PDA

View Full Version : Barbados

sammy the sage
07-04-2015, 09:39 PM
a very promising colt earlier this year...makes a reappearance at GS...anybody know the back story/reason why???

cj
07-04-2015, 10:36 PM
a very promising colt earlier this year...makes a reappearance at GS...anybody know the back story/reason why???

I more interested in the back story of Garden State Park (GS) reopening.

EMD4ME
07-04-2015, 10:40 PM

:D :D :D Me too! Loved that track and the announcer LOL

sammy the sage
07-05-2015, 07:54 PM

that reply is REALLY GOOD marketing.... :rolleyes: :faint: ....found out thru a DECENT person that he had knee chip removed...obviously not quite there yet...but thanks for posting....and you're a mod. here...this will probably get removed...oh well...

Track Collector
07-05-2015, 08:26 PM
:D :D :D Me too! Loved that track and the announcer LOL

Was he the one who would say at post time "They're in.................they're out"?

Brings back memories of the early days with YouBet, and watching grainy video on an approximate 1-inch square. :) Imagine that, you could bet from home AND watch the race live, :jump:, followed by knowing that your selections usually did not win. :D:rolleyes:

EMD4ME
07-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Was he the one who would say at post time "They're in.................they're out"?

Brings back memories of the early days with YouBet, and watching grainy video on an approximate 1-inch square. :) Imagine that, you could bet from home AND watch the race live, :jump:, followed by knowing that your selections usually did not win. :D:rolleyes:

Youtube Garden State Replays or something to that effect and you can catch an entire aray of racecalls. I loved him. Full of personality and knew when to raise his voice/lower his voice.

"Flattens out like a popped hot air balloon" or something like that would come out of his mouth all night. Loved it!

Tall One
07-06-2015, 09:00 AM

I could watch the You Bet simulcast on Fox Sports Pittsburgh. 4 tracks, 4 little screens..good times. :ThmbUp:

Thomas Roulston
07-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Barbados is really old-school with its purse distribution though:

1st = 55%
2nd = 23%
3rd = 14%
4th = 8%

Not exactly conducive to large fields.

plainolebill
07-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Barbados is really old-school with its purse distribution though:

1st = 55%