PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Black Magic

dirty moose
07-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I have cleared this with PA himself.

What I have here is the Black Magic software by Michael Pizzolla. Most of you guys know what it is and what is does and all that jazz. Truth is the software is awesome, sad truth is; I suck.

Package comes with the monthly DVDs that Michael personally does. There are 29 of those DVD's in total. There is also a seminar worth of DVDs and the introduction DVDs.

Everything that came with it, I still have, all original. I paid $1500 for in little more than a year ago. I'm not sure what it is worth on the open market, I'd say half of its original cost? Whatever it is, it's negotiable.

PM me with any questions.

Matt

stikapos
11-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I have cleared this with PA himself.

What I have here is the Black Magic software by Michael Pizzolla. Most of you guys know what it is and what is does and all that jazz. Truth is the software is awesome, sad truth is; I suck.

Package comes with the monthly DVDs that Michael personally does. There are 29 of those DVD's in total. There is also a seminar worth of DVDs and the introduction DVDs.

Everything that came with it, I still have, all original. I paid $1500 for in little more than a year ago. I'm not sure what it is worth on the open market, I'd say half of its original cost? Whatever it is, it's negotiable.

PM me with any questions.

Matt,
Matt

is this still open, i.e. do you still have ? I'd be happy to discuss with you. Please PM me.
thanks,
tim

JustCoolGene
11-11-2015, 04:32 PM
I Have The Complete Black Magic Software For Sale Containing:

1. Original installation disk and security dongal
2. Black Magic Intensive Series (9 DVD's)
3. Black Magic Wizards' Forum Inner Secrets, Series 1 (12 DVD's)
4. Black Magic Wizards' Forum Inner Secrets, Series 2 (12 DVD's)
5. Black Magic Wizards' Forum Inner Secrets, Series 3 (12 DVD's)

The Installation Disk, Intensive DVD's, and Dongal are in the Original Black Magic DVD Leather Case.

The three Black Magic Wizards' Forum Inner Secrets Series (36 DVD's) are in a very nice quality case.

PM me if interested,
Gene

thistledown
11-15-2015, 11:33 PM
hey, i am willing to pay 500.00 for the software if you are willing to sell it for 500.00? if interested let me know and i will send you my email address and we can work out a deal with payment.

thaskalos
11-16-2015, 01:22 AM
I don't know anything about the software package...but the advertising copy sure sounds familiar.

http://posttimedaily.com/black-magic-the-ultimate-handicapper-software/

Partsnut
11-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Today 02:22 AM
thaskalos I don't know anything about the software package...but the advertising copy sure sounds familiar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't looked at Pizzolla site yet nor would I care too but from what I understand they are coming out with a new offering that will superceed Black Magic.
Why would I not expect this. Of course, this years version of a better mousetrap.
Merry Christmas. :bang:

JustCoolGene
11-16-2015, 10:59 AM
To all members of Pace Advantage who were interested in my copy of Black Magic Software. I am sorry but the software package has already been sold and delivered.

Gene

raybo
11-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Today 02:22 AM
thaskalos I don't know anything about the software package...but the advertising copy sure sounds familiar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't looked at Pizzolla site yet nor would I care too but from what I understand they are coming out with a new offering that will superceed Black Magic.
Why would I not expect this. Of course, this years version of a better mousetrap.
Merry Christmas. :bang:

Yeah, in the last of his "Rants" that I watched he told people to not buy Black Magic, but to wait until "Value Capper" is released. Too bad the software isn't free, like several others, and all you pay for are the data files.

JJMartin
11-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Why does everyone end up selling it I wonder?

Appy
11-17-2015, 02:17 PM

Perhaps some just aren't cut out for contrarian point of view.
Or maybe because some are aware of his new software coming out and want to shuck BM in preference for the latest and greatest.
One thing is sure, not "everyone" is selling it. One of the most successful cappers/players I know was one of the first to jump on the BM wagon and there is no way you could shove him off.

raybo
11-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Perhaps some just aren't cut out for contrarian point of view.
Or maybe because some are aware of his new software coming out and want to shuck BM in preference for the latest and greatest.
One thing is sure, not "everyone" is selling it. One of the most successful cappers/players I know was one of the first to jump on the BM wagon and there is no way you could shove him off.

From watching his "rants", it appears that the learning curve is pretty steep. And, there is a lot of subjective decision making that is required. Michael often requires a premium over and above the program's oddsline, and he passes a lot of races. Most players would be unwilling, or unable to do all those things, or play that way.

Appy
11-17-2015, 09:19 PM
"From watching his "rants", it appears that the learning curve is pretty steep. And, there is a lot of subjective decision making that is required. Michael often requires a premium over and above the program's oddsline, and he passes a lot of races. Most players would be unwilling, or unable to do all those things, or play that way."

I should probably point out I am not a BM user, but I do find value in and use a number of Pizzolla's ideas in my own practice.
For one, I firmly believe passing a lot of races is key to being a profitable player, and is part of another thing I believe in, which is specialization.
I do NOT believe in blind faith, and that would include using any program as a selection "black box". Therefore I know of no handicapping system or ideology that would not require at least a certain amount of subjective decision making.
As for the emboldened portion, all I can say is "exactly", then add that I think it is fair to say most players are not overall winners and/or belong to the group subscribing to the notion that .01 or .02 ROI is the best you can hope for over the long run. Could it be that enduring a long learning curve is just the cure for what ails them?

NorCalGreg
11-17-2015, 09:41 PM

Remember that poll someone had up here, awhile back, asking which software was popular with board members?

I recall Black Magic was one of the leading vote-getters, if not the top. There's more than a few using it here.

But $1500 brand spankin'....that's a BR, right there, including tools.

thaskalos
11-18-2015, 12:46 AM
"From watching his "rants", it appears that the learning curve is pretty steep. And, there is a lot of subjective decision making that is required. Michael often requires a premium over and above the program's oddsline, and he passes a lot of races. Most players would be unwilling, or unable to do all those things, or play that way."

I should probably point out I am not a BM user, but I do find value in and use a number of Pizzolla's ideas in my own practice.
For one, I firmly believe passing a lot of races is key to being a profitable player, and is part of another thing I believe in, which is specialization.
I do NOT believe in blind faith, and that would include using any program as a selection "black box". Therefore I know of no handicapping system or ideology that would not require at least a certain amount of subjective decision making.
As for the emboldened portion, all I can say is "exactly", then add that I think it is fair to say most players are not overall winners and/or belong to the group subscribing to the notion that .01 or .02 ROI is the best you can hope for over the long run. Could it be that enduring a long learning curve is just the cure for what ails them?

I am curious to know your opinion on what long-term ROI the "advanced, disciplined player" could hope for, Appy.

NorCalGreg
11-18-2015, 01:20 AM
"As for the emboldened portion, all I can say is "exactly", then add that I think it is fair to say most players are not overall winners and/or belong to the group subscribing to the notion that .01 or .02 ROI is the best you can hope for over the long run. Could it be that enduring a long learning curve is just the cure for what ails them?

Well yes, Appy....for a losing/breaking even player (and who breaks even when you factor in all the associated costs?) the best thing for him, might be a long break--stop betting, take the time to learn a new methodology. Start fresh and see the world of horse betting in a new light, with a new passion. Who hasn't felt themselves getting stale, running out of ideas, returning to the same old grind. I have, I know Raybo has mentioned this, as have several others.

Let me stop now, before I talk myself into sending my own check to Mike Pizzola.

raybo
11-18-2015, 12:24 PM
"As for the emboldened portion, all I can say is "exactly", then add that I think it is fair to say most players are not overall winners and/or belong to the group subscribing to the notion that .01 or .02 ROI is the best you can hope for over the long run. Could it be that enduring a long learning curve is just the cure for what ails them?

Well yes, Appy....for a losing/breaking even player (and who breaks even when you factor in all the associated costs?) the best thing for him, might be a long break--stop betting, take the time to learn a new methodology. Start fresh and see the world of horse betting in a new light, with a new passion. Who hasn't felt themselves getting stale, running out of ideas, returning to the same old grind. I have, I know Raybo has mentioned this, as have several others.

Let me stop now, before I talk myself into sending my own check to Mike Pizzola.

Good post! I thoroughly believe in taking breaks from time to time, but then I'm not compulsive so it's easy for me to do that. Others would rather cut off an arm, than quit playing, even for a short time period.

Taking a lengthy break, after getting frustrated, would be a great time to work with a new program/methodology, especially programs that are high end and complicated to learn. Most of the best commercial programs out there require lots of work to find what actually works, for the individual user. Some of them almost require that you be a programmer/program analyst to get the most out of them. 1-2% ROI? If that was really the benchmark, I personally, wouldn't waste my time.

Note: Mike says don't buy Black Magic, wait for "Value Capper", and from what I've seen of that program, in his rants, I certainly would wait for it. Mike's no dummy, he's been betting with both fists for years!

cbp
11-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Free is the way to go. Scrape your data, write your own program. Spend your money betting. Ahhhh, the good life :jump:

raybo
11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Free is the way to go. Scrape your data, write your own program. Spend your money betting. Ahhhh, the good life :jump:

I agree, if you have that capability. The cost of data these days, from at least one source that I'm aware of, is not something that one should shy away from, especially if you are databasing race selections and results. If you have a method of scraping free data, that includes every track in North America, every day, then by all means do that. But, I've not seen anything comparable to that. The ability to store data for all tracks, opens up huge possiblilities regarding determermining and focusing on specific profitable tracks, which I feel is extremely important.

Writing your own program, again, if you have that capability, is the only way to go, IMO.

punteray
11-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Raybo, Quickhorse has "free" data that you might be able to adapt to your program

raybo
11-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Raybo, Quickhorse has "free" data that you might be able to adapt to your program

Already tried it, won't work, missing too much data.

cbp
11-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Do they offer free results charts? Basic things: position, lengths, split times, etc.

Appy
11-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Thask: "I am curious to know your opinion on what long-term ROI the "advanced, disciplined player" could hope for, Appy."

Skill level of the individual determines ROI potential, Thask. I do not believe you can achieve a gaudy ROI by playing as a grinder. Acquiring the self discipline to pass races instead of playing them for entertainment or action isn't as easy as it sounds. In addition you must master the art of recognizing the REAL opportunity, then have the fortitude to act on it in a way that produces those meaningful gains.
I'm not where I want to be yet, but I am continually improving. As I improve so does my ROI. However, I am fortunate to be acquainted with a few folks who eclipse 300% on a regular basis. I know 2 men who make gains MUCH higher than that. None of them play steadily, but they all spend a good deal of time monitoring what is happening.
When you you think about it, it shouldn't be all that difficult, even on simple win bets. 3-1 pays 8 for 2, although I doubt anyone is good enough to manage such an ROI winning (and losing) at 3-1, which is exactly why Pizzolla demands such hefty prices when he plays.

For really strong ROI exotics are the most fertile playground.

What do YOU consider an achievable ROI Thask?

thaskalos
11-19-2015, 01:54 AM
Thask: "I am curious to know your opinion on what long-term ROI the "advanced, disciplined player" could hope for, Appy."

Skill level of the individual determines ROI potential, Thask. I do not believe you can achieve a gaudy ROI by playing as a grinder. Acquiring the self discipline to pass races instead of playing them for entertainment or action isn't as easy as it sounds. In addition you must master the art of recognizing the REAL opportunity, then have the fortitude to act on it in a way that produces those meaningful gains.
I'm not where I want to be yet, but I am continually improving. As I improve so does my ROI. However, I am fortunate to be acquainted with a few folks who eclipse 300% on a regular basis. I know 2 men who make gains MUCH higher than that. None of them play steadily, but they all spend a good deal of time monitoring what is happening.
When you you think about it, it shouldn't be all that difficult, even on simple win bets. 3-1 pays 8 for 2, although I doubt anyone is good enough to manage such an ROI winning (and losing) at 3-1, which is exactly why Pizzolla demands such hefty prices when he plays.

For really strong ROI exotics are the most fertile playground.

What do YOU consider an achievable ROI Thask?

Here is what I think...and please bear in mind that I don't want to offend anyone here:

This is a very difficult game to beat...and I can't help but feel that the majority of the players who consider themselves "winners" just haven't played as long or as frequently at it takes to let the "long run" come into effect. Even if you are not a "grinder", and you choose to play in the "fertile playground" that the exotics provide...in the long run, your ROI will stabilize at a level much lower than you would expect.

Here is what you'll never read in the handicapping books, or hear in the video clips of all the "experts" out there:

Even the best horseplayers experience long bouts of inconsistency...where the winning days are few and far between. There is a reason why Michael Pizzolla and the other "pro-level" players are out there selling goods and services to the general public...even though this endeavor has a detrimental effect on their own play. They do it in order to stabilize their income...an income which would be terribly unstable if it consisted solely of racetrack winnings.

You say that you have friends who "eclipse 300% on a regular basis"...and that 2 of your acquaintances even do much better than that. Let me answer you this way:

I consider myself an excellent handicapper, a fearless bettor...and a tireless worker. Also, my exotics play beats my win play by a 75/25 ratio, so...I'm not one of those "grinders"...who are satisfied with the "meager returns" of the win pools. I bet the horses 5 days a week...and I average about 75 serious bets a week, across several different racetracks. At this level of play...even a modest-sounding 1.20 ROI would allow me to double my bankroll every 3-4 months...without taking unnecessary chances and overbetting my bankroll. Do you realize how much cash a player could generate by doubling his bankroll an average of 3-4 times a YEAR? Double a $500 bankroll four times in a year...and you got $8,000. Do it again the next year...and now you got $128,000. And now...you'd be ready to make some REAL money. :)

Look...I read all the shameless solicitations that circulate out there...which sound much like the Pizzolla ad that I posted earlier in this thread. Let me see if I can find it...

Ah...HERE it is:

http://posttimedaily.com/black-magic-the-ultimate-handicapper-software/

"Walk into any racetrack in the country and know exactly how to walk out with the cash"..."have UNSHAKABLE CONFIDENCE"...the package is worth "at least $100,000 to any horseplayer with a pulse"..."$140,000 from just 3 documented scores." :)

It sounds very nice...and it's highly motivating...but it's a gross exaggeration. If there indeed WAS such a product out there...then you and I would never hear of it. Don't be fooled by what Pizzolla (or anyone else) says. The only reason these players/merchants are selling their wares to the general public is because their OWN level of "confidence" isn't as "unshakable" as they advertise it to be.

Parson
11-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Do you realize how much cash a player could generate by doubling his bankroll an average of 3-4 times a YEAR? Double a $500 bankroll four times in a year...and you got $8,000. Do it again the next year...and now you got $128,000. And now...you'd be ready to make some REAL money.

One thing to consider is how often you pocket from you winnings.
Unfortunately, there are other expenses not only for this game but other things as well :bang:

cbp
11-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Isn't there anyone doing it differently? I understand acknowledging limitations in terms of ROI but this is for, essentially, the same approach. Variables x,y,z, etc.can only get me so far but what if I focus on different factors? I won't necessarily land on the same horses. I can't believe that there aren't players out there crushing the game.

mistergee
11-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Yeah, in the last of his "Rants" that I watched he told people to not buy Black Magic, but to wait until "Value Capper" is released. Too bad the software isn't free, like several others, and all you pay for are the data files.
my understanding is what you are paying for are the DVD's and manual and an upgrade but that you still need the original Black Magic program??

Secondbest
11-19-2015, 02:02 PM
my understanding is what you are paying for are the DVD's and manual and an upgrade but that you still need the original Black Magic program??
Its a new program.

raybo
11-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Do they offer free results charts? Basic things: position, lengths, split times, etc.

I know the program has that ability but not sure if it requires the pay data to get those results. I only tested card data, that is exported by the software, and did not look at any results data at all. The "free" data does not include all of the data my "AllData" programs need, nor were all the data items in the correct place in the csv file (supposed to be the same format as the Brisnet single file) that I received.

The owner of "QuickHorse" is a member here, and can answer your question, but don't remember his screen name.

raybo
11-19-2015, 03:41 PM

No, Black Magic, and Value Capper are separate programs. I'm sure current Black Magic owners will receive some "considerations" that new users won't, regarding Value Capper, but BM is not required for getting Value Capper.

omar2
11-22-2015, 07:15 PM
I tried the BM software when it first came out. It was billed as the holy grail of handicapping. I sent my copy back after trying it with a thanks but no thanks and they were really upset about it but they had no choice in the matter-it was within the 30 day money back offer.
The problem for me was one side of the program,the magician side would list all the heavy pressured races, but the velocity side would say the race is neutral. I would wind up with 1 or 2 plays out of 20-25 initial hits, and have to wait 4-5 hrs for the races to come on the docket!! How many times did you figure 4-5 horses vying for the lead,you look for the closer(s),only to see 1 horse romp around the oval (w-w). THEY NEVER RUN THE WAY YOU FIGURE THEM TO, DO THEY? WELL THAT'S THE GAME ISN'T IT?
I still use at times The Master Magician, especially on big racing days,just to get another slant on my thinking.I think it's just as good as BM.I primarily use a velocity program,which was free,I just changed the configuration of the program to look at what i wanted it to look at and not how the programmer set it up. Believe it or not, 80% of the time I get my exotic horses from my top 5-6 horses. I also use another program for TPR and last but not least, I use the Sartin Modeler program on days where there are marathon turf races and soft turf races and just key on the top 2 sustained pace horses. One thing about this program is you really have to know fps because the running lines are in fps, no beaten lengths,and no call positions, you really have to know what your looking at.Hey,Works for me!

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2015, 12:54 AM
Why does everyone end up selling it I wonder?"Everyone" is a bit of an exaggeration...

raybo
11-24-2015, 09:29 AM
"Everyone" is a bit of an exaggeration...

I agree! Not everyone is selling their copy of BM, and some of those are probably selling it in order to lessen the impact of purchasing "Value Capper" which is soon to be released.

Also, BM is only a "tool", like almost every other piece of software out there, some will be successful with it and some won't. Some put in the work and some don't. Some look for value, as Michael constantly stresses, and some just can't help themselves and have to have action.

Dr Gonzo
11-24-2015, 01:20 PM
When I saw that BM had Songbird picked 3rd at 7-1 in the BC Juvenile Fillies, I was very pleased not to have spent $1500 on this program.

NorCalGreg
11-24-2015, 03:33 PM
When I saw that BM had Songbird picked 3rd at 7-1 in the BC Juvenile Fillies, I was very pleased not to have spent $1500 on this program.

Come on, Gonzo.....I've tried a few programs enough to know, you can't just judge any of them by one race.. I tried a few of Trackmaster's software programs---you don't have to download anything, pay as you go for files only---one--WAGERMATE scored on a bomb almost the first race I played.
I thought this program was gonna turn out to be pretty good.

The thrill of that "bomb" wore off quickly--didn't hit ANYTHING...before finally giving up a few weeks later.

I go back to it now and again...including BC day for the heck of it....no really profitable results to report.

EDIT: Think I missed your point there--for any program to have whiffed on SONGBIRD, would give a person pause--got ya :ThmbUp:

Speed Figure
11-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Did you see where the program had Mongolian Saturday in race #4 on top that paid $33.80? with the tri in the top 4 that paid $1053.70? If your going to point out the misses, point out the hits too!

Dr Gonzo
11-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Did you see where the program had Mongolian Saturday in race #4 on top that paid $33.80? with the tri in the top 4 that paid $1053.70? If your going to point out the misses, point out the hits too!

Ok. BM also had Liams Map on top at $3.00. That's it for top picks in the BC. Now maybe you find that acceptable for a $1500 program with pay for, proprietary files. I don't.

The biggest problem I find with these software programs is that they put out preposterous odds lines. I play from a self made odds line and it's the life blood of my game. I'd never pay good money for a program that didn't produce a reasonable odds line. Your mileage may vary.

NorCalGreg
11-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Ok. BM also had Liams Map on top at $3.00. That's it for top picks in the BC. Now maybe you find that acceptable for a $1500 program with pay for, proprietary files. I don't.

The biggest problem I find with these software programs is that they put out preposterous odds lines. I play from a self made odds line and it's the life blood of my game. I'd never pay good money for a program that didn't produce a reasonable odds line. Your mileage may vary.

With BM....do different players come up with different results? That has to explain how you and SF have differing results on top.

Xman2
11-24-2015, 11:23 PM
As with any quality software program, there is considerable user intervention available within the program. For example, you can change the anticipated race shape. The program will state it's opinion as a start and you can agree or not, and make changes as you see fit. Race shapes include Early, neutral or late. You will get a different mix of horses on the odds line depending on race shape as would be expected. That is only one of many changes available. It is a very user friendly program and is certainly geared towards long priced horses. I have used it since the beginning as well as Michael's previous software. Perhaps the finest feature of the program is it's contention line which is a prediction of how the crowd will bet the race. Most helpful for overlay searching and much better than the morning lines in general. It is quite a nice program and the support as well as monthly DVD instruction/discussion is outstanding. I paid for the program in the first two weeks of betting with it and I am a recreational player. It requires patience and discipline to wait for the best bets and there can be longish runouts, but when you are betting long prices, that's the way it goes. If you need a lot of action, it is not for you. I make about 3-5 bets per day excluding Mondays and Tuesdays which I don't care to play much. It is not a black box, but I can assure you that there are some very large prices to be had. I have seen a couple of screen shots from the new program and will be purchasing it without hesitation.

Xman2

dlisenberg
12-21-2015, 08:32 AM
I have the complete black magic handicapping software as well for sale. It includes the program, upgrades, intensive series DVDs. And five years of his inner secrets DVDs. I used my black magic daily with a nice ROI. This set is from my father who is no longer able to handicap.

PM Me if interested.

Nutz and Boltz
12-21-2015, 09:51 AM

I have a program first introduced in 1997 ,before the turn of the century, that at times picks "Huge,"( excuse me Donald Trump), Superfectas at times. Any system or software will do that every once in a while, if you pay $1,500 or $5 for it.

Speed Figure
12-21-2015, 11:55 AM
I have a program first introduced in 1997 ,before the turn of the century, that at times picks "Huge,"( excuse me Donald Trump), Superfectas at times. Any system or software will do that every once in a while, if you pay $1,500 or $5 for it.OK and?

acorn54
12-21-2015, 01:03 PM
well the neat thing about black magic is you can buy it second hand at a discount and drive it around the block once or twice and if not pleased resell it. it is a very liquid asset. that's what i did anyway.

Nutz and Boltz
12-21-2015, 01:22 PM
OK and?

Shows you don't have to spend big bucks for handicapping software to be able to find longshot payoffs. It came into being in 1997. I paid $79 for it in 1999. Of course you could also pick #s from a hat or play birthdays. Any way you want to do your picks you can win sometimes by plain dumb luck. Maybe RPM will come up with a program that they can call "Plain Dumb Luck".

Appy
12-21-2015, 08:38 PM
I have a program I am doing well with, and expect to keep doing better. Not willing to give it up, especially since it allows you to create your own programs. Nevertheless, as one who benefitted from absorbing some Pizzolla methodology I would like to have BM, and especially the dvd stuff, but I'm sure not willing to pay a bunch of money for it.
Like I said, I'm doing pretty well with what I have.

UltimateBetter
12-22-2015, 05:42 PM
U need the program to be successful.

NorCalGreg
12-22-2015, 06:08 PM
U need the program to be successful.

True.....if relying solely on a program, one would "need" such a program to be successful.

Along the same line...if one were to attempt to pass a spelling class...one would "need" spell check.

dirty moose
12-24-2015, 12:18 AM
Long time no speak everyone. My copy has long been sold and I've gone back to playing poker.

I tried 3 different way of handicapping in my 2 year journey. Paper, RDSS and finally Black Magic. I did well with all 3 when I wasn't tilting my self. Which means 80% of the time I was tilted out of my mind. Don't ask me why, I don't have the answer.

I know that when I play poker, I have close to zero tilt. I guess It's cause I've been playing poker for over 10 years now.

Out of the 3 forms of cappin', I did the best with Black Magic. That's all I'll say, I'm not here to sell you on it. And if I didn't blow my bankroll on a weekly basis, I'd still be playing and making money on the side.

All programs can present information to you, but in the end it still up to you to determine what you'll do with that information.

One last thing about Pizzolla. He's very honest. He will tell you right off the bat his software isn't for the faint of heart. He will also tell you the most important thing is to be properly bankrolled. Second most important will be your mental game. I was bad at both.

If you guys have more questions, fire away. I'll answer as many as I can.

Matt

NorCalGreg
12-24-2015, 02:20 AM
True.....if relying solely on a program, one would "need" such a program to be successful.

Along the same line...if one were to attempt to pass a spelling class...one would "need" spell check.

Quite possibly, the funniest post of the year.....and no one "got it", or cared, or even saw it.

AMERICA: YEAR 2015 a sad commentary indeed--a joke unrequited

*no offense ultimate "better"...you deserve better
my heartfelt apologies for a bitter and broken nation

Appy
12-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks for that enlightening post Moose.

acorn54
12-25-2015, 07:01 AM
moose, thanks i couldn't have said it any better.

dlisenberg
12-25-2015, 11:47 AM
I have PM'd some of you about buying BM. I decided the safest way to list it on ebay for the protection of buyer and seller.

Here is the link. Auction ends today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221972766436?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I am selling this for my father. I still use Black Magic daily.

Thor
12-25-2015, 07:32 PM
I recently purchased a used license from a board member.

I made my decision to purchase BLAM after spending over a year researching different programs. I do not have a "pace" background and tried RDSS and it did not "speak' to me. I know many people that use the program successfully, but it did not work for me.

Why do you buy anything? You expect to get some benefit/value, I am looking for a program that provides another way of analyzing the race, provide me with a structure and expand my abilities. I spent several months watching the dvd's, watching races, learning how to expand my point of view.

MP does states that you need patience, a strong mind, so I have made less bets, and it is funny, I can sense when I am going to win and other times have an odd feeling that I am making a weaker bet, but just can't help myself!

What I can say is that I am satisfied with the purchase, wish I had more uninterrupted time to use the program more and will most likely purchase the new offering that MP releases. I have learned a new methodology.

The new program will incorporate BLAM so you might see me offering my license and hopefully that person will learn and expand their ability as mine has grown.

Pfranktdn9
07-20-2021, 08:08 AM
Does anyone have the Black Magic Software for sale? I'm very interested in purchasing the software if anyone has it for sale. Please contact me if you do.