PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams best ever?

Kash$
07-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Hard to argue she isnt..even though I think she takes steroids..
Graff, Everett played against better, but Serena is amazing.

charm city whizz
07-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes she is, hard to debate

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2015, 04:52 PM
As far as American women go, she has surpassed Martina.

Serena basically is American tennis right now...we have no one else, man or woman.
She has devastating power, shows resilience during her matches, and has had a long glorious career (when so many fizzle out after a few yrs).
Only other player in the argument for best female ever is Steffi Graf.

Kash$
07-03-2015, 05:02 PM
As far as American women go, she has surpassed Martina.

Serena basically is American tennis right now...we have no one else, man or woman.
She has devastating power, shows resilience during her matches, and has had a long glorious career (when so many fizzle out after a few yrs).
Only other player in the argument for best female ever is Steffi Graf.

Phantom steroids hgh?

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Phantom steroids hgh?
I have no reason to believe she uses/used PED's.
I have no proof either way, but, for lack of a better term...she just doesn't seem like the type.
Neither does Venus

ManU918
07-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Phantom steroids hgh?

They get tested numerous times a year. This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen on this forum... The girl has the most Grand Slams already and isn't done adding to her total. What more does she have to do in your eyes before she is the best ever?

Kash$
07-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Russell Baze has the most wins as a jockey is he the greatest ever.?
Graf and Martina face tougher..

Hmmm dummest statement awarded to you..
THEY GET TESTED NUMEROUS OF TIMES..
Baseball, nfl, also test numerous of times and still juice.
I've seen her play live she has muscles like Frank Thomas..I know for a fact Nadal used so why wouldn't Serena?

ManU918
07-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Russell Baze has the most wins as a jockey is he the greatest ever.?
Graf and Martina face tougher..

Wow... Brett Favre has the most wins as a starting QB in NFL history... I guess he's better than Brady and Montana too right?

Dark Horse
07-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Women's tennis has never been at a higher level, so yes, for Serena to dominate makes her the best.

Her challenge will be to stay in shape after her playing career. She's got a body that could blow up to three times its present size.

ManU918
07-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Hmmm dummest statement awarded to you..
THEY GET TESTED NUMEROUS OF TIMES..
Baseball, nfl, also test numerous of times and still juice.
I've seen her play live she has muscles like Frank Thomas..I know for a fact Nadal used so why wouldn't Serena?

You can't even spell the word dumbest. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....So you have blood work from Nadal? Come on man.

Kash$
07-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Wow... Brett Favre has the most wins as a starting QB in NFL history... I guess he's better than Brady and Montana too right?
That was my point..

ManU918
07-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Women's tennis has never been at a higher level, so yes, for Serena to dominate makes her the best.

Her challenge will be to stay in shape after her playing career. She's got a body that could blow up to three times its present size.

100% correct.

ManU918
07-03-2015, 05:27 PM
That was my point..

So you think Favre is better than Brady and Montana?

Kash$
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
No I don't..but just because Serena passes Graf doesn't necessarily mean shes the greatest..that was my point with Baze most win doesn't mean yr the greatest

tucker6
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
I guess no one remember Martina anymore??

ManU918
07-03-2015, 05:41 PM
No I don't..but just because Serena passes Graf doesn't necessarily mean shes the greatest..that was my point with Baze most win doesn't mean yr the greatest

Baze isn't even a top 10 jockey... Serena is the greatest of all-time. We're talking about Grand Slams compared to a jockey that has never won a Breeders Cup or TC race. It's idiotic.

ronsmac
07-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Graff, Everett played against better, but Serena is amazing.Yes.

Robert Fischer
07-03-2015, 05:58 PM
The steroids and growth hormone has gotten to the point where you can hardly hold it against an athlete anymore.
It's so widespread, it's so ingrained in sports.

We worship the NFL, and there are literally positions that in order to hold a starting position in the NFL most humans will have to take the growth hormone and cycle steroids. That is, literally without taking the hgh+roids, most humans lack the freaky genetics to weigh enough and be that strong and mobile, and literally could not hold the starting position otherwise.
We reward guys with commercials who have these enlarged Barry Bonds skulls, and have gained 100lbs since entering college.

Other sports may not have the literal requirement that an NFL lineman has of weight and strength and fitness, but the rewards are tremendous, and the requirements and rewards of longevity are enough to stress most humans inborn genetics.

NBA, MLB, hockey, boxing, mma, everything, ... all the same

Once you get into the higher levels of sport - the pay and the incentives are such that it is worth using performance enhancing medicine.

So, where 10, 15 years ago, I probably would have criticized Serena, now I see the bigger picture.

As far as a player - She's great. Maybe the most dominant of all time. I'm no tennis connoisseur, and I don't know the finer points of the game, but she's had a long run at the top.

thaskalos
07-03-2015, 07:54 PM
We reward guys with commercials who have these enlarged Barry Bonds skulls, and have gained 100lbs since entering college.

My sister has gained 150 lbs since entering college...and she can't even SPELL the word STEROIDS.

Show Me the Wire
07-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Many years ago, I had the fortuitous pleasure, in Playa de Carma, Mexico of meeting the Chicago Bears first round draft pick, Brian Urlacher. He was there with his family, wife and child, on vacation, prior to reporting to training camp. I was one of the few U.S. citizens at this particular resort and his wife struck up a conversation with us over leche for her bay. After discovering we were from Chicago, she proudly informed, our small group, her husband was the Bears first draft pick and that we should meet her husband to tell him about Chicago, as they were not too familiar with the city. Of course I agreed to answer questions and lend any insight I could. As a result of our chance meeting we socialized, mostly with his wife as few more times.

Prior to reporting to the the team. Brian was in excellent shape and looked very athletic, tall, lean, and muscular more akin to a sleek greyhound and did not carry, on his frame, a bulked-up type of physique. I informed him that even though Chicago loves its lovable losers, the Cubs, Chicago at heart is a football town. Also, if he played up to expectations he would own the town.

About six moths later, during the regular season, I meet Urlacher again. I hardly recognized him physique wise. The bulk he added to his frame, in such a relativity, short time really surprised me, without impairing the speed he showed in college as a safety. Bears must have had a fantastic strength coach and strength program. Shame his last few years were hampered by back problems.

I am not accusing anyone of anything, only stating my surprise, at the change, in his physical appearance in a relativity short time.

Also, I have seen this dramatic change with other athletes, I knew or met in other sports especially in baseball.

dnlgfnk
07-04-2015, 01:32 AM
In "Game of Shadows", Bonds' teammates can't believe the physical change in him from October '98 to spring training '99.

Seabiscuit@AR
07-04-2015, 09:16 AM
There is a blog devoted to tennis and doping which reckons tennis does not test anywhere near enough. Serena features in some panic room incident story where she missed a test a few years back

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com.au/

Robert Fischer
07-04-2015, 09:36 AM
My sister has gained 150 lbs since entering college...and she can't even SPELL the word STEROIDS.

Good family cooking is also an unfair advantage.

cj
07-04-2015, 11:53 AM
100% correct.

Agree. The game played now is so different and so much more demanding than it was even 20 years ago it is silly. Watch and old Everett/King match sometime, it will put you to sleep.

ManU918
07-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Add another Slam to the resume.

mountainman
07-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Agree. The game played now is so different and so much more demanding than it was even 20 years ago it is silly. Watch and old Everett/King match sometime, it will put you to sleep.

Good point. Which makes it amazing that any elite 14-yr -old male would destroy Serena. And so would a senior like J Mac. But I do like looking at her. More than a little.

Kash$
07-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Add another Slam to the resume.

Correct the "Serena Slam"

Inner Dirt
07-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Graff, Everett played against better, but Serena is amazing.

Women who take steroids for long periods of time do not have feminine sounding voices and don't have a curvy figure like Serena, they appear masculine. I was a workout warrior until my late 30's and went to gyms frequented by serious body builders and professional athletes. I can spot a steroid user a mile away, I would take a -1000 money line Serena is clean. I have known women more muscled than Serena who didn't even take supplements, let alone steroids.

From my experience without roids or hormones black people develop muscle size easier than whites, while whites have an easier time developing strength.

I would say Serena is the best ever, still on top at 33 in a women's sport where most start falling off at 25.

Kash$
07-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Women who take steroids for long periods of time do not have feminine sounding voices and don't have a curvy figure like Serena, they appear masculine. I was a workout warrior until my late 30's and went to gyms frequented by serious body builders and professional athletes. I can spot a steroid user a mile away, I would take a -1000 money line Serena is clean. I have known women more muscled than Serena who didn't even take supplements, let alone steroids.

From my experience without roids or hormones black people develop muscle size easier than whites, while whites have an easier time developing strength.

I would say Serena is the best ever, still on top at 33 in a women's sport where most start falling off at 25.

Marion Jones sound every bit of a female when lying.

Inner Dirt
07-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Marion Jones sound every bit of a female when lying.

Marion Jones was probably only juicing for a couple years, Serena has always been thick so if you think her size is attributed to roids she has been doing them for half her 33 years. Big difference. Even though some roid users get big and puffy like Roger Clemens most are well defined and have unusually large trapezius muscles, Serena doesn't fit that either.