PDA

View Full Version : Another RINO is the race

DJofSD
06-30-2015, 11:47 AM
NJ's governor just announced.

Oh joy.

Just on the single issue of fiscal responsibility he doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hades.

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Who does have a snowballs chance in hell?

Nobody, according to most people who post here.

I've decided that attitude is what I want in my next prez. So Trump and Christie are my top two at the moment... :p

Plus it seems CC has lost a bit of weight, finally, after his surgery...people can't really make fun of his weight anymore...and really, in this NO BULLYING age, isn't it hypocritical of liberals to ridicule the Governor because of his girth?

Yes, I do believe it is quite hypocritical of them. For all we know, the Governor was probably BORN WITH THIS PREDISPOSITION to be on the heavy side.

Shame on you liberals.

Clocker
06-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Yes, I do believe it is quite hypocritical of them. For all we know, the Governor was probably BORN WITH THIS PREDISPOSITION to be on the heavy side.

But I am sure that he identifies as slim, which is all that really matters to liberals, isn't it? :rolleyes:

DJofSD
06-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Yep, it's all in the genes. I guess there really is a lucky sperm club.

elysiantraveller
06-30-2015, 01:36 PM

I've decided that attitude is what I want in my next prez. So Trump and Christie are my top two at the moment... :p

Plus it seems CC has lost a bit of weight, finally, after his surgery...people can't really make fun of his weight anymore...and really, in this NO BULLYING age, isn't it hypocritical of liberals to ridicule the Governor because of his girth?

Shame on you liberals.

:lol: :lol:

Did you just launch a preemptive strike at the liberals on here?

Not saying I disagree with you but it read really funny.

Clocker
06-30-2015, 01:39 PM
I would also point out that it is politically incorrect and discriminatory to refer to the Governor as heavy.

He is properly referred to as a Hefto-American.

JustRalph
06-30-2015, 01:46 PM
No way........... he has serious 2nd Amend. problems

DRIVEWAY
06-30-2015, 01:47 PM
NJ's governor just announced.

Oh joy.

Just on the single issue of fiscal responsibility he doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hades.

All he did was kick the can down the road. State Pension Liabilities are worse than ever.

FantasticDan
06-30-2015, 02:57 PM
It's so freakin' ridiculous that something like the Obama hug after Sandy or that even more ridiculous lane closure scandal supposedly negates Christie's chances.

Tell me why either of those two things means something beyond fodder for the press and internet chat rooms?
My personal fave is when he ignored the will of the NJ people and legislature (and pigs) so he could advance his chances in Iowa.. :mad: :ThmbDown:

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/9cn7ye/porks-and-habitation

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2015, 03:02 PM
We're talking politicians here...you're gonna have to do better than that

Saratoga_Mike
06-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Reps with a good shot against Hill:

Rubio - concern: debate performances/how he reacts to pressure on the campaign

Jeb - concern: lacks charisma, lacks true grassroots support

Kasich - concern: lacks discipline, but owns Ohio

Fiorina - concern: tenure at HP was not good, but amazingly articulate (wow)

Robert Goren
06-30-2015, 04:34 PM

Shame on you liberals.Christie, Paul, Huckabee and Perry ( not in that order) all have a decent chance of winning the general election if they could get the nomination. At current time, I would not make any of them a favorite over Hillary, but they have a chance. 25-45% depending on the candidate. I probably wouldn't vote any of them, but that does make me blind to the appeal that they have to certain voters. Rick Perry is the only one I might vote for, but he has some stands on issues that I really hate and he would have to distance himself from where he currently stands on them.
Having my own weight problems, I would never make fun of Christie on his weight unless I was poking fun of myself at the same time.

tucker6
06-30-2015, 06:57 PM
My money is on Scott Walker.

ReplayRandall
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Reps with a good shot against Hill:

Rubio - concern: debate performances/how he reacts to pressure on the campaign

Jeb - concern: lacks charisma, lacks true grassroots support

Kasich - concern: lacks discipline, but owns Ohio

Fiorina - concern: tenure at HP was not good, but amazingly articulate (wow)

All four have no chance, period. The only GOP candidate with a fighting chance is Scott Walker......Remember, conservative Independents, like myself, will determine if the GOP candidate can win the general election, as WE are the deciding factor. The GOP party can't win without us, simply too many registered Demos outnumbering the GOP base.....

reckless
06-30-2015, 07:16 PM
I would also point out that it is politically incorrect and discriminatory to refer to the Governor as heavy.

He is properly referred to as a Hefto-American.

I'll defer to you, Professor Clocker: is it OK to say that Gov. Christie is a heavy underdog to win the GOP presidential nomination?

Tall One
06-30-2015, 07:23 PM
No way........... he has serious 2nd Amend. problems

Agreed.

Fun fact that seldom, if ever, gets mentioned: His uncle, through marriage, was Tino Fiumara.

Valuist
06-30-2015, 08:00 PM
My money is on Scott Walker.

So is mine.

ArlJim78
06-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I'd like to see an outsider like Fiorina catch fire. She's damn impressive in her media appearances. She never stumbles or mumbles either. Lets face it any non politician comes across like a breath of fresh air, even a blowhard like Trump.

reckless
06-30-2015, 10:51 PM
I'd like to see an outsider like Fiorina catch fire. She's damn impressive in her media appearances. She never stumbles or mumbles either. Lets face it any non politician comes across like a breath of fresh air, even a blowhard like Trump.

I am with you Jim on her as well. It will be tough for her to poll high enough to get in the debates --- you can thank the fools in the establishment GOP for that.

Now, she and a few others will watch from the sidelines because guaranteed losers like Bush, Christie and Kasich takes spots on the podium when they shouldn't.

ReplayRandall
06-30-2015, 11:07 PM
Here are today's odds for POTUS via Bovada:

2016 US Presidential Election - President of the USA

Odds as of June 30 at Bovada
Hillary Clinton 1/1
Jeb Bush 4/1
Marco Rubio 7/1
Scott Walker 9/1
Rand Paul 18/1
Bernie Sanders 25/1
Donald Trump 25/1
Ted Cruz 25/1
Ben Carson 33/1
John Kasich 33/1
Chris Christie 40/1
Carly Fiorina 50/1
Elizabeth Warren 50/1
Joe Biden 50/1
Martin OMalley 50/1
Rick Perry 75/1
Al Gore 100/1
Jim Webb 100/1
Lindsey Graham 100/1
Mike Huckabee 100/1
Andrew Cuomo 150/1
Bobby Jindal 150/1
Kirsten Gillibrand 150/1
Michael Bloomberg 150/1
Paul Ryan 150/1
Rick Santorum 150/1
Dan Bilzerian 1000/1

2016 US Presidential Election - Winning Party

Democratic Party -165
Republican Party +135

2016 US Presidential Election - Gender of Winner

Male -135
Female +105

Shemp Howard
06-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Agreed.

Fun fact that seldom, if ever, gets mentioned: His uncle, through marriage, was Tino Fiumara.

Didn't "The Greek" become government rat?

Tall One
07-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Didn't "The Greek" become government rat?

Not Fiumara. From what I've read of him, he was a very serious guy and very well respected. Guess you have to be if you skippered the Genovese Family's Jersey crew.

When Christie was state attorney general, '92 I believe, he visited Greek in Leavenworth with the family..his immediate family of course. ;)

Robert Goren
07-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Here are today's odds for POTUS via Bovada:

2016 US Presidential Election - President of the USA

Hillary Clinton 1/1
Jeb Bush 4/1
Marco Rubio 7/1
Scott Walker 9/1
Rand Paul 18/1
Bernie Sanders 25/1
Donald Trump 25/1
Ted Cruz 25/1
Ben Carson 33/1
John Kasich 33/1
Chris Christie 40/1
Carly Fiorina 50/1
Elizabeth Warren 50/1
Joe Biden 50/1
Martin OMalley 50/1
Rick Perry 75/1
Al Gore 100/1
Jim Webb 100/1
Lindsey Graham 100/1
Mike Huckabee 100/1
Andrew Cuomo 150/1
Bobby Jindal 150/1
Kirsten Gillibrand 150/1
Michael Bloomberg 150/1
Paul Ryan 150/1
Rick Santorum 150/1
Dan Bilzerian 1000/1

2016 US Presidential Election - Winning Party

Democratic Party -165
Republican Party +135

2016 US Presidential Election - Gender of Winner

Male -135
Female +105I'd would bet the female and the republican party. If Hillary wins I am +5, if the republicans win, I am + 35. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:
Rand Paul is a reasonable bet at 18/1 and Huckabee at 100/1 is a gift.

rastajenk
07-01-2015, 07:40 AM
I am with you Jim on her as well. It will be tough for her to poll high enough to get in the debates --- you can thank the fools in the establishment GOP for that.

Now, she and a few others will watch from the sidelines because guaranteed losers like Bush, Christie and Kasich takes spots on the podium when they shouldn't.
She could be an excellent Veep choice, though, if she evades the in-house fighting between now and then.

Robert Goren
07-01-2015, 08:13 AM
I'd like to see an outsider like Fiorina catch fire. She's damn impressive in her media appearances. She never stumbles or mumbles either. Lets face it any non politician comes across like a breath of fresh air, even a blowhard like Trump.Unless you count her time at HP where she was a disaster of epic proportions. A friend owned some HP stock during her reign. He throws things at the TV when she is on with good reason.

DJofSD
07-01-2015, 09:47 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/06/30/timing-of-christies-announcement-has-fund-raising-advantages/

In fund-raising, as in politics, timing is everything.

After months of watching other candidates enter the Republican presidential contest, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey joined the field on Tuesday, hoping to win over donors who have soured on his chances. But it will be more than three months before rival candidates, the press, and potential supporters know whether he has had any success.

That is because today, June 30, is the final day of the second quarter fund-raising period. By waiting until today, Mr. Christie’s campaign won’t be subject to unflattering fund-raising comparisons with other Republicans, since he is unlikely to have significant money to report in just a day of actively seeking money to finance his campaign.

The balance of the article at the link.

Tom
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
I sent his a large cash donation, to be delivered yesterday, but the armored car was held up in some traffic jam on a bridge somewhere.

JustRalph
07-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Unless you count her time at HP where she was a disaster of epic proportions. A friend owned some HP stock during her reign. He throws things at the TV when she is on with good reason.

yeah, she gets a bad rap for that. She was urged to be the hatchet man and she was. Laid off a ton, etc. But before you could see any benefit from it, they ran her off as a bad guy.

Unlike the GM Prez who is complicit in deaths...... but the Admin loves Obama motors :bang:

Saratoga_Mike
07-01-2015, 05:50 PM
All four have no chance, period. The only GOP candidate with a fighting chance is Scott Walker......Remember, conservative Independents, like myself, will determine if the GOP candidate can win the general election, as WE are the deciding factor. The GOP party can't win without us, simply too many registered Demos outnumbering the GOP base.....

You're wrong.

tucker6
07-01-2015, 06:46 PM
You're wrong.
Your lengthy rebuttal was too long to read in its entirety. Please keep it shorter next time...

DJofSD
07-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Your lengthy rebuttal was too long to read in its entirety. Please keep it shorter next time...
Ya, what he said.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw SM's response. It made me think that's what a wife would say to her husband after a long running disagreement. "I'm wrong? About what part?"

tucker6
07-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Ya, what he said.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw SM's response. It made me think that's what a wife would say to her husband after a long running disagreement. "I'm wrong? About what part?"
I never was able to win an argument with the wife for those very reasons. :lol: