PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor bought a new leach field for septic tank and they replaced mine instead!

Neumeier
06-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Ill explain this as briefly as I can because my knowledge in this area is zero

Neighbors septic didn't pass title 5 so they hired a company to come and completely replace the leach field. I noticed the workers were in our property down at the end of our lot. I checked deed and with a friend is assessors office. They did the work on my leach field/septic.

His leach field is only 30-40 feet away so I can understand the confusion. The neighbor said they are coming back I. A week to test it. I have no idea what is going to happen. Will they test ours? His?

Not sure if I should say something. It's definitely an expensive project.

Thoughts?

PaceAdvantage
06-24-2015, 10:28 AM
You don't seem to have much luck lately...although this might turn out to be a good thing in the end...

Neumeier
06-24-2015, 10:30 AM
You don't seem to have much luck lately...although this might turn out to be a good thing in the end...

Oh I think this is very lucky! We needed a new one. I like free!

JustRalph
06-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Is it a tank? or just an area graded or dug up?

TJDave
06-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Not sure if I should say something.

Seriously?

tucker6
06-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Maybe I am completely off base here, but I don't buy for one bit that you were unaware of what was happening when it was happening. If their drainfield was dying and was only 30-40 feet away from yours, chances are yours is/was dying too. I used to own a house with a tank and drainfield, and no other system is as important to your house than a working one. Anyone on my property near the drainfield had me front and center pointing out where it was so as to not have damage caused to it. For you to see people digging on your property in that area and not be concerned? I don't believe it unless you wanted a new drainfield for free.

Ocala Mike
06-24-2015, 06:49 PM
We were about to move in on my 3 acres down here when I was told the drain field was all clay, and would not pass for a permit. Had to have 30 piles of sand brought in at $75 a pile to build a septic mound. That was 20 years ago, and haven't had a single problem since (although the mound looks like an alien spaceship landing strip!).

Dahoss2002
06-25-2015, 03:06 AM
Is a "waste treatment system" with sprinklers an option?

Stillriledup
06-25-2015, 03:53 AM
Rule of thumb, always play dumb.