PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Harty and Godolphin

zico20
06-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Godolphin Stables In Stitches, a 3 yr old 1st time starter, out of Medaglia d' oro and trained by Harty made her debut today and ran dead last. She was eased in the stretch and officially lost by 43 and a half lengths. She went off as the 4-5 favorite. The amazing part was that the race was at Fairmount Park. Who on here says Fairmount can't attract top trainers and owners. :D

The trifecta paid a whopping 260 and the super 1100 for a 6 horse field. This horse was either going to win for fun or not finish. There most likely wasn't going to be any in between.

letswastemoney
06-23-2015, 08:52 PM
He gets good horses, but that trainer isn't that great. And he avoids using lasix with maidens.

Stillriledup
06-23-2015, 09:20 PM
No reason to not use Lasix, puts a trainer behind the 8 ball.

horses4courses
06-23-2015, 09:25 PM
His horse racing background is impeccable.
The Harty family is one of the most prominent there is in Ireland.
That goes back for generations, too.
Most of the highlights have been in the saddle, though.

I agree that his results in the US are mediocre. :ThmbDown:
Something just doesn't seem to click, and the lasix may be part of it.

Stillriledup
06-23-2015, 09:28 PM

He has good/great bred horses, doesn't use L and doesn't cheat.....and rarely wins.

It's puzzling.

horses4courses
06-23-2015, 09:32 PM
He has good/great bred horses, doesn't use L and doesn't cheat.....and rarely wins.

It's puzzling.

A good spell as assistant to Baffert should have rubbed off on him.
He knows that to cut it in the US, you have to do things a certain way.
There's really no reason why he shouldn't be a 20% trainer.
Something he does, or doesn't do, is holding him back.

Some_One
06-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Sounds like they know the horse is bad and just trying to get a cheap win so they can said the horse was a race winner on her foals pedigree.

Stillriledup
06-23-2015, 11:12 PM

It's hard to understand, there's really no indication he's a dummy, or doesn't work hard, he worked for an all time great trainer, he gets good horses, his owner has more money than most people (or everybody), i can't figure it out.

EMD4ME
06-23-2015, 11:16 PM
It's hard to understand, there's really no indication he's a dummy, or doesn't work hard, he worked for an all time great trainer, he gets good horses, his owner has more money than most people (or everybody), i can't figure it out.

Maybe he should do an apprenticeship with Mr. Broberg?

Stillriledup
06-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Maybe he should do an apprenticeship with Mr. Broberg?

Makes you wonder why Broberg can't seem to lose a race and Harty can't seem to win. One of the games great mysteries.

chenoa
06-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Godolphin Stables In Stitches, a 3 yr old 1st time starter, out of Medaglia d' oro and trained by Harty made her debut today and ran dead last. She was eased in the stretch and officially lost by 43 and a half lengths. She went off as the 4-5 favorite. The amazing part was that the race was at Fairmount Park. Who on here says Fairmount can't attract top trainers and owners. :D

The trifecta paid a whopping 260 and the super 1100 for a 6 horse field. This horse was either going to win for fun or not finish. There most likely wasn't going to be any in between.

Godolphin 1st time starter at Fairmount Park. :lol: Would sound alarm bells off left and right in regards to soundness of the horse.

cj
06-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Makes you wonder why Broberg can't seem to lose a race and Harty can't seem to win. One of the games great mysteries.

Even more, why aren't people sending impeccably bred horses to master alchemists like Broberg and his ilk?

Exotic1
06-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Broberg has an incredible eye for spotting "improving" 5k claimers - he sees the impending jump up in the walking ring just before he claims them and just let's the horse do it's thing, naturally. Really amazing talent.

Fingal
06-24-2015, 12:27 PM

Thinking of his not using lasix for all of his runners-

Who is his major client ? Godolphin.

And what is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's stance on lasix ?

When one gets a pipeline to some of the best bred horses in the world you don't go out of your way to upset the owner of that source.

I'm pretty sure Godolphin well compensates him for following their wishes.

Stillriledup
06-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Even more, why aren't people sending impeccably bred horses to master alchemists like Broberg and his ilk?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118259

biggestal99
06-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Godolphin Stables In Stitches, a 3 yr old 1st time starter, out of Medaglia d' oro and trained by Harty made her debut today and ran dead last. She was eased in the stretch and officially lost by 43 and a half lengths. She went off as the 4-5 favorite..

Not only was she sired by MDO, but she was out of the really good filly hystericalady, as i wrote on another forum, this one had sloooooowwwww written all over her, but the fairmount bettors are way smarter than i. :D

4-5! Too bad you can't lay bets legally in the us. This one has the look of a loser, far, far away.

Allan

Striker
06-24-2015, 06:47 PM
He gets good horses, but that trainer isn't that great. And he avoids using lasix with maidens.
He doesn't have a choice for the horses he has from Casner, and with those he doesn't use lasix ever.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91519/casner-still-committed-to-salix-free-racing

Striker
06-24-2015, 07:08 PM
His percentage might be quite higher if Godolphin didn't take every promising horse away from him and race them in Dubai, and then if the horse ever races back here in the US it's for Saeed Bin Suroor, but that is obviously the owners right to do that. Look at Street Cry, E Dubai, Desert Party, Ruler's Court......etc

taxicab
06-24-2015, 08:34 PM
I think Harty is a decent enough trainer,just don't think Godolphin gives him anywhere near their best runners.
The Godolphin horses he sends out don't appear to have much talent.
Can't win without the stock....