PDA

View Full Version : Spell Checher?

Dick Schmidt
01-16-2002, 05:28 PM
PA,

What happened to the excellent spelling checker (I can spell that word) that used to be an option after entering a post? It was the only thing that made me appear literate. Even on good days, I can't spell my own name three times running.

Bring back the SPELL CHECKER!!!!

Thanks,

Dick

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Dick,

Wish I could. The company that provided the spell checking link to the makers of this message board software decided it couldn't provide its services free of charge anymore (web advertising being what it is these days, having a banner on the spell checking page didn't pay for squat, according to the company).

Therefore, no more spell checking until an alternative can be found....

==PA

cj
01-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Try typing message in Word or the like, spell check, then cut and paste. Though personally, I feel the message itself is important, not the spelling!

Dick Schmidt
01-17-2002, 07:47 PM
You're right, of course. The message is moe important than the spellering, but it is also true that even the best ideas will be ignored if there are three misspelled words on the first page. Oh well, I can always cut and paste as suggested.

Thanks for trying.

Dick

P.S. If my name was Cjmilkowski, I wouldn't emphasize spelling either.

Tom
01-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Try typing message in Word or the like, spell check, then cut and paste. Though personally, I feel the message itself is important, not the spelling!

Cute and paste is a god ideea. I always thought speeling was very inportant.
~G~

Tam

MikeDee
01-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Forum Spell Check

This is a script that will add your Word Spell Checker to your Right Click Menu. You can use it to spell check text in forum text boxes, like this one. Pretty cool but, you need to be using IE 5 or better and Microsoft Word (of course).

go to
http://www.lurkhere.com/

Click on download files go to Forum Spell Check. Follow all the instructions you find there, including downloading the scripting security thing. I’m not real sure what it is or how it works, but once installed you highlight, right click and copy the text in your message. Then right click again and click on spelling. The spell checker pops up. When finished checking the text, replace your text with the corrected version. Very easy to use and a godsend for spelling and typing challenged people like me.

This works fine on my PC, if you have a problem with it, don't shoot the messenger
:)

Dick Schmidt
01-23-2002, 04:14 AM
MikeDee,

WONDERFUL!!!!!

The spell checker works just as advertised! Lots of other interesting goodies on the site as well. Thanks for the heads up! And notice that every word in this missive is correctly spelled.

Dick