PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Meadows Race 8 June 18

Prairie Bettor
06-18-2015, 11:03 PM
I question the running of the race #8, Prairie, June 18. 8 horse field.

Look at the field and notice the :4: :5: :6: :8: are all the same trainer, Lynn Chleborad. Look a little closer, notice that Lynn is part owner with Don Schrage on the :4: & :8: . Looking futher the :5: & :6: are both owned by Poindexter Thoroughbreds.

How is it that there isn't coupled entries in this race? Do other tracks allow this?

Order of finish is :5: :6: :8:

Very questionable running style by the non-coupled horses.

chadk66
06-19-2015, 09:06 AM
I didn't know it was even allowed to uncouple horses with common owner/owners.

forced89
06-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Doesn't bother me as trainer is accountable to his Owners and Jockey gets paid more by winning.

chadk66
06-19-2015, 12:09 PM
we'll probably see much more of this due to the short fields.

Prairie Bettor
06-19-2015, 02:25 PM
My feeling is that one trainer has half of the horses in the race.

With that advantage she can tell her jockeys how to ride. With that knowledge she can place bets.

Not fair to the other trainers and owners. And definitely not fair to the wagering public.

In the race mentioned, she had the :8: 1.4/1 favorite go to the back, while her :5: 9/1 longshot set easy fractions. Normally the :8: pushes the pace. I contend that if you knew that was the plan you have a huge edge. And that is one of the reasons for entries. With no entries, Prairie Meadows is basically allowing race fixing. Also note, the :5: is owned by her number 1 owners while the :8: is her horse.

Condition of the race was 1 mile 1/16, 37k allowance nw2 other than. So the horse that sandbagged gets another try. I can maybe see no entries in major stakes races.

Am I wrong? As the wagering public should we be OK with this? I want to send a note to the Iowa Racing Commission but won't if you guys see no problem with this practice. I guess I can just skip the race also.

therussmeister
06-19-2015, 09:54 PM
I didn't know it was even allowed to uncouple horses with common owner/owners.
There are a few tracks where they no longer have coupled entries. Canterbury Park is one, and apparently Prairie Meadows too.

affirmedny
06-20-2015, 12:33 AM
My feeling is that one trainer has half of the horses in the race.

With that advantage she can tell her jockeys how to ride. With that knowledge she can place bets.

Not fair to the other trainers and owners. And definitely not fair to the wagering public.

In the race mentioned, she had the :8: 1.4/1 favorite go to the back, while her :5: 9/1 longshot set easy fractions. Normally the :8: pushes the pace. I contend that if you knew that was the plan you have a huge edge. And that is one of the reasons for entries. With no entries, Prairie Meadows is basically allowing race fixing. Also note, the :5: is owned by her number 1 owners while the :8: is her horse.

Condition of the race was 1 mile 1/16, 37k allowance nw2 other than. So the horse that sandbagged gets another try. I can maybe see no entries in major stakes races.

Am I wrong? As the wagering public should we be OK with this? I want to send a note to the Iowa Racing Commission but won't if you guys see no problem with this practice. I guess I can just skip the race also.

no, you're 100 pct right

chadk66
06-20-2015, 07:41 AM
There are a few tracks where they no longer have coupled entries. Canterbury Park is one, and apparently Prairie Meadows too.Cby struggles to fill races that's for sure.

therussmeister
06-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Cby struggles to fill races that's for sure.
They fill their turf races.

green80
06-20-2015, 05:25 PM
when a trainer has more than 1 horse in a race and they are not part of an entry, always bet the one with the longest odds.