PDA

View Full Version : Dave's New FREE Software, Part II

Dave Schwartz
06-29-2015, 02:22 PM
The design phase of this software is moving along nicely, though a little slower than I expected.

Had the primary Handifast developer spend the weekend in Reno with me and we spent many hours discussing future development. Kind of ironic that, as I helped him I wound up working through a couple of design issues of my own.

In order to make this software all the potential users want it to be, I have decided to start a FOCUS GROUP.

If you have any interest, please email me with the subject: FOCUS GROUP" and I will add you to the list. Here are the requirements:

1. You are a horse bettor.
You'd be amazed how many people I get that just want to know more about racing (mostly women) without any interest in ever making a wager. Usually they are horse lovers. Many think that betting is vulgar.

2. You play at least "occasionally."
This means you are not a "Roses & Cup" player only. That is, if you only play the Kentucky Derby and Breeder's Cup weekends, you are simply not the guy (or girl) that should be helping to guide product/software development.

3. You are willing to receive, read (and occasionally respond) to emails I send to the focus group and/or my general mailing list.

4. You have to not be a "Hater."
What would be the purpose?

4. You are open to discussing more than just the current software project.
I may ask for feedback on other product ideas as well.

That's it for requirements.

There are a few benefits, though none are directly monetary. Remember that this is not a JOB and you will not have demands placed upon you or your time. There are no assignments and no homework.

You get an opportunity to help design the products that you (might) wind up using.

Beginning in 2 weeks, there will be some open call-in times to discuss personal handicapping questions and issues via Skype-to-Skype calls (free stuff only). Call time will be limited, and is done on a first-come, first-serve basis. (Please note that this is not an invite for hours of personal coaching.)

I will think of some other ways to say, "Thank You," I am sure. (Perhaps we could discuss THAT. -- LOL)

Anyway, if you are interested, please email me at DaveSchwReno@gmail.com.

It would be helpful if you added "FOCUS GROUP" as the topic.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz