PDA

View Full Version : White House to Soften Hostage Policy

Track Collector
06-23-2015, 04:02 PM
"In a softening of longstanding policy, the Obama administration will tell families of Americans held by terror groups that they can communicate with captors and even pay ransom without fear of prosecution -- part of a broad review of U.S. hostage guidelines that will be released Wednesday."

Complete story here (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/23/white-house-to-release-hostage-policy-review-wednesday/?intcmp=latestnews).

Seems like a bad idea to me. It encourages groups like ISIS to take even more American hostages, and even if the ransom is paid, there is no guarantee the hostage would be freed.

Tom
06-23-2015, 04:04 PM
So he finally has a strategy - let someone else take care of it.

TJDave
06-23-2015, 04:13 PM
American citizens should be advised to get out and stay out of these countries and we won't be responsible for them. WTF are these people thinking...placing themselves in harm's way and then expecting us to come bail them out?

JustRalph
06-23-2015, 04:27 PM
So he finally has a strategy - let someone else take care of it.

Exactly right

Marshall Bennett
06-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Negotiating with terrorist over hostages is a horrible idea. It only endangers others in the region, particularly reporters. We need these people to have a better grasp of what's going on there Terrorist know they'll get top dollar for American hostages. In particular, wealthy liberals would raise millions to even have one hostage released, even if it results in a dozen more getting kidnapped. Just another enormous cash flow to ISIS.
On a side note, families of kidnapped victims have a bad habit of pleading with their captors to release loved ones. ISIS drools over sobbing families. Then when they behead them in front of the world, they get the satisfaction of stirring emotions further. This is their MO, hence the term "terror".

horses4courses
06-28-2015, 10:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIcjd4gXAAAEvMG.jpg

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/06/24/fox-news-repeatedly-called-for-the-hostage-nego/204122

This is a perfect example of why anti-Obama
conservatives cannot be taken seriously.
Your hate and obsession so often makes you fall on your faces.

Fox News, your voice and leading light,
called for the very same tactic a while back.

Now that the WH has changed it's stance on
hostage negotiations, it's back to finger pointing.

What a crock!
Do you honestly expect people to swallow this crap?

JustRalph
06-28-2015, 11:39 PM
Nice of him to take policy advice from Fox.......

Clocker
06-28-2015, 11:40 PM
This is a perfect example of why anti-Obama
conservatives cannot be taken seriously.
Your hate and obsession so often makes you fall on your faces.

Fox News, your voice and leading light,
called for the very same tactic a while back.

This is a perfect example of why you cannot be taken seriously. I don't know what that show is, but I have never seen it.

Just because you have a single source provider for your political views, you assume everyone else does too.

What is happening on the Debbie Watercarrier Schultz channel these days?

rastajenk
06-29-2015, 06:43 AM
I think they're still obsessed with Christie's Bridge-gate.

Tom
06-29-2015, 07:33 AM
What a crock!
Do you honestly expect people to swallow this crap?

Last I looked, none of those people were elected to anything. Thier crap is 100% voluntary, unlike the WH crap.

Are you for real? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

davew
06-29-2015, 10:03 PM
It would be difficult to punish family members after 0bama's group traded 5 good terrorists for 1 bad terrorists (Bergdahl)