PDA

View Full Version : No PVal for the Belmont

Valuist
06-01-2004, 01:48 PM
The suspension will stick. Sounds like Solis is the leading candidate to get the mount on Rock Hard Ten.

CryingForTheHorses
06-01-2004, 07:37 PM
:cool: Ok guys you can all rip me, As much as I stuck up for PVal, I guess the times have caught up with him.You cant help someone who wont help themselves

Hosshead
06-01-2004, 08:42 PM
PVal won't be missed, Solis is a great rider.

kenwoodallpromos
06-01-2004, 09:32 PM
I know Solis is good; I just reserve a little dislike for his VG KY Derby ride. I will worry for SJ if Solis gets an inside post.

Skanoochies
06-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I`m not sure of stats but it seems to me Solis does not have a great record in the east, be it TC races or Breeders Cup, (or major races period.) Would anyone have any stats on this?:confused:

SAL
06-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Solis just won the Met Mile on Pico Central. In the Belmont he'll be looking at Stewart Elliotts's butt at the wire.:)

PaceAdvantage
06-01-2004, 11:06 PM
PVal won't be missed eh?

Well then, here's a good question:

Why did the connections of RHT want PVal so badly, that they were willing to wait to the last possible second to name a rider while PVal awaited the courts decision? If Solis is as good a rider, why did they even bother going through the trouble of waiting for PVal to find out whether he would be allowed to ride?

JustRalph
06-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
PVal won't be missed eh?

Well then, here's a good question:

Why did the connections of RHT want PVal so badly, that they were willing to wait to the last possible second to name a rider while PVal awaited the courts decision? If Solis is as good a rider, why did they even bother going through the trouble of waiting for PVal to find out whether he would be allowed to ride?

Since Rock Hard Ten started working (even before his first race I believe) for his first start, his excercise rider has been Corey Black (TVG analyst) Now Corey is PVAL's agent. I think that may have something to do with it. ..........

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
From the quotes I read in the paper, it seemed to go a little deeper than that. It came across as if they considered PVal quite a talented and special jockey...so much so, they would do anything to try and get him on their horse.

It certainly did not come across that they considered Solis as an equal replacement.

JustRalph
06-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
From the quotes I read in the paper, it seemed to go a little deeper than that. It came across as if they considered PVal quite a talented and special jockey...so much so, they would do anything to try and get him on their horse.

It certainly did not come across that they considered Solis as an equal replacement.

I think it depends on what type of horse you have for him. If your horse is a front runner.......PVAL hands down is my choice. But if it is a late runner (especially on the turf etc, where you need to find a hole to run thru) Solis is a better choice if you ask me...........

Hosshead
06-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I think it depends on what type of horse you have for him. If your horse is a front runner.......PVAL hands down is my choice. But if it is a late runner (especially on the turf etc, where you need to find a hole to run thru) Solis is a better choice if you ask me...........

I agree, PatV may be one of the best gate riders of all time, which is how he gets so many wins, but IMO Solis is better at rating a horse. He learned a lot from his mentor, (Pincay).