PDA

View Full Version : Al Illich would have loved this one

bigeastbeast
06-19-2015, 06:28 PM
The long gone Bronx horse owner and racing system seller must have been smiling looking down at Monmouth this afternoon,as players who bent slightly one of his rules collected on a 75-1 shot in the 6th.

Illich published a method devised by the great Robert Rowe that attempted to find hidden longshots in second halves of daily doubles by dividing the ML into the DD payoff to get a ratio.

Lewis Henry had a 20-1 ML line and a DD payoff of $283 for a ratio of 14,the lowest in the field.The other 20-1 shot had a payoff of $1344,5 times a high.That should have raised an eyebrow or two.

It didn't.Lewis Henry blew them out in the stretch looking much the best.I don't have a form,so I'm wondering about his recent record.Does anybody know?

Oh,the slighly bent rule was that he wanted the ratio to be at least 4 points lower than the second horse after eliminating the first two ML lowest odds.The next lowest today was 15 on a 5-1 shot,but what horse would you bet?

Tom
06-19-2015, 10:29 PM
Karl had him! ;)

castaway01
06-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Karl had him! ;)

There's a blast from the past!

JimG
06-20-2015, 06:27 AM
Karl had him! ;)

And went home for the day.

Shemp Howard
06-20-2015, 07:35 AM
The long gone Bronx horse owner and racing system seller must have been smiling looking down at Monmouth this afternoon,as players who bent slightly one of his rules collected on a 75-1 shot in the 6th.

Illich published a method devised by the great Robert Rowe that attempted to find hidden longshots in second halves of daily doubles by dividing the ML into the DD payoff to get a ratio.

Lewis Henry had a 20-1 ML line and a DD payoff of $283 for a ratio of 14,the lowest in the field.The other 20-1 shot had a payoff of $1344,5 times a high.That should have raised an eyebrow or two.

It didn't.Lewis Henry blew them out in the stretch looking much the best.I don't have a form,so I'm wondering about his recent record.Does anybody know?

Oh,the slighly bent rule was that he wanted the ratio to be at least 4 points lower than the second horse after eliminating the first two ML lowest odds.The next lowest today was 15 on a 5-1 shot,but what horse would you bet?

He was 70-1 in his last start. Had a rough break, rushed up and showed speed for a half. 7 lifetime races in 3 years but had shown signs of life in his AM trials.

Robert Fischer
06-20-2015, 07:54 AM
very cool

DeltaLover
06-20-2015, 08:16 AM

Sorry, but if you are going to think like this, relying on tote rules and even more than this trying to "bent" them after the race is done , to assure a "mind" winning, you probably should try games like lottery or slot machines..

Since you do not have PPs, this is a screen copy of them from my program:

http://i58.tinypic.com/fan6sh.png

If I would had to say anything about the winning of this horse, it was another disgrace for horse betting.

Twenty days after his last and miserable race that was following a one year layoff and without a single listed workout, his ZERO per cent trainer and ZERO percent jockey, found the way to create a major and unexplainable uspet!

biggestal99
06-20-2015, 12:53 PM
If I would had to say anything about the winning of this horse, it was another disgrace for horse betting.

Twenty days after his last and miserable race that was following a one year layoff and without a single listed workout, his ZERO per cent trainer and ZERO percent jockey, found the way to create a major and unexplainable uspet!

One mans disgrace, is another man way of betting, when i look at these nw2 life race,
Eliminate any horse with 10 or more starts.

I dont bet horses that are stinkin losers. Its against my soul as abetter

That leaves 4 horses who are noto proven losers.

Guess which horses completed the 58k super. :-)

Allan

johnhenry81
06-20-2015, 12:55 PM
This was definite set up stiff. I followed these type of form reversals over the years. This is the stuff that turns people away by droves.

biggestal99
06-20-2015, 01:57 PM
This was definite set up stiff. I followed these type of form reversals over the years. This is the stuff that turns people away by droves.

so he wasn't going to improve one off a year layoff and a troubled trip.

I am not saying he should have been favoured but certainly a case can be made for improvement in his racing performance

also the trainer had not won this year, but he did win with this horse before at 13-1.

Allan

DeltaLover
06-20-2015, 02:12 PM

I am not saying he should have been favoured but certainly a case can be made for improvement in his racing performance

also the trainer had not won this year, but he did win with this horse before at 13-1.

Allan

Yeah sure... The horse had already improved to the best of his last two years! An as far as the trainer, hmm yes, now that you say it, I can see that indeed he had won a race fifteen months from today :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

thaskalos
06-20-2015, 03:12 PM

Allan

As the inimitable Tom Ainslie so astutely observed: "After every race, another system is born."

Tom
06-20-2015, 03:19 PM
As the inimitable Tom Ainslie so astutely observed: "After every race, another system is born."
That "system" has been around a long time. The idea of proven losers is very applicable in these kinds of races.

Often you are left with 3-4-5 horse as contenders who are all long odds.

thaskalos
06-20-2015, 03:23 PM
That "system" has been around a long time. The idea of proven losers is very applicable in these kinds of races.

Often you are left with 3-4-5 horse as contenders who are all long odds.

I wasn't commenting on his post about the "proven losers". I was commenting on his NEXT post...where he said that a horse should improve off of a year layoff...and that a trainer's lone 13-1 winner in the year prior is an indication that another longshot winner would be forthcoming.

It all looks so simple after the race is run.

Tom
06-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Gottcha.

I used the PL idea to throw out the low odds 6 in the 4th at Belmont. Had CJ's best early pace by a lot, had the best 4 tuf figs in the filed.....and got beat by an even bigger proven loser! :bang:

GaryG
06-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Illich called it the Secret Play. I used it whenever I was at the track when I was supposed to be in school.

Kash$
06-20-2015, 07:57 PM
TimeformUS +25 ...roi is on steroids..CJ chime in

biggestal99
06-21-2015, 08:46 AM
I wasn't commenting on his post about the "proven losers". I was commenting on his NEXT post...where he said that a horse should improve off of a year layoff...and that a trainer's lone 13-1 winner in the year prior is an indication that another longshot winner would be forthcoming.

It all looks so simple after the race is run.

I wrote that because delta pointed out that the trainer was a zero percent trainer this year.
He was not a zero percent trainer with that horse.

Allan