PDA

View Full Version : Detroit shoots back.......now

JustRalph
06-22-2015, 12:55 PM
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/cook-shoots-and-kills-robber-at-detroit-restaurant#Cook%20shoots%20and%20kills%20robber%20 at%20Detroit%20restaurant

On Fathers day.......at breakfast

Tom
06-22-2015, 01:05 PM
I've eaten there a few times.
Glad I never sent anything back to the kitchen! :eek:

Rookies
06-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Not sure what the cure for Detroit is...

Ice Age, perhaps!

Tom
06-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Republicans.

boxcar
06-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Republicans.

Wouldn't that be virutally synonymous with RINOs? The cure could be worse than the disease.

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2015, 01:40 PM
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/cook-shoots-and-kills-robber-at-detroit-restaurant#Cook%20shoots%20and%20kills%20robber%20 at%20Detroit%20restaurant

On Fathers day.......at breakfastI'm thinking the more liberal among us will be lamenting the fact that the would-be robber was killed for no good reason...after all, he hadn't shot anybody yet...it could have been a toy gun...maybe he never meant to really harm anyone...he was probably just trying to feed his starving family...and now he's dead, all because we don't have strict enough gun-control laws...

:faint:

horses4courses
06-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Republicans.

Weed out the riff raff and set up labor camps?
Back to chain gangs?

"Shakin it here, boss"

classhandicapper
06-22-2015, 01:53 PM
When people and businesses see a government doing stupid things and they realize the political winds are very much against changing that, they vote with their feet. That speeds along the decline and collapse.

Detroit can be fixed, but it will take a totally different mindset to attract investment that will in turn bring back jobs with higher incomes that will in turn encourage people with educations and skills to come back.

Rookies
06-22-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking the more liberal among us will be lamenting the fact that the would-be robber was killed for no good reason...after all, he hadn't shot anybody yet...it could have been a toy gun...maybe he never meant to really harm anyone...he was probably just trying to feed his starving family...and now he's dead, all because we don't have strict enough gun-control laws...

:faint:

He's dead (not that I care here) because the gun control laws for:
sale, possession, manufacture, assembly, importation, have in possession for sale, barter, trade and any other such component weren't in force... nationally... when I met my future American wife...

In 1972.

Doesn't mean a rats arse now that people have 350 million of them!

Tom
06-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Weed out the riff raff and set up labor camps?
Back to chain gangs?

"Shakin it here, boss"

Obviously you are not aware of the democratic history in governing Detroit.
You could visit some past governors in prison if you were interested.

All that is needed in Detroit is some fiscal responsibility and elected officials who are not thieves.

The riff raff in Detroit is in the city hall.

Tom
06-22-2015, 02:53 PM
He's dead (not that I care here) because the gun control laws

Effective system - people who have lawful guns use them kill people with illegal ones or trying to use them to commit crimes. Had the guy not had a gun, the outcome would have been different and a thug with a piece would still be loose on the streets. Care to ponder how many future crimes this guy prevented, and how many lives he might have saved?

How about you, Bobby? You were of the opinion this would not be possible. :lol:

What I see here is sustainable gun control.

horses4courses
06-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Obviously you are not aware of the democratic history in governing Detroit.
You could visit some past governors in prison if you were interested.

All that is needed in Detroit is some fiscal responsibility and elected officials who are not thieves.

The riff raff in Detroit is in the city hall.

Yep.
That's the answer.
Replace the crooks with some honest, eager to serve, Republicans.

What could go wrong?

Tom
06-22-2015, 02:55 PM
What could go wrong?

I suppose you will point to Baltimore as a shinning example of what could go right? :lol::lol:

JustRalph
06-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Yep.
That's the answer.
Replace the crooks with some honest, eager to serve, Republicans.

What could go wrong?

You'd have a hard time finding any. They are all out in the beautiful suburbs raising their kids, enjoying the American Dream. Not worrying about riots. Enjoying the fruits of their labor and ignoring the idiots who continue to elect Dem's. Ignoring those who continue to fall for the charade.

classhandicapper
06-22-2015, 04:14 PM
You'd have a hard time finding any. They are all out in the beautiful suburbs raising their kids, enjoying the American Dream. Not worrying about riots. Enjoying the fruits of their labor and ignoring the idiots who continue to elect Dem's. Ignoring those who continue to fall for the charade.

That the thing that escapes all these leftists.

When the left gains what looks to be permanent power, anyone with a half a brain immediately heads for the exit. The same thing is going to occur on a national level with money. Another 10-20 years of Obama-like rule and the smart money isn't going to trickle out of the US. It's going to flood out like the Hoover Dam collapsed. The only thing keeping it in check now is that the left has destroyed most of the viable alternatives for capital as badly as the US. Europe is a basket case and Japan is digging itself into a Keynesian hell hole.

Rookies
06-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Effective system - people who have lawful guns use them kill people with illegal ones or trying to use them to commit crimes. Had the guy not had a gun, the outcome would have been different and a thug with a piece would still be loose on the streets. Care to ponder how many future crimes this guy prevented, and how many lives he might have saved?

How about you, Bobby? You were of the opinion this would not be possible. :lol:

What I see here is sustainable gun control.

We get these one off, one on one examples from Ralph as the "solution". Of course, they never involve the Mass Murderers. And I'm waiting for the day, when both 'law abiding' perps open fire on each other (and if they're bad shots), telling the Cops as justification:

"He had a gun!"

Or maybe the screening is so Mad Max surreal, they'll be telling it to THIS future cop... who will then finish them both off: :bang:

"Lockhart, a recent high-school graduate who sources confirmed is plagued by resentment, self-doubt, unexpected fits of rage, and has always had a penchant for tormenting those who are smaller and weaker than him, explained that he feels he is well suited to serve as a police officer.

“I’ve always wanted to be a cop,” said Lockhart, whose paranoia and inferiority complex constantly haunt him, leading him to lash out at others in order to convince them he is in control. “I know it’s a tough line of work, but I think I’ve got what it takes to earn my shield and get out there and keep the peace.”

“This is the job I was born to do,” continued the man whose main goal in life is to prove to others that he is strong, confident, and not afraid.

Friends and family confirmed that Lockhart, an unpredictable, petty individual who frequently loses his temper when he feels he is being threatened or disrespected, has in recent months been inquiring into joining the ranks of the Raleigh Police Department. In this role, the man with a massive chip on his shoulder and no visible sense of empathy would be tasked with peacefully resolving disputes and evenhandedly administering justice to members of the community over whom he would have official power.

Specifically, sources speculated that should Lockhart successfully complete the 17-week officer training program and cursory psychological examination necessary to become a cop, the 18-year-old, who suffers from feelings of inadequacy and frequently explodes in emotional outbursts against people he perceives to be mocking him, would on a daily basis be placed in delicate situations requiring extreme patience and sound judgment.

“My dad’s encouraging me to go to the academy, and he says that once I graduate I can probably get a job around here,” said Lockhart, referring to the man whose own lack of compassion and propensity for inexplicable violence is largely to blame for similar patterns in his son, and who is himself a veteran police officer. “Once I’m a cop, I’m going to do what I have to do to make sure these neighborhoods stay safe.”

“I bet a lot of people don’t think I can do it, but I’ll show them,” continued the man who could in six months’ time possess both a standard-issue firearm and the city-sanctioned authority to unholster and fire the weapon." The Onion

jk3521
06-24-2015, 12:36 PM
The answer....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDb0Dn8OXE

JustRalph
06-24-2015, 01:48 PM
one off?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=37.579413,-96.416016&t=h&source=embed&ie=UTF8&msa=0&spn=27.745558,61.611328&z=4&mid=zh4ISav_aZq4.kScmZTR1RBnI

Rookies
06-25-2015, 10:42 AM
The answer....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDb0Dn8OXE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eerie, how Arch was 40 years ahead of his time!

Archie, 1970s: " Arm all the air passengers!"
Wayne LaPierre, NRA head: "Arm all the teachers!"

Who, was then dragged away in the butterfly net and replaced with, words of wisdom :lol: from Chief NRA honcho David Keene:
"We call upon Congress to provide armed Police in every school! :bang: "

The only logical, next step left for these Mad Max loons was to propose to erect guard towers around every school, with Navy Seal snipers watching guard over the 6 year old Recess!

Tom
06-25-2015, 11:01 AM
We have armed guards at many banks.
Is the money more important than the kids?

horses4courses
06-25-2015, 11:31 AM
We have armed guards at many banks.
Is the money more important than the kids?

The kids are only at school for so many hours in a day, though.
What is there to do when they are dismissed?

Tell you what.
Just have armed guards posted throughout the nation.
One for every 50 yards.

What a far safer, and superior, society we would have then. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
06-25-2015, 11:42 AM

Tell you what.
One for every 50 yards.

we need guns behind glass

'in case of emergency - break glass'

these shooters are reloading and such?! You think that would happen if we had easily accessible firearms for all?

Tom
06-25-2015, 11:48 AM
One for every 50 yards.

That is what I want along the border.
Yes, it would make for a safer society, for us and for Mexico - the guards could stop Holder and Obama from sending more guns to the drug cartels.

Rookies
06-25-2015, 04:11 PM

Tell you what.
One for every 50 yards.

Of course.

These are logical 'next steps'.

* Armed guards, patrolling the perimeters of your kids' High School/Grade School/PreSchool.
* Natch, all Universities, Community Colleges and other Post Secondary Institution,
* Every Church from every denomination
* Food Stores, Fast Food Restaurants
* Libraries, Social Clubs, Dance Halls, Seniors' Homes
* Every Sporting event, everywhere.
* Campgrounds, Playgrounds, etc.

Endless, complete and utter madness, where the entire purpose of a civilized, ordered, superior society has been completely lost and subsumed to the pursuit of a lunatic, imaginary defence right.

JustRalph
06-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Of course.

* Armed guards, patrolling the perimeters of your kids' High School/Grade School/PreSchool.
* Natch, all Universities, Community Colleges and other Post Secondary Institution,

Endless, complete and utter madness, where the entire purpose of a civilized, ordered, superior society has been completely lost and subsumed to the pursuit of a lunatic, imaginary defence right.

Ignoring my response to your "one off" quip? Why don't you stand down..... you are out of your league.

horses4courses
06-25-2015, 06:59 PM
No worries, Rook

It's been a bad week for conservatives.
They're even more testy than usual. :lol:

fast4522
06-25-2015, 07:27 PM
No worries, Rook

It's been a bad week for conservatives.
They're even more testy than usual. :lol:

Hardly, this issue with OBOcare was expected, SJC is known to roll this way so far. Its logic was to roll with what the Congress wanted. So when the Congress decides to prioritize spending because of something major big (yet to realize), then your roadkill. You know, something that would prevent everyone from mailing the cable company the $200 as usual every month. I know you folks say na will never happen, I hear FEMA has invested more in KOOL AID than ammunition.

Valuist
06-25-2015, 07:52 PM
I was wondering why the White Sox & Tigers would play a day game in a non getaway game scenario. I get it; who wants to be in Detroit at nighttime?

Tom
06-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Of course.

And none for your GD business.
This country has done fine on its own. We don't need any advice, eh?

Say, you guys had a shooting at Parliment, right?
So, your guns laws didn't stop it? But an armed guard did.

Thanks for the advice, but maybe you better take another look your gun laws and let us worry about ours. Seems you guys don't have it quite right yet either.

Rookies
06-25-2015, 10:53 PM
Ignoring my response to your "one off" quip? Why don't you stand down..... you are out of your league.

Just ONE year showed 8,500 murdered by guns. Your entire list from multiple years, reaches how many?

1k?

The net effect correlates to almost 80/100-1 murdered v.s. shot during a crime, but not necessarily a potential murder.

How does that remotely qualify as justification for possessing 400 Million guns? And, this still has nothing to do with stopping a mass murderer, which was the point.

Who should stand down?

JustRalph
06-25-2015, 10:57 PM
And none for your GD business.
This country has done fine on its own. We don't need any advice, eh?

Say, you guys had a shooting at Parliment, right?
So, your guns laws didn't stop it? But an armed guard did.

Thanks for the advice, but maybe you better take another look your gun laws and let us worry about ours. Seems you guys don't have it quite right yet either.

Shhh...... A good guy with a gun......they don't exist........

The man was heroic. Too bad he didn't get him earlier

Rookies
06-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Shhh...... A good guy with a gun......they don't exist........

The man was heroic. Too bad he didn't get him earlier

Actually, you need to get up to speed. Without discounting Vickers' heroism, it is likely that an RCMP Officer killed this terrorist.

"Previous media reports have suggested Barrett fired after Zehaf-Bibeau was taken down but the eyewitness said the gunman was alive and standing when he was first engaged. The OPP report states that Barrett could see the gunman standing behind the alcove and walked directly towards him, firing his weapon. He fired 15 shots in total and the OPP report stated he “strongly believes all 15 shots hit the gunman." National Post

JustRalph
06-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Just ONE year showed 8,500 murdered by guns. Your entire list from multiple years, reaches how many?

1k?

The net effect correlates to almost 80/100-1 murdered v.s. shot during a crime, but not necessarily a potential murder.

How does that remotely qualify as justification for possessing 400 Million guns? And, this still has nothing to do with stopping a mass murderer, which was the point.

Who should stand down?

I would just say that you don't realize how important the guns were to those 1000 people. Not having a gun results in most of them getting killed. A thousand lives, you are discounting. 1000 lives. If 1000 people died in any event tomorrow it would be a monumental tragedy, in the U.S or Canada.

Btw, you have gone from "one off" to a thousand. Think about it

Clocker
06-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Think about it

That would interfere with The Narrative.

Rookies
06-25-2015, 11:43 PM
I would just say that you don't realize how important the guns were to those 1000 people. Not having a gun results in most of them getting killed. A thousand lives, you are discounting. 1000 lives. If 1000 people died in any event tomorrow it would be a monumental tragedy, in the U.S or Canada.

Btw, you have gone from "one off" to a thousand. Think about it

I don't know from that graph what the total is or over what period of time. It is greater than one. That, I'll concede, but I knew that already as you throw these examples on this forum from time to time. That was more figurative on my part. The total numbers of being shot to death by firearms v.s. possibly 'saved' are overwhelming in the U.S. and will be so... forever.

You look at that side of the paradigm to prove your case that if everyone owned a firearm or five, these numbers would be significantly reduced.

But, they are not falling at all and won't ever be!

I look at the other side and ask how TF did you ever get into this endless, pointless,tragic morass?

JustRalph
06-26-2015, 12:18 AM
I don't know from that graph what the total is or over what period of time. It is greater than one. That, I'll concede, but I knew that already as you throw these examples on this forum from time to time. That was more figurative on my part. The total numbers of being shot to death by firearms v.s. possibly 'saved' are overwhelming in the U.S. and will be so... forever.

You look at that side of the paradigm to prove your case that if everyone owned a firearm or five, these numbers would be significantly reduced.

But, they are not falling at all and won't ever be!

I look at the other side and ask how TF did you ever get into this endless, pointless,tragic morass?

Let me give you a pointer. Take out the shootings involving minorities. It's an entirely different country then. Nobody wants to say it, but shooting deaths are largely a minority problem.

In the other than minority community, domestic violence dominates shooting deaths. An entirely different issue. Much lower numbers too.

You cannot lump it all together, yet it is lumped together by those with an agenda. They also include gang violence, and call 17-20 yr olds children. These 17-20 yr olds are mostly participating in a criminal enterprise when they are shot. Yet, to further an agenda or often to obtain funds or government incentives, all are lumped together

Until we are honest about where the real problems reside, culturally, there will never be any change.

There is no reason to pass laws to address the issues if the very people who have the problem are culturally lawless, to the detriment of all.

Rookies
06-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Let me give you another.

Regardless of whether we agree that certain communities possess a predilection towards illegal gun usage, it is the fact that they have them in their possession, that obviously determines everything!

Without them- very, few murders.

I live in a large (3 Mill), multi racial city that is the most cosmopolitan on the planet, with the exception of NYC. Off the top of my head, I don't believe there have been 100 murders of any kind, in a given year- ever. Highest was about 90, years ago.

I live in a city neighbourhood, which again has several cultures and races. I have never known my neighbours to own a gun. You can guess how many murders have happened in the last 25 years, I've lived here.

It's an integer between -1 & +1.

JustRalph
06-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Toronto is 8.5% black. And I would hazard to say culturally they are completely different. It's a different culture, which is my point.

Compare that to large inner city areas in the U.S. And the shooting numbers and it's an obvious apples and oranges comparison.

Tom
06-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Toronto - Baltimore.
Says a lot.