PDA

View Full Version : Google Your Name

cj's dad
06-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Every 3 months or so I go to Google and enter my full name and do a search to see what turns up. A friend recommended this several years ago and I have found that I have had a parking ticket that I was not aware of, that I missed jury duty ( a letter I did not receive) and a few other minor issues.

On June 8th, I did this and when directed to a web site Buildzoom.com where I was listed as having pulled 3 electrical permits to do home renovations in Laurel, Md. One of thwo things has happened; the contractor for these projects (same person) for all 3 pulled the permits or the web site is in error.
I have contacted both; the GC by phone who "knows nothing" about this and the web site by e-mail. I am still waiting for a response from them.

I think if I can prove that the general contractor (GC) pulled the permits he has committed fraud or if the site is in error that I may be able to take legal action against one or the other (or both).

I would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Remember to check your name periodically through a search engine.

JustRalph
06-13-2015, 06:19 PM
I think it's a good idea. Been doing it for years. :ThmbUp:

Many online experts say you should also own your name as a domain

Such as. www.yourname.com

And

www.yourname.org

I was once threatened by a foreign cab driver out of Chicago named Ralph. He was using "Justralph" as an online moniker. He found out I owned the domain and threatened to sue me, and more btw, if I did not sell it to him for cost.

I sent him a polite email showing where I had used the moniker all the way back in the early AOL days. Never heard back.

098poi
06-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Looks like I died in 1995.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-13-2015, 10:29 PM

Lucky bastard. You've avoided all the crap we've seen in the last 20 years....

Rookies
06-13-2015, 11:24 PM
For me, only some genealogical entries that I was fully aware of- because I entered them.

upthecreek
06-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Mine says degenerate horse player! :lol:

Marshall Bennett
06-14-2015, 12:02 PM
Mine says I'm doing a life prison term. Is that what this fkd up world has been reduced to? :cool:

highnote
06-14-2015, 12:32 PM
I found a comment I made in the comment section of an obituary for a high school classmate.

I also appeared in the credits for a documentary I worked on in 1991!

whodoyoulike
06-14-2015, 02:48 PM

Sorry for your loss.

dartman51
06-14-2015, 03:27 PM

Looks like I died in 2008, in Brownfield, Texas. Funny, I don't remember ever being in Brownfield, Texas. :eek:

Track Collector
06-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Looks like I died in a couple of different places and times.

I wonder how this will affect my future (and some past) tax returns. :eek:

And what about my voting? Those evil Republicans and voter fraud :)

sammy the sage
06-14-2015, 08:58 PM
there are 17 people w/my name in just this state ALONE...much less the other 49...WHY would I bother to google my name... :faint: :eek:

cj's dad
06-14-2015, 09:02 PM
there are 17 people w/my name in just this state ALONE...much less the other 49...WHY would I bother to google my name... :faint: :eek:
Then don't f...ing do it; it was only a suggestion. Apparently there are a few more in Fla. and the other 49 that have the last name of ahole !!:faint::eek:

Chaka26
06-14-2015, 10:01 PM
If you are dead you should be able to get your life insurance claim paid :)

JustRalph
06-14-2015, 11:56 PM

That's actually a good thing. My name shows about 17 people all over the country. I would trade for 50.

Zaf
06-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Shows that I am a lawyer in addition to my current profession :D

Z

sammy the sage
06-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Then don't f...ing do it; it was only a suggestion. Apparently there are a few more in Fla. and the other 49 that have the last name of ahole !!:faint::eek:

was called that TWICE on the SAME day...the other guy on the phone personal like...probably won't be the last time either...people..."just can't handle the truth"....

098poi
06-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you, I still haven't gotten over it.

Robert Goren
06-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Still shows I am still the one and only with my name ever. But this time, a guy showed up with a letter off in the spelling of my last name. My real name is Perry Tunks. The other guy's name is Perry Tonks. Both Tunks and Tonks are derivatives of an English noble family, Tonk. Are you bored yet?

Track Collector
06-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Still shows I am still the one and only with my name ever. But this time, a guy showed up with a letter off in the spelling of my last name. My real name is Perry Tunks. The other guy's name is Perry Tonks. Both Tunks and Tonks are derivatives of an English noble family, Tonk. Are you bored yet?

Tonk (or Tunk, which I only now just learned). Used to play this card game for money in my early 20's at the local bowling alley! It was more rewarding than feeding quarters into the pinball machines. :eek: