PDA

View Full Version : Fredricka Whitfield

ElKabong
06-15-2015, 01:17 PM
You'd think a more emphatic apology w/b in order here. The cops did a great job on this situation. She did mis-speak, but you have to be more clear in your apology, IMO

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015/06/cnn-anchor-earns-internet-scorn-for-calling-attack-on-dallas-pd-hq-courageous-and-brave.html/

Marshall Bennett
06-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Poor choice of words. I'm no fan by any means of CNN, but I don't believe she truly meant "brave and courageous" as to applaud him. More of what a daring and stupid thing to do.
Perhaps an apology would have helped her, but I honestly don't think she owed it to anyone. People should know better, imo.

Robert Fischer
06-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Pretty dumb of her

However, the article apparently misquouted her apology (i misspoke video), and that seemed to at least briefly apologize for her politically incorrect outburst.

If criminals do something it is supposed to be called 'cowardly' regardless of what happens.

Words like 'brave' are to be reserved for police, fireman, and military.

Saratoga_Mike
06-15-2015, 04:04 PM
You'd think a more emphatic apology w/b in order here. The cops did a great job on this situation. She did mis-speak, but you have to be more clear in your apology, IMO

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015/06/cnn-anchor-earns-internet-scorn-for-calling-attack-on-dallas-pd-hq-courageous-and-brave.html/

How did she misspeak? She's a reporter who knows the meaning of the words brave and courageous. Imagine if a Fox News anchor called a shooter who took shots at a DNC building "brave and courageous." The left...no make that any sane person...would go nuts and rightfully so. She should be fired.

Robert Goren
06-15-2015, 05:30 PM
I suppose it depends on your definition of "brave". The definition I learned in school many long years ago was " Doing something that risks death or near certain injury". That definition does not make a moral judgment on the act. That definition allows for some members of the Confederate Army to be considered "brave" even though what they were fighting for was morally reprehensible. I can live with that. It could be argued that what he did was "brave" by that definition. I suppose there are some White Separate Groups or Antigovernment Survivalist Groups who would call what he did as "brave". I would call it "CRAZY".
She made a poor choice of words and should be suspended for a period of time, but not fired. But I would understand why she would be because she is a reporter or anchor, not a political commentator. More telling is telling is attitude that is held by some members of the public(including Blacks, but not exclusively to Blacks) toward the police that such as statement would said on TV. This is not a new phenomenon however. It has been around for at least as long as I have been a live. Nobody hated cops more than my dad and he was white and honest and a war hero. He was sure they were all as crooked as politicians and lawyers.

Robert Fischer
06-15-2015, 07:17 PM
We have heard Caitlyn Jenner be called 'courageous' and, 'brave'.

Tom
06-15-2015, 09:24 PM

Sadly, yes we have.
They walk among us.
They breed, they vote....... :eek:

Steve 'StatMan'
06-15-2015, 09:46 PM

Of course, because she still "has balls." (kidding)