PDA

View Full Version : B.R.I.S. June Special!

Maxspa
06-01-2004, 10:42 PM
All,
B.R. I.S. has 5 free ALL-WAYS Data files for their June Special. They also will include 20 free Archived ALL-WAYS data files.
You could select 20 Belmont Archived files and get Thursday, Friday and Saturday's Belmont Stakes files plus another two free ones or it could be another track of your choice.
You can download the B.R.I.S. version software for free. So one could prepare for the Belmont Stakes and it would cost you nothing but your time.
I am not an agent for B.R.I.S. but feel it's an opportunity that handicappers should be aware of.
Maxspa

sq764
06-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Maybe it's just me, but All-Ways is just a very overblown piece of software.. One which requires very expensive data files..

What I do find funny though is that of all the horseplayers I know personally or online, 1 of them uses All-ways.. Yet, every single time Brisnet has a contest they run, every single person in the top 5 uses All-Ways.. (Or at least they say they do :-)

Maxspa
06-03-2004, 12:47 PM
SQ,
I concur with a lot of handicappers, it's the price of the downloads that prevents a lot of people from using this software.
However, when freebees come our way, I'll take the five files and have confidence that the software output will give me a fair chance get the money. If one plays three tracks the bill for the day is $21.00 and you haven't even made a bet. Multiply $21.00 by 20 and your bill for one track is over $400.00.
Download costs are the problem, particularly when you have an inevitable losing streak and you add bankroll losses to the download costs. That being said, IMHO this software is one of the best out there.
Maxspa

sq764
06-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Well, my feeling is that if it was one of the best out there, it should pay for itself (or the data anyway)..

If the files are $7 a pop, anything over a 3.5% profit for the day covers the data file.

JimG
06-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Actually, the files can be as cheap as $5.60 a pop if you bet through Brisbet with the 20% discount. That said you need to download every day to maintain your profiles. And, whether it is "worth" it or not depends on how much you play. Hard to justify for a partimer, unless you only play 1 circuit or track.

Jim

Maxspa
06-03-2004, 08:41 PM
SQ,
Handicapping is a very difficult pursuit. Yes, If the software is that good, then it shouldn't be a problem paying for the downloads and making a profit. I don't know if there is any software on the market that will consistently make a profit. This software IMHO is one of the best and I say that because the program has a smooth operating system, can perform many handicapping tasks and create many user defined reports. There are also other software offerings that are in the the same class as ALL-WAYS. HTR, HST, Equisim and The Master Handicapper are IMHO among the best as well.
Just as there is a need for a better mousetrap,I think there is plenty of room for better Handicapping programs!
Maxspa

sq764
06-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Well, I think it's all in each person's style, as to whether a program is good or not..

You say you like it for the smoothness and ability to create many reports.

IMO, if the reports generate garbage, they are simply reports of garbage..

Just my opinion, of course.

John
06-06-2004, 09:43 AM
SQ764

I agree with you....".Garbage in Garbage out" that is what our Computer \ programer instructor tried to pound in to our heads.

Maxspa
06-06-2004, 11:25 AM
SQ and Rocajack,
My original intention for posting this free trial was to alert people to another opportunity to handicap the races. Somehow this post has turned into an All-Ways evaluation which was not my purpose.
As far as a particular software needing to fit one needs or personality, I concur with that and with the many options that All-Ways has, it probably will be a good fit for many handicappers. As far as garbage in garbage out, I disagree. First of all B.R.I.S. files may not be the choice of some cappers but they are are a quality product and rank up with HDW and other providers. Secondly, the handicap reports can be personally selected from a large number of factors. They certainly aren't garbage in - garbage out quality.
In my opinion, there are many software products that fit some of the above opinions, and will not help your bottom line or your personality. All-Ways is not one of these. I believe that if the files were reasonable there would be many more users.
Maxspa

sq764
06-06-2004, 11:34 AM
Max, you need to get out more :-)

Figman
06-06-2004, 11:45 AM
SQ
I personally know Max....he's done it all! He has known the world of racing software since its inception. He excelled at his chosen profession and on the side was a pretty fair horse trainer too. He has earned his retirement and doesn't need to get a life...he has had a good one and continues to do so.

sq764
06-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Who said he needed to get a life?

I was referring to expanding his software horizons..

John
06-06-2004, 01:06 PM
SQ764,

Lets give MAX his due. When it comes to Handicapping Software. "Defferent strokes for defferent folks."

Tom
06-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by rocajack
SQ764,

Lets give MAX his due. When it comes to Handicapping Software. "Defferent strokes for defferent folks."

Watchew talkingbout, Willis? :D