PDA

View Full Version : Adios Juan Vazquez

cj
06-29-2015, 03:46 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/delaware-park-bans-2014-leading-trainer-vazquez/

CeEIpYRcGcA

reckless
06-29-2015, 06:57 PM
I noticed his counsel is Alan Pincus -- resident of Las Vegas, NV, and the mouth-piece of all the dirtbags of Mid-Atlantic racing. Yes, I know everyone is entitled to a lawyer. . . yada yada yada.

I just hope and pray the racetracks and state racing jurisdictions nationwide get the resolve to finally fight and rid themselves of all these creeps. Wanna increase the sports interest --- throw out the creeps and cheaters.

We know who they are and so do they.

Stillriledup
06-29-2015, 07:02 PM
"someone has it in for him"

:D

proximity
06-29-2015, 07:13 PM
"someone has it in for him"

who exactly that is, is maybe the question....

did you notice anything strange about the linked article??? :confused:

Stillriledup
06-29-2015, 07:54 PM

No, didnt notice.

castaway01
06-29-2015, 08:05 PM

You're not asking us to feel bad for Juan Vazquez, are you?

Tall One
06-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Scott Lake is second in the standings, or Vazquez' wife is supposedly his vet?

taxicab
06-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Florida or Monmouth......here comes Juan.
And why does Alan Pincus ring a bell(besides his defending of the Seaboard Slime) ?

Shemp Howard
06-29-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm sure Penn National would welcome him with open arms.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a stable full of $5,000 claimers NW of 2 races lifetime that they need.

And he's already been banned there for life for all sorts of shenanigans.

Maybe they believe in second chances?:eek:

HalvOnHorseracing
06-29-2015, 08:31 PM
I think if you get fired you have the right to know why, even if they are within their rights to can you. I would also admit to some puzzlement about why the public shouldn't know.

I believe Garcia and Lake were multiple positives in PA and MD for Stanozolol, a steroid used therapeutically in failure to thrive cases. And if anyone is waiting for me to defend Garcia and Lake, I checked into their positives for Stanozolol as best as I could and determined both were pushing the envelope with the use of Stanozolol. They were looking for an edge and got caught. No story on my blog.

You might remember when many trainers used Stanozolol, at the time legal and marketed as Winstrol, with the most notable instance being Rick Dutrow injecting Big Brown before the Derby. RCI pushed hard to ban Winstrol to the point where the manufacturer discontinued production of the drug. It is only available now through compounding pharmacies. RCI also is pushing all jurisdictions to adopt zero tolerance for Stanozolol which Maryland did.

Now if you want my opinion about zero-tolerance standards....

cj
06-30-2015, 12:05 AM
I think if you get fired you have the right to know why, even if they are within their rights to can you. I would also admit to some puzzlement about why the public shouldn't know.

I believe Garcia and Lake were multiple positives in PA and MD for Stanozolol, a steroid used therapeutically in failure to thrive cases. And if anyone is waiting for me to defend Garcia and Lake, I checked into their positives for Stanozolol as best as I could and determined both were pushing the envelope with the use of Stanozolol. They were looking for an edge and got caught. No story on my blog.

You might remember when many trainers used Stanozolol, at the time legal and marketed as Winstrol, with the most notable instance being Rick Dutrow injecting Big Brown before the Derby. RCI pushed hard to ban Winstrol to the point where the manufacturer discontinued production of the drug. It is only available now through compounding pharmacies. RCI also is pushing all jurisdictions to adopt zero tolerance for Stanozolol which Maryland did.

Now if you want my opinion about zero-tolerance standards....

He didn't get fired because he isn't employed by the racetrack.

Robert Fischer
06-30-2015, 12:10 AM
Scott Lake is second in the standings, or Vazquez' wife is supposedly his vet?

Lake is 1st now.

Stillriledup
06-30-2015, 02:08 AM
I'm sure Penn National would welcome him with open arms.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a stable full of $5,000 claimers NW of 2 races lifetime that they need.

And he's already been banned there for life for all sorts of shenanigans.

Maybe they believe in second chances?:eek:

Training beside you
Here in the dark
Hiding workouts at 4am

Softly you whisper
You're so sincere
How could the judges be so blind

Penn national comes to Juan
With Oooooooopen Aaaaarms
Please come train at out track

SING IT TO THEM SHEMP!!

proximity
06-30-2015, 03:32 AM
Training beside you
Here in the dark
Hiding workouts at 4am

Softly you whisper
You're so sincere

SING IT TO THEM SHEMP!!

nice song sru!!

I wondered when penn national was going to mail me my ejection letter, but then I remembered that they basically did with the silly source market fee the other year. :bang:

ttt 4 mid atlantic racing!! :blush:

reckless
06-30-2015, 07:10 AM
Lake is 1st now.

Alan Pincus is (or was) Scott Lake's lawyer too. Been that way for many years.

I am pretty sure, but not 100 per cent, that Pincus was Burton Sipp's lawyer oh so many years ago.

HalvOnHorseracing
06-30-2015, 09:41 AM
He didn't get fired because he isn't employed by the racetrack.

It was analogous to make a point. I actually knew trainers aren't employed by the track.

GatetoWire
06-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Poor Pincus

Robert Fischer
06-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Alan Pincus is (or was) Scott Lake's lawyer too. Been that way for many years.

I am pretty sure, but not 100 per cent, that Pincus was Burton Sipp's lawyer oh so many years ago.

When someone has it in for one of the trainers, you need an educated man such as Pincus to protect their rights...

cj
06-30-2015, 10:17 AM
It was analogous to make a point. I actually knew trainers aren't employed by the track.

In my opinion he doesn't deserve anything.

Saw this today:

"Trainer Juan Vazquez is now banned at Delaware Park, Penn National, Charlestown, Pimlico & Laurel. But he's still training horses."

Saratoga_Mike
06-30-2015, 10:20 AM

Saw this today:

"Trainer Juan Vazquez is now banned at Delaware Park, Penn National, Charlestown, Pimlico & Laurel. But he's still training horses."

You're wasting your time - Halv is an apologist for everything that is wrong with racing, and he doesn't even realize it.

Robert Fischer
06-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Vazquez has worn out his welcome in many of these tracks.
It is time for him to 'mentor' an exercise rider or assistant who are ready to become a new trainer at those same tracks.

cj
06-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Vazquez has worn out his welcome in many of these tracks.
It is time for him to 'mentor' an exercise rider or assistant who are ready to become a new trainer at those same tracks.

His wife should just take over. That seems to be a trend these days, wives and girlfriends taking over and winning like they've been training all their lives.

Robert Fischer
06-30-2015, 10:31 AM
His wife should just take over. That seems to be a trend these days, wives and girlfriends taking over and winning like they've been training all their lives.

She would be a perfect fit. If she is the vet, she's already familiar with maintaining healthy, happy, horses.

Stillriledup
06-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Maybe Lisa Guerrero is available to lend her name, she's big into helping out guys named Juan.

Tall One
06-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Lake is 1st now.

Touché.. :D

Kash$
06-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Vasquez could always go undercover..

Dutrow wears a blond wig.

HalvOnHorseracing
06-30-2015, 01:01 PM
You're wasting your time - Halv is an apologist for everything that is wrong with racing, and he doesn't even realize it.

What is wrong with racing in your opinion?

I think management is underwhelming. I'm not an apologist for that.

I think racing commissions are populated with pollitical appointees who are often inexperienced and lacking the kind of knowledge you need to make critical decisions. I'm not an apologist for that.

I think racing commissions do not attack real problems like the take being too high. I'm not an apologist for that.

I think racing commissions spend an absurd amount of money finding violations which hardly constitute real performance enhancement and an absurdly small amount of money finding the real cheats. I'm not an apologist for that.

I think racing commissions are incompetent when it comes to investigating medication/drug violations, and that is not in the best interest of horseplayers and trainers. I'm not an apologist for that.

If you mean that I think any person charged with a violation should get real due process, but often does not, well I suppose that does bother me. If you mean I think the public has a right to know when a trainer like Vasquez gets summarily banned by a track, well that bothers me too. It doesn't mean I think Vasquez is not dirty. I should be surprised anyone might think I apologize for all drug violations, but I can only assume you've either not read of not comprehended my stuff. It means that I believe secret proceedings have no place in an essentially public entity. If you want to be ignorant of what the commissions do in secret, that's your right as an American. I think it is not right.

I wonder if you've actually read my stuff. Why is it so hard for people here to believe transparancy for racing at all levels is important? I'll bet you're one of those people who thinks stewards decisions on DQ's should be done so the public can see them, and if you are you are for transparancy. Why is it so hard for people to believe people like Joe Gorajec are screwing trainers unfairly? Why is it so hard to believe there are trainers trying to comply who get overpunished when there was obviously no intent to cheat and no real performance enhancement?

Apologist my ass. I think racing has a lot of problems, I just don't think they all begin and end with therapeutic drug violations. You think Chris Grove got what he deserved? I don't and that doesn't make me an apologist, it makes me an advocate for fairness and justice.

HalvOnHorseracing
06-30-2015, 01:11 PM

Saw this today:

We'll agree to disagree. I believe even the guiltiest deserve full due process and I believe the public has a right to be able to judge that the guilty were given that due process. Trust me. If you got caught up in the legal system, you'd scream for due process. The fact it is a clearly guilty trainer does not mean we throw the rules out the window.

cj
06-30-2015, 01:42 PM
We'll agree to disagree. I believe even the guiltiest deserve full due process and I believe the public has a right to be able to judge that the guilty were given that due process. Trust me. If you got caught up in the legal system, you'd scream for due process. The fact it is a clearly guilty trainer does not mean we throw the rules out the window.

I agree the public should be told why. The problem with due process in racing is that it takes too long. In many cases it will allow bettors to continue to be fleeced for months on end. If a track thinks a trainer is bad for business, I have no problem with said trainer being banned.

Stillriledup
06-30-2015, 02:34 PM

Here's the problem w due process. The problem is that bettors don't get due process. Bettors can't recover lost funds if they ran 2nd and the winner came up juiced. so if I can't get due process as a bettor why should cheats get due process as trainers?

Cholly
06-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Here's the problem w due process. The problem is that bettors don't get due process. Bettors can't recover lost funds if they ran 2nd and the winner came up juiced. so if I can't get due process as a bettor why should cheats get due process as trainers?
what SRU says

and double up on the "transparency" Mr. H referred to; trainers are supposed to get all of that they want but bettors get none.

cj
06-30-2015, 02:54 PM
what SRU says

He just copied me again. :)

proximity
06-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Training beside you
Here in the dark
Hiding workouts at 4am

Softly you whisper
You're so sincere

SING IT TO THEM SHEMP!!

speaking of racing songs, i hear pen is in negotiations with a former super trainer to sing a special edition of alicia keys' girl on fire that will be called clothes on fire:

oh, o,o,o she's got his clothes on the ground
and she's burning them down
o, ohhh, o-o win percents in the clouds
but they're now coming down.... :faint: :faint: :faint:

HalvOnHorseracing
06-30-2015, 11:22 PM
I agree the public should be told why. The problem with due process in racing is that it takes too long. In many cases it will allow bettors to continue to be fleeced for months on end. If a track thinks a trainer is bad for business, I have no problem with said trainer being banned.

I couldn't agree more that things take too long. Samples should be back in five business days max, and depending on the severity of the violation hearings should be held from two weeks to a month after notification. Part of the problem is that racing commissions are part time, with many jurisdictions not meeting more than once a month. They have other jobs and cannot devote much time to the commission. It is also a problem that the lawyers want time to prepare, which is true in regular criminal cases too. I also have no issue with a trainer being banned for being bad for business as long as the commission has a documented case. I am just as scared of people like Joe Gorajec who runs Indiana like Pol Pot ran Cambodia (a little hyperbole but not much). Like any powerful despot, bringing things to the light makes it harder for them to be arbitrary.

As for the bettors getting screwed, perhaps the fines levied should go to the bettors instead of the commission, or maybe to more backstretch cameras, or hiring better investigative staff. Even so you don't solve that problem by denying the trainer due process, especially since due process in horseracing is close to a joke anyway.

HalvOnHorseracing
06-30-2015, 11:26 PM

I'm guessing deep down you already know the answer.

HalvOnHorseracing
06-30-2015, 11:28 PM
what SRU says

and double up on the "transparency" Mr. H referred to; trainers are supposed to get all of that they want but bettors get none.

The public is supposed to get the transparancy. We're the mushrooms in this drama.

Cholly
07-01-2015, 10:16 AM
The public is supposed to get the transparancy. We're the mushrooms in this drama.
You got that right, Brother!

Millpond68
07-01-2015, 11:45 AM
You don't push security guards, and ask if they know who you are.This was the last episode for Fasey

Stillriledup
09-14-2015, 02:46 AM
This guy is running a horse at Parx? :bang:

Valuist
09-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Poor Pincus

LOL. Someone said earlier the name Pincus rang a bell. I guess only hardcore Seinfeld fans would know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFtjgfaYqRE

Robert Fischer
09-14-2015, 12:38 PM
This guy is running a horse at Parx? :bang:

he ran one on june 29 (day of this thread), and has run 26 times after that at parx since 6/29.

Stillriledup
09-14-2015, 01:40 PM
he ran one on june 29 (day of this thread), and has run 26 times after that at parx since 6/29.

The DRF has dashes next to his name, so according to that, these are his first entrants at Parx.

Robert Fischer
09-14-2015, 02:14 PM
I've got him as (62 7-8-10 11% 40%) for the Parx meet with 26 starts since being banned from Delaware Park or 6/29/15.

cj
09-14-2015, 02:23 PM
I've got him as (62 7-8-10 11% 40%) for the Parx meet with 26 starts since being banned from Delaware Park or 6/29/15.

We've got nothing for him, sure it is the same guy?

no breathalyzer
09-14-2015, 02:27 PM
maybe beard trainer?

Robert Fischer
09-14-2015, 02:32 PM
It's him.

cj
09-14-2015, 02:41 PM
It's him.

Has to be an Equibase issue that nobody has info on him in PPs.

castaway01
09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Has to be an Equibase issue that nobody has info on him in PPs.

Equibase has him as Juan C. Vazquez---could that be the issue?

His stats for the year at Parx are 65 starts, 8 wins, 9 seconds, 10 thirds.

Robert Fischer
09-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Juan C. Vazquez wears sunglasses.

onefast99
09-14-2015, 04:10 PM
I've got him as (62 7-8-10 11% 40%) for the Parx meet with 26 starts since being banned from Delaware Park or 6/29/15.Staying low key with those stats.

cj
09-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Equibase has him as Juan C. Vazquez---could that be the issue?

His stats for the year at Parx are 65 starts, 8 wins, 9 seconds, 10 thirds.

They had the wrong Juan C. Vazquez:

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=People&searchType=T&eID=953642

That is the one that was sent with PP data. It was clearly not the right one.

no breathalyzer
09-14-2015, 08:17 PM
add bake shop to stable mail..;)

Dr Gonzo
09-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Somebody with this name won the 3rd race at Parx today with a FTS paying $19.20. :confused:

cj
09-15-2015, 04:39 PM
It was him.

NorCalGreg
09-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Poor Pincus

hahahahahahahahaha

GtW.......are we the only 2 that get that?

Poor Pincus......Poor little pincus :D :D :D :D :D

tophatmert
09-15-2015, 07:35 PM
hahahahahahahahaha

GtW.......are we the only 2 that get that?

Poor Pincus......Poor little pincus :D :D :D :D :D

Last summer I am golfing in a threesome ,the twosome behind us keeps wanting to play through even though they are really going nowhere. I finally recognize one of the guys as the local dry cleaner -tailor guy and we let him play through. His first drive goes about 100 yards and when he gets to it he looks at his golf GPS on his Iphone ,as he is looking at his phone a ball comes screaming from the other fairway and hits him and his phone on the fly . My buddy screams out Pincus ... poor little Pincus. Pincus gets up and yells back at us "what the f... are you takin about!"

rastajenk
09-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Maybe it was his first start at a new meet. Did all the other trainer/jockey stats revert to zero?

cj
09-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Maybe it was his first start at a new meet. Did all the other trainer/jockey stats revert to zero?

No, it was just a mistake by Equibase.

Dr Gonzo
09-16-2015, 09:51 AM
Maybe they thought it was that coffee guy ?

http://cdn1.buuteeq.com/upload/5914/costa-rica-coffee-for-juan-valdez.png.332x332_default.png

NorCalGreg
09-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Last summer I am golfing in a threesome ,the twosome behind us keeps wanting to play through even though they are really going nowhere. I finally recognize one of the guys as the local dry cleaner -tailor guy and we let him play through. His first drive goes about 100 yards and when he gets to it he looks at his golf GPS on his Iphone ,as he is looking at his phone a ball comes screaming from the other fairway and hits him and his phone on the fly . My buddy screams out Pincus ... poor little Pincus. Pincus gets up and yells back at us "what the f... are you takin about!"

love it!! :lol:

NorCalGreg
09-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Maybe they thought it was that coffee guy ?

Being from Cali and not playing the NY tracks I never heard of Vasquez...my first thought was the same-- "why would they ban the coffee guy"? Further, is he even Latino? He looks more Irish than I do.

Your avatar is cool btw, Gonzo.

Dr Gonzo
09-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Being from Cali and not playing the NY tracks I never heard of Vasquez...my first thought was the same-- "why would they ban the coffee guy"? Further, is he even Latino? He looks more Irish than I do.

Your avatar is cool btw, Gonzo.

Just looked up his picture. He does look Irish ! If you put a white cable knit sweater on him, he could pass for a member of the Clancy Brothers. :)

After reading of his exploits in Delaware & Maryland, Pennsylvania should be ashamed of allowing him at PARX.

Glad you like the avatar. I stole it from the late Hunter S.Thompson.