PDA

View Full Version : Something nice for a change....

Tom
07-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Last night, at the local ballpark, The Red Wings had three people selected "at random" fro the crowd to throw out the first pitch. One young woman was selected, but the fix was in - here seat number was known in advance.
The three people took their shots throwing the ball, and the catcher then ran out with the ball and handed it the young woman, removing his face mask as he did.

Under the mask was her brother, who had just arrived home from serving in the Marines.

Standing ovation. :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
07-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Last night, at the local ballpark, The Red Wings had three people selected "at random" fro the crowd to throw out the first pitch. One young woman was selected, but the fix was in - here seat number was known in advance.
The three people took their shots throwing the ball, and the catcher then ran out with the ball and handed it the young woman, removing his face mask as he did.

Under the mask was her brother, who had just arrived home from serving in the Marines.

Standing ovation. :ThmbUp:
As the youngsters would say, way kool!

I'm sure that would have brought a tear to my eyes.

FantasticDan
07-08-2015, 01:25 PM
You hear about these arranged "surprises" pretty often these days, and it's great and wonderful when the soldier comes home from a long tour overseas and surprises their child or spouse..

But this one was a little odd.. the soldier's just coming home from being stationed in California and he wanted to surprise his.. sister?

I mean, I guess it's still nice.. :D ;)