PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh's slip of the tongue

horses4courses
06-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Could prove to be be costly, for once.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sue-wilson/rush-limbaugh-stepped-into-it-this-time_b_7539348.html?utm_hp_ref=media&ir=Media

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1851236/images/n-RUSH-LIMBAUGH-large570.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
06-12-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't think he's too worried about an FCC fine for a TNT caliber cuss word.

horses4courses
06-12-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't think he's too worried about an FCC fine for a TNT caliber cuss word.

You're right, unless it's amplified.

The minimum fine the FCC imposes for a single indecency offense is $7,000, and the maximum is $325,000. But Limbaugh's website says he airs on 590 individual stations nationwide. And you can bet that the Flush Rush Facebook group and #StopRush twitter volunteers, who have taken nearly every advertiser away from Limbaugh's program by simply educating sponsors as to what Rush really rants about, will be making complaints about every last station.

That would add up to a minimum fine of $4,130,000, but a maximum of $191,750,000. That is way too much money for stations who are already losing money airing Limbaugh's show to cough up.

johnhannibalsmith
06-12-2015, 08:23 PM
You're right, unless it's amplified.

At which point you'll have to decide what is more important to you:

a) some petty ire towards a buffoon on the radio

b) a government entity shutting down one of the all-time most listened to radio broadcasts over the word "bullshit".

I think even the ACLU would be in the Limbaugh corner on that one.

And the FCC will only nibble at the hand that feeds it, so you won't have to decide.

badcompany
06-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Yeah, he's gonna be fined $200 million for saying "Bullsh*t" on the air :lol:

What color is the sky in your world, H4C?

horses4courses
06-12-2015, 08:29 PM
He should be waterboarded in Gitmo for treason.

Clocker
06-12-2015, 08:31 PM
What color is the sky in your world, H4C?

Purple, the same color as the Kool Aid he drinks.

davew
06-12-2015, 09:02 PM
He should be waterboarded in Gitmo for treason.

right beside 0bama?

Robert Goren
06-12-2015, 09:47 PM
It is the religious right which is a large part of audience that insists FCC fine broadcasters for things like this. God forgive me, but seeing a conservative a dose of his medicine bring joy to my heart.

Rookies
06-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Man oh man, there are dozens of things to go after Windbag about or that completely classless beeatch Coulter, but saying b.s., on the air?

Come on America! :bang:

Clocker
06-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Man oh man, there are dozens of things to go after Windbag about or that completely classless beeatch Coulter, but saying b.s., on the air?

Go after them? For expressing opinions?

They are preaching to the choir. The only people offended by them are people who listen to them hoping to be offended. :D

LottaKash
06-12-2015, 11:52 PM
With all the wickedness and perversion that abounds, in the movies, on the TV, and especially in the "MUSIC", in this nation these days, this has got to be the biggest crock of bullchit of all...

What hard markers the commies are these days...

Oh my lord, he said bull chit, I think I will faint...

Get Real Amerika....

TJDave
06-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Shit is what Bulls do, mostly.

hcap
06-13-2015, 05:37 AM
I am only hoping the next time he gives a televised commentary, he has a "wardrobe malfunction" ala Janet Jackson and blinds 1/2 of his fawning conservative lemming-like admirers, and is fined accordingly.

We may even lose some fawning fans here :lol: :lol:

MutuelClerk
06-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Didn't LeBron just have a wardrobe malfunction?

hcap
06-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Didn't LeBron just have a wardrobe malfunction?Yes, but would not be surprised if 1/2 of those same fawning conservative lemming-like gasbag admirers, were just now blinded by LeBron. :lol:

Tom
06-13-2015, 09:08 AM
The most popular radio host in America is famous for spreading lies, propaganda, misogyny, and hate over our publicly owned airwaves. But the Federal Communications Commission, which oversees the public interest in broadcasting, has consistently stood by Limbaugh's First Amendment right to say whatever he wants, no matter how many people he harms or offends.

Pot, meet Kettle.
Huffpo as a source?
Wassup wit dat? MAD Magazine late this month? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, so what? As your title says, slip of the tongue.
You have now sunk to 46's level of irrelevance.

Tom
06-13-2015, 09:10 AM
b) a government entity shutting down one of the all-time most listened to radio broadcasts over the word "bullshit".

This is how people like H4C think, sad as it is to believe.
HE would be ok with it, I am sure.

Hey, when you got no card to play, this is your strategy.
He and the lemmings on the left cannot ever hope to challenge Rush on facts....this is all they are. Nothings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
06-13-2015, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]It is the religious right which is a large part of audience that insists FCC fine broadcasters for things like this. God forgive me, but seeing a conservative a dose of his medicine bring joy to my heart.[/QUOTE

So tell me the link between BS and religion?

Tom
06-13-2015, 09:13 AM

Come on America! :bang:

Not America, the liberals.

Tom
06-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Go after them? For expressing opinions?

They are preaching to the choir. The only people offended by them are people who listen to them hoping to be offended. :D

Right on.
Nothing worth listening to in Canada?
I never listen to French radio then whine about it. ;) :D

classhandicapper
06-13-2015, 09:19 AM
I read the first couple of paragraphs of that blog entry and my first thought was that whoever wrote it is a way bigger problem for American politics than Rush.

Tom
06-13-2015, 10:23 AM
New mantra....Enuff of the Huff.

Robert Goren
06-13-2015, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]It is the religious right which is a large part of audience that insists FCC fine broadcasters for things like this. God forgive me, but seeing a conservative a dose of his medicine bring joy to my heart.[/QUOTE

So tell me the link between BS and religion?You would have ask a member of the religious right that one? I am not the one who objects to use of the word "shit" on radio or TV. Nor do I know of any other liberal who does.

Tom
06-13-2015, 11:05 AM
:bang: [QUOTE=Tom]You would have ask a member of the religious right that one? I am not the one who objects to use of the word "shit" on radio or TV. Nor do I know of any other liberal who does.

Well now, how many religous right people do you know? :rolleyes: