PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeve in PPs

Thomas Roulston
07-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Who else thinks that it is both lame and really inaccurate to list a first-time starter as "First Time Lasix"?

I say the horse should need to have had at least one start without Lasix in order to be designated as first-time Lasix.

therussmeister
07-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Who else thinks that it is both lame and really inaccurate to list a first-time starter as "First Time Lasix"?

I say the horse should need to have had at least one start without Lasix in order to be designated as first-time Lasix.
Well I agree, but it is so easy to ignore it hasn't bothered me in the slightest, much less peeved me. Although it does affect the trainer statistics, but there are a lot of such things.

Thomas Roulston
07-04-2015, 12:01 PM
But Outstanding in the Belmont Oaks is first-time Lasix - for real.

And I'm on board - at 6-1 on the morning line.

cj
07-04-2015, 12:02 PM
I don't mind because it makes it stick out when the horse doesn't have Lasix, which in my opinion is a huge negative.

LottaKash
07-04-2015, 12:22 PM
One of my peeves is that the Jockey's and the Trainer's names are listed in such a small font on most PP's...

I would like to see their names listed in a bigger and bolder font...

hracingplyr
07-05-2015, 06:08 PM
I wrote Bris and asked them if there was a way to print the pp's out in a larger scale because i was getting up there in age and the eyes aren't what they use to be. They actually responded and told me i might consider getting a magnifying glass to make them bigger. :bang:

Tom
07-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I would be careful if your are feeding a database. If you want to do a query on FTL, you might want to filter out FTS because of this.

Stillriledup
07-06-2015, 12:30 AM

it would be interesting to know if the horse has been working on Lasix. If not, than the horse is 'ftl' compared to a horse who bled in his first times workout and now works on Lasix.

Or, maybe most horses do Not Work on Lasix so this world theoretically FTL, his 'races' were wkts that were timed without L.

Actor
07-06-2015, 05:01 AM
I wrote Bris and asked them if there was a way to print the pp's out in a larger scale because i was getting up there in age and the eyes aren't what they use to be. They actually responded and told me i might consider getting a magnifying glass to make them bigger. :bang:You can get reading glasses from Wal Mart for $6. A 1.5 diopter pair works great for me. :cool:

Tom
07-06-2015, 07:28 AM
I got a pair of +4's and they work great on the charts.

hracingplyr
07-07-2015, 07:25 AM
for your help guys lol. Post time dailey offers the larger print when you print the pp's only .50 more than bris.

Fingal
07-07-2015, 01:07 PM
You can get reading glasses from Wal Mart for $6. A 1.5 diopter pair works great for me. :cool:

.99 cent store is even better. That's cheap enough to leave them in several rooms & if you lose the one you take to the track, it's no big deal.

Valuist
07-07-2015, 01:37 PM
I've got one. When the DRF starts listing a track under a different abbreviation because there's an ownership change. When Betfair bought Hollywood, was it not still the same Hollywood Park? When Oak Tree runs meets at Santa Anita or Pleasanton, why should those meets have different track designations than SA or Pln?

Stillriledup
07-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I've got one. When the DRF starts listing a track under a different abbreviation because there's an ownership change. When Betfair bought Hollywood, was it not still the same Hollywood Park? When Oak Tree runs meets at Santa Anita or Pleasanton, why should those meets have different track designations than SA or Pln?
They shouldn't. Nobody cares who the 'sponsor' of the meet is, that has no bearing on horse racing data unless the actual surface is switched, but if its running on the same track, same circumference, same material, it's the same to bettors.

zappedbythevicar
07-08-2015, 09:52 AM
I have been saying the same thing about blinkers. If a first time starter can be first time lasix then a first time starter wearing blinkers should be " blinkers on". Sometimes you just cant watch all the post parades to look for this and sometimes the horse is long gone by the time the camera gets to some horses. Also some feeds are just not clear enough to see blinkers on some horses.

Thomas Roulston
07-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Two real "first-time Lasix" horses have scored at Belmont in the past few days: Midnight Citra ($15.20) in the 6th race on Sunday, and Gigi's Kitten ($10.40) in the 5th race yesterday.

Don't know about you - but I can handle that!

Thomas Roulston
07-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Sky Tower, in Saturday's 5th race ($10.00).

I hope they're this hot at Saratoga!

Tom
07-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Do guys suppose most tracks have any idea people are there to bet on the races and not sip the lemonade?

You could fool me.

cj
07-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Sky Tower, in Saturday's 5th race ($10.00).

I hope they're this hot at Saratoga!

This is a very good angle for Kiaran McGlaughlin.

thespaah
07-19-2015, 11:43 PM
You can get reading glasses from Wal Mart for $6. A 1.5 diopter pair works great for me. :cool:
I call 'em "cheaters". And yes, i have a pair of these spectacles

cnollfan
07-20-2015, 11:22 AM
I don't mind because it makes it stick out when the horse doesn't have Lasix, which in my opinion is a huge negative.

I agree. Lasix might be bad for the long-term health of the industry, but in any one race it seems like horses without Lasix rarely win. (Obviously non-Lasix races don't count.)