PDA

View Full Version : Cheney should go first

hcap
05-30-2004, 09:41 AM
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040607-644111,00.html

The Paper Trail
Did Cheney Okay a Deal?

"The e-mail says Feith approved arrangements for the contract "contingent on informing WH [White House] tomorrow. We anticipate no issues since action has been coordinated w VP's [Vice President's] office." Three days later, the Army Corps of Engineers gave Halliburton the contract, without seeking other bids. TIME located the e-mail among documents provided by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group.

Cheney spokesman Kevin Kellems says the Vice President "has played no role whatsoever in government-contract decisions involving Halliburton" since 2000. A Pentagon spokesman says the e-mail means merely that "in anticipation of controversy over the award of a sole-source contract to Halliburton, we wanted to give the Vice President's staff a heads-up."

New congressional committee needed. To actually report BEFORE the election.

http://www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/posters/images/tn_remember911.jpg

Secretariat
05-31-2004, 02:13 PM
HCap,

I disagree. I want Cheyney on the ticket. He is one serious liability. When he debates...whoever,,,,he has got some unbeliveable things to answer.....trust me...he hurst the Bush ticket and hurts him bad..can you imagine saying, if anything happens to me, this is the man that will be taking over...

Honestly, if Bush had a heart attack or was seriouslyinjured falling off a bike, and Cheyney was put in charge, people would take to the street...

Buckeye
05-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Not in Arizona they wouldn't.

cj
05-31-2004, 02:15 PM
In a way, I'm almost rooting for Kerry. Think about it...if he wins, no Hillary attempt until 2012! I think the Dems know this too, and they don't really want to win. How else do you explain putting this guy up?

Buckeye
05-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Excuse me . . .

Not in Wyoming they wouldn't.

Buckeye
05-31-2004, 02:20 PM
He's pretty weak, even by their standands.
Who else do they have though? :)

Secretariat
05-31-2004, 02:22 PM
But I think the streets of Washington DC would see more people than you've see in a long, long time!!!!!

But I'm in agreement Buckeye..Keep Cheyney on the Bush ticket. Frankly, I can't think of anyone better for him to run with. It's a perfect tandem.

Tom
05-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Who is Kerry getting as a VP?

Latka is dead.
Curly is dead.
Sadamm is in jail.
Bin Laden is hiding.
Jimmy Carter is building porches.
Janet Reno is being sued for breaking the Universal at the gym.
Dean has scheduled a coniption fit for November. Heeeeeyaaaaa!
Amazin is AWOL.

What's a loser to do?

:D

bill
05-31-2004, 05:58 PM
powell would be good

seems to be switching ;) :rolleyes:

Tom
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
bill,
Good one.
Kerry/Powell. A marriage that could onle be made in Massachessettes! ;)

JustRalph
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Who is Kerry getting as a VP?

Jimmy Carter is building porches.
What's a loser to do?:D

Tom you kill me................ Carter the only President who needs secret service protection from a Rabbit...............

http://www.newsoftheodd.com/article1021.html

Secretariat
06-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bill
powell would be good

seems to be switching ;) :rolleyes:

Bill,

A lot of people are promoting a bipartisan ticket like that or Kerry-McCain. I don't know. There's a lot of good men. Actually someone like Sam Nunn may be a good nominee, or Clark or Edwards. Personally, I'm glad he's taking his time and considering alternatives, something this admin rarely does.

Certainly don't want to end up with a Dan Qualye or Dick Cheyney.