PDA

View Full Version : Belmont opinion race 5 today (July 2)

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Not in love w the 2, wasn't really rated that well went pretty fast and was in a race with a lot of horses tiring And bunching at the wire. I'm going to permit this horse to go fast today and hold on for one more furlong.

I'm going to play around w the 'strangers' that aren't coming out of the may 29th race 7, I'm looking at the 1 who seemed to kick on nicely late in his win, the 6 who races well fresh and hits the board a LOT and the 9 who might have needed that race.

I don't think the 4 will naturally improve in his 2nd off layoff, I think he fired his best shot off the bench and won't go to the next level here today.

Any other ideas?

PhantomOnTour
07-02-2015, 03:15 PM
I think the #4 cannot be overlooked...check his form at this time last year.
Two races at Bel and one at Sar, and it seems like they're trying to repeat that.
Long layoff before his last and he basically equaled his 3yr old best fig. About 5wks off with two works...seems all set to go today.
Shown nice steady development in figures from his 2yrold season right thru his last start (except for minor blip last fall before the layoff).
5-1 is a very nice price but the chalk #2 has beaten him twice already.

Will be tough to run down the easy E chalk, but the rails are in today...tough task and not much value here.

EDIT: rails were at 35ft for the May29th race

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 03:23 PM
I think the #4 cannot be overlooked...check his form at this time last year.
Two races at Bel and one at Sar, and it seems like they're trying to repeat that.
Long layoff before his last and he basically equaled his 3yr old best fig. About 5wks off with two works...seems all set to go today.
Shown nice steady development in figures from his 2yrold season right thru his last start (except for minor blip last fall before the layoff).
5-1 is a very nice price but the chalk #2 has beaten him twice already.

Will be tough to run down the easy E chalk, but the rails are in today...tough task and not much value here.

EDIT: rails were at 35ft for the May29th race

I think I know the 4 pretty well, he can win, but I don't think he 'needed' his last race and will naturally improve. I like him as a horse, he's an ok price now.

PhantomOnTour
07-02-2015, 03:25 PM
The play is:

EX: 4-5 w 2-4-5
Win: 4-5

good luck SRU :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
07-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Hurray for small victories

Bet that winner down to 3-1...small profit, meh.

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 03:32 PM
The 4 was good he did improve a bit. Nobody came running they went 44 and the closers stunk, the top 2 were In another galaxy. I had some tris keying the 1 for 3rd but didn't have 421, that was too chalky for me.

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Hurray for small victories

Bet that winner down to 3-1...small profit, meh.

Good call!

PhantomOnTour
07-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Thx SRU

Any opinion on the longshot #7 in race 6?
I think he has a real shot behind all this speed...got absolutely no pace to chase last time. When he gets any pace at all he's right there just about every time.
Gotta give him a shot at 10-1

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Sorry for late response, I see the 1 horse was close up in the depche chat race so I'm not looking to bet anything out of there. I like The 9

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Thx SRU

Any opinion on the longshot #7 in race 6?
I think he has a real shot behind all this speed...got absolutely no pace to chase last time. When he gets any pace at all he's right there just about every time.
Gotta give him a shot at 10-1
Any ideas in the finale? Wide open race, not in love with the 2 at short ML odds, do you think the 3 can sneak into the tri or super? I'm looking at him just not sure if he has any shot to do anything.

PhantomOnTour
07-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Any ideas in the finale? Wide open race, not in love with the 2 at short ML odds, do you think the 3 can sneak into the tri or super? I'm looking at him just not sure if he has any shot to do anything.
Off to work - no play.

But I do like #4 Partly Mocha at 6-1ML...he needed his last ;)

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Thx, enjoy the day, congrats on 9k, I've enjoyed your posting and insight over the years :ThmbUp:

Cholly
07-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Thx, enjoy the day, congrats on 9k, I've enjoyed your posting and insight over the years :ThmbUp:

not to mention blessing us with that great quote, "The train will pass, and the pups will hush"

PhantomOnTour
07-02-2015, 10:04 PM
9,000!

I posted and never even noticed...thx

(a new quote will appear soon Cholly!)