PDA

View Full Version : Man on the street: what are we celebrating on 7/4?

DJofSD
07-02-2015, 08:50 AM
https://youtu.be/kyhCOPh48ew

Not a surprise. The real kicker is the guy from Italy -- not a surprise.

boxcar
07-02-2015, 09:08 AM
I'll be celebrating Canada Day. This way I can kill two boids with one stone.

Inner Dirt
07-02-2015, 03:37 PM
I will bet all of those people voted for Obama.

DJofSD
07-02-2015, 03:41 PM
I will bet all of those people voted for Obama.
Most probably didn't even vote, but for those that did, yep, you're likely correct.

FantasticDan
07-02-2015, 03:58 PM
They should aspire to be smarter.. instead of wasting their time at the beach, they should spend every day for years pointlessly bickering about politics on a horse racing forum. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

mostpost
07-02-2015, 04:03 PM
https://youtu.be/kyhCOPh48ew

Not a surprise. The real kicker is the guy from Italy -- not a surprise.
It's also not a surprise that you can't see that the video is highly edited. Anyone who knew the correct answers found themselves on the cutting room floor. Or, maybe they were all actors.

I know a lot of people and I do not know one of them who does not know we won our Independence from England. And of course, everyone knows that Jesse Ventura signed the Magna Carta, not the Declaration of Independence.

thaskalos
07-02-2015, 04:32 PM
If I remember correctly, "taxation without representation" was the cry which led to the revolutionary war in 1776. Are we less taxed and better represented now?

wisconsin
07-02-2015, 04:33 PM
It's also not a surprise that you can't see that the video is highly edited. Anyone who knew the correct answers found themselves on the cutting room floor. Or, maybe they were all actors.

I know a lot of people and I do not know one of them who does not know we won our Independence from England. And of course, everyone knows that Jesse Ventura signed the Magna Carta, not the Declaration of Independence.

Get real Mosty, there are office girls and quick lube workers here at our dealership that do not know who the vice president is, so, yeah, there are tons of ignorant people out there.

Clocker
07-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Are we less taxed and better represented now?

We are taxed a lot more now, and we do have more representation. Which means we did it to ourselves.

Tom
07-02-2015, 09:10 PM
If I remember correctly, "taxation without representation" was the cry which led to the revolutionary war in 1776. Are we less taxed and better represented now?

We have no backbone anymore. If we did , we would be posting from Rose Garden, holding torches.

Tom
07-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Get real Mosty, there are office girls and quick lube workers here at our dealership that do not know who the vice president is, so, yeah, there are tons of ignorant people out there.

They walk among us, they vote, they breed....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

...and we pay the way for half of them. :bang:

mostpost
07-03-2015, 01:54 AM
I didn't mean to imply there were no stupid people, just that they were not nearly as prevalent as indicated by that video.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-03-2015, 03:55 AM
I didn't mean to imply there were no stupid people, just that they were not nearly as prevalent as indicated by that video.

I would argue that the results of the last two Presidential elections contradict that statement.

Though, truth be told, the choices available for at least the last half dozen elections have been between "bad", "pathetic", "horrible", or "unbelievable....."

The 4th of July is bittersweet these days. I shudder to think what the Founding Fathers would think of our current government. I hang my head in shame.

wisconsin
07-03-2015, 08:27 AM

I would argue differently. Just ask around sometime. Even at family gatherings, I am shocked at how little the younger generation actually know.

MutuelClerk
07-03-2015, 08:49 AM
We have no backbone anymore. If we did , we would be posting from Rose Garden, holding torches.

Agree about backbone. But it's also the fact not many seem to care. And the one's who do care are to busy arguing amongst themselves what's best for everyone. Adding a younger generation who's to self-involved facebooking, tweeting, etc. The future doesn't bode well. Good thing most of us are old.....

Tom
07-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Right on.

The fatal flaw in the whole America blueprint turns to be the Americans who live there. :bang:

DJofSD
07-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Now wait a minute both of you. You just can not come out and criticize people like that, they have feelings you know. They're trying, give them credit for that. Please be more positive in the future and we'll have well adjusted people that will make a difference.

horses4courses
07-03-2015, 10:39 AM
and we pay the way for half of them. :bang:

In case it passed you by, that's how a modern, civilized, society works.

We all pay our share, and those who qualify as "in need" receive
minimal benefits.
You can't exclude and discriminate against those you who think aren't smart.

Not that it stops you, though.

DJofSD
07-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Define minimal. Define needs.

Tom
07-03-2015, 10:57 AM
You can't exclude and discriminate against those you who think aren't smart.

I don't give a rat's behind why they are leeches, I just don't think they deserve to be taken care of. Survival of the fittest.

Tom
07-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Define minimal. Define needs.

Define fair share.

Libs have no idea how math works.

horses4courses
07-03-2015, 11:04 AM
I don't give a rat's behind why they are leeches, I just don't think they deserve to be taken care of. Survival of the fittest.

Yeah, we all know by now what you believe in. :bang:
That doesn't make it right.

Tom
07-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Keeping hat you work for and not carrying an anchor IS what is right.
In nature, the weak are abandoned for the good of the species.

Image how great this country could be if we weeded out the libs.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Keeping hat you work for and not carrying an anchor IS what is right.
In nature, the weak are abandoned for the good of the species.

Image how great this country could be if we weeded out the libs.

Yeah, but the lines would be longer at the gun shops....

Actor
07-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Agree about backbone. But it's also the fact not many seem to care. And the one's who do care are too busy arguing amongst themselves what's best for everyone. Adding a younger generation who's too self-involved facebooking, tweeting, etc. The future doesn't bode well. Good thing most of us are old.....FTFY

Actor
07-06-2015, 12:57 AM
I didn't mean to imply there were no stupid people, just that they were not nearly as prevalent as indicated by that video.The people in the video are not necessarily stupid. They are ignorant. There's a difference. Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid cannot.

I don't recall ever being asked that question in a job interview.

Actor
07-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Right on.

The fatal flaw in the whole America blueprint turns to be the Americans who live there. :bang:What blueprint?