PDA

View Full Version : Simon Bray

Tall One
06-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Watching TVG, and it's been disclosed that Mr. Bray has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma cancer. Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during his care and treatment.

TVG has set up a foundation and will match all donations up to $10,000.

Shelby
06-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Thank you for starting a thread. I was just coming to do so.

My prayers and thoughts are with Simon and his family. He has a young son and a daughter on the way in the next month. May healing light shine over Simon. Like Matt said, "Simon is a tough son-of-a-bitch and if anyone can fight this, he can".

In reading a bit about this type of cancer, it can cause back pain and even bone breakage which is what happened to him. He has had to wear a type of cast that looks horribly uncomfortable. I hope that heals very quickly so that he can begin his treatment.

We're behind you, Simon!!!!!

upthecreek
06-27-2015, 01:58 PM
http://support.themmrf.org/site/TR?pg=fund&fr_id=1040&pxfid=36850

mannyberrios
06-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Prayers going

nijinski
06-27-2015, 04:15 PM
My thoughts and prayers for him at this tough time !

Shemp Howard
06-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,

You are the One we turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant Simon in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness
from his body.

All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ (http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersforspecificneeds/a/salvationprayer.htm).

Amen.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Good man that has my utmost respect.

ALL my best Simon.

Augenj
06-27-2015, 05:49 PM
The next time we get our panties in a bunch about the various issues in horse racing, let's put things in perspective by thinking about Simon's issues. The guy knows his horses and I hope his treatments work out. :ThmbUp:

Tom
06-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear that.
Simon is OK in my book. :ThmbUp:

NY BRED
06-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,

You are the One we turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant Simon in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness
from his body.

All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ (http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersforspecificneeds/a/salvationprayer.htm).

Amen.

AMEN

judd
06-28-2015, 10:12 AM
8 yrs

jballscalls
06-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Thank you for starting a thread. I was just coming to do so.

My prayers and thoughts are with Simon and his family. He has a young son and a daughter on the way in the next month. May healing light shine over Simon. Like Matt said, "Simon is a tough son-of-a-bitch and if anyone can fight this, he can".

In reading a bit about this type of cancer, it can cause back pain and even bone breakage which is what happened to him. He has had to wear a type of cast that looks horribly uncomfortable. I hope that heals very quickly so that he can begin his treatment.

We're behind you, Simon!!!!!

My uncle Mel has Multiple Myeloma as well and it's a bear of a disease. He was a baseball player and coach all his life so he's in great shape which has helped him survive so long with it (14 years) but it's starting to get to him. A couple weeks ago he was swinging a golf club and broke some ribs.

I had the pleasure of meeting Simon at Emerald Downs once and he couldn't have been nicer. Definitely pulling for him.

GMB@BP
06-28-2015, 01:04 PM
This was rough news. I have not seen him in a number of years but the times I was with him he was a super nice guy. Hope he is able to to control the disease the best he can.

Racey
06-28-2015, 11:56 PM
I have experience with this type as my Father died from multiple myeloma...it took him after a long battle

taxicab
06-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Not good.
Hoping for the best for Simon.

upthecreek
06-30-2015, 12:57 PM
I just got an email from Racetrack Warriors,they are having a hc contest July 4th-100% of the entry fees go to Simon Bray

Vinnie
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Warmest thoughts and well wishes out to Simon Bray and his family. May God Bless you and your family. :) Take Good care and get well Simon. :)

castaway01
06-30-2015, 02:27 PM
That's a bad one to have. I wish Simon all the best in the fight ahead.

Bullet Plane
06-30-2015, 05:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Simon and his family.

thespaah
06-30-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm speechless. While I have never had the privilege of meeting him, seems like one of the good guys.
I will keep him in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Racey
07-01-2015, 07:42 PM
As I stated earlier lost my father to MM. Some versions are faster than others and no cure.....Tough brings it back.

upthecreek
07-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I just got an email from Racetrack Warriors,they are having a hc contest July 4th-100% of the entry fees go to Simon Bray

All Entry fees for Saturdays contest.
The Simon Bray Open will be donated*to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation in Simons Name bit.ly/supportsimon*
Race Track Warriors consistent with its giving back philosophy,
will*sponsor one entry into the Warriors Summer Challenge
for the Winner of the*game.

Grits
07-02-2015, 05:58 PM
By a great amount, to me, Simon Bray has long been TVG's finest asset. Learning of the battle, the ordeal, he is now facing is heartbreaking.

NBC news anchor, journalist and author, Tom Brokaw, in his recently released, "A Lucky Life Interrupted: A Memoir Of Hope" shares in detail his fight, beginning in 2013, with Multiple Myeloma.

I've not read his book, but I watched Brokaw's documentary when aired only days ago.

I hope that someone will direct Simon to this remarkable and honest look at another's fight against this horrible cancer.

Illness is the hardest thing we face in life. My son was transported to Duke over a week ago. We were released and got to come home last night. Chronic or catastrophic--it makes no difference, it all hurts, it all is frightening. In Simon's plight, he needs all the care, support, and prayers we can offer.

God is with you, Simon Bray. So are others, many that you don't even know.

Prayers. :(

EMD4ME
07-02-2015, 06:16 PM
By a great amount, to me, Simon Bray has long been TVG's finest asset. Learning of the battle, the ordeal, he is now facing is heartbreaking.

NBC news anchor, journalist and author, Tom Brokaw, in his recently released, "A Lucky Life Interrupted: A Memoir Of Hope" shares in detail his fight, beginning in 2013, with Multiple Myeloma.

I've not read his book, but I watched Brokaw's documentary when aired only days ago.

I hope that someone will direct Simon to this remarkable and honest look at another's fight against this horrible cancer.

Illness is the hardest thing we face in life. My son was transported to Duke over a week ago. We were released and got to come home last night. Chronic or catastrophic--it makes no difference, it all hurts, it all is frightening. In Simon's plight, he needs all the care, support, and prayers we can offer.

God is with you, Simon Bray. So are others, many that you don't even know.

Prayers. :(

Ditto :(

Grits
07-04-2015, 04:03 PM
I'm back at this again because it is bothering me so that this man has been diagnosed with this horrible cancer. He has babies at home. :(

I read the organization's mission. http://www.themmrf.org/ That funds are being raised in Simon's name for research within the organization, and that TVG will match those funds up to 10K, correct?

The cost of the drugs, alone, that will treat this cancer, are astronomical. And too, one remains on cancer drugs when the treatments are completed. Even with sound insurance coverage/plan, all of this will not be covered. There's no way.

60 Minutes--did a piece two weeks ago on cancer drugs that were costing patients as much as 10-15K per month. This was something Tom Brokaw alluded to in his documentary prior to the 60 Minutes telecast. The cost of the treatments, the drugs. This doesn't even begin to consider--out of work for a long period of time. Brokaw is a very wealthy man, he was able to handle all of this. Simon Bray is not, or at least, I don't believe he's as wealthy as Brokaw. I could be wrong.

Maybe I'm not clear on all of this, or the organization's protocol, but I wish that a move had been set up to direct funds raised/donated to only Simon's care and to his family.

I ask this because my niece's brother in law, who I adore, is only 31 and he has stage 4 Testicular Cancer that has reached his abdomen, his lymph nodes. He's been undergoing, five day a week chemo therapy treatments at Duke since April, and the cost is beyond comprehension even with BCBS. His friends established a GoFundMe account to help Greg, even if for a few thousand. Prayers for Simon, and for Greg.

Stillriledup
11-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Glad to see Simon back on the air. :ThmbUp:

pandy
11-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Glad to see Simon back on the air. :ThmbUp:

Yes, and he looked terrific, good to see.

theiman
01-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Was listening to a So Cal horse show, while in my car this morning, and Mike Joyce, of TVG, mentioned that Simon Bray will be off the TVG show until March or April. He apparently is starting his Stem Cell treatment for Multiple Myeloma.

Lets hope all works out well for him.

Donttellmeshowme
01-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Was listening to a So Cal horse show, while in my car this morning, and Mike Joyce, of TVG, mentioned that Simon Bray will be off the TVG show until March or April. He apparently is starting his Stem Cell treatment for Multiple Myeloma.

Lets hope all works out well for him.

Best of Luck to Simon

SandyW
01-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Come back stronger then ever Simon, we are all praying for you.

Wickel
01-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Good luck Simon. Hope to see on the set soon.

cj
01-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Extremely nice guy to meet in person, wish him nothing but the best.

Canarsie
01-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I along with countless others pray for Simon to have a speedy recovery when he beats Multiple Myeloma . He's tough as nails and has the right attitude to disqualify this disease and return to the tvg set.

I'm sure his support reaches around the globe and with people like that in his corner he has the first step up kicking Multiple Myeloma as*.

Tom
01-04-2016, 10:55 AM
He's one guy even I can't complain about - hope all goes well for him.

johnhannibalsmith
01-04-2016, 11:01 AM
He's one guy even I can't complain about - hope all goes well for him.

Certainly agreed.

Vinman
01-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Simon is my fave TVGer by open lengths. In addition to his abiilty to impart his vast knowledge of this game, I can't get enough of his spot on rendition of track snnouncer "Mike Corona". Come back soon!

Vinman