet both would finish in the top three. I mean, you bet two horses, they finish second and third and you get to cash your ticket. WOW, all those nosed out at the line races would be gone from my memory.

Robert Goren
07-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Between the breakage and tax laws and regulations, It is my opinion that win, exacta, and daily doubles are the way to go. But I am a T-bred bettor, not a harness bettor, so what do I know?

Prytanis
07-08-2015, 10:09 PM
The grand slam starts in the 5th at Belmont and ends in the 8th
Your pick has to run in the money in races 5-7 and win the 8th

RaceTrackDaddy
07-09-2015, 02:23 PM
The grand slam starts in the 5th at Belmont and ends in the 8th
Your pick has to run in the money in races 5-7 and win the 8th
thank you. I learn something each day.