PDA

View Full Version : its official (AP to Haskell)

lamboguy
07-02-2015, 06:10 PM
AMERICAN PHAROAH to the Haskell

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
AMERICAN PHAROAH to the Haskell
Not a shock....

I'm sure he will no have competition either. Probably 4 or 5 cream puffs against him.

Kash$
07-02-2015, 06:32 PM
I said he was 1/2 to run in the Haskell..Serling tweeted his Facebook page he will run in the Haskell..
Baffert wants no part of Saratoga..

reckless
07-02-2015, 06:47 PM
How much is Monmouth giving Baffert to come to the Haskell? They've paid him appearance fees in the past.

ArlJim78
07-02-2015, 06:54 PM
I said he was 1/2 to run in the Haskell..Serling tweeted his Facebook page he will run in the Haskell..
I'm sure that was the deciding factor.

lamboguy
07-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm sure that was the deciding factor.
not a chance, he already gave away more money than what he is going to receive for appearing at the Haskel, and i am hearing he is going to donate all the money he is getting for this event to the same charity's that he has already given money to.

nijinski
07-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Secretariat was the deciding factor ! :)

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 07:09 PM

Darn right he wants no part of Saratoga. We're going to make this a cream puff (cherry pick easy spots from here on in-till we say he stubbed his toe and has to retire before the BC Classic) campaign so we make sure no one ruins the great story.

He goes to the SPA, he runs off the board, like many legends have.

Kash$
07-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Imo AP will not run again in NY.3 races left the Breeders Cup will be his last race.

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Imo AP will not run again in NY.3 races left the Breeders Cup will be his last race.

NO way he sees NY again, I agree. I TRULY hope he makes it to KEE for the BC, with real competiton in the race. He will be so overbet and will provide great value to wager against.

Kash$
07-02-2015, 07:33 PM
NO way he sees NY again, I agree. I TRULY hope he makes it to KEE for the BC, with real competiton in the race. He will be so overbet and will provide great value to wager against.

With all due respect whos the real competition?
Shared Belief-Out
Chrome-Lol
Any Pletcher older horse-lol 2x
Tonalist-?
Weak older division if he gets beat its a 3 year old.

nads1420
07-02-2015, 07:33 PM
it was the right move the Monmouth crown will be insane

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 07:38 PM
With all due respect whos the real competition?
Shared Belief-Out
Chrome-Lol
Any Pletcher older horse-lol 2x
Tonalist-?
Weak older division if he gets beat its a 3 year old.

Great point. There is no top notch older horse right now who stands out. However, all I want is for AP to have a large field to go against, jockeys who will race ride him-even just a little bit and a field of solid older runners who will seriously try and win. If he wins, I'll be the first to say: I was 1000000% wrong. If he loses, I hope to crush. Either way, great betting value.

If between now and then, no one jumps up, the field is weak, I will just watch the race.

I am hoping between now and Oct, someone jumps up and improves.

Kash$
07-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Great point. There is no top notch older horse right now who stands out. However, all I want is for AP to have a large field to go against, jockeys who will race ride him-even just a little bit and a field of solid older runners who will seriously try and win. If he wins, I'll be the first to say: I was 1000000% wrong. If he loses, I hope to crush. Either way, great betting value.

If between now and then, no one jumps up, the field is weak, I will just watch the race.

I am hoping between now and Oct, someone jumps up and improves.

Ganging up on him i could see that.

nijinski
07-02-2015, 07:43 PM

The Belmont win and your loss never humbled you as you continue
to wear that anger against the the horse and his connections on your
sleeve .

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 07:46 PM
The Belmont win and your loss never humbled you as you continue
to wear that anger against the the horse and his connections on your
sleeve .

Excuse me? LOL. I have no anger. Cute horse. Over rated, in my opinion. Till he has some adversity, some pace pressure, some thing that makes me go wow, I will bet against. That's all. From a trip handicappers view point, he has not run one amazing race that makes me say WOW...

I have nothing against the Zayats. Not a thing. Nothing against Baffert or Espinoza. I'm not a california player so they are just some guys from out west to me.

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Ganging up on him i could see that.

It won't happen the in the Haskell. I will guaranty an AP win under a hand ride.

Don't care who rounds out the field. I would assume Baffert already was told by the secretary who's aiming there, hence his decision to go there (and his awesome resume there).

Kash$
07-02-2015, 07:53 PM
It won't happen the in the Haskell. I will guaranty an AP win under a hand ride.

Don't care who rounds out the field. I would assume Baffert already was told by the secretary who's aiming there, hence his decision to go there (and his awesome resume there).

EMD4ME i respect your opinion you see it from a bettors view others may just be fans nothing wrong with neither.. remember Fans is short for Fanatic

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 08:04 PM
EMD4ME i respect your opinion you see it from a bettors view others may just be fans nothing wrong with neither.. remember Fans is short for Fanatic

I respect every one's opinion, thanks.

I thought this was a horseplayer's forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fans are good, fans who bet a lot are even better!

I like to follow chalk that I think is over rated for purposes of betting against it if the opportunity is right.

I've seen enough, we've all seen enough in the last 20-30-60 years to know what is awesome and what is good. Respectfully, this horse has not wowed me like a Tiznow, a Cigar, a Ghostzapper etc. Maybe he will one day. I don't mind losing money betting against him in the BC IF the field is just right. It's a winning wager long term.

Kash$
07-02-2015, 08:09 PM

I like to follow chalk that I think is over rated for purposes of betting against it if the opportunity is right.

I've seen enough, we've all seen enough in the last 20-30-60 years to know what is awesome and what is good. Respectfully, this horse has not wowed me like a Tiznow, a Cigar, a Ghostzapper etc. Maybe he will one day. I don't mind losing money betting against him in the BC IF the field is just right. It's a winning wager long term.

Btw Coach Inge runs on Saturday his last fig number was AP like on the same card :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Btw Coach Inge runs on Saturday his last fig number was AP like on the same card :lol: :lol:

I think the term is called entrapment :lol: :lol: :lol: .....I have enough on my plate LOL, don't get me started even more....

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 08:33 PM
The coach had a much shorter run up for his race, came home in 23.96 (compared to AP's 24.32) and the Coach actually had to do running for most of the mile and a half.

Seems to me AP ran a Coach Inge type figure, not the other way around.

We'll see how legit that "other" 12F race was. Yes, the horse Coach Inge beat at AQU, Touchofstarquality ran a 99 in his next start but Touch has had many layoff lines. You just don't know if Dutrow had him cranked/juiced etc. when he ran his 99 and maybe he was off form when he faced Coach Inge. Plus the Coaches win 2 back was the only 2 turn route at AQU that day. Hard to trust the fig. Time will tell.

nijinski
07-02-2015, 08:44 PM

I agree with you on looking for that opportunity on beating chalk but this
was not the case . In fact your pre Belmont statement that AP was not
going to win and had NO SHOT followed by post race dissing of the
the other jocks speaks volumes .
Many cappers tried to beat him for betting value but this was not your
stand . He was absolutely not going to win according to you .

The cute horse exposed your ego :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 08:50 PM
I agree with you on looking for that opportunity on beating chalk but this
was not the case . In fact your pre Belmont statement that AP was not
going to win and had NO SHOT followed by post race dissing of the
the other jocks speaks volumes .
Many cappers tried to beat him for betting value but this was not your
stand . He was absolutely not going to win according to you .

The cute horse exposed your ego :lol: :lol:

Maybe you missed the posts where I said my stance is he will win if he's left alone on the lead like this horse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQOchrK7NA

Yes, my stance was the race would be ridden differently. I was wrong. They didn't have 5 seconds go by (after the hitting the wire) and I had already posted:

I eat crow.

You are right.

I deserve it all.

Does someone with ego man up like that? I don't think so :p

nijinski
07-02-2015, 08:54 PM

A little flip flop here for you . Guess you forgot how excited you felt when he won . Is everyone that got goose bumps a fanatic?

Kash$
07-02-2015, 09:00 PM
A little flip flop here for you . Guess you forgot how excited you felt when he won . Is everyone that got goose bumps a fanatic?
No flip flop trying to get him riled up.. :lol:

nijinski
07-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Maybe you missed the posts where I said my stance is he will win if he's left alone on the lead like this horse:

Yes, my stance was the race would be ridden differently. I was wrong. They didn't have 5 seconds go by (after the hitting the wire) and I had already posted:

I eat crow.

You are right.

I deserve it all.

Does someone with ego man up like that? I don't think so :p

Post 99 in the crunch thread , you had NO IF in there and I hated to
go back to prove it but this time you're not getting the last licks .

I will back up here too since I'm a nice woman Maybe it's not so much your
ego , just some stubbornness .

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Post 99 in the crunch thread , you had NO IF in there and I hated to
go back to prove it but this time you're not getting the last licks .

I will back up here too since I'm a nice woman Maybe it's not so much your
ego , just some stubbornness .

American Pharoah: Triple Crown Winner: NAY or YAY? Thread, post #143 ..

You can still have last licks though :)

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Not stubborn, just passionate ;)

Redboard
07-02-2015, 09:20 PM

I eat crow.

:p

True, but for every two mouthfuls you ate, you spit one out.

If you are going to eat crow, eat it.

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 09:25 PM
True, but for every two mouthfuls you ate, you spit one out.

If you are going to eat crow, eat it.

Good point. I respect that. Was just defending myself as I did state the only scenario in which he wins (and of course that happened).

But great point overall and I agree. Once again, overall, I was extremely wrong.

And now, please don't confuse me disecting wether to play against him or not in October as me 'spitting out some crow'. It's just a future discussion. Nothing to do with the Belmont.

Redboard
07-02-2015, 09:45 PM
I completely agreed with your pre-race Belmont stakes analysis. AP look vulnerable with his slow closing furlongs in virtually all of his races. It looked like he wouldn’t get the distance and I bet against him.
In the Haskell he’ll be going against the same dogs he’s already beat up on more than once. At 9 panels, which we know he can handle, it will be hard to find an angle here to bet against. I don't think a rabbit would help since he’s not a one-dimensional speedster.

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I completely agreed with your pre-race Belmont stakes analysis. AP look vulnerable with his slow closing furlongs in virtually all of his races. It looked like he wouldn’t get the distance and I bet against him.
In the Haskell he’ll be going against the same dogs he’s already beat up on more than once. At 9 panels, which we know he can handle, it will be hard to find an angle here to bet against. I don't think a rabbit would help since he’s not a one-dimensional speedster.

It will be akin to Hulk Hogan Vs. Seargeant Slaughter in 1990 at Wrestlemania during the Persian Gulf War......

We all know what will happen. 1/9, jogburger. Nothing accomplished. And you know what? I like that.

Because if he runs in the Classic and if he loses, the crumble will be louder and more thunderous on the toteboard.

Redboard
07-02-2015, 10:23 PM
....Baffert wants no part of Saratoga..

That's not what I read. The travers is still in play. Bayern ran both last year.

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 10:27 PM
That's not what I read. The travers is still in play. Bayern ran both last year.

I hope you are correct.

SandyW
07-02-2015, 10:39 PM

The Travers is a definite no go. You can bet on this.
Baffett is no fan of Saratoga, also the two races are to close together.

lamboguy
07-02-2015, 11:37 PM
not to sure where AP goes or doesn't go after the Haskel. the Travers would be a possibility, it sounds nice on the resume. keep in mind that the purse is kind of secondary at this point.

the only thing i can tell you for sure is that the folks at Mountaineer are very happy now because there are going to be horses ducking AMERICAN PHAROAH and coming down to their place and it will probably be a much better race than the Haskel.

nijinski
07-03-2015, 12:31 AM
not to sure where AP goes or doesn't go after the Haskel. the Travers would be a possibility, it sounds nice on the resume. keep in mind that the purse is kind of secondary at this point.

the only thing i can tell you for sure is that the folks at Mountaineer are very happy now because there are going to be horses ducking AMERICAN PHAROAH and coming down to their place and it will probably be a much better race than the Haskel.

Can't imagine he'd be going to the Travers after the Haskell .

chadk66
07-03-2015, 08:06 AM
he needs nothing else on his resume lol. well turf would be cool

nads1420
07-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Id go Haskell then JCGC at Belmont vs Chrome then Classic. 1 Last start in the Dubai World Cup then retire the worlds richest race horse

Robert Fischer
07-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Haskell is a great deal.

Share of 1Mpurse+possible appearances , 9F, likely vs primarily Grade2, on a track where a good trainer/horse can often find a peak performance.

I think it's too good to pass up, and you take this now, but then you have to reevaluate.

Tom
07-03-2015, 10:15 AM
he needs nothing else on his resume lol. well turf would be cool

That's what CC said! :D

affirmedny
07-03-2015, 10:50 AM
my guess would be PA Derby on Sept 19 after the Haskell considering how well that worked for Baffert last year

GaryG
07-03-2015, 11:45 AM
CC will be retired before the BC. He was a nice horse, an overachiever. They just totally ****ed him up.

Kash$
07-03-2015, 12:04 PM
my guess would be PA Derby on Sept 19 after the Haskell considering how well that worked for Baffert last year

Haskell,back to west coast ?,then BC,off to the shed

classhandicapper
07-03-2015, 12:57 PM
The coach had a much shorter run up for his race, came home in 23.96 (compared to AP's 24.32) and the Coach actually had to do running for most of the mile and a half.

Seems to me AP ran a Coach Inge type figure, not the other way around.

We'll see how legit that "other" 12F race was. Yes, the horse Coach Inge beat at AQU, Touchofstarquality ran a 99 in his next start but Touch has had many layoff lines. You just don't know if Dutrow had him cranked/juiced etc. when he ran his 99 and maybe he was off form when he faced Coach Inge. Plus the Coaches win 2 back was the only 2 turn route at AQU that day. Hard to trust the fig. Time will tell.

I wouldn't trust anyone's figures for that day.

The day may have made reasonable sense but the track was drying out all day and the wind shifted mid day.

classhandicapper
07-03-2015, 01:02 PM
IMO the Haskell is obviously the correct move. When you are coming off a freshening like he will be, it makes no sense to go straight into a 10F race like the Travers. That's partly why they card the Jim Dandy at Saratoga at the same time. The idea is to give some of the horses from the Triple Crown a prep for the Travers along with any later developers. Where he goes next is more debatable. He could go to the Travers or he could look for a race against older in NY or California a little later depending on what they think is better timing for a peak race in the Classic.

LottaKash
07-03-2015, 01:18 PM
IMO the Haskell is obviously the correct move. When you are coming off a freshening like he will be, it makes no sense to go straight into a 10F race like the Travers.

I agree...The road to winning the TC is both physically and mentally, one tough journey...Tomato Cans or not...

I will be glad to see AP well rested and back in action....Good for the game !... :jump:

Overlay
07-03-2015, 01:37 PM
After the Haskell, will American Pharoah be aiming for the Rutherford and then the Cleaver? :)

Tom
07-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Hey Beav, nice one!

Donttellmeshowme
07-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Not a shock at all. he will be 1/9

Robert Fischer
07-03-2015, 05:37 PM
baby we were born to run

NY BRED
07-03-2015, 07:31 PM
any odds in Vegas about AP running in both the Haskell and Travers?

:eek:

Binder
07-03-2015, 07:42 PM
I have been to about 15 Haskill days at the shore. I have a ton of hats My dad still goes every year to get me the giveaway hat.
My favorites were Looking At Lucky and SkipAway
What a party this one will be
Just looking at the Sports Illustrated cover
I bet it will great for racing.

mountainman
07-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Thank you, Jesus.

spang99
07-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Good news for Mountaineer for sure. Might just get a couple of legit top colts looking to duck the Pharoah

thespaah
07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
I figured this would be the path.
Zayat is from NJ...Baffert practically owns the Haskell.
This article has Zayat quoted as saying the Travers is not ruled out....
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/92849/american-pharoah-to-haskell?source=rss

mountainman
07-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Good news for Mountaineer for sure. Might just get a couple of legit top colts looking to duck the Pharoah

bingo, pal..if he skips it, we're sunk.....

biggestal99
07-04-2015, 08:06 AM

Just like the underlay Zenyatta.

Allan

dogkatcher
07-05-2015, 01:14 PM
EDM4ME
Coming into the Derby, this looked like the toughest field in many years.
AP did what he had to do against the best at that time.

Now who do you want to run against him to prove your point he may be an over rated TC winner. Should they put Private Zone in to give him a speed challenge? Who is out there? Take ole Wise Dan off the grass? Beg them to bring California Chrome back home.

I don't think their ducking anyone like Rachel did with Zenyatta. It's just a shame that many of our good horses don't race past 3yo in this modern age.

We'll never know if he's just Good and not a Great One. Breeders Cup is just one race, and one race doesn't make a Champion IMO. If he should win the BC, I guess that would enhance his legacy.

All the Best

EMD4ME
07-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Just like the underlay Zenyatta.

Allan

Don't "Blame" me LOL. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity, to get blame at that price.

I just hope another Blame shows up between now and October AND
AP is allowed to run (by his connections) to run in the BC.

EMD4ME
07-05-2015, 02:18 PM
EDM4ME
Coming into the Derby, this looked like the toughest field in many years.
AP did what he had to do against the best at that time.

Now who do you want to run against him to prove your point he may be an over rated TC winner. Should they put Private Zone in to give him a speed challenge? Who is out there? Take ole Wise Dan off the grass? Beg them to bring California Chrome back home.

I don't think their ducking anyone like Rachel did with Zenyatta. It's just a shame that many of our good horses don't race past 3yo in this modern age.

We'll never know if he's just Good and not a Great One. Breeders Cup is just one race, and one race doesn't make a Champion IMO. If he should win the BC, I guess that would enhance his legacy.

All the Best

Not really anyone specifically. I would just like to see AP win against a big and good field, where he actually does something that says wow.

That's all.

mountainman
07-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Don't "Blame" me LOL. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity, to get blame at that price.

I just hope another Blame shows up between now and October AND
AP is allowed to run (by his connections) to run in the BC.

Please excuse the redboard, but you're bringing up fond memories for me.
Blame was my biggest win bet in years. Epic value at 5-1.

EMD4ME
07-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Please excuse the redboard, but you're bringing up fond memories for me.
Blame was my biggest win bet in years. Epic value at 5-1.

Didn't you also just LOOOOVE it when Blame refused to let Zenyatta by on the gallop out?

I looooovveeed it. I also loved Denman's somber voice. Baaaalaaame wins it a heaaaaddd. (In his annoying squeak).

I could only imagine if Tom Durkin called that how much more MANLY that call would have been.

Denman sounds like he's a choir girl squeeking some girly complaints LOL

PaceAdvantage
07-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Over rated, in my opinion.Compared to what? All the other stellar 3yos and older horses running these days? :lol:

alf1380
07-06-2015, 01:49 PM
I never understood the hater brigades that great horses seem to attract.

They all do vow in very plaintiff and determined voices that they "will be there when they LOSE!"

never understood this. Horse is great...wins all the time..pass on those 1-9 odds and in that race in general.

Got news for you..just handicapping the BC classic field as of now.....AP ain't Losin' Folks. There is nothing out there.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2015, 01:18 PM
NO way he sees NY again, I agree.Are you as sure of this as you were that AP wouldn't win the TC? ;)

mountainman
07-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Didn't you also just LOOOOVE it when Blame refused to let Zenyatta by on the gallop out?

I looooovveeed it. I also loved Denman's somber voice. Baaaalaaame wins it a heaaaaddd. (In his annoying squeak).

I could only imagine if Tom Durkin called that how much more MANLY that call would have been.

Denman sounds like he's a choir girl squeeking some girly complaints LOL

Denman called it as a 1-horse race, an inevitable coronation. And that wasn't just a supreme (and biased) miscalculation, it was highly unprofessional.

There are other callers whose obvious disappointment (or growling enthusiasm) at certain outcomes just flabbergasts me. Even some good ones who I can't BELIEVE would compromise their professionalism for personal grudges or desires.

cj
07-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Denman called it as a 1-horse race, an inevitable coronation. And that wasn't just a supreme (and biased) miscalculation, it was highly unprofessional.

I honestly thought he was going to cry.

PhantomOnTour
07-09-2015, 01:56 PM
"Zenyatta Zenyatta Zenyatta!...Balaaame" :lol:
-Denman