PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist attack in France

DJofSD
06-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Count so far is 21 killed. 1 terrorist killed and 1 victim beheaded.

Greyfox
06-26-2015, 10:05 AM
That is what happens when people with a mindset from the 7 th Century follow a text from that period literally and have 21 st Century weapons available.
Unfortunately, it is estimated that there are over two hundred million of these primitive thinkers.
That sort of savagery is sad and my blood boils thinking about it.
God Bless the victims.

davew
06-26-2015, 10:30 AM
over 27 dead so far, 6 injured

classhandicapper
06-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Sensible immigration can be a good thing. However, the idealistic governments of Europe thought it was a good idea to allow significant immigration of underskilled and undereducated people whose values were diametrically opposed to their own into their countries.

How it's possible for sentient beings to think that's a good idea is beyond me.

They made their bed.

I feel really sorry for the victims of the violence yet to come and for the very fact that many will have to live in fear, change their lives, or eventually choose to leave.

Tom
06-26-2015, 10:34 AM
It is more important, Class, that we not offend anyone.
If it takes living with attacks like this and a few dead here and there, so be it.

No one would ever want to offend a muslim, now would they?

Will Obama call this workplace violence?

DJofSD
06-26-2015, 10:39 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-33287095

Robert Goren
06-26-2015, 11:35 AM
John McCain is currently on the Senate floor calling on Obama to send troops to France to the spread of Islamic terrorism across the European Union.

Tom
06-26-2015, 11:44 AM
As long as Johnnie leads the charge, go for it.
Until then, sit down and shut up, old man.

Will someone please tape this geezers mouth shut?

classhandicapper
06-26-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm going to try to raise enough money to build something along the lines of "Old Friends" where old senators and congress people can go to retire. Each will get a plaque summarizing their biggest accomplishments and school children will be able to visit see them. McCain will be the first retiree. It's a good 10 years overdue.

Robert Goren
06-26-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm going to try to raise enough money to build something along the lines of "Old Friends" where old senators and congress people can go to retire. Each will get a plaque summarizing their biggest accomplishments and school children will be able to visit see them. McCain will be the first retiree. It's a good 10 years overdue.Did you vote for him or Obama 7 years ago?

Saratoga_Mike
06-26-2015, 12:40 PM
As long as Johnnie leads the charge, go for it.
Until then, sit down and shut up, old man.

Will someone please tape this geezers mouth shut?

I thought you supported a muscular policy against terrorism? And no offense, but I'd take John McCain in a fox hole next to me over you any day (and you would presumably take him over me) - it's kind of hard to question his guts.

Tom
06-26-2015, 12:53 PM
I thought you supported a muscular policy against terrorism? And no offense, but I'd take John McCain in a fox hole next to me over you any day (and you would presumably take him over me) - it's kind of hard to question his guts.

His guts are fine, his brains and mouth are the problem
Why sent our troops to France to solve THEIR problem?
Let French soldiers die fighting.

We have nukes, no need to have boots on the ground.

JustRalph
06-26-2015, 12:55 PM

It's his mind that is the problem. Not his guts

Robert Goren
06-26-2015, 01:08 PM
His guts are fine, his brains and mouth are the problem
Why sent our troops to France to solve THEIR problem?
Let French soldiers die fighting.

We have nukes, no need to have boots on the ground. The French have nukes too or at least they use to.

classhandicapper
06-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Did you vote for him or Obama 7 years ago?

I voted for Ron Paul. I believe in the constitution, free markets, a small federal government, hard currency, sound banking, and limited involvement overseas.

I'm not capable of the emotion of hate (anger yes, but not hate). Both McCain and Obama test that claim on a weekly basis, though Obama is winning. Obama makes my short list of most likely to be the anti-Christ.

Tom
06-26-2015, 01:20 PM
The French have nukes too or at least they use to.

And no balls.
Not that we have any anymore, after Obama made it clear that we would never defend ourselves under his watch.

elysiantraveller
06-26-2015, 01:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm dead!

Tom
06-26-2015, 01:21 PM
I voted for Ron Paul. I believe in the constitution, free markets, a small federal government, hard currency, sound banking, and limited involvement overseas.

Man, are you in the wrong country.

Saratoga_Mike
06-26-2015, 01:33 PM
It's his mind that is the problem. Not his guts

It's how Tom phrased his post. I agree with your assessment.

Tom
06-26-2015, 01:36 PM
My goal to offend people.
I have to be that way to offset the nonsense from the left.

classhandicapper
06-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Man, are you in the wrong country.

That's what I've been saying in this forum for years.

The problem is that the left has essentially destroyed the entire free world if you have a long term perspective. I'm homeless unless the south secedes again...with a different flag of course. ;)

LottaKash
06-26-2015, 03:29 PM
That's what I've been saying in this forum for years.

The problem is that the left has essentially destroyed the entire free world if you have a long term perspective. I'm homeless unless the south secedes again...with a different flag of course. ;)

A New World Order..... :jump: :jump: :jump: :

sam4022
06-28-2015, 09:24 AM
Sensible immigration can be a good thing. However, the idealistic governments of Europe thought it was a good idea to allow significant immigration of underskilled and undereducated people whose values were diametrically opposed to their own into their countries.

They made their bed.

I feel really sorry for the victims of the violence yet to come and for the very fact that many will have to live in fear, change their lives, or eventually choose to leave.
--------

I agree 100%.

As a Cancer survivor I view ISIS as the disease metastasized into human form. I’m short a lung but the Cancer has been gone for 10+ years because I was diagnosed on a Friday and decided for surgery on Saturday. The same must be done with ISIS regardless of political correctness or whom we offend. Hopefully there’s still time for an effective decision otherwise we just accept the medicine and die a slow but inevitable death.

Robert Goren
06-28-2015, 10:10 AM

I'm not capable of the emotion of hate (anger yes, but not hate). Both McCain and Obama test that claim on a weekly basis, though Obama is winning. Obama makes my short list of most likely to be the anti-Christ.Sound like you would be at home in any number of African country that are being ripped apart by tribal warfare and foreign involvement in their affairs. There are at least a half dozen countries in Africa that have tried the small federal government model only find it is an open invitation for its neighbors to invade their country and for various regions of the country to engage in war with each other.

DJofSD
06-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Sound like you would be at home in any number of African country that are being ripped apart by tribal warfare and foreign involvement in their affairs. There are at least a half dozen countries in Africa that have tried the small federal government model only find it is an open invitation for its neighbors to invade their country and for various regions of the country to engage in war with each other.
I guess he left off his list the rule of law and providing for the common defense.

Tom
06-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Sound like you would be at home in any number of African country that are being ripped apart by tribal warfare and foreign involvement in their affairs. There are at least a half dozen countries in Africa that have tried the small federal government model only find it is an open invitation for its neighbors to invade their country and for various regions of the country to engage in war with each other.

This ain't Africa, Bobby.
Those so-called nations in Africa would be states, or even cities here.
You comparison is ridiculous.

Robert Goren
06-28-2015, 10:22 AM

They made their bed.

I feel really sorry for the victims of the violence yet to come and for the very fact that many will have to live in fear, change their lives, or eventually choose to leave.The problem in Europe today has more to do with people fleeing their own countries to escape the violence, oppression and civil war back home. The immigrants are moving from a society that is basically been stuck in the 12th century to a modern world. It is very hard for the Europeans to send these refuges back to an almost certain death in their own countries.

Tom
06-28-2015, 12:02 PM
So let in and face probable death from them.
Good plan.

There is a good reason countries have borders.

sam4022
06-28-2015, 02:15 PM
If we don’t properly control our Northern and Southern borders why don’t we also eliminate the need for passports?

Greyfox
06-28-2015, 02:18 PM
My goal to offend people.

"I'm shocked. Shocked I say."

Tom
06-28-2015, 02:24 PM
If we don’t properly control our Northern and Southern borders why don’t we also eliminate the need for passports?

They cost money.
Even more than their desire to destroy the country, libs love other people's money.

JustRalph
06-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Sam, congrats on your victory.......... 10 yrs later makes a rare bird. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
06-28-2015, 04:51 PM
So let in and face probable death from them.
Good plan.

There is a good reason countries have borders.You have hit the nail on the head. That is the choice the European countries face. In Europe, the countries with biggest problem are the ones with the Mediterranean Sea as their southern border. It reminds me of the Cuban boatlift of 1980. Of course the number of refugees the Europeans face is much greater, but the moral dilemma is the same. Adding to the problem is that the Islamic extremists they are fleeing make Castro look like a piker. As I remember, we took in almost all of them(and still do). Only a few harden criminals that we could document got sent back.

Hank
06-28-2015, 05:56 PM

They made their bed.

This post illustrates with great accuracy why so much hatred and strife exist in this world.The arrogant myopic worldview exhibited here laughably completely overlooks the inconvenient truth that these wonderful "idealistic" Europeans it alludes to Invaded and colonized many of the countries these people immigrate from. Murdering many indigenous peoples and looting natural resources.But allowing some of "them" to "legally" immigrate to Europe is unthinkable for a "sentient being". Case in point Libya, was one of the more stable countries in Africa until asinine European/US military adventurism threw in into complete chaos and into the hands of ISIS and now they whine like babies about the resulting refuge crisis.

JustRalph
06-28-2015, 09:29 PM
This post illustrates with great accuracy why so much hatred and strife exist in this world.The arrogant myopic worldview exhibited here laughably completely overlooks the inconvenient truth that these wonderful "idealistic" Europeans it alludes to Invaded and colonized many of the countries these people immigrate from. Murdering many indigenous peoples and looting natural resources.But allowing some of "them" to "legally" immigrate to Europe is unthinkable for a "sentient being". Case in point Libya, was one of the more stable countries in Africa until asinine European/US military adventurism threw in into complete chaos and into the hands of ISIS and now they whine like babies about the resulting refuge crisis.

And all those invaders are dead. Big ****ing deal. Btw, often the British empire improved the conditions of those they invaded. This is a tired old argument that is worn.

horses4courses
06-28-2015, 09:41 PM
And all those invaders are dead. Big ****ing deal. Btw, often the British empire improved the conditions of those they invaded. This is a tired old argument that is worn.

At the same, you have stated before that you would like
to see the US expand it's influence around the globe.

What a potential disaster we might have there.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2015, 04:14 PM
At the same, you have stated before that you would like
to see the US expand it's influence around the globe.

What a potential disaster we might have there.As opposed to the awesomeness we have now...

Clocker
06-29-2015, 04:20 PM
As opposed to the awesomeness we have now...

Obama agrees with you:

People don’t remember, but when I came into office, the United States in world opinion ranked below China and just barley above Russia, and today once again, the United States is the most respected country on earth.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/01/obama-ive-restored-the-us-as-the-most-respected-country-in-the-world/

Saratoga_Mike
06-29-2015, 04:22 PM
As opposed to the awesomeness we have now...

We never put in place a long-term strategic foreign policy (Dems and Reps both guilty) - instead, it's almost a news-cycle-driven policy, shocking that it doesn't work.