PDA

View Full Version : California Chrome Faces His Stiffest Challenge Yet On Wednesday At Royal Ascot

Bob S.
06-14-2015, 08:42 AM
http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/06/14/california-chrome-faces-his-stiffist-challenge-yet-on-wednesday-at-royal-ascot/

chadk66
06-14-2015, 09:39 AM
I don't think this is such an overwhelming test for him. The two best horses are coming off eight month layoffs. I don't think they can handle chrome with an eight month layoff even on turf unless chrome flat does not like that turf course. If that happens he'll flounder bad. I don't see that happening.

RarifiedAir
06-14-2015, 09:48 AM
its just wrong that chrome gets to leave the US and not face Pharoah. its taking the cowards way. totally unfair.

biggestal99
06-14-2015, 09:54 AM
its just wrong that chrome gets to leave the US and not face Pharoah. its taking the cowards way. totally unfair.

Dont think we will be seeing AP against older for while. :-)

Seeya at Keeneland in late October.

CC will be there.

Allan

RarifiedAir
06-14-2015, 09:57 AM

CC will be there.

Allan

it was supposed to be a clever attempt...

anyway keeneland sounds great. looking forward to it.

ronsmac
06-14-2015, 11:32 AM

CC will be there.

AllanIf American Pharoah and California Chrome both make it to the Breeders Cup, the Breeders Cup heads have to be regretting the choice of Keeneland as the host site. Their may have been 75000 fans for the Saturday card if it were held at Santa Anita.

Bob S.
06-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Perry Martin, The majority owner, has already mapped out his next 2 races after Royal Ascott: Arlington Million in August followed by the Breeders' Cup Turf at Keenland.

RXB
06-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Perry Martin, The majority owner, has already mapped out his next 2 races after Royal Ascott: Arlington Million in August followed by the Breeders' Cup Turf at Keenland.

https://twitter.com/BH_FAngst/status/605821174858137600

According to this reporter who talked with Martin, the plan is Arlington Million, Jockey Club Gold Cup, Breeders Cup Classic.

letswastemoney
06-14-2015, 12:05 PM
It's not not a hard field. The Grey Gatsby has been overhyped, and I had to watch videos of his races to understand.

Free Eagle is a very good horse though. Best horse in the race.

Some_One
06-14-2015, 07:05 PM
It's not not a hard field. The Grey Gatsby has been overhyped, and I had to watch videos of his races to understand.

Free Eagle is a very good horse though. Best horse in the race.

Finishing 2nd to Solow who is fav for the Queen Anne is overhyped?

letswastemoney
06-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Finishing 2nd to Solow who is fav for the Queen Anne is overhyped?Pretty distant second for a turf race. He wasn't even close to touching Solow.

Free Eagle should have no problem beating him.

handyman1968
06-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Finishing 2nd to Solow who is fav for the Queen Anne is overhyped?

Not to mention Dubai is always the pre season for british horses.

I will say this though that last year's 3 yr old crop world wide has been pretty ordinary (yes that includes CC) from Australia to the USA to UK/Ireland.

So the fact that his trainer Art Sherman doesn't think he's in good enough condition to tackle the race means squat? Oh that's right, probably a jealous trainer fearing the loss of his superstar correct?

From what's I'm reading in the news, CC doesn't have the proper conditioning to tackle the race Wed but we'll see....

MutuelClerk
06-14-2015, 09:28 PM
What time e.s.t. will this race be raced Wednesday?

chenoa
06-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Drawing the inside certainly does no favors, Buick will have his hands full getting the horse settled and comfortable, especially considering the UK racing style.

goatchaser
06-14-2015, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=RarifiedAir]its just wrong that chrome gets to leave the US and not face Pharoah. its taking the cowards way. totally unfair.[/QUOTe
So wrong to make a statement like that when these plans were made before the KTY Derby was even run.

chenoa
06-14-2015, 09:34 PM
What time e.s.t. will this race be raced Wednesday?

11:25am on the east coast is what I read.

nijinski
06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
We've been discussing all these things here since March . We will see
very soon . Wishing Chome a great run and safe return.

Some_One
06-14-2015, 09:58 PM
11:25am on the east coast is what I read.

11:20 am EST
16:20 am UK time

Cicada
06-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Treve came in 3rd in this race last year. Still handled the Arc easily.

letswastemoney
06-15-2015, 05:40 AM
So the fact that his trainer Art Sherman doesn't think he's in good enough condition to tackle the race means squat? Oh that's right, probably a jealous trainer fearing the loss of his superstar correct?

From what's I'm reading in the news, CC doesn't have the proper conditioning to tackle the race Wed but we'll see.... Link to where he says this?

NY BRED
06-15-2015, 06:02 AM
Not for nothing, what insane thought has now made CC
a BC turf candidate?

Redboard
06-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Looks like you can get CC for 12-1 this morning on paddypower. It’s so cool the way the betting houses compete for your wager.

http://home.comcast.net/~galacticomm/images/pow01.jpg

Redboard
06-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Looks like Coburn agrees with Bob:

Owner Steve Coburn says it will be a tough test and doesn't expect to win

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-3120290/Kentucky-Derby-winner-California-Chrome-challengers-Ascot.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

handyman1968
06-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Link to where he says this?

No Art Sherman didn't flat out say CC was in no condition to run but whatever he said gave the IMPRESSION that was the case. They've already said he shouldn't have been there, that he should have been home after Dubai. Make what you want of it but just a word of advice...back in the days of the big betting syndicates in Hong Kong racing, there were people trained just for that purposes...listening to trainer and jockey interviews, scouring the news and HANDICAPPING that piece of information!

What did you expect for Ray Guest to say? That the horse came to him in terrible shape and that he failed in getting him ready to race? Of course he's gonna say "I did the best I could and he's as fit as I can get him and hope he runs a good race"

All that is moot now that CC has been withdrawn.....it does not prove me right one way or another but I still take comfort that this game is still just one person's opinion against another.

nijinski
06-15-2015, 06:53 PM
Link to where he says this?

He has said on several occasions Chrome was a tired horse .
You can read into the interviews of both Guest and Dettori
and get the impression he may not have been ready .

nijinski
06-15-2015, 06:55 PM
He has said on several occasions Chrome was a tired horse .
You can read into the interviews of both Guest and Dettori
and get the impression he may not have been ready .

With his scratch , we'll never know .