PDA

View Full Version : thye can't catch her

thespaah
06-26-2015, 03:13 PM
SO I tune into TVG. They cut to Monmouth. There is a delay....for the last 20 mins...why? Apparently the :1: reared, dumped the rider and now does not want to be caught.
As of 3:10 pm the outriders and others are trying to catch this horse.
Oh well. Horses can be pretty stubborn.
Since horses always think they are starving to death, I would have sent somebody for a hand full of carrots. I'd have caught her.
After a 24 minute delay, they caught the horse.

onefast99
06-26-2015, 03:45 PM
SO I tune into TVG. They cut to Monmouth. There is a delay....for the last 20 mins...why? Apparently the :1: reared, dumped the rider and now does not want to be caught.
As of 3:10 pm the outriders and others are trying to catch this horse.
Oh well. Horses can be pretty stubborn.
Since horses always think they are starving to death, I would have sent somebody for a hand full of carrots. I'd have caught her.
After a 24 minute delay, they caught the horse.
Last summer they had two get loose before the last race at MP the 8 horse dumped the rider and ran all over the track for 15 minutes then the 7 dropped the rider and ended up in the parking lot. I give the outriders a lot of credit once the horse is moving at full throttle they are tough to catch.

Stillriledup
06-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Thats the record, never seen one go so long before being caught.

Wheres phil salzman when you need him AND THEYRE NOT GOING TO GET HER TODAY!!

therussmeister
06-26-2015, 06:19 PM
In the old days at Canterbury they caught one in the neighboring corn field.

Brogan
06-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Thats the record, never seen one go so long before being caught.

Wheres phil salzman when you need him AND THEYRE NOT GOING TO GET HER TODAY!!
They were in a tough spot, they were lucky in the sense that they had the horse contained in the chute, but all the other horses for the race were back there too. They couldn't get too aggressive without triggering mass chaos.

That being said, it was kind of funny watching them...every time someone got close the horse just said, "Nope" and moved away.

Stillriledup
06-26-2015, 07:14 PM
They were in a tough spot, they were lucky in the sense that they had the horse contained in the chute, but all the other horses for the race were back there too. They couldn't get too aggressive without triggering mass chaos.

That being said, it was kind of funny watching them...every time someone got close the horse just said, "Nope" and moved away.
That was interesting to watch. Kudos to all that were out there trying to catch her, they had patience which was very important. Good job by them.

Brogan
06-26-2015, 08:11 PM
That was interesting to watch. Kudos to all that were out there trying to catch her, they had patience which was very important. Good job by them.
Overall, the Monmouth outriders and gate crew do an outstanding job.

thespaah
06-26-2015, 08:13 PM
The idea is obviously to not spook the horse. They kept the horse calm and contained. All parties unaffected....