PDA

View Full Version : Pletcher winning 40 pct at Belmont

Stillriledup
06-20-2015, 02:40 PM
4 out of 10.

magwell
06-20-2015, 02:47 PM
4 out of 10.According to some people here, he must be cheating or drugging......:rolleyes:

DeltaLover
06-20-2015, 02:48 PM
According to some people here, he must be cheating or drugging......:rolleyes:

Obviously.

Stillriledup
06-20-2015, 02:54 PM
According to some people here, he must be cheating or drugging......:rolleyes:
Theres a thread about Broberg and his spectacular feat, this feat by Pletcher is even better because hes doing it at Belmont at the highest levels of the sport. But no thread about it.

40 is the new 20.

Robert Fischer
06-20-2015, 03:04 PM
If one of the top barns can run some favorites and start a meet 4/10, anything can happen.

It's wide open now, fellas.

magwell
06-20-2015, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Stillriledup]Theres a thread about Broberg and his spectacular feat, this feat by Pletcher is even better because hes doing it at Belmont at the highest levels of the sport. But no thread about it.

40 is the new 20.[/QUOTE) I forgot it's Ness, Zadie or Navarro that's doing the cheating, never Pletcher. Shug or Mott......;)

Saratoga_Mike
06-20-2015, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Stillriledup]Theres a thread about Broberg and his spectacular feat, this feat by Pletcher is even better because hes doing it at Belmont at the highest levels of the sport. But no thread about it.

40 is the new 20.[/QUOTE) I forgot it's Ness, Zadie or Navarro that's doing the cheating, never Pletcher. Shug or Mott......;)

Shug has one positive in 30+ years training. How many positives do Ness and Zadie have? Great comparison. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

magwell
06-20-2015, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=magwell]

Shug has one positive in 30+ years training. How many positives do Ness and Zadie have? Great comparison. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Could it be they run cheap claiming horses ?

lamboguy
06-20-2015, 04:47 PM
i don't understand how so many people here can't see what's going on, its really pretty simple. the big trainer's are beating the game with numbers. they have so many of them that fit the different condition they enter the ones that are doing the best and run them. that horse or horses knock out the other horses so when the next race comes up they are winning with a horse that is doing fine but is a lesser caliber horse than the one that just won, but the other's are now softened up. they win the race and simply repeat the process for the next race.

eventually it gets tough to make races so they have to enter multiple horses to make the race go. in other words they control the condition book.

the only part that i don't understand is that racing is letting them get away with this.

Stillriledup
06-20-2015, 04:55 PM
i don't understand how so many people here can't see what's going on, its really pretty simple. the big trainer's are beating the game with numbers. they have so many of them that fit the different condition they enter the ones that are doing the best and run them. that horse or horses knock out the other horses so when the next race comes up they are winning with a horse that is doing fine but is a lesser caliber horse than the one that just won, but the other's are now softened up. they win the race and simply repeat the process for the next race.

eventually it gets tough to make races so they have to enter multiple horses to make the race go. in other words they control the condition book.

the only part that i don't understand is that racing is letting them get away with this.

Its their game, race offices could care less about putting together 'good betting races' the race office only cares about 'horsemens races', they just throw it out there and either you bet or don't, take it or leave it is their motto.

cj
06-20-2015, 05:20 PM

With all the slots money, tracks don't care much about handle any longer.

proximity
06-20-2015, 05:53 PM
4 out of 10.

4 out of 10? :confused:

probably almost every decent trainer has done this at least once except maybe that guy at...... uhh...ohh.... no... i'm gonna step in it again.... ;)

Track Collector
06-20-2015, 10:54 PM
4 out of 10? :confused:

probably almost every decent trainer has done this at least once except maybe that guy at...... uhh...ohh.... no... i'm gonna step in it again.... ;)

Obviously a tiny sample.

Just Stillriledup trying to get to 20K posts.

JustRalph
06-20-2015, 11:12 PM

I am finally starting to believe that

Stillriledup
06-21-2015, 02:34 AM
Obviously a tiny sample.

Just Stillriledup trying to get to 20K posts.

The 64 dollar question is this, when I get to the automatic HOF benchmark of 20k posts (the gold standard) how are YOU going to celebrate ?

As far as this post goes, what Pletcher is doing is Ruthian. It's Ted Williams hitting .406, its Dimaggios 56 and nobody mentioned it until I put up this post and all you could say is 'tiny sample'?

I'm pretty sure we have all seen enough to know what we are watching is one of the greatest training feats of our lifetimes and the fact that's all done on oats n hay makes it even more spectacular.

One more thing. 19, 994. Thanks for playin ;)

cato
06-21-2015, 05:21 AM
We're pretty sure perormance enhancing drugs were involved so no one is going to acknowledge the milestone...

Tom
06-21-2015, 10:21 AM
40%?

He's in a slump.

Kash$
06-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Mandy Ness (Jaime's Wife)

PID

8 starts
7 wins
1 second

Funny

davew
06-21-2015, 12:14 PM

So if you start with horses costing hundreds of thousands and millions, it is easier to do better than those starting with tens of thousands?

Track Collector
06-21-2015, 12:21 PM
The 64 dollar question is this, when I get to the automatic HOF benchmark of 20k posts (the gold standard) how are YOU going to celebrate ? :sleeping:

As far as this post goes, what Pletcher is doing is Ruthian. It's Ted Williams hitting .406, its Dimaggios 56 and nobody mentioned it until I put up this post and all you could say is 'tiny sample'?

I would guess that the number of people who share the opinion that this feat is something extraordinary is extremely tiny. Tiny sample size logically explains the phenomena, except to those who have no understanding or choose to ignore.

I'm pretty sure we have all seen enough to know what we are watching is one of the greatest training feats of our lifetimes and the fact that's all done on oats n hay makes it even more spectacular.:liar:

Cholly
06-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Does anybody know how much of NYRA's revenue comes from net cash flow from wagering, how much from racino subsidies, and how much from net flow from tickets & concessions? Do they even release that info?

Cholly
06-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Does anybody know how much of NYRA's revenue comes from net cash flow from wagering, how much from racino subsidies, and how much from net flow from tickets & concessions? Do they even release that info?

An attempt to answer my own question, with a disclaimer I'm not an accountant. Looking at their released 2014 financial statement (https://www.nyra.com/assets/1/7/2014AuditedFinancialStatements032015.pdf),

it appears that in 2014 roughly $280,000,000 came from wagering & "other revenues" (ticketing/concessions?); VLT revenue was $84,000,000, or appx. 25% of total revenue.

cj
06-21-2015, 02:09 PM
:sleeping:

I would guess that the number of people who share the opinion that this feat is something extraordinary is extremely tiny. Tiny sample size logically explains the phenomena, except to those who have no understanding or choose to ignore.

:liar:

His sample size isn't 10, I have no idea why SRU posted it that way. He is currently 35 for 90.

cj
06-21-2015, 02:09 PM
An attempt to answer my own question, with a disclaimer I'm not an accountant. Looking at their released 2014 financial statement (https://www.nyra.com/assets/1/7/2014AuditedFinancialStatements032015.pdf),

it appears that in 2014 roughly $280,000,000 came from wagering & "other revenues" (ticketing/concessions?); VLT revenue was $84,000,000, or appx. 25% of total revenue.

NYRA is much better in this area than other tracks. VLT revenue dwarfs handle revenue at many of them.

Stillriledup
06-21-2015, 02:55 PM
His sample size isn't 10, I have no idea why SRU posted it that way. He is currently 35 for 90.

My bad. I meant to write "he wins 4 out of every 10" but rereading it I can see that what I wrote is misleading. Sorry all for the confusion.

proximity
06-21-2015, 08:00 PM
We're pretty sure perormance enhancing drugs were involved so no one is going to acknowledge the milestone... :D :D :D

yes, his posts per day numbers are so many standard deviations from the mean that there's almost no way he can be natural.....

ultracapper
06-21-2015, 08:45 PM

OH. Haha. I was like, what's the big deal? Todd Pletcher has won 4 times with his first 10 starters at Belmont. I'm wondering, what now?

He was emphasizing what 40% means. I see that now.

proximity
06-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Mandy Ness (Jaime's Wife)

PID

8 starts
7 wins
1 second

Funny

bankroll fighting for its life
my picking was as cold as ice
shadows of my cash
lost through a window
crying in the night
the night goes into
morning just another day
training water, oats, and hay
looking in brisnet
I see a history
I never realized
how many winners you gave me
oh mandy....

ultracapper
06-21-2015, 09:54 PM
I love how you put that to Copacabana. Very clever.

proximity
06-21-2015, 11:00 PM
I love how you put that to Copacabana. Very clever.

his name was proxy
a Caesar's diamond
in the program on his chair
he saw Mandy's name in there
handicapping finished
worries were over
but proxy went a bit too far
when he tried to bet his car
another horse it flew
tickets were ripped in two
there was a photo finish but just who beat who?
at the isle.....

ultracapper
06-22-2015, 01:08 AM
LOL

Stillriledup
07-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Race 4 today.

The hair on my neck stood up.

:eek:

cj
07-01-2015, 11:59 PM
Race 4 today.

The hair on my neck stood up.

:eek:

Race 6 maybe?

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 01:46 AM
Race 6 maybe?

Yes race 6, I was watching on the Jason Blewitt recap show, for some reason I thought it was race 4.

acorn54
07-02-2015, 07:40 AM
what i would like to know is how come these "good trainers", today out perform the greats of yesteryear such as the late h. allen jerkens, and the likes of woody stephens, and sunny jim fitzsimmons?

Stillriledup
07-02-2015, 12:29 PM
what i would like to know is how come these "good trainers", today out perform the greats of yesteryear such as the late h. allen jerkens, and the likes of woody stephens, and sunny jim fitzsimmons?

They not only outperform them, they embarrass them. Makes you wonder why people had no problem giving Whittingham or Stevens a graded runner but you never see Kirk Ziadie or Karl Broberg training a contender in the triple crown races. That's one of the games great mysteries.

cj
07-02-2015, 12:51 PM
They not only outperform them, they embarrass them. Makes you wonder why people had no problem giving Whittingham or Stevens a graded runner but you never see Kirk Ziadie or Karl Broberg training a contender in the triple crown races. That's one of the games great mysteries.

Yep, or Kevin Patterson or Juan Carlos Guerrero or his wife or Jamie Ness or his wife.

Stillriledup
07-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Did I mush this guy? :D

Can anyone check TAPs record June 20 to today?

EMD4ME
07-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Did I mush this guy? :D

Can anyone check TAPs record June 20 to today?

13/55 at Belmont in the last 30 days pal. YOU Mushed him down to 24% LOL

Stillriledup
12-13-2015, 04:50 PM
This just in...

Pletcher at Gulfstream making .40 look like child's play.

:D

Shemp Howard
12-13-2015, 05:03 PM
This just in...

Pletcher at Gulfstream making .40 look like child's play.

:D

He only lives once.