PDA

View Full Version : Racial bias in the criminal justice system

horses4courses
07-07-2015, 09:45 PM
I know many of the regulars here won't care, but these stats are scary.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/jul/07/us-elected-prosecutors-white-men-criminal-justice-system?CMP=share_btn_tw

White men make up 79% of elected prosecutors in US, study says

White Americans make up 95% of elected prosecutors across the US, according to a study that cites the non-indictments of white police officers in the high-profile deaths of unarmed black men as the “shocking” reality of a disproportionate and non-diverse criminal justice system that relies on prosecutorial power.

The combination of these racial and gender disparities means that white men, who represent 31% of the population, hold 79% of the 2,437 elected prosecutors

According to the report, black Americans represent less than 4% of elected prosecutors, and Latinos less than 2%. A full 60% of states have no elected black prosecutors at all. More than half (33) of the 61 identified black prosecutors are found in just two states: Mississippi and Virginia. In 15 states, including New Jersey, Washington and Colorado, every elected prosecutor is white.

tucker6
07-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Can you point to the specific examples of racial bias in the article you posted? You seem to equate racial makeup with racial bias, which is likely erroneous for at least 95% of those you seem to disparage without knowing any of them..

horses4courses
07-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Can you point to the specific examples of racial bias in the article you posted? You seem to equate racial makeup with racial bias, which is likely erroneous for at least 95% of those you seem to disparage without knowing any of them..

What this shows is how lopsided the system is racially.
95% white???
C'mon......

xtb
07-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Another example of how misleading statistics can be. How many blacks have chosen a career as a prosecuting attorney, the pool from which elected prosecutors are drawn from?

tucker6
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
95% white???
C'mon......
... and what does that have to do with racism?? Whites owned 100% of the 'system' in 1861 and a civil war was fought to free the 0%.

tucker6
07-07-2015, 10:03 PM
The problem H4C is that you are too biased to separate the forest for the trees.

horses4courses
07-07-2015, 10:05 PM
The problem H4C is that you are too biased to separate the forest for the trees.

Four out of five are white males.
Backing race out of the equation, what about women?

This is a sick joke.

OntheRail
07-07-2015, 10:06 PM
95% white???
C'mon......

Elected so the local public placed them. Justice is blind... but the voting public can see the choices they have before them. ;)

tucker6
07-07-2015, 10:09 PM

This is a sick joke.
so what I say again. Where are your examples of bias to show that it has led to racism?

100% of the presidents of the USA are black. Now THAT is a sick joke.

xtb
07-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Black and Hispanic prosecutors certainly don't get support from their own race.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/may/31/local/me-thelaw31

Clocker
07-07-2015, 10:38 PM

The new buzz phrase in La La Land is disparate impact. If the outcome does not precisely match the demographic make-up of the population, that is de facto proof of discrimination.

SCOTUS ruled last week on a public housing case that suits charging discrimination could be brought based on disparate impact, even if there was obviously no indication of intent of such impact.

Hank
07-07-2015, 10:42 PM
I know many of the regulars here won't care, but these stats are scary.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/jul/07/us-elected-prosecutors-white-men-criminal-justice-system?CMP=share_btn_tw

Congratulations!

Clocker
07-07-2015, 10:50 PM

This is a sick joke.

Threshold question: what percentage of those choosing to run for office in this field are white males?

Elected prosecutors usually come from the staffs of DAs and Atty Generals. I know from personal experience that many law firms find those staffs to be ripe pickings to hire minorities that have gotten training and experience in the public sector. Those lawyers are now faced with the decision of taking a much more lucrative job in the private sector or putting in many more years in the public sector grooming themselves for elected office. It is a no-brainer for most.

horses4courses
07-07-2015, 10:56 PM
The new buzz phrase in La La Land is disparate impact. If the outcome does not precisely match the demographic make-up of the population, that is de facto proof of discrimination.

SCOTUS ruled last week on a public housing case that suits charging discrimination could be brought based on disparate impact, even if there was obviously no indication of intent of such impact.

This article is not about specific instances of discrimination.
It's reporting on a study that broke down the racial profile
of close to 2500 elected prosecutors. It shows that it's slanted.

For anyone interested, this is an example of how
the rest of the world sees the US.
Most of you on here, I realize, really don't care.

Clocker
07-07-2015, 11:12 PM
This article is not about specific instances of discrimination.
It's reporting on a study that broke down the racial profile
of close to 2500 elected prosecutors. It shows that it's slanted.

No it doesn't. It shows disparate impact, which is just as likely attributed to the self-selection process of the candidates as to any discrimination by the voters.

Your use of the term "slanted" implies discrimination. Where is the evidence? At the risk of repeating myself, neither you nor the article address the demographic of candidates, only the outcome of elections.

Tom
07-07-2015, 11:17 PM
H4C, when it comes to statistics, don't try this at home. :lol: :lol:

Clocker
07-08-2015, 02:13 AM

And why exactly should we give a flying fark what the rest of the world thinks of us?

Half of the world hates us, and will continue to hate us no matter how much we bow and scrape and try to buy their respect.

And the other half are spending all of their waking hours trying to figure out how to do business with us or how to get into the country, legally or otherwise.

Tom
07-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by horses4courses

Don't blame us, blame Obama.
He has not bowed to nearly enough people it appears.

After this many years in office, one would think he would have changed the world's opinion of us. He has - they laugh at us now. No one trusts us and everyone knows we will not do anything.

newtothegame
07-08-2015, 07:58 AM
So let me see if I get this straight.......
Obama ELECTED, we are told to get over it!!!
White lawyers elected and we are told its wrong!!

Lmao.....too funny for words.......

And you are right H4C, how the rest of the world sees the US is the claim you are making here......IDIOTIC!

Tom
07-08-2015, 09:04 AM
95% white???
C'mon......

Maybe people are only voting for qualified candidates, unlike they voted for POTUS.

Black are only about 14% of the population, so Obama's election show how racially biased the system is.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Hank, you can thank the democrats who rule the urban areas and inner cities which are comprised mostly of minorities...their (YOUR) way of governing stifles the very dreams and ambitions necessary to rise up into these positions of power within the criminal justice system. YOUR WAY keeps minorities "in their place," sucking at YOUR TEAT of government, instead of educating and encouraging minorities to run for these higher offices.

You act as if there are all these minorities just clamoring for higher level jobs and elected positions within the criminal justice system. Until you can show me THOSE STATS which state there is a comparable number of minorities seeking these positions, and they are simply being IGNORED in favor of the white man, then I consider your thread here to be nothing but a prime example of how little the democratic party and their ideology has done for the minorities they "serve" in their communities...

Robert Fischer
07-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Democrats and Republicans and everyone else make moves based on incentives and self-interest.

The people in power have decided that power for our criminal justice system is more cost-effective than trying to ensure fair behavior in every situation...

Inner Dirt
07-08-2015, 10:21 AM
We have back to back black attorney generals. Since blacks are 13% of the population the odds of that randomly happening are 1.7% yet no one talks about that kind of racial bias or what I would call blatant racism from the person doing the hiring. On a lighter side anyone watch "Family Feud"? It is always a black family against a white or other non black race. Anyone screaming racial bias there when blacks make up 1/2 the participants while only 13% of the population? Pretty obvious it is done on request of the black host, Steve Harvey, another liberal who is completely intolerant of anyone with an opposing view. Liberals complain about the low percentage of blacks in MLB, but never mention the lack of whites in the NBA. So in closing most people complaining about racial bias have no leg to stand on, unless they say things are biased against whites.

Tom
07-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Good example - Ferguson.
Majority of the population is Black, yet they whine and cry that the city government and police force is mostly White.

duh.

Who the Hell votes those people into office??
Their problems are of their own making.

horses4courses
07-08-2015, 10:39 AM
No it doesn't. It shows disparate impact, which is just as likely attributed to the self-selection process of the candidates as to any discrimination by the voters.

Your use of the term "slanted" implies discrimination. Where is the evidence? At the risk of repeating myself, neither you nor the article address the demographic of candidates, only the outcome of elections.

Semantics.
Slanted, skewed, unbalanced - take your pick.

Hey, if you guys think 95% white is fair and balanced, that's just fine.
You assume that they treat everyone equally and fairly.
That's a big assumption, but one you are obviously comfortable with.
No surprises there.

horses4courses
07-08-2015, 10:40 AM
And why exactly should we give a flying fark what the rest of the world thinks of us?

Like I said, many of you don't care.

Tom
07-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Maybe the rest of the world should care what WE think of them.
We are just fine when they need us to bail their lame asses out of problems.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Like I said, many of you don't care.I care about the fact that Democrat-run mostly minority areas have floundered during their entire decades-long tenure.

Don't you care about that? Don't you place any blame with Democrats and their lack of leadership? Aren't they at least partly to blame for the lack of non-White people in high positions in the criminal justice system?

Heal thyself....Democrat

Clocker
07-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Like I said, many of you don't care.

Why should we care what the rest of the world thinks about our criminal justice system? Most of them don't understand it anyway. Hell, you don't understand it and neither does the author of that article.

You claim that there is racial and sexual bias in the criminal justice system based on the disparate racial balance in elected prosecutors. The prosecutors aren't put in office by the criminal justice system, they are put there by the voters. If there is bias, it is in the electorate, not in the system. So where are all those minority prosecutors that the Democratic voters should be putting in office?

From your original post:
According to the report, black Americans represent less than 4% of elected prosecutors, and Latinos less than 2%. A full 60% of states have no elected black prosecutors at all. More than half (33) of the 61 identified black prosecutors are found in just two states: Mississippi and Virginia. In 15 states, including New Jersey, Washington and Colorado, every elected prosecutor is white.

The two best states cited: MS and VA, a solid red state and a purple state.

The three worst cited: NJ, WA, and CO, 2 solid blues and a purple.

Let him who is without sin cast the first race card.

OntheRail
07-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Semantics.
Slanted, skewed, unbalanced - take your pick.

Hey, if you guys think 95% white is fair and balanced, that's just fine.
You assume that they treat everyone equally and fairly.
That's a big assumption, but one you are obviously comfortable with.
No surprises there.

And you assume they don't... which makes you the pot or the kettle...

LottaKash
07-08-2015, 04:06 PM
And you assume they don't... which makes you the pot or the kettle...

Well put question...I don't think he gets it tho, he is very communal you know....

Life is so unfair.... :D

Dave Schwartz
07-08-2015, 04:40 PM
According to this article (http://www.diversityinc.com/diversity-recruitment/more-black-men-lawyers-but-racial-gap-remains/), only 13% of attorneys are black. If 4/5 of elected prosecutors are white, that stat is not extremely far off.

The IV would be 80 / 87 = 0.92

And what is the consideration of black attorneys for working in public sector jobs relative to private sector? Perhaps they are more interested in pursuing profit than prosecuting their fellow man.

Sorry, but H4C - your argument is, IMHO, without merit.

Robert Goren
07-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Good example - Ferguson.
Majority of the population is Black, yet they whine and cry that the city government and police force is mostly White.

duh.

Who the Hell votes those people into office??
Their problems are of their own making.There was a rapid change in the racial make up Ferguson. The government had not yet caught to that change. Ferguson is prime example of what happens when the authorities especially, when the poorly trained police force is completely out of touch with the population. Throw in that parts of the government thought it was ok to use the city system to send racist emails, you have a recipe for disaster. The days where a largely Black population is going to settle for a largely White government are over.

Tom
07-08-2015, 10:34 PM
There was a rapid change in the racial make up Ferguson. The government had not yet caught to that change.

I was in Ferguson back in the 80s.
Just drove through, but I don't recall that many white faces.

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 08:41 AM
I was in Ferguson back in the 80s.
Just drove through, but I don't recall that many white faces.

Yeah, you just might remember something like that.
Such an eye for detail :eek:

Of course, you may have been driving over the speed limit.
Chances of a white boy getting pulled over must be slim to none.

Tom
07-09-2015, 09:33 AM
What a useless post.
Thank you for sharing your RACIST drivel.

Hey, I have good news for you.
I found a rock last night that you have yet looked under for a racist white boy. I will PM your the coordinates.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 09:41 AM
According to this article (http://www.diversityinc.com/diversity-recruitment/more-black-men-lawyers-but-racial-gap-remains/), only 13% of attorneys are black. If 4/5 of elected prosecutors are white, that stat is not extremely far off.

And what is the consideration of black attorneys for working in public sector jobs relative to private sector? Perhaps they are more interested in pursuing profit than prosecuting their fellow man.

Sorry, but H4C - your argument is, IMHO, without merit.Careful Dave...you'll be called a racist right-wing whack job if you keep making statistical sense like this.

But we all know you're not highly partisan either way, so it will be interesting to see if and how H4C responds...he's been ignoring some choice replies in this thread...

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Who says I was making an argument for anything on this thread?
Funny how people misconstrue the term "bias".

I was merely pointing out a study that shows the racial and gender
breakdowns of criminal prosecutors in this country. Hardly rocket science.
The results cannot be regarded as much other than biased.
Especially from outsiders looking in.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot.
What would the reaction be around here if blacks and hispanics
made up 80% of criminal prosecutors?
Don't feel obliged to answer truthfully........ :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 10:20 AM
You continue to ignore the salient points I made earlier in this thread and the excellent statistical point Dave S. just made.

But that's ok...I expected this.

Democrats are excellent at creating racism and bias where none really exists.

It's called fundraising 101.

Clocker
07-09-2015, 10:27 AM

As I pointed out earlier, if there is any bias here it is in the people electing those prosecutors, not in the criminal justice system. And the examples you cite in the OP indicates that the most disparate impact, with 100% lily white prosecutors, is in solid Democratic states like NJ and WA.

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 10:31 AM

Sorry, but H4C - your argument is, IMHO, without merit.

I can't dispute what you say, Dave,
but I wasn't making an argument in the first place.

Clearly, not many minorities pursue legal careers,
and the majority of those that do work in the private sector.
There are probably more underlying factors at work here,
but I'm not going to get into that. I just find the breakdown startling.

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 10:41 AM
... I just find the breakdown startling.

Which is what pot-stirring shit heads like the author of that piece do best. Startle you with headline material that just doesn't pan out under even minimal scrutiny, something that rarely ever happens in the world of partisan everything.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 10:41 AM
but I wasn't making an argument in the first place.You called it a sick joke. You certainly were making an argument. Your argument was that something needed to be done immediately to correct this injustice of epic proportions.

Your responses on the first page of this thread clearly show someone making an argument.

Don't back down now.

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Which is what pot-stirring shit heads like the author of that piece do best. Startle you with headline material that just doesn't pan out under even minimal scrutiny, something that rarely ever happens in the world of partisan everything.

I realize that plenty of people are satisfied with how
the criminal justice system works in this country.
I would imagine the racial/gender breakdown is
close to par with somewhere like South Africa.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 10:47 AM
close to par with somewhere like South Africa.Yup, you're not making an argument of any kind... :bang: :lol:

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 10:51 AM
You called it a sick joke. You certainly were making an argument. Your argument was that something needed to be done immediately to correct this injustice of epic proportions.

Your responses on the first page of this thread clearly show someone making an argument.

Don't back down now.

Where did I state anything like that?
You can't pull qualified legal officials out of a hat overnight, can you?
If this ever gets changed, it will be a gradual process.
Even a fool like me realizes that..... :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 10:56 AM

You aren't even making sense.

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 10:58 AM
If this ever gets changed, it will be a gradual process.
Even a fool like me realizes that..... :rolleyes:

That's better. As much as we'd all like things to work so perfectly that equal this and that means equal outcomes, there are far too many variables at play between points A and B. Racism is undoubtedly one of those, but to even pretend that it constitutes the entirety or even the bulk of those outcomes is just lazy whining.

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 10:58 AM
You aren't even making sense.

No?
You don't think this is something that should be changed over time?

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 11:00 AM
No?
You don't think this is something that should be changed over time?I think it could be changed over time...but only if minorities stop electing democrats.

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 11:01 AM
No?

Is there a rosetta stone that translates the second quote to the first so I can follow along?

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 11:02 AM
That's better. As much as we'd all like things to work so perfectly that equal this and that means equal outcomes, there are far too many variables at play between points A and B. Racism is undoubtedly one of those, but to even pretend that it constitutes the entirety or even the bulk of those outcomes is just lazy whining.

You may be right.
However, even the appearance of a more level playing field
would be seen by many as an improvement.
Whether it would actually make a difference is debatable.

Dave Schwartz
07-09-2015, 11:04 AM
but I wasn't making an argument in the first place.

and the majority of those that do work in the private sector.
There are probably more underlying factors at work here,
but I'm not going to get into that. I just find the breakdown startling.

I don't know why you would.

Clocker
07-09-2015, 11:06 AM
No?

Why? Because you are worried about what the rest of the world thinks about us? You present no evidence of racial behavior, only evidence of an image of disparate impact. You ignore the process and focus on the outcome.

And what are your suggestions to change this over time? You keep ignoring the fact that this situation is the result of elections, not the justice system, and that blue states are the worst "offenders". How would you change the voters in NJ and WA to achieve your desired outcome?

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't know why you would.

80% white male in a field that important?
C'mon, Dave.

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 11:08 AM
You may be right.

Taking down a flag might be seen as an improvement. Do you really think that it will make a tangible difference in the socioeconomic status of blacks? Will it help improve their lives any? Will it make anyone less racist?

Symbolism is just that. It makes us feel good. That's it. Time would be vastly better spent working on the variables that can be altered through real policy than wasting time of symbolic political gestures that placate people for 24 hours or so.

Tom
07-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Many more pursue careers in the Correctional wing. :rolleyes:

But, yes, it will take along time.
How long d you suppose it will take before we ever get a Black President, or a Black Supreme Court Justice? Could take 100 years or more?

But, if we ever get more than 14%, I am crying foul!!!!

Tom
07-09-2015, 11:12 AM
C'mon, Dave.

Maybe 80% of those who are willing to do the work it takes to get there are white.

You would use Affirmative Action to lower the bar?

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Taking down a flag might be seen as an improvement. Do you really think that it will make a tangible difference in the socioeconomic status of blacks? Will it help improve their lives any? Will it make anyone less racist?

Symbolism is just that. It makes us feel good. That's it. Time would be vastly better spent working on the variables that can be altered through real policy than wasting time of symbolic political gestures that placate people for 24 hours or so.

What about future generations?
Small symbolic gestures can have an effect over time.
No. It won't make much of a difference right now.

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Sure, nothing wrong with symbolic gestures. But if you allege to care about the real problem within and your whole game is symbolic gestures, you are the problem.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 11:25 AM
C'mon, Dave.As Reagan once said, there you go again...not making an argument... :lol:

horses4courses
07-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Sure, nothing wrong with symbolic gestures. But if you allege to care about the real problem within and your whole game is symbolic gestures, you are the problem.

That's pretty petty of you.
Making change that matters is a slow process.

Tom
07-09-2015, 11:35 AM

Then why waste your time on them?

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 11:37 AM
That's pretty petty of you.
Making change that matters is a slow process.

It's petty of me to think that people that profit in status or dollars or both by placating people with the symbolism while ignoring the problem that the symbolism is being sold to morons as a solution to?

You think rooting around looking for people to even out the racial disparities in demographics is a solution? And that I'm petty for lamenting that the time, energy, and money spent on that "solution" is entirely counterproductive to maybe working for real solutions?

You've got nothing. But calling people racist and thinking charts that look right to your eye are an outcome that benefits those who in some bizarre way you seem to be advocating for.

Robert Goren
07-09-2015, 11:39 AM
If you are White, you probably don't think there is a problem. If you are not White, you probably think there is problem. When you have two groups disagreeing over whether there is a problem, then there is a problem.

TJDave
07-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Are there communities with significant black populations that have rejected black candidates?

johnhannibalsmith
07-09-2015, 11:42 AM
... When you have two groups disagreeing over whether there is a problem, then there is a problem.

So everything is a problem. Thanks Confucius.

LottaKash
07-09-2015, 11:44 AM
You may be right.

What level playing field would you like ?

We have a Black President, and we've had a Black Attorney General, who is the #1 Prosecutor in the land, and we have/had a Black Sec'y of State, and various Cabinet Members, and Supreme Court Justices and Czars of all sorts, and Generals and Admirals....

And still you say America is not fair...

I suspect that you will never be satisfied...It is the nature of the Communal People, I guess..

Robert Goren
07-09-2015, 11:51 AM
What level playing field would you like ?

We have a Black President, and we've had a Black Attorney General, who is the #1 Prosecutor in the land, and we have/had a Black Sec'y of State, and various Cabinet Members, and Supreme Court Justices and Czars of all sorts, and Generals and Admirals....

And still you say America is not fair...

I suspect that you will never be satisfied...It is the nature of the Communal People, I guess..
When the White white-collar crooks get the same kind of ride that Grey got in the back of a paddy wagon. Blacks crooks get to ride in a paddy wagon. White crooks have their lawyers arrange a time and place to surrender. That has not changed yet.

TJDave
07-09-2015, 11:52 AM
we've had a Black Attorney General, who is the #1 Prosecutor in the land,

Have. Current AG is a black woman, Loretta Lynch.

Tom
07-09-2015, 11:58 AM
So everything is a problem. Thanks Confucius.

No one wants to solve anything - just whine about it.
OK by me, just make sure to bring some cheese.

Tom
07-09-2015, 11:59 AM
When the White white-collar crooks get the same kind of ride that Grey got in the back of a paddy wagon. Blacks crooks get to ride in a paddy wagon. White crooks have their lawyers arrange a time and place to surrender. That has not changed yet.

That is BS, even from you.
Don't you even watch your own TV show?

Tom
07-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Have. Current AG is a black woman, Loretta Lynch.

Does she sell guns to drug cartels, too?

Robert Fischer
07-09-2015, 12:10 PM
maybe this should not be a partisan topic? looks like everyone lined up again for this topic.

would seem there are either racial bias or not

or maybe it isn't a racial bias, but an immunity for police if they happen to murder someone of a low economic class

i don't know. I will let you guys continue to debate until you come to a solution, and then i will check back

OntheRail
07-09-2015, 01:47 PM
When the White white-collar crooks get the same kind of ride that Grey got in the back of a paddy wagon. Blacks crooks get to ride in a paddy wagon. White crooks ( Like the Clinton's ) have their lawyers arrange a time and place to surrender. That has not changed yet.

I do believe the Paddy Wagon had two "crooks" as you call 'em. And yet the RIDE only effected one (Grey) both were in the back one on each side of the divider... and I doubt they have a air ride side and a rigid ride side. SO could it be the self inducted action of one lead to his end. While the other set on his hands... so to say.

tucker6
07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I do believe the Paddy Wagon had two "crooks" as you call 'em. And yet the RIDE only effected one (Grey) both were in the back one on each side of the divider... and I doubt they have a air ride side and a rigid ride side. SO could it be the self inducted action of one lead to his end. While the other set on his hands... so to say.
Oh, and he forgot to mention that the driver was black, thus negating the whole narrative.

LottaKash
07-09-2015, 02:38 PM

That is part of every "countries" problem, not just here.....

What, you don't think that this same chit doesn't go on anywhere else in the world, and it's not race or prejudice based ?...Just look at Bosnia and Herzogovina for instance...White on white hate....sunni and Shiite's....Not to mention Isis....Heck there are people in Ireland who don't forget why they split up...Or the Roman Church and their bloody Inquisition....Need I go on...

I get you point RG, but H4C was talking about a level playing field about Black's not getting their say or due...I demonstrated how that is not entirely true, is all

Do you really think that this human condition is going to change all that much ?...It will take God to do that, just not yet tho... ;)

Inner Dirt
07-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I find it humorous that not one Obama lover ever comments when I mention that it is strange that we have had back to back black attorney generals. When I question the liberals I know about their silence I get "I don't want to argue about it", what they mean to say is "I can't explain that away."

RunForTheRoses
07-12-2015, 11:33 AM
h4c, Goren and a couple other PA OT Left Wingers enjoying their summer vacation.

Tom
07-12-2015, 01:25 PM
I find it humorous that not one Obama lover ever comments when I mention that it is strange that we have had back to back black attorney generals.

And a Black SOS under Bush, and Colin Powell, and a Black SC Justice......but all that weakens their already weak dialog.

For a lib, truth is like a Chinese menu - pick one from column A, one from column B, and put together your own truth, ignoring the rest. :lol:

JustRalph
07-12-2015, 02:55 PM
You continue to ignore the salient points I made earlier in this thread and the excellent statistical point Dave S. just made.

But that's ok...I expected this.

Democrats are excellent at creating racism and bias where none really exists.

It's called fundraising 101.

He started a thread with bogus stats and got it shoved back in his face :lol:

Very Democratic of him.......... :ThmbUp:

You know what they call Black Lawyers in the hood ? Uncle Tom........

horses4courses
07-12-2015, 04:00 PM
He started a thread with bogus stats and got it shoved back in his face :lol:

Very Democratic of him.......... :ThmbUp:

You know what they call Black Lawyers in the hood ? Uncle Tom........

Explain how the stats are bogus.......

Clocker
07-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Explain how the stats are bogus.......

They have nothing to do with your premise that the criminal justice system is racially biased. The stats are about elections, not the courts.

If your stats show anything, they show a bias of liberal (blue) states to elect white male prosecutors. That's a problem with voters, not with the court system. You provide no evidence that the results of the criminal justice system are racist.

Inner Dirt
07-12-2015, 06:38 PM
And a Black SOS under Bush, and Colin Powell, and a Black SC Justice......but all that weakens their already weak dialog.

For a lib, truth is like a Chinese menu - pick one from column A, one from column B, and put together your own truth, ignoring the rest. :lol:

I can recall many a time hearing there weren't enough black head coaches in the NFL yet every time that was viewed as racism I did a count and there were four or more black NFL head coaches and since blacks represent 13% or so of the general population having 4 black head coaches fits with the law of averages.

Another one of my pet peeves "African American" being considered PC while saying "black" isn't. What happens if the black guy is from Jamaica? Never afraid to talk about taboo subjects I have asked all the my recent black friends and acquaintances I have had if they are offended by me referring to them as black, they all said NO. Only white liberals that don't interact with blacks on a personal level think "African American" is the only proper term to use. Also if the South is so prejudice against blacks why is the rural county in Virginia I live in 35% black? You would think they would get as far away from us gun owning white Republicans as they could.

JustRalph
07-12-2015, 07:48 PM
They have nothing to do with your premise that the criminal justice system is racially biased. The stats are about elections, not the courts.

If your stats show anything, they show a bias of liberal (blue) states to elect white male prosecutors. That's a problem with voters, not with the court system. You provide no evidence that the results of the criminal justice system are racist.

Ding! Thanks Clocker.....

LottaKash
07-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Another one of my pet peeves "African American" being considered PC while saying "black" isn't. What happens if the black guy is from Jamaica? .

If a "white" guy with deep roots in Africa, came to the USA and changed his citizenship, and wanted to call himself an "African American", would that be politically incorrect ?...

I wonder where in the heck that came from, anyway ?...

White is white and black is black, so why is calling a person's race as is, so unacceptable these days, I wonder ?..

Robert Fischer
07-12-2015, 08:35 PM
I can recall many a time hearing there weren't enough black head coaches in the NFL yet every time that was viewed as racism I did a count and there were four or more black NFL head coaches and since blacks represent 13% or so of the general population having 4 black head coaches fits with the law of averages.

Another one of my pet peeves "African American" being considered PC while saying "black" isn't. What happens if the black guy is from Jamaica? Never afraid to talk about taboo subjects I have asked all the my recent black friends and acquaintances I have had if they are offended by me referring to them as black, they all said NO.

A lot of this politically correct stuff is crazy. It's about control and it's driven by fear. It's like being in a bad relationships where you are afraid to ever disagree. You are supposed to be afraid that society will reject/disown/shame etc... YOU! - if you don't go with the flow...

You can't call a black guy black at the wrong time. You can't question it.

You can't question anything related to cancer or the troops.

You can't question anything about a girl-power or women's achievement movement once they become heralded by the media, regardless of whether it's a genuine, neutral issue unrelated to anything gender.

Can't question anything LGBT. "T" is still somewhat fair game to question if done in silly manner (you may question Caitlyn Jenner's choice of dress, but you can't say "I am really grossed out by this Bruce Jenner stuff.") And you may not say that you don't like homosexual stuff or that you feel uncomfortable around homosexual themed stuff. Homophobia is a real thing, but we probably need an extra word at this point that means "Fear of saying publicly that we do not like homosexuality".

Can't question the media's use of the words "Hero" or "Coward", whether or not they actually fit the context of the actions of those attributed.

And many many more

Clocker
07-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Ding! Thanks Clocker.....

No problem. Just a rehash of what I have posted about 4 times already in this thread without a hint of response from the usual suspects. :rolleyes:

horses4courses
07-12-2015, 09:20 PM
No problem. Just a rehash of what I have posted about 4 times already in this thread without a hint of response from the usual suspects. :rolleyes:

You're barking up the wrong tree, that's why.
See post #38.

Who says I was making an argument for anything on this thread?
Funny how people misconstrue the term "bias".

The stats weren't pointing out anything other than the racial/gender breakdown.
That's where I see the bias - you want stats to magically
appear that show the effect on defendants of color.

That's not being discussed here - try to follow along. :rolleyes:

Clocker
07-12-2015, 09:38 PM
The stats weren't pointing out anything other than the racial/gender breakdown.
That's where I see the bias - you want stats to magically
appear that show the effect on defendants of color.

Bias -- a tendency to believe that some people, ideas, etc., are better than others that usually results in treating some people unfairly

You titled the tread "Racial bias..." You have shown no evidence that the criminal justice system "results in treating some people unfairly". The only alternative is that voters, especially in blue states according to your evidence, treat candidates unfairly. If you deny both of those, then it would seem that there is no racial bias.

horses4courses
07-12-2015, 09:45 PM
You titled the tread "Racial bias..." You have shown no evidence that the criminal justice system "results in treating some people unfairly". The only alternative is that voters, especially in blue states according to your evidence, treat candidates unfairly. If you deny both of those, then it would seem that there is no racial bias.

Yeah, fine, whatever you say.
Just go away.......... :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
07-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Just go away.......... :bang:

You asked.

Tom
07-12-2015, 10:21 PM

Leave it to a lib to blame his own party's failures on the right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clocker
07-12-2015, 11:14 PM

I say you allege racial bias in the criminal justice system, and when asked for evidence to back up your statement, you got nothing.

woodtoo
07-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Well you did get "just go away" :jump:

horses4courses
07-13-2015, 03:05 PM
This would be a comparable situation.
Over time, you find that the SCOTUS has 7 black females sitting on it.
They have yet to make a single ruling, but white male conservatives
would be claiming a bias.

Why is it so hard for you to understand?
I never claimed any instances of racial bias on the decisions.
Just on the demographic.

That is all those statistics were concerned with.

Tom
07-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Too many Blacks on the View.
Way over 14%.

Time to cut Whoopie's hours.