PDA

View Full Version : CC Lopez

bello
06-19-2015, 12:02 PM
CC has always been one of my all time favorite jockeys, both to bet on and he is great with the public and the fans.

I saw a couple of weeks ago he began getting mounts at Golden Gate. I figured he was out there to spend some time with his son DC LOPEZ ( Future star IMO)

Now I see CC with mounts at the NO CAL fairs, and no DC. With Monmouth in full swing I would have expected to see him there?

I hope his moving to Northern California is a quality of life decision and not that he was not getting mounts in NJ.

In any event CC....You are and have always been great for the game. All the best.

castaway01
06-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Though ol' Chuckie has always taken his share of abuse from the railbirds, you've got to give him credit for consistency. In the last 35 years, the fewest mounts he's ever had in a year is 378 (and that was last year, when he was 53 years old)! That's a remarkable run of health for a jockey.

Stillriledup
06-19-2015, 04:03 PM
CCs a grinder, hard nosed jock and i love when he flexes for the camera after a win, his signature move.

bello
06-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Chucky won the 50k Stakes race at Pleasanton this afternoon at 40-1 and as usual he was jawing up with the crowd. Loving every minute of it.

pandy
06-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Chucky won the 50k Stakes race at Pleasanton this afternoon at 40-1 and as usual he was jawing up with the crowd. Loving every minute of it.

I'll have to start following his progress, I rarely look at Northern California. I'm also a fan of CC. When you said that he won this stakes race at 40-1, the first thing that I thought of was, "I bet he went wire to wire." I checked the charts, of course he did. :)

ubercapper
06-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Started last month when CC went to GG to ride against his sons David and Erick. I guess he decided to stick around for a while.

Unfortunately David injured his back on 6/6 and will be out for 4-6 weeks.

bello
06-22-2015, 11:50 AM
I didn't realize Eric was CC'sson as well. Funny thing about DC, he has the patience of a saint. Waits and waits and waits and times his late moves beautifully. While his mentor CC has always been known to bust them out of the gate. I also didn't realize DC got hurt. I know we have heard this before about a plethora of No Cal guys, but DC will take over the thrown from Russell in the not too distant future. Or he will move his tack to SoCal while still a bug boy.

onefast99
06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
I'll have to start following his progress, I rarely look at Northern California. I'm also a fan of CC. When you said that he won this stakes race at 40-1, the first thing that I thought of was, "I bet he went wire to wire." I checked the charts, of course he did. :)
He actually is more than a one dimensional rider, many times he is able to come from off the pace. He also never misses kissing the ladies!

Inner Dirt
06-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Best rider on a front runner I have seen in quite some time. If you think the only chance your horse has of winning is wire to wire you want CC Lopez on your horse.

pandy
06-22-2015, 02:30 PM
He actually is more than a one dimensional rider, many times he is able to come from off the pace. He also never misses kissing the ladies!

I agree, he can certainly ride off the pace winners, and he probably gets falsely categorized as one dimensional. But he is one of the best I've ever seen on the lead and he is a great gate rider.

Prytanis
06-22-2015, 05:39 PM
His own father was a good rider too!