PDA

View Full Version : Gino on TVG

MYKE
06-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Does anyone kknow where gino is going? was he getting demoted or squeezed out. I liked him his picks were not always good but he was sometimes lucky

lamboguy
06-14-2015, 02:35 PM
that kid has battled lukemia and has a great attitude. hope he does real well.

olddaddy
06-14-2015, 02:57 PM
I just hope the kid is ok.

Tall One
06-14-2015, 03:24 PM
He mentioned he was leaving last night during the Los Al broadcast, but didn't elaborate. Tonight is his last spot with TVG.

Best of luck Gino in your new gig... :ThmbUp:

cj
06-14-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing it was his choice and he is moving on to something outside the industry based on his comments. He said he'll still be in So Cal and at the track occasionally. Wish him nothing but the best. We need more young, enthusiastic racing fans like him.

theiman
06-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Gino has done some minor league wrestling ring announcer duties, in both LA and Vegas, over the past year or so. I have no idea if that is where he is heading.
Best wishes and stay healthy.

Stillriledup
06-14-2015, 04:00 PM
He mentioned he was leaving last night during the Los Al broadcast, but didn't elaborate. Tonight is his last spot with TVG.

Best of luck Gino in your new gig... :ThmbUp:

Thats too bad i like Gino, i agree BOL to him going forward.

pandy
06-15-2015, 06:41 AM
I'm guessing it was his choice and he is moving on to something outside the industry based on his comments. He said he'll still be in So Cal and at the track occasionally. Wish him nothing but the best. We need more young, enthusiastic racing fans like him.

I'll second that. Gino's enthusiasm is awesome. I wish him the best as well.

BlinkersOn
06-15-2015, 08:55 PM
I hope Gino is leaving on his own. I was afraid maybe he was yet another victim of the TVG/HRTV merger. I sure hope that isn't the case. I wish him luck in his next endeavor.

duncan04
06-16-2015, 12:22 AM
I hope Gino is leaving on his own. I was afraid maybe he was yet another victim of the TVG/HRTV merger. I sure hope that isn't the case. I wish him luck in his next endeavor.

Per his Twitter account @ginotvg he said he left 100% on his own and on good terms.

thespaah
06-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Leukemia.....Wow.....I wish Gino success and good health....
He seems like a real nice kid.

PhantomOnTour
06-16-2015, 10:50 PM
I enjoyed seeing Gino grow as an announcer and handicapper.

Even his attire got better...Gino (if you're reading this) some of those early outfits were rough man :D ...then again, I'm 45yrs old and the only jeans I own are Levi's, so what do I know about style :D

Fare thee well

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 03:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmeginob

cj
11-05-2015, 03:18 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmeginob

Still nothing I've seen on why he left.

ManU918
11-05-2015, 04:21 PM
There's no doubt he got shit canned. He was a victim of the merger.

upthecreek
11-05-2015, 05:42 PM
There's no doubt he got shit canned. He was a victim of the merger.
Read post #10 He did leave on his own He's into doing something w/wrestling

ManU918
11-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Read post #10 He did leave on his own He's into doing something w/wrestling

Just because he "left on his own" doesn't mean that the brass didn't go to him to give him that option to save the embarrassment or to say his airtime was going to be cut by X amount so if he wanted to leave they would offer him a layoff.

What job does he currently have in wrestling? I don't think he has one.

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Just because he "left on his own" doesn't mean that the brass didn't go to him to give him that option to save the embarrassment or to say his airtime was going to be cut by X amount so if he wanted to leave they would offer him a layoff.

What job does he currently have in wrestling? I don't think he has one.

Seems like a stretch to leave tvg if they wanted you to stay. I guess the bigger question is why Gino? Why couldn't he make the cut? Gino is a much better handicapper than a few on there I could name, so it's not about handicapping, it must be something else.

ManU918
11-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Seems like a stretch to leave tvg if they wanted you to stay. I guess the bigger question is why Gino? Why couldn't he make the cut? Gino is a much better handicapper than a few on there I could name, so it's not about handicapping, it must be something else.

I agree hence why I think he got the hook. I thought he was horrible on air. Always blaming everyone but his own handicapping every time he lost. Sure sometimes your going to be on a live horse and it loses due to whatever reason but he bitched way way way too much IMO.

upthecreek
11-05-2015, 07:28 PM
I can't name one "on air" personality that got axed do to the merger,and there's some there that should have

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 07:49 PM
I agree hence why I think he got the hook. I thought he was horrible on air. Always blaming everyone but his own handicapping every time he lost. Sure sometimes your going to be on a live horse and it loses due to whatever reason but he bitched way way way too much IMO.

This.... although Gino would rub me wrong so many times on air.. at least he wasn't scripted. he spoke like a true horse player..Guarantee . he would be fun to have a beer with betting horses at whatever track. Someone should of groomed and mentored Gino to be a bit more professional on air.

Also they need to bring back Jeff Siegel and Aaron Vercruysse and fire up The Player Again.. Siegal is the best i seen on air that gives you the ''live'' chalk.. or lodgical (if you don't like that word) and seemed always rite to spot the bs ones at the same time.

Tom
11-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Jeff, Aaron, and Millie Ball are preparing to launch some kind of show won Xpressbet. Sample video on their homepage.

upthecreek
12-12-2015, 12:43 PM
https://www.eliteracingnetwork.com/2067-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

thaskalos
12-12-2015, 12:52 PM
https://www.eliteracingnetwork.com/2067-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
What's this...an online tip sheet?

JimG
12-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Jeff, Aaron, and Millie Ball are preparing to launch some kind of show won Xpressbet. Sample video on their homepage.

Actually, they will be involved with www.xbtv.com and will be launching after the first of the year.

Jim

ebcorde
12-12-2015, 01:10 PM
has some head scratch'er picks. And sometimes they come in.

ebcorde
12-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Actually, they will be involved with www.xbtv.com and will be launching after the first of the year.

Jim

good I like all 3. Millie is a underrated handicapper.

Canarsie
12-13-2015, 10:35 AM
This is only a guess but he might have had a no compete clause in his contract if they gave him any kind of settlement. It seems odd that he was the only somewhat major on air personality who left on his own or was fired.

I guess they wanted to keep people who dress up as a giraffe instead of an employee who was better (imo) at keeping the audience (probably around 25k) sticking around hearing what he had to say. He was a bit standoffish after losing a race but that comes with the territory I guess.

More people would follow him on twitter than managements own perceived top rated employees. So still guessing that he MIGHT have gotten a raw deal.

All of the above is pure speculation on my point.

One more thing I need to add. All you bashers can knock TLG all you want but leaving on the NYRA channel all day is the best choice out there BAR NONE. Professional from start to finish and that includes each and every crew member.