PDA

View Full Version : Law & Order episode: a jockey is shot

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2015, 12:21 AM
Will air in about 40mins on TNT (midnight central time)
I was a huge L&O fan back in my college days when Chris Noth and George Dzundza and Paul Sorvino starred.
Kind of lost track of the show in the mid 90's...this episode happened to catch my eye as I was surfing the channel guide.

It's about horseracing so I gotta watch...
Please Lord, let it be Leparoux! :lol:

JustRalph
06-30-2015, 12:32 AM
Closest thing to a real old school detective I've ever seen, a great actor. Gone too soon.

Tor Ekman
06-30-2015, 12:39 AM
The jockey episode is from one of the later seasons with Dennis Farina and Michael Imperioli as the detectives.

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Jerry Orbach...he was a recovering alcoholic and gambling addict on the show I believe...RIP

FantasticDan
06-30-2015, 10:22 AM
So how did it end? I fell asleep about halfway through..

My favorite part was when the detectives dragged the trainer downtown after they found the milkshake stuff in his car trunk.. :lol: :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2015, 11:10 AM
So how did it end? I fell asleep about halfway through..

My favorite part was when the detectives dragged the trainer downtown after they found the milkshake stuff in his car trunk.. :lol: :ThmbUp:
The owner did it, then jumped bail, and was found dead in the trunk of his car at JFK.
The show ended there, with the detectives surmising an angry employee took him out as revenge for plundering their retirement fund.

bomp-ba-ba-bompbaba....Dick Wolf

FantasticDan
06-30-2015, 12:11 PM
The owner did it, then jumped bail, and was found dead in the trunk of his car at JFK.
The show ended there, with the detectives surmising an angry employee took him out as revenge for plundering their retirement fund.Thanks, I figured it was the owner, I think they were arresting him just as I fell asleep..

So how about that New York Downs? You don't hear much about that track on this forum.. Aqueduct's ugly cousin? :D :p

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Thanks, I figured it was the owner, I think they were arresting him just as I fell asleep..

So how about that New York Downs? You don't hear much about that track on this forum.. Aqueduct's ugly cousin? :D :pIt's part of a two-track circuit along with SRU Downs...

OTM Al
06-30-2015, 04:41 PM
It's part of a two-track circuit along with SRU Downs...

Sits right next to Hudson University.

Tall One
06-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Jerry Orbach...he was a recovering alcoholic and gambling addict on the show I believe...RIP

"Don't chase those inside straights"..Lenny to Det. Ed Greene

Orbach was also known to chum around with Joey Gallo...just not at Umberto's.. ;)