PDA

View Full Version : My Hat is in the Ring!

sam4022
06-18-2015, 11:34 AM
As an Irish immigrant who feels he really was American born, I declare myself to be a candidate for President of the United States. Upon election my immediate agenda will be:

1. Mic can only refer to someone named Mic.

2. Reparations for the ‘Irish Need Not Apply’ signs in form of tax credits.

3. Use of ‘baked potato and 6 pack’ as an Irish 7 course meal is no longer politically correct.

4. All Union officials & their families must live in government housing.

5. Vladimir has 90 days to stop making fun of us or else he will be removed from all US government assistance rolls.

6. China will be allowed to import only ‘Chinese Finger Traps’.

7. National drink will be NEHI Grape or Orange.

8. The American Eagle will be given a velociraptor as a sidekick.

9. Congress will be given testicles.

I’ll be taking immediate nominations for Vice President and any additions to my action agenda.

Greyfox
06-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Go for it.

You forgot to say that a Shamrock will be added in the center of Old Glory.

_______
06-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Bloomsday a national holiday.

Tom
06-18-2015, 11:51 AM
I can't wait for your inauguration dinner.
A full 7 course Irish meal - a boiled potato and a 6 pack!:D

Steve 'StatMan'
06-18-2015, 11:53 AM
I can't wait for your inauguration dinner.
A full 7 course Irish meal - a boiled potato and a 6 pack!:D

Awk! In direct violation of #3 on his platform. Now I can't nominate you for his VP. ;)

Steve 'StatMan'
06-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Awk! In direct violation of #3 on his platform. Now I can't nominate you for his VP. ;)

Wait, I see now what you did there. Finding the ambiguities in the laws and exploiting them - you may have a career in politics after all.

PhantomOnTour
06-18-2015, 11:58 AM
How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

PhantomOnTour
06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?
None !

(groan)

Overlay
06-18-2015, 01:32 PM
As an Irish immigrant who feels he really was American born, I declare myself to be a candidate for President of the United States.
To expand the pool even further, what about people who feel that they are 35 years old, or who feel that they have been a U.S. resident for 14 years? :)

Hoofless_Wonder
06-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Another President who's not a natural born citizen? Argh. I'm not sure that guy in the White House is even an Earthling, but at least he ain't Irish. I think.

Tom
06-19-2015, 10:37 PM
...but at least he ain't Irish. I think.

O'Bama? :eek:

Rookies
06-19-2015, 11:03 PM
None !

(groan)

An anecdote from Rick Steeves' Travel book, sums it up and is eerily reminiscent of several other terrible historical parallels of man's inhumanity to their fellow man.

"In the early 1800s, County Mayo's rural folk depended almost exclusively on the potato for food and were hardest hit when the Famine came in 1845.
In the winter of 1849, about 600 starving Irish walked 12 miles... hoping to get food from their landlord, but they were turned away. On the walk back, almost 200 of them died along the side of the road." :mad:

sam4022
06-25-2015, 06:29 PM
What about Black Irish? Perhaps we may see his college application in the Presidential Library.

dartman51
06-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Another President who's not a natural born citizen? Argh. I'm not sure that guy in the White House is even an Earthling, but at least he ain't Irish. I think.

Of course he is. :rolleyes: http://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2011/may/23/barack-obama-ireland-live

Ireland's burgeoning reputation for booking big-name acts continues to grow. Last week the country welcomed the Queen, who wowed supporters with her ability to wear green, make small talk and resist the lure of Guinness.

This week the country has arguably gone one better, attracting US President Barack Obama, who will meet President Mary McAleese and Taoiseach Enda Kenny. Obama will arrive in Dublin for his 24-hour trip, which will include a 45 minute visit to Moneygall, County Offaly, said to be home to some of his ancestors.