PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Derby

Ocala Mike
06-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Who do you like? Keep in mind there's a great chance that this will be run on an off track.

Ocala Mike
06-20-2015, 01:00 AM
My early thoughts - One of the badly beaten horses from the Derby will bounce back and beat these. Leaning towards TENCENDUR, especially if the track is off. He ran well against FROSTED at the Big A, and that one at least was within sniffing distance of the TC winner in the Belmont. Maybe my usual win bet, with an exacta back wheel to protect the place.

letswastemoney
06-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Divining Rod.

I think the pace was soft in the Woodward and helped Tencendur's effort.

Ocala Mike
06-20-2015, 07:07 AM
I think the pace was soft in the Woodward and helped Tencendur's effort.

Yeah, there's that to consider, but I think the entire Preakness was soft.

Robert Fischer
06-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Too tough for me.

Whiskey Ticket should be competitive, but he appears far from dominant.

I have a sentimental spot for Far Right and War Story.

Even Mr. Z is interesting with this relative freshening and class drop.

GaryG
06-20-2015, 08:22 AM
I will take a shot with War Story. He was hurt by slow starts and wide trips in his derby preps and Amoss adds blinkers.

nads1420
06-20-2015, 09:26 AM
I will take a shot with War Story. He was hurt by slow starts and wide trips in his derby preps and Amoss adds blinkers.

any way to watch this? even TVG dont carry the stream to bet or watch

letswastemoney
06-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Yeah, there's that to consider, but I think the entire Preakness was soft.I don't know why I typed Woodward. Wood Memorial.

I thought the Preakness field was fine. Firing Line and Dortmund didn't seem to handle the wet dirt though.

bello
06-20-2015, 11:54 AM
I am giving a strong chance to # 4 Divining Rod. In the Preakness he made the strongest challenge by far to AP at the top of the lane. Not actually reflected in the PPs. He was 1-2 lengths off when AP ripped the heart out of him and he lost interest at the end. This race is shorter. His move in the preakness was a winning one against anyone else but the Champ.

Fingal
06-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Good race, I'll take Divining Rod. Not a big fan of Leparoux, but you can't have everything.

ILovetheInner
06-20-2015, 04:31 PM
No bet, but will be very curious. This is the first significant run back from TC horses. I am picking it up via Twin Spires.

FlintAtTheFetlock
06-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Also going with :4: Divining Rod. Lost to American Phrh in Preakness, gets dry ground (it looks), well placed in all his starts, shown some tactical speed and can sit just behind the speed on his inside and outside. Hoping for a clean trip.

bello
06-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Now that was a horse race!

ILovetheInner
06-20-2015, 05:25 PM
D Wayne! Guess that's another horse he ruined, lol! Nice payback off the purchase for a beautifully bred colt. Did all the work. Nice job.

Ocala Mike
06-20-2015, 05:41 PM
The rain never materialized, but quite a race. Two Derby also-rans 1/2, with D. Rod right there. Baffert's horse and the :5: the big disappointments.

Got lucky with the :6: saving the place; he needed another jump or two (always the case with closers, right?)

delsully
06-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Very nice race, Mr. Z was impressive against a solid field.

Can't help think that the :6: would have clipped him at the wire had Z not slightly bowed out in the stretch.

Also, that replay was horrible, step it up thistledown.

five-eighths
06-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Great Race!

Was excited to see a lot of familiar faces from the Derby and Preakness and was excited to see how Mr. Z would fare without AP and Dortmund and at a more reasonable distance.

He didn't disappoint :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
06-22-2015, 12:15 PM
The result flattered American Pharoah.

M Z chased AP's fast pace in the Preakness and backed up badly from his efforts. Now he has come back to run a very good race to win the Ohio Derby. Divining Rod, who made a little middle move in the Preakness, also ran quite well.

Some people argued that AP was the only horse to fire Preakness day during the severe storm and very off track. But right now you can argue it looks more like he ran huge and torched some of the chasers.

I'm looking forward to Dortmund's return.

castaway01
06-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Great ride by Jersey Joe there.