PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar 2015

horses4courses
06-23-2015, 05:24 PM
https://www.dmtc.com/

Opens 3 weeks from Thursday (July 16th)
New dirt surface - let's hope it's safe and true :jump:

Let's also hope that the turf is back to normal.
It was good for the fall meet, not so last summer.

Stillriledup
06-23-2015, 05:35 PM
They'll get a lot of gamblers back who didn't want to bet random form on plastic tracks. If they run a tighter ship at who gets to race, they'll have smaller fields but less breakdowns and injuries, as an elite track in the sport it's up to them to lead the way and do the right things by putting horse and jockey safety as the most important issue even ahead of profits.

Quick buck artist tracks let anyone race, anyone train and anyone ride, elite tracks like Del Mar need to keep out the cheats and run safe races, that's what they need to think about.

I'm looking forward to racing on the dirt down there, it's going to be a fun and successful meet I'm thinking.

thespaah
06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
https://www.dmtc.com/

Opens 3 weeks from Thursday (July 16th)
New dirt surface - let's hope it's safe and true :jump:

Let's also hope that the turf is back to normal.
It was good for the fall meet, not so last summer.
I have noticed these seaside tracks as well as the ones in the south have issues with their turf courses getting chewed up.
The strains of turf used are not really conducive to heavy traffic.
Warm season grasses have shallow root systems. Compounding the issue is the sandy soil prevalent in those regions of the country.
I suspect Del Mar's turf course will begin to suffer about half way through the meet.
Perhaps the racing secretary should cut down turf racing to perhaps two days per week and three races per day.
Yeah, that may sound radical, but what is more important? Less frequent races on a better quality surface? Or a bunch of turf events contested on a chewed up and potentially hazardous course?

horses4courses
06-23-2015, 05:40 PM
I have my doubts about the new PK6 format.
Don't play it often, so it affects others more than me.
We shall see......

Stillriledup
06-23-2015, 05:44 PM
I have my doubts about the new PK6 format.
Don't play it often, so it affects others more than me.
We shall see......

I think they said they're scrapping that idea and not changing a thing. Maybe Andy C can chime in and confirm.

horses4courses
06-23-2015, 05:50 PM
I think they said they're scrapping that idea and not changing a thing. Maybe Andy C can chime in and confirm.

That would be better. :ThmbUp:
Let the tracks trying to develop PK6 wagering have the jackpot wager.
Ones that already have sizable PK6 pools don't need to change, imo.