PDA

View Full Version : Sun weakens but we'll still have global warming

DJofSD
06-23-2015, 10:02 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jun/23/weak-sun-could-offset-some-global-warming-europe-us-study

Global warming in northern Europe and the eastern US could be partially offset in future winters because of the sun entering a weaker cycle similar to the one which enabled frost fairs to take place on the river Thames in the 17th and 18th century, according to new research.

However, the study said any potential weakening in solar activity would have only a small effect on temperature rises at a worldwide level, delaying the warming caused by emissions from cars, factories and power plants by around two years.

"I'm not dead yet!" - Month Python

tucker6
06-24-2015, 05:10 AM
more garbage. Climate science has more scientists of ill repute that all other disciplines combined.

Inner Dirt
06-24-2015, 07:49 AM
I find it comical how they claim a one degree hike in ocean temperature can cause all this ecological damage yet seasonally water temperatures can vary 20 degrees or more in the same areas.

boxcar
06-24-2015, 08:15 AM
This has to be bad news for the solar energy industry. :p

Tom
06-24-2015, 09:21 AM
0q6YWDm0GSU

Hoofless_Wonder
06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
more garbage. Climate science has more scientists of ill repute that all other disciplines combined.

I would argue the social and Christian "scientists" have the edge there. But maybe that's because I'm a recovering meteorologist/climatologist from my Air Force days back in the '80s.....

classhandicapper
06-25-2015, 11:06 AM
The left is it's own worst enemy when it comes to climate change. When you endlessly scream "the sky is falling" it better fall otherwise no one will listen to you even when you do have a good point to make. Every dire prediction they've made so far has been wrong. So how can any thoughtful person trust anything they say? You'd have to go back to school and learn the science for yourself to figure out how much is the truth, how much is political spin, how much is fear mongering to promote action, and what is simply incorrect use of data?