PDA

View Full Version : Karl Broberg has 59 wins -106 starts.

Pages : [1] 2

Kash$
06-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Winning close to 60% of his races..funny...

woodbinepmi
06-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Have some friends in Louisiana who believe something is not right with this, he gets a horse that will be running Beyers in the 40's next couple races they improve 20 points. Then someone will claim them and it's right back to the 40's, and his winning percentage drops as soon as he is outside Louisiana.

taxicab
06-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Karl B.....Coming soon to a 24 hour drive through pharmacy near you. :rolleyes:

taxicab
06-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Have some friends in Louisiana who believe something is not right with this, he gets a horse that will be running Beyers in the 40's next couple races they improve 20 points. Then someone will claim them and it's right back to the 40's, and his winning percentage drops as soon as he is outside Louisiana.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/75228/jockey-club-denies-broberg-miyadi

Kash$
06-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Evangeline..funny....

Milkshaker
06-11-2015, 10:03 PM
I enjoy following Delta/Evangeline nightly and at this point I refuse to bet on or against him.

So on a typical 10-race card, if he has 5 in, that's five races I just don't even look at.

chadk66
06-11-2015, 10:04 PM
when did the jockey club start doing this? I've never heard of this before. I'm glad to see it

moneyandland
06-11-2015, 10:34 PM

Yeah he's only winning 40% in Iowa, 39% in Texas

Milkshaker
06-11-2015, 11:00 PM
From brobergracing.com (emphasis mine):

Broberg ended up buying a few horses and placing them with veteran trainer John Locke in 2007, and before long he was spending as much time as he could in the stable area...Taking over When Locke, a FORMER PRACTICING VETERINARIAN who saddled the winners of more than 1,200 races in the Southwest, started talking about retiring from training, Broberg saw his chance to finally get into racing with a ready-made stable. He made an offer to buy Locke out, including the sizable stable of runners that Locke owned...Broberg said “WE WERE ABLE TO GET THE RESULTS WITHOUT VERY MANY VET BILLS, and we did everything right without wasting money. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get that anywhere else."

Stillriledup
06-13-2015, 03:30 AM
Interesting how this trainer is pulling a 'chamberlain-esque' feat and yet there are barely any views or responses to this thread.

WHY?

lamboguy
06-13-2015, 05:10 AM
after watching Roger Engle destroy the Will Rodger's meet, i can now see that 50% and up winning percentage is possible. i never thought anyone could ever do it with the number of starts, but the game has proven me wrong once again.

as far as betting on these amazing stats, you are still a loser if you bet every single one of them, maybe even a bigger loser than if you were betting an 8% trainer every time out of the gate to win. what i generally do when these guys are in a race is make an odds model for show and bet either on or against them. it might be boring but at least i figured out ahead of time that since i am not in the know of these horse of these super stars i can't win betting win on them and they don't lose enough to make money betting against them either.

tanner12oz
06-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Karl B.....Coming soon to a 24 hour drive through pharmacy near you. :rolleyes:

he have violation history?

cj
06-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Yeah he's only winning 40% in Iowa, 39% in Texas

He was pretty dominant at Remington as well, deadly first off the claim of course.

Track Phantom
06-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Saturday, June 13, Canterbury Park Race 8 (Paul Bunyun Stakes). Karl Broberg shipped in #5 A Milky Way (7-2 morning line). It was a very evenly matched race, all looked like they had a chance.

In the gate, the #5 A Milky Way was 4-1. Mid-race, he dropped to 5-2. At the end, he was 3-2 and won like he was shot out of a canyon halfway through the race.

I'd love to know when and how much was bet late in the betting. If anyone can see this and share it, I would appreciate it.

Donttellmeshowme
06-13-2015, 05:29 PM

But he hasnt been caught yet so what gives?

Donttellmeshowme
06-13-2015, 05:34 PM
when did the jockey club start doing this? I've never heard of this before. I'm glad to see it

doing what?

La billos
06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Saturday, June 13, Canterbury Park Race 8 (Paul Bunyun Stakes). Karl Broberg shipped in #5 A Milky Way (7-2 morning line). It was a very evenly matched race, all looked like they had a chance.

In the gate, the #5 A Milky Way was 4-1. Mid-race, he dropped to 5-2. At the end, he was 3-2 and won like he was shot out of a canyon halfway through the race.

I'd love to know when and how much was bet late in the betting. If anyone can see this and share it, I would appreciate it.

Here's the info on my betting site. Not a crazy amount in the pool but somebody probably put 3k or so late on him
http://i.imgur.com/7rrOROy.jpg

Track Phantom
06-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Here's the info on my betting site. Not a crazy amount in the pool but somebody probably put 3k or so late on him
http://i.imgur.com/7rrOROy.jpg

Thanks for this. Nothing bothers me more than connections that are clearly cheating that also need to dip into the parimutuel pool and steal from players, as well.

Stillriledup
06-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Thanks for this. Nothing bothers me more than connections that are clearly cheating that also need to dip into the parimutuel pool and steal from players, as well.

If you Are born to cheat, horse Racing is a great sport to get involved in, its pretty much accepted, cheaters get small wrist slaps (if that) and life goes on and so does the beat. Once in a while they single out Rick Dutrow or Roman Chapa and come down hard, but thats just for show, nothing changes.

chadk66
06-13-2015, 07:29 PM
doing what?penalizing trainers for these types of offenses. I don't recall them ever doing that years ago.

green80
06-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Broberg has to play by the same rules as everybody else. His horses all go to the same test barn. I've seen days when he couldn't buy a winner. The guy gets on a good run and everyone thinks he is cheating.

Stillriledup
06-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Broberg has to play by the same rules as everybody else. His horses all go to the same test barn. I've seen days when he couldn't buy a winner. The guy gets on a good run and everyone thinks he is cheating.

This is a good point because if it wasnt for the testing in cycling, lance armstrong would have never gotten caught.

Saratoga_Mike
06-14-2015, 05:16 PM
penalizing trainers for these types of offenses. I don't recall them ever doing that years ago.

Great question - I'm not defending this guy for a second, but there are worse offenders -- were they prevented from registering foals with the JC? I've never seen this penalty before.

Saratoga_Mike
06-14-2015, 05:18 PM
This is a good point because if it wasnt for the testing in cycling, lance armstrong would have never gotten caught.

Just on a little lucky streak :rolleyes:

Donttellmeshowme
06-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Great question - I'm not defending this guy for a second, but there are worse offenders -- were they prevented from registering foals with the JC? I've never seen this penalty before.

definetely worst offenders-i think he has had minor drug penalties the usual bute, banamine overages but i could be wrong.

gfnut
06-14-2015, 07:08 PM

PED's are in almost every sport where there is big money. You can see this at tracks all over the country. Some trainers are better at hiding it that others. It's another factor you have think about when handicapping.

Milkshaker
06-14-2015, 10:12 PM
definetely worst offender...but i could be wrong.

So which is it?

cj
06-14-2015, 10:51 PM

A good run? Wow.

moneyandland
06-14-2015, 11:24 PM

6 out of 10 is a good run, 60 out of a 100 turns the spotlight upon you

Donttellmeshowme
06-14-2015, 11:29 PM
So which is it?

which is what? i said there are worst offenders than him.

Zaf
06-14-2015, 11:49 PM
“If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying hard enough” — Chicago Cubs first basemen, Mark Grace

Stillriledup
06-15-2015, 02:47 AM
which is what? i said there are worst offenders than him.
There are trainers who win more than 60 pct?

lamboguy
06-15-2015, 04:23 AM
There are trainers who win more than 60 pct?i would imagine that if you were looking at things from Broberg's perspective he must be in shock that he is losing 40% of the time.

Stillriledup
06-15-2015, 06:03 AM
i would imagine that if you were looking at things from Broberg's perspective he must be in shock that he is losing 40% of the time.

Funny thing is that if he won 100 in a row and he was 100 for 100 at the meet, he would still be in the paddock the next day saddling starter number 101 without a care in the world.

Donttellmeshowme
06-15-2015, 07:37 AM
There are trainers who win more than 60 pct?

I dont know of any

green80
06-15-2015, 08:00 PM
6 out of 10 is a good run, 60 out of a 100 turns the spotlight upon you

Just use broberg in all your bets if you think something is going on. You will have 60% winners. Why handicap? I have never come close to 60% winners out of 100 races

Stillriledup
06-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Just use broberg in all your bets if you think something is going on. You will have 60% winners. Why handicap? I have never come close to 60% winners out of 100 races

The smart thing to do is never bet ON him, why pay a 'premium" in price? If he loses 40 out of 100, figure out which short priced runners are strictly 4-5 because of the humans and bet accordingly.

Track Collector
06-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Don't know if this is done, but could not testing samples be kept for a significant period of time, say several years? That way they could be retroactively tested for substances that would be considered illegal, but not found at the time of the win because current testing was not geared to detect THAT specific substance? Currently bad guys don't have to wait very long before they know whether or not they beat the system.

Of course all is a moot point if racing jurisdictions are not willing to hand out significant and meaning penalties for obvious wrong-doing.

Track Collector
06-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Although I don't know specifically how to do this, would it not be possible to examine this trainer's win percentage statistically in comparison to the win percentages of all trainers?

For example, determine the average trainer's win percent, calculate the Standard Deviation, then determine where in the bell curve this person's win percentage falls. I remember from statistics that +- 3 standard deviations represent approximately 98% of the bell curve. If this guy's rate puts him at something like +7 or +8 standard deviations, then that might be a very good indicator that he is either super-human or doing something illegal (with the latter being more likely).

I suspect there are other possible means for testing the likelihood as well.

green80
06-15-2015, 09:37 PM
a lot of his wins are coming in Texas and they are one of the most strict when it comes to drug testing, hardly allowing anything.

outofthebox
06-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Funny thing is that if he won 100 in a row and he was 100 for 100 at the meet, he would still be in the paddock the next day saddling starter number 101 without a care in the world.I've never seen him put a saddle on a horse, not sure if he knows how..

Stillriledup
06-15-2015, 09:42 PM
I've never seen him put a saddle on a horse, not sure if he knows how..
And yet winning 60 percent.

Interesting.

Donttellmeshowme
06-15-2015, 09:59 PM
a lot of his wins are coming in Texas and they are one of the most strict when it comes to drug testing, hardly allowing anything.

he has more wins in Louisiana than Texas by far

brogers
06-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Although I don't know specifically how to do this, would it not be possible to examine this trainer's win percentage statistically in comparison to the win percentages of all trainers?

For example, determine the average trainer's win percent, calculate the Standard Deviation, then determine where in the bell curve this person's win percentage falls. I remember from statistics that +- 3 standard deviations represent approximately 98% of the bell curve. If this guy's rate puts him at something like +7 or +8 standard deviations, then that might be a very good indicator that he is either super-human or doing something illegal (with the latter being more likely).

I suspect there are other possible means for testing the likelihood as well.

It's called a Z-Score or Standard Score.

I have completed it on the 2014 year for all trainers that had at least 50 starts in the year (1344). The percentage is not quite normally distributed but when you do a log of the win% you end up with a normal distribution which allows interpretation.

1.64SD above the average is where the top 10% of the population occurs (that is 90% of all trainers fall under this). This is a win percentage of 26%. There are names like Broberg, Navarro and Zaidie at or above this figure but there are also names like Nafzger and Jones (Larry) in there also so it is hardly a definitive metric.

Having a high win% is not unusual in itself. You could have a trainer that is spotting his horses well or dropping them in class to get rid of them, but having a high ROI and a high win% is another thing altogether. Betting markets are somewhat rational so if a trainer is not only getting a high win% but also a high ROI, that would raise a red flag for me at least as the market should be pricing in horses that are being dropped significantly in class and/or pricing correctly horses that are out of their class. If a trainer starts having 10/1 bombs that he shouldn't, and he is also kicking them out at a high win rate, that looks a problem.

Unfortunately I dont have easy access to the ROI for these trainers. If anyone does have ROI's on trainers and is happy to supply them I'd be glad to add it to the figures and maybe come up with something a little more useful.

Milkshaker
06-15-2015, 11:37 PM

I have completed it on the 2014 year for all trainers that had at least 50 starts in the year (1344). The percentage is not quite normally distributed but when you do a log of the win% you end up with a normal distribution which allows interpretation.

1.64SD above the average is where the top 10% of the population occurs (that is 90% of all trainers fall under this). This is a win percentage of 26%. There are names like Broberg, Navarro and Zaidie at or above this figure but there are also names like Nafzger and Jones (Larry) in there also so it is hardly a definitive metric.

Having a high win% is not unusual in itself. You could have a trainer that is spotting his horses well or dropping them in class to get rid of them, but having a high ROI and a high win% is another thing altogether. Betting markets are somewhat rational so if a trainer is not only getting a high win% but also a high ROI, that would raise a red flag for me at least as the market should be pricing in horses that are being dropped significantly in class and/or pricing correctly horses that are out of their class. If a trainer starts having 10/1 bombs that he shouldn't, and he is also kicking them out at a high win rate, that looks a problem.

Unfortunately I dont have easy access to the ROI for these trainers. If anyone does have ROI's on trainers and is happy to supply them I'd be glad to add it to the figures and maybe come up with something a little more useful.

Excellent stuff Brogers, thank you for posting.

I too have been looking for high win% paired with high ROI rankings.

But I never found such a list, and I never could have explained the theory behind it as eloquently as you did.

Stillriledup
06-16-2015, 12:32 AM

I think the problem is that these horses are essentially 5 and 10-1 shots but go off 3-5 because of Broberg.

Also, the win percentages aren't as big of a factor as HOW the horses are winning. How is more telling than IF.

Speed figure companies like THorograph have data on "move up" trainers, so they can see which trainers are 'exploding' horses and which trainers are winning thru placement.

Track Collector
06-16-2015, 12:20 PM

Good stuff brogers, thanks for your input.

Let me do some checking..........I may be able to provide the info you want.

green80
06-17-2015, 01:35 PM
he has more wins in Louisiana than Texas by far

My point was that Texas allows nothing but lasix in the blood test after a win.
No other medication, wheras other states allow certain levels of other medications in the post race testing.

Stillriledup
06-17-2015, 01:43 PM
My point was that Texas allows nothing but lasix in the blood test after a win.
No other medication, wheras other states allow certain levels of other medications in the post race testing.

But if they don't know what they're testing for, they won't find it. Is that how testing works?

Luckycreed
06-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Two from two at Louisiana Downs on Tuesday at 3-1 and 8-5 with the bookmaker I was looking at.

In over thirty years in and around racing I have never heard of anything like this a strike rate that high over that many runners.

In Australia at any time you might have one or two trainers hitting at better than 20% across their last hundred runners 25% would be very rare indeed over 100 starters.I know field sizes are smaller in the States but 60%....mind blowing.

Luckycreed
06-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Sorry I meant Wednesday .Anyway today he has two runners at the same venue race two no1 no live market 8-5 forecast and race3 no3 5-2 forecast.

green80
06-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Sorry I meant Wednesday .Anyway today he has two runners at the same venue race two no1 no live market 8-5 forecast and race3 no3 5-2 forecast.

He ran 3 yesterday, 6/17 at LaD, 2 wins and a 2nd. Ran one today, Win.

chadk66
06-19-2015, 09:09 AM
something smells a little stinky.

Stillriledup
06-19-2015, 12:56 PM
something smells a little stinky.

It's the smell of WINNING!! :D

You going to be at Bro's HOF induction? seems like 'racing' feels this guy is legit because he's still in the sport.

So If 'racing' says its legit, it must be legit.

Right?

proximity
06-19-2015, 01:52 PM
So If 'racing' says its legit, it must be legit.

Right?

sixty percent is outrageous. hell, HALF that percentage should raise serious eyebrows..... ESPECIALLY AT A TRACK/REGION THAT IS TYPICALLY NEAR THE TOP IN FIELD SIZES.

to answer your question though, racing is a strange bird.

have you ever seen another pastime where people are still so supportive of one another when an outfit with off the charts percentages (and often at MULTIPLE tracks :faint: ) has such a negative influence on the livelihoods of his/her peers?????

this fraternity of horsemen is closer than a bunch of coat hangers in a friggin' closet.

at our local track we have low percentage connections sipping coffee and sharing laughs at the gap with supers and then asking questions like "who is proximity?"

wells, sure you caught me. i'm just a bum railbird. ain't no horseman so my opinions on the game don't matter.

meanwhile supers are out there winning almost twice as much as you're hitting the board.

very nice.

Stillriledup
06-19-2015, 04:07 PM
No doubt Prox, the rival trainers just sit back, sip coffee and laugh about it, theyre 1 for 22 at the meet and they're asking the super if they need a shoe shine or need their new Mercedes waxed.

green80
06-20-2015, 05:39 PM
HGH creme, rub it on horses, doesn't test. That's the word on the backside anyway.

Kash$
06-20-2015, 07:41 PM
sixty percent is outrageous. hell, HALF that percentage should raise serious eyebrows..... ESPECIALLY AT A TRACK/REGION THAT IS TYPICALLY NEAR THE TOP IN FIELD SIZES.

to answer your question though, racing is a strange bird.

have you ever seen another pastime where people are still so supportive of one another when an outfit with off the charts percentages (and often at MULTIPLE tracks :faint: ) has such a negative influence on the livelihoods of his/her peers?????

this fraternity of horsemen is closer than a bunch of coat hangers in a friggin' closet.

at our local track we have low percentage connections sipping coffee and sharing laughs at the gap with supers and then asking questions like "who is proximity?"

wells, sure you caught me. i'm just a bum railbird. ain't no horseman so my opinions on the game don't matter.

meanwhile supers are out there winning almost twice as much as you're hitting the board.

very nice.

Go look up the Harness trainers at Mohawk

outofthebox
06-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Three off the board finishes with horses that were pounded to favorite last night at Evd. Hope that trend continues tonight as i have one entered against him..

Donttellmeshowme
06-25-2015, 10:45 AM
Three off the board finishes with horses that were pounded to favorite last night at Evd. Hope that trend continues tonight as i have one entered against him..

And which one would that be?

outofthebox
06-25-2015, 07:17 PM
#5 Christopher Cat

affirmedny
06-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Just won the 100k Iowa distaff at Prairie.

Donttellmeshowme
07-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Hes still winning at a nice clip but the last couple days hes has only 2 wins in 14 starts

wonatthewire1
07-03-2015, 08:31 PM
If you Are born to cheat, horse Racing is a great sport to get involved in, its pretty much accepted, cheaters get small wrist slaps (if that) and life goes on and so does the beat. Once in a while they single out Rick Dutrow or Roman Chapa and come down hard, but thats just for show, nothing changes.

Name one business, game or other activity where no one cheats. I'm in one of the biggest companies in the country and deal with it 90% of the day

Stillriledup
07-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Name one business, game or other activity where no one cheats. I'm in one of the biggest companies in the country and deal with it 90% of the day

My point was that in racing if you get caught cheating, nothing happens. If you get caught cheating or stealing in business, you can get fired or arrested, that's not happening in horse racing for the most part.

Donttellmeshowme
07-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Hes heating up again 4 wins in 6 starts yesterday

Stillriledup
07-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Hes heating up again 4 wins in 6 starts yesterday

Yes, if he only won 3 of 6 he would be in a cold streak (for him)

LottaKash
07-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Winning close to 60% of his races..funny...

What is his ROI ?...I may have to take a closer look... :jump:

Stillriledup
07-10-2015, 07:59 PM
I don't see anyone defending this guy as an oats and hay operation, anyone want to give it a crack?

Btw how about some new emoticons the one I want to use isnt available :(

cj
07-29-2015, 09:07 PM
He is so good now trainers aren't bothering to run against him, 4 of 7 entered scratched out of the 6th tonight and his 7 horse is 1-9.

cj
07-29-2015, 09:16 PM
His horse broke down turning for home, wasn't pretty.

Lemon Drop Husker
07-29-2015, 09:18 PM

Man. This has been an ugly day for Horse Racing. :(

outofthebox
07-29-2015, 09:49 PM
CJ this horse was nominated for a stake at LAD on the 8th of Aug and was going to be the favorite without Heitai showing up. Shame this happened

Donttellmeshowme
07-29-2015, 10:14 PM
CJ this horse was nominated for a stake at LAD on the 8th of Aug and was going to be the favorite without Heitai showing up. Shame this happened

They were very high on this horse...

Sunday Silence
07-30-2015, 02:38 AM
He's got nothing on Doug O'Neill when he's got the milkshakes going. 6 horses running today, 5 win, 1 runs second (to an O'Neill winner). This from a trainer struggling to hit at .10 when not juicing. All of his horses are running lengths better now..

ultracapper
07-30-2015, 03:39 AM
Of course O'Neill has the large share of Reddam's horses, and every homebred in the barn is firing like Clint Eastwood on Italian holiday.

reckless
07-30-2015, 08:55 AM
He's got nothing on Doug O'Neill when he's got the milkshakes going. 6 horses running today, 5 win, 1 runs second (to an O'Neill winner). This from a trainer struggling to hit at .10 when not juicing. All of his horses are running lengths better now..

Sunday, is there any way to tell if and when a trainer juices his horses? I'd like to know because I am getting tired of handicapping 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.

Is Bill Mott a juicer? He rarely won with maidens with the same capacity as he did with his older, established runners. Nowadays, it seems Mott wins almost all of the maiden races at the Spa. Is Mott juicing now, in your opinion, as opposed to his previous 30+ years as a trainer?

cj
07-30-2015, 10:53 AM
They were very high on this horse...

Seems odd to run him in a starter race in that case.

castaway01
07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Sunday, is there any way to tell if and when a trainer juices his horses? I'd like to know because I am getting tired of handicapping 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week.

Is Bill Mott a juicer? He rarely won with maidens with the same capacity as he did with his older, established runners. Nowadays, it seems Mott wins almost all of the maiden races at the Spa. Is Mott juicing now, in your opinion, as opposed to his previous 30+ years as a trainer?

You have to give Mott the benefit of the doubt because of his long, clean history. The idea that he'd suddenly only start cheating is unlikely. However, it's just another example of how the cheaters tarnish everyone. It's like in baseball---if a guy goes on a home run tear, people say, "He's another juicer" even if there is no evidence of that. Guys who win 50% for an extended period of time probably deserve that suspicion while trainers who go on a hot streak might just be on a hot streak.

lamboguy
07-30-2015, 11:20 AM

i could have told you a month earlier that SAGE HALL was going to win first time out. all that guys horses from that mare, CAYUGA'S WATERS we have trained before they got to Mott.

last year we couldn't win a race, this year we are winning everything. so far 12 two year old winners all over with the best horses yet to be on the racetracks of America.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2015, 03:30 PM
You have to give Mott the benefit of the doubt because of his long, clean history.Mott was busted once...for an overage I believe...

Stillriledup
07-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Mott was busted once...for an overage I believe...

If youre only busted once in decades of training, youre clean.

Donttellmeshowme
07-30-2015, 05:09 PM

depending on when the next stakes race was for the horse they might of been trying to get a race for him in between stakes races. And he was eligible for that starter race.

cj
07-30-2015, 05:44 PM
And he was eligible for that starter race.

Yes, obviously.

I'm not knocking the guy for the horse breaking down. That can happen to anyone.

outofthebox
07-30-2015, 07:56 PM
depending on when the next stakes race was for the horse they might of been trying to get a race for him in between stakes races. And he was eligible for that starter race.It was a good spot. A bit close to the sprint stake at LAD on the 8th of Aug. Maybe he was thinking a nice payday for a public workout.

Milkshaker
07-31-2015, 12:27 AM

I'm not pretending there isn't some sort of "better living through pharmacology" regimen going on in this stable, but part of Broberg's dominance at EvD & Delta has to do with his sizable stable affording him the luxury of being able to enter the odds-on fave in almost every single starter allowance race on the circuit.

NorCalGreg
07-31-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm not pretending there isn't some sort of "better living through pharmacology" regimen going on in this stable, but part of Broberg's dominance at EvD & Delta has to do with his sizable stable affording him the luxury of being able to enter the odds-on fave in almost every single starter allowance race on the circuit.

Maybe Broberg's name will become a verb like another dominant trainer: Ship in a claimer--win easy @ low odds--immediately DROP him down in class and dare anyone to claim him. That move is known as pulling a "DIODORO" People are afraid to drop a claim ticket for fear of looking like a fool if the horse isn't sound. Then they look like a bigger fool when the horse wins easily AGAIN. Then, of course he's double-jumped in class and the game continues.

Donttellmeshowme
07-31-2015, 08:56 AM
Maybe Broberg's name will become a verb like another dominant trainer: Ship in a claimer--win easy @ low odds--immediately DROP him down in class and dare anyone to claim him. That move is known as pulling a "DIODORO" People are afraid to drop a claim ticket for fear of looking like a fool if the horse isn't sound. Then they look like a bigger fool when the horse wins easily AGAIN. Then, of course he's double-jumped in class and the game continues.

The claiming game is not for the weak of heart

Stillriledup
07-31-2015, 10:39 AM
The claiming game is not for the weak of heart
OR for people who love and care about the animals.

Stillriledup
09-09-2015, 06:22 PM
"Bro" is ice cold at LaD only hitting at a glacial 30 pct.

Fifty Acres on deck next. Ran Beyers of 26 51 53 53 and 57 (not in order) in his previous 5 races before the claim, was then claimed by Broberg and then ran 76 and 79 under double hammer locks (easy wins)

green80
09-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Word is banned from running in Oklahoma.

Stillriledup
09-09-2015, 06:36 PM

Why would they ban a future hall of famer who's not a stone cold cheat? With all the testing and tight regulations that Vic talks about, it's not like this guy is anything less than 100 pct legit.

RIGHT?

no breathalyzer
09-09-2015, 06:40 PM
"Bro" is ice cold at LaD only hitting at a glacial 30 pct.

Fifty Acres on deck next. Ran Beyers of 26 51 53 53 and 57 (not in order) in his previous 5 races before the claim, was then claimed by Broberg and then ran 76 and 79 under double hammer locks (easy wins)

medicine watch :lol:

EMD4ME
09-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Why would they ban a future hall of famer who's not a stone cold cheat? With all the testing and tight regulations that Vic talks about, it's not like this guy is anything less than 100 pct legit.

RIGHT?

Broberg should sue :lol: .

Donttellmeshowme
09-09-2015, 11:26 PM

For what reason? Link?

Banned from Remington but not LaD?

Donttellmeshowme
09-09-2015, 11:28 PM
medicine watch :lol:

Ran 6th and was claimed..

green80
09-10-2015, 07:51 AM
For what reason? Link?

Banned from Remington but not LaD?

What else? drugs

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/trainers-in-a-pickle-after-oklahoma-ruling/

green80
09-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Broberg should sue :lol: .

He did, lost.

green80
09-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Just look at what a horse does after Broberg claims it off someone. Then look what happens after someone claims it off Broberg.

Stillriledup
09-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Just look at what a horse does after Broberg claims it off someone. Then look what happens after someone claims it off Broberg.

I would imagine since 'bro' is a great horsemen and not a chemical trainer, the horses would improve if they left his barn and went to someone who is a stone cold cheat. If they were claimed by another honest trainer, they would stay the same.

Donttellmeshowme
09-10-2015, 03:47 PM
What else? drugs

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/trainers-in-a-pickle-after-oklahoma-ruling/

That article is 2 yrs old. Hes still running at Remington. His jockey priveledges were suspended has nothing to do with running horses.

Track Phantom
09-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I would imagine since 'bro' is a great horsemen and not a chemical trainer, the horses would improve if they left his barn and went to someone who is a stone cold cheat. If they were claimed by another honest trainer, they would stay the same.

You guys aren't seriously debating if this guy cheats are you? I think the results are self-explanatory and don't need to be dignified with dialogue.

Donttellmeshowme
09-11-2015, 12:20 AM
he ran 2 tonite at Remington hes definetely not suspended

12/ALL/ALL
09-11-2015, 06:50 AM
60% is an incredible display of greed and arrogance. The Beyer jumps tell you pretty much all you need to know. Like the late Oscar Barrera, who almost beat Seattle Slew with a horse he claimed for $35,000, he will eventually be revealed to be the cheater that he is. Unfortunately, the price these guys pay is not as severe as the damage that they do to the sport and we wonder why young people have little interest in horse racing.

no breathalyzer
09-11-2015, 12:32 PM
you guys are crazy :rolleyes: he just uses the better feed on his horses.. HAY AND OATS MF'ERS :lol::lol::lol: HAY AND OATS!!!

Stillriledup
09-11-2015, 01:14 PM
you guys are crazy :rolleyes: he just uses the better feed on his horses.. HAY AND OATS MF'ERS :lol::lol::lol: HAY AND OATS!!!

And he works harder, don't forget that! :D

comet52
09-12-2015, 11:57 AM

Space age hay and oats developed by NASA and GROWN ON THE MOON!!
You can't beat 'em. :D

Donttellmeshowme
09-12-2015, 04:51 PM

Hes still running at Remington. Get ur facts straight buddy..

12/ALL/ALL
09-13-2015, 08:15 AM
What players, unlike me, who closely follow South/Southwest racing will begin to notice,or have already noticed, is that a number of Broberg's horses will begin to disappear from racing completely. Presumably, they will have been hard used and even drugs can't carry them to the winners circle anymore and I assume that very few trainers claim one of his horses. Why should Broberg bother with the work and expense to get these horses right again, when you can claim another guy's horse and move its Beyer up by 20? It's not hard to guess what their fate will be. During the Oscar Barrera scandal of the 80's, racing writer John Pricci came on Harvey Pack's old show and read off a long list of Barrera's horses that had disappeared from racing or even training, never to be heard from again.

Stillriledup
09-13-2015, 03:18 PM
What players, unlike me, who closely follow South/Southwest racing will begin to notice,or have already noticed, is that a number of Broberg's horses will begin to disappear from racing completely. Presumably, they will have been hard used and even drugs can't carry them to the winners circle anymore and I assume that very few trainers claim one of his horses. Why should Broberg bother with the work and expense to get these horses right again, when you can claim another guy's horse and move its Beyer up by 20? It's not hard to guess what their fate will be. During the Oscar Barrera scandal of the 80's, racing writer John Pricci came on Harvey Pack's old show and read off a long list of Barrera's horses that had disappeared from racing or even training, never to be heard from again.

It's amazing to me that someone doesn't keep a 'tracker' on all the horses from the Broberg barn, lets get a list of all his current runners and see where they all are a year or 2 from now.

Stillriledup
10-21-2015, 10:20 PM
KTs golden year coming up at Delta. Spectacular w Broberg, claimed by a winning trainer and fell off the map overnight.

Kash$
10-21-2015, 10:26 PM
KTs golden year coming up at Delta. Spectacular w Broberg, claimed by a winning trainer and fell off the map overnight.

Merge threads with Legit or Not..joke

NorCalGreg
10-22-2015, 02:18 AM

haha..knew this had to be you bumping this thread. You guys still baggin on the Bro?
It does get old, with this guy--and his rider McMahon. Either try to beat him, or pass. Someone with more cajones than me-- in the 9th @ RPX--- took SWIFT HUMOR over the slightly bettor looking (on paper) Broberg's JOHN GORDON & got a sweet $11.40 for their trouble.

Stillriledup
10-22-2015, 03:11 AM
haha..knew this had to be you bumping this thread. You guys still baggin on the Bro?
It does get old, with this guy--and his rider McMahon. Either try to beat him, or pass. Someone with more cajones than me-- in the 9th @ RPX--- took SWIFT HUMOR over the slightly bettor looking (on paper) Broberg's JOHN GORDON & got a sweet $11.40 for their trouble.

Why would you ever stop ?

Donttellmeshowme
10-22-2015, 07:55 AM

ran a good 3rd

no breathalyzer
10-22-2015, 08:27 PM
THE MEDICINE IS STRONG IN THIS 2ND RACE REMINGTON

cj
10-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Last race coming up tonight at Remington. K-Bro claimed a horse out of a 7.5 MCL race last out from a so so trainer that went off at 13-1. The horse was pinched back early and ran a little late for a well beaten fourth.

Tonight, the horse is favored at 5-2 with 4 MTP. Let's see how this one runs.

cj
10-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Didn't break well, was never really a factor while finishing well to be third.

Donttellmeshowme
10-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Hes on fire at Delta...

Donttellmeshowme
10-31-2015, 12:23 AM
4 starts 4 wins at Delta tonite

Dave Schwartz
10-31-2015, 12:45 AM
There are some races and race tracks that are about as honest as WWF.

This kind of crap makes me very sad about the future of racing.

Donttellmeshowme
11-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Broberg 16/30 at Delta

lamboguy
11-01-2015, 12:21 AM

This kind of crap makes me very sad about the future of racing.i am not sure what you mean by your post. i think that you are inferring that Broberg is doing something sneaky.

whatever he is doing, the racing game is allowing these days. what i can tell you is that this operation controls condition books in a few race tracks. that means that he is going to have a very high probability of getting the largest portion of the purse money's that are distributed. when that happens you will see that smaller training operations will go under, which will only leave bigger operations to compete.
the problem with bigger operations is that it not only consolidates the game from a training point of view, but it also helps to decrease the customer interest in the game.

the backbone of the sport in this country had been a whole bunch of smaller operations that brought in friends and family to learn and participate in the game. since we have a lost generation in the game that has not grown up with horse racing, the sport is in a steep decline over here.

Stillriledup
11-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Broberg 16/30 at Delta

When they induct this guy into the HOF they're going to ask him if its ok if Whittingham, Stephens and the other titans of the game could stay.

castaway01
11-01-2015, 08:32 AM

This kind of crap makes me very sad about the future of racing.

Are you saying that the trainer is cheating and the track allows it, or the track is fixing races so that one trainer wins 50% of them?

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 07:13 PM
HOF

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Are you saying that the trainer is cheating and the track allows it, or the track is fixing races so that one trainer wins 50% of them?
track don't allow shit.. they just haven't caught up or figured out how the vet is getting them threshold levels down in time.to pass the post race

Kash$
11-05-2015, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Donttellmeshowme]Broberg 16/30 at Delta[/QUOTE

:lol:

no breathalyzer
11-05-2015, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Donttellmeshowme]Broberg 16/30 at Delta[/QUOTE

:lol:

won tonight i see at a price 21.40.. while his 1/2 shoot got second :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: HIT THE BOARD 27/32 STARTS AT DELTA SEEMS LEGIT :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :D

lamboguy
11-05-2015, 08:24 PM
uncle Karl is a tough customer to figure out. in this evenings 2nd race at Delta, i had it figured out that he wasn't going to win with his 1/5 shot. lo and beholds he gets beat, but by his other horse and pays $20.

these guys with 2 and 3 horses in the races are making it rather difficult on me lately. i think i am never going to play these races where a trainer has multiple horses in them.

the main problem with that is multiple horses in same races are the trend these days so there will be less races to play.

i guess it really doesn't take much to be smarter than myself, at least i realize that when Broberg got more than one horse to the race i have to surrender.

EMD4ME
11-05-2015, 08:26 PM
When they induct this guy into the HOF they're going to ask him if its ok if Whittingham, Stephens and the other titans of the game could stay.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Witty!

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 09:59 PM
track don't allow shit.. they just haven't caught up or figured out how the vet is getting them threshold levels down in time.to pass the post race

Yes, they haven't figured out how to look up his training record on equibase either!! :D

Greybase
11-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Remington's Race 8 tonight was a real gift - thanks to The Bro! :cool:

I kept looking at the board expecting Odds to shift as normally Bro's #9 Black Label would be hammered but no, the crowd was stubborn on #5. Huh? OK whatever... the twist here was, horse claimed BACK after just 1 race. Back to the Bro!

Get this... a dude claims Black Label from Broberg, runs him in a tough claimer and scores 2nd... Bro grabs him right BACK, and, and, and... likes him so much he enters him in this 35K Allowance. Now... what does that say about Bro's opinion of this horse? Hmmm...

But even better, the horse had dropped at least 5 points on Figs, I say more like 10 points depending on who's figs you're using, Beyer or anyone had the horse slowing down for that "other" trainer. But NOW he's back with the Bro! meaning ... we can expect a return of speed. That's exactly what happened, Black Label wires the field as a HUGE 5-1 overlay paying $11.40 Win, and Exacta with the top Closer, paid a nice $157.20

Track Phantom
11-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Guy is making horse racing look ridiculous wherever he trains. The races he is in are about as legitimate as pro wrestling. Guy is using the racetrack as a personal ATM.

Track Phantom
11-05-2015, 11:42 PM
22 of his last 28 starters have been 1st or 2nd. 13 of those 28 were wins. 5 of the runner-up finishes were photo finish losses.

Makes sense.

Stillriledup
11-05-2015, 11:46 PM
22 of his last 28 starters have been 1st or 2nd. 13 of those 28 were wins. 5 of the runner-up finishes were photo finish losses.

Makes sense.

The game is too easy for him, they have to invent a harder game so he can challenge himself a bit.

Track Phantom
11-06-2015, 12:20 AM
The game is too easy for him, they have to invent a harder game so he can challenge himself a bit.
I am so surprised after all of these years of these guys taking an obvious edge and no one can catch them. It's not like you have to try and find the culprit. We know who it is. The drugs just must be too hard to detect. Very sad for the game.

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 12:36 AM
I am so surprised after all of these years of these guys taking an obvious edge and no one can catch them. It's not like you have to try and find the culprit. We know who it is. The drugs just must be too hard to detect. Very sad for the game.

Funny how in real life, circumstantial evidence matters, In racing, not as much.

Kash$
11-06-2015, 06:54 AM

Some on this forum will tell you he's legit.

Stillriledup
11-06-2015, 12:25 PM

Legit or not, he's basically sticking it in the faces of the track, other horsemen and the customers. He's turning the game into musical chair people racing (stole this brilliant nugget from CJ) and he's making a mockery of the game.

Legit or not, it doesn't LOOK legit. Perception is important. Or, maybe its not, what do I know.

Kash$
11-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Legit or not, he's basically sticking it in the faces of the track, other horsemen and the customers. He's turning the game into musical chair people racing (stole this brilliant nugget from CJ) and he's making a mockery of the game.

Legit or not, it doesn't LOOK legit. Perception is important. Or, maybe its not, what do I know.

Night tracks=:lol:

Track Phantom
11-06-2015, 06:22 PM
No one with an IQ over 55 will make that claim. Common sense must prevail.

Donttellmeshowme
11-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Hes like 45% at Delta since the meet started

green80
11-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Lets see if his Delta Downs stats change after Nov 15. when the new medication rules apply in Louisiana.

Donttellmeshowme
11-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Lets see if his Delta Downs stats change after Nov 15. when the new medication rules apply in Louisiana.

Ok we shall see

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 01:15 PM

He will only get better, after all, his greatness has nothing to do with medication and everything to do with hard work and knowledge, the 'new rules' will only give an all time great trainer a bigger edge.

#truehorseman

green80
11-07-2015, 02:33 PM
He will only get better, after all, his greatness has nothing to do with medication and everything to do with hard work and knowledge, the 'new rules' will only give an all time great trainer a bigger edge.

#truehorseman

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

green80
11-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Hes like 45% at Delta since the meet started

and 2 for 11 in the last 2 days

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 02:37 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought you'd love that greenie!! :D

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 01:17 PM
What, really, is the point of all this repetitive nonsense and virtual high-fiving and backslapping? Is it making you guys feel good?

Do you guys think you are doing some sort of public service...pointing out things nobody else sees...that track management is blind to?

You really think this?

Every moron in the game can read win% stats...you realize this, correct?

None of you can be labeled innovative...ever...for being MOTOs...

cj
11-09-2015, 04:48 PM
What, really, is the point of all this repetitive nonsense and virtual high-fiving and backslapping? Is it making you guys feel good?

Do you guys think you are doing some sort of public service...pointing out things nobody else sees...that track management is blind to?

You really think this?

Every moron in the game can read win% stats...you realize this, correct?

None of you can be labeled innovative...ever...for being MOTOs...

I'd be a fool to think racing is 100% clean. What sport is? But I'd be a bigger fool not to realize that there is quite a discrepancy between the bottom trainers and the best trainers, especially at smaller tracks like Delta, Remington, CharlesTown, Mountaineer, etc. I think this accounts for the large win percentages a lot more than any illegal activity.

I'm sure some in this thread will mock this, but I've made the effort to go meet some of the top guys and some of the so so guys and even some of the guys that never win. Once I did that, I realized it isn't the leap many think to improve a horse, often many lengths.

There are some guys I've met that are "trainers" at Remington and work full time jobs outside of racing. They ship in from around OKC on race day. You think these guys are putting in the work of a guy like Broberg?

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 05:50 PM
I'm not even saying I think the guy is 100% legit...I'm just saying, I don't get the constant non-stop speculation...as if these guys on here are uncovering stuff nobody else has noticed...

As if the racing powers that be don't notice these things...

I love how it's an all or nothing thing with many posters on here...I love how some people actually believe that the powers that be in racing DO NOTHING or NEVER INVESTIGATE odd happenings with certain trainers...

It's one thing to have probably cause...it's an entirely other thing to actually have enough evidence to convict...

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm not even saying I think the guy is 100% legit...I'm just saying, I don't get the constant non-stop speculation...as if these guys on here are uncovering stuff nobody else has noticed...

I love how it's an all or nothing thing with many posters on here...I love how some people actually believe that the powers that be in racing DO NOTHING or NEVER INVESTIGATE odd happenings with certain trainers...

It's one thing to have probably cause...it's an entirely other thing to actually have enough evidence to convict...

It's not about noticing it, it's about noticing it and doing something about it. It also doesn't matter if racing investigates, if they do nothing about it, the end result is exactly the same as if they have never investigated in the first place.

Track Phantom
11-09-2015, 06:20 PM

I don't understand your gripe here. Are you saying no one should call out guys like this? Or are you saying the industry is already handling it? Or are you saying since there is no overt evidence everything is is speculation and shouldn't be voiced? I'm just not following....

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't understand your gripe here. Are you saying no one should call out guys like this? Or are you saying the industry is already handling it? Or are you saying since there is no overt evidence everything is is speculation and shouldn't be voiced? I'm just not following....Maybe it's the way it's being done. It's comical.

Guys come on here and point out crazy win%...then make snide comments...then give each other high-fives as if they're making some sort of difference.

It's as if they don't really give a shit about outing some misdeeds...they're more about "hey, look at me, look what I found" as if nobody else has noticed.

It gets repetitive and boring and worthless, in my opinion of course.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 06:33 PM
It's not about noticing it, it's about noticing it and doing something about it. It also doesn't matter if racing investigates, if they do nothing about it, the end result is exactly the same as if they have never investigated in the first place.Maybe they don't "do something about it" because they can't find a smoking gun...and without a smoking gun, what can you do?

Maybe they should rely on your posts and use that as probably cause and evidence to convict?

How exactly do you know that nobody has looked into every single suspicious person you've written about over the years?

You don't.

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Maybe it's the way it's being done. It's comical.

Guys come on here and point out crazy win%...then make snide comments...then give each other high-fives as if they're making some sort of difference.

It's as if they don't really give a shit about outing some misdeeds...they're more about "hey, look at me, look what I found" as if nobody else has noticed.

But if it's still happening, what does it matter if anyone has 'noticed' or not?

We want the 'noticers' to take action, not just 'notice'

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Maybe they don't "do something about it" because they can't find a smoking gun...and without a smoking gun, what can you do?

Maybe they should rely on your posts and use that as probably cause and evidence to convict?

How exactly do you know that nobody has looked into every single suspicious person you've written about over the years?

You don't.

I don't really care about smoking guns, all I care about is the quality of the race I'm about to handicap. I'd prefer to not handicap musical chair people racing. Also, whether or not any of this is on the up and up is not something I care about either, if a trainer wins with every mount with massive overnight form reversals it doesn't matter to me as a handicapper WHY this is happening, I just know that these types of trainers make races they're in largely unplayable, I'm railing on the unplayable nature of the game, I could care less why these horses are improving 30 Beyer points overnight, that's for the racing authorities to figure out.

Track Phantom
11-09-2015, 06:51 PM

I don't think i'd couch it this way. I think there are a lot of horseplayers (me included) that have put more money through the tote than care to disclose and are just frustrated with the current situation regarding this game.

no breathalyzer
11-09-2015, 07:31 PM
It's a stressful game and when you see trainers batting 80% in the $$$..50% win, it kind of jerks you a little bit... But nothing can be done until the smoking gun is found .. until then players gonna make snarky remarks almost because in a way its stress relieve

thaskalos
11-09-2015, 07:37 PM

Perhaps you could suggest to us some OTHER interesting topic that you'd prefer for us to discuss here.

no breathalyzer
11-09-2015, 07:48 PM
How about that NYRA '' small time trainer'' that got popped today.. no thread about that either :eek:

Tall One
11-09-2015, 07:59 PM
How about that NYRA '' small time trainer'' that got popped today.. no thread about that either :eek:

Guess I missed the news on this one...who was it?

no breathalyzer
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Guess I missed the news on this one...who was it?

Not overages either! http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/trainer-sedlacek-suspended-indefinitely-for-drug-positives/

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Maybe they don't "do something about it" because they can't find a smoking gun...and without a smoking gun, what can you do?

You don't.

How do any of us know that they did?

EMD4ME
11-09-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't think i'd couch it this way. I think there are a lot of horseplayers (me included) that have put more money through the tote than care to disclose and are just frustrated with the current situation regarding this game.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

It is getting harder and harder to keep playing. I do admit that. It pains me to say that but it's true. But I do. Looking to avoid "certain" types of races and weigh heavily on races I'm more comfortable with.

MONEY
11-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Roy Sedlacek N.Y. suspended.

1 for 55 in 2011
1 for 29 in 2012
1 for 17 in 2013
4 for 20 in 2014
3 for 17 in 2015

"The New York State Gaming Commission has indefinitely suspended trainer Roy Sedlacek for two positives in October at Belmont Park for AH-7921, a synthetic opioid the Association of Racing Commissioners International said can be as potent as morphine."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/95869/two-horses-test-positive-for-opioid

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Roy Sedlacek N.Y. suspended.

1 for 55 in 2011
1 for 29 in 2012
1 for 17 in 2013
4 for 20 in 2014
3 for 17 in 2015

"The New York State Gaming Commission has indefinitely suspended trainer Roy Sedlacek for two positives in October at Belmont Park for AH-7921, a synthetic opioid the Association of Racing Commissioners International said can be as potent as morphine."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/95869/two-horses-test-positive-for-opioid

They got their man, finally, one of the games great supertrainers with gaudy win percentage, SUSPENDED!!

Well done gaming comission

WELL DONE!!

NorCalGreg
11-10-2015, 04:14 AM
They got their man, finally, one of the games great supertrainers with gaudy win percentage, SUSPENDED!!

Well done gaming comission

WELL DONE!!

Someone responded to that Bloodhorse story with this dose of reality. He easily could have been replying to your post:

Guys who start thousands of starters are always given the benefit of the doubt. If you owned a store and person A spent $2,000 a month in your store but was caught stealing a $2 item and person B who had only been in your store one other time and bought something for $5 and on the second trip stole the same $2 item. Would you ban the regular customer? Would you ban the second guy? Racing in a nutshell.

Whoever told you life was fair, should talk to Roy Sedlacek of NY. What he's accused of, is probably not much.....in the hidden world of horse racing. SRU, we all have a good idea what's up with racing--most just don't care to make a silly spectacle of some poor bastard who's getting thrown to the wolves.

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 04:55 AM
Someone responded to that Bloodhorse story with this dose of reality. He easily could have been replying to your post:

Guys who start thousands of starters are always given the benefit of the doubt. If you owned a store and person A spent $2,000 a month in your store but was caught stealing a $2 item and person B who had only been in your store one other time and bought something for $5 and on the second trip stole the same $2 item. Would you ban the regular customer? Would you ban the second guy? Racing in a nutshell.

Whoever told you life was fair, should talk to Roy Sedlacek of NY. What he's accused of, is probably not much.....in the hidden world of horse racing. SRU, we all have a good idea what's up with racing--most just don't care to make a silly spectacle of some poor bastard who's getting thrown to the wolves.

This stuff happens all the time, some guy you never heard of gets caught while the obvious crooks never have anyone give them a second look.

cj
11-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Looks a little different if you look at it like this:

2011: 2%
2012: 3%
2013: 6%
2014: 20%
2015: 18%

Are you guys suggesting this guy shouldn't be punished because he is a little guy? Do you really think his horses were tested any differently than some top guy with a lot of horses? If find that very hard to believe.

If he did what is reported, he should be gone.

garyscpa
11-10-2015, 01:13 PM

Are you guys suggesting this guy shouldn't be punished because he is a little guy? Do you really think his horses were tested any differently than some top guy with a lot of horses? If find that very hard to believe.

I think he needs a gofundme set up, you know for lawyers and relocating. ;)

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Do you think someone who robs 20 million from a bank while armed should get the same prison sentence as someone who steals a snickers bar from 7-11?

Tall One
11-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Do you think someone who robs 20 million from a bank while armed should get the same prison sentence as someone who steals a snickers bar from 7-11?

CJ said it better.

cj
11-10-2015, 01:54 PM

Of course not, but the alleged bank robbers haven't been caught. And, this doesn't sound like it was a Snickers bar.

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Of course not, but the alleged bank robbers haven't been caught. And, this doesn't sound like it was a Snickers bar.

They're not caught but they're essentially standing in front of the bank with a sack of cash waving a flag, its just that the industry is too busy chasing Mr Snickers bar to notice.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 02:13 PM
For allegedly using a morphine-like substance, his number aren't very impressive. Perhaps the alleged use just started.

cj
11-10-2015, 02:15 PM
They're not caught but they're essentially standing in front of the bank with a sack of cash waving a flag, its just that the industry is too busy chasing Mr Snickers bar to notice.

Who said they chased him? He got caught using the same procedures that are used for all trainers.

Enough already.

ReplayRandall
11-10-2015, 02:32 PM
There's always been a "sacrificial lamb", meant for effect, sending a message to the big barn, super-trainer types to start cleaning up their act NOW. Will be interesting to see if the stats of "certain trainers" start to plummet in the coming weeks.......Might be a nice money making opportunity for the wise and discerning, investigative bettor.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 02:43 PM
There's always been a "sacrificial lamb", meant for effect, sending a message to the big barn, super-trainer types to start cleaning up their act NOW. Will be interesting to see if the stats of "certain trainers" start to plummet in the coming weeks.......Might be a nice money making opportunity for the wise and discerning, investigative bettor.

As long as he was subjected to the same testing procedures as other trainers, I would not view him as a sacrificial lamb.

On the bolded sentence, I wonder the same, or did their stats drop off back in October when word (potentially) spread about this positive test?

ReplayRandall
11-10-2015, 02:51 PM
As long as he was subjected to the same testing procedures as other trainers, I would not view him as a sacrificial lamb.

On the bolded sentence, I wonder the same, or did their stats drop off back in October when word (potentially) spread about this positive test?

That depends if a widely used vet was the administrator of the said drug, or was administered by "in barn" personnel......

cj
11-10-2015, 02:55 PM

Right! Of course he was, nobody was running any special tests on this guy's horses.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 03:01 PM
That depends if a widely used vet was the administrator of the said drug, or was administered by "in barn" personnel......

How does the testing depend on any of this? Lost me.

ReplayRandall
11-10-2015, 03:03 PM
How does the testing depend on any of this? Lost me.

My response was in reference to your quote, "did their stats drop off back in October when word (potentially) spread about this positive test"?

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 03:06 PM

He's won TEN races In five years. Ten.

Some trainers win 10 races in less than a week.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 03:07 PM
My response was in reference to your quote, "did their stats drop off back in October when word (potentially) spread about this positive test"?

Sorry, I get it now.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 03:11 PM
He's won TEN races In five years. Ten.

Some trainers win 10 races in less than a week.

None of this is relevant. He had an alleged positive test for a substance that has ZERO reason for being in the horse's system. I don't care if he's won ZERO races in 50 years. That point is irrelevant. You know this. Would you please stop trying to play contrarian on every matter on this board? If CJ had said, "well he's only had a few starters," you'd be taking the other side of the argument.

castaway01
11-10-2015, 03:52 PM
For allegedly using a morphine-like substance, his number aren't very impressive. Perhaps the alleged use just started.

It's possible he didn't know what he was doing with the cheating any more than he did as a trainer. If you've ever seen some of the guys in MMA who have been tested positive for steroids, some of them are pretty flabby. Just because they're trying to take an unfair advantage doesn't mean they know how to train properly, or put the effort into doing so. In this case the trainer also might not have had the stock to win, even with illegal painkillers in them.

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 04:47 PM
None of this is relevant. He had an alleged positive test for a substance that has ZERO reason for being in the horse's system. I don't care if he's won ZERO races in 50 years. That point is irrelevant. You know this. Would you please stop trying to play contrarian on every matter on this board? If CJ had said, "well he's only had a few starters," you'd be taking the other side of the argument.

It's all relevant because the guys lack of winning suggests that it's an accidental positive. There's a reason that Clemens, Bonds and the Patriots get held under much higher scrutiny than Fransisco Cervelli.

As far as 'playing contrarian' I don't know what you mean by this, my opinions on many matters are set in stone, you can search the archives and read all my writings, if my opinion on a matter happens to be 'contrarian' it's a coincidence, to suggest that I alter my opinion just to go against the grain is silly talk.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 04:52 PM
It's all relevant because the guys lack of winning suggests that it's an accidental positive. There's a reason that Clemens, Bonds and the Patriots get held under much higher scrutiny than Fransisco Cervelli.

Hah, I'm sure it was accidental. I don't think the trainer said, "geeh I sure hope I get a positive."

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Hah, I'm sure it was accidental. I don't think the trainer said, "geeh I sure hope I get a positive."

It's either an accident or on purpose, if this guy was a cheat I'm pretty sure he would be winning more than 2 races a year on average.

Saratoga_Mike
11-10-2015, 05:15 PM
It's either an accident or on purpose, if this guy was a cheat I'm pretty sure he would be winning more than 2 races a year on average.

We don't know when he allegedly received the banned substance.

Donttellmeshowme
11-10-2015, 06:22 PM
We don't know when he allegedly received the banned substance.

He could of been testing it on a few horses and not the whole stable.

rastajenk
11-10-2015, 09:14 PM
With 17, 20, and 17 starts the last three years, I'd guess that a few horses is his whole stable.

no breathalyzer
11-11-2015, 01:12 AM
That horse of his that won was feeling real good that day. probably didn't even feel the kickback.. stayed inside and exploded in the stretch like a turf horse.

no breathalyzer
11-11-2015, 01:42 AM
:ThmbUp: owned up to it at least but :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: for drugging the poor horses and stealing from horse players.

no breathalyzer
11-11-2015, 11:02 PM
https://racehorsemeds.com/product-category/explosion-product-line/

all you need to know actually very sad

Explosion Product Line :lol:

NorCalGreg
11-11-2015, 11:06 PM
https://racehorsemeds.com/product-category/explosion-product-line/

all you need to know actually very sad

Explosion Product Line :lol:

sounded good until this:

"Products not to be used for human consumption"

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Perhaps you could suggest to us some OTHER interesting topic that you'd prefer for us to discuss here.Perhaps.

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2015, 12:04 PM
How do any of us know that they did?EXACTLY

ebcorde
11-13-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't mind 30% winning trainers. Juice away I say.

cj
11-13-2015, 01:02 PM
I don't mind 30% winning trainers. Juice away I say.

It's great if you like 3.40.

ebcorde
11-13-2015, 01:05 PM
It's great if you like 3.40.

I need 1 or 2 singles in the P4/P5.

ebcorde
11-13-2015, 01:06 PM
how bout a single in the P6 at AQU? I'll keep it a secret

no breathalyzer
11-13-2015, 01:07 PM
or if you pick the correct spot to bet against the 70% of the time they lose, when they are getting over bet

cj
11-13-2015, 01:09 PM
how bout a single in the P6 at AQU? I'll keep it a secret

I didn't handicap today's card, have other plans. But of all places, NYRA isn't home to the 30% trainer like most other circuits.

cj
11-13-2015, 01:09 PM
or if you pick the correct spot to bet against the 70% of the time they lose, when they are getting over bet

Usually when they lose, there is another 30% guy beating them!

ebcorde
11-13-2015, 01:17 PM
I'd still prefer those 20-30% winning guys over 12 10% trainers at Hong Kong

Stillriledup
11-14-2015, 01:32 AM
Usually when they lose, there is another 30% guy beating them!

:D

Exactly.

Donttellmeshowme
11-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Hes still tearing it up at Delta

Stillriledup
12-18-2015, 07:37 PM
KB 'ice cold' for his standards, only hitting .35 at Delta

Donttellmeshowme
12-20-2015, 09:02 AM
won 4 races yesterday

garyscpa
12-20-2015, 11:01 AM
He has two horses in a lot of races so max is less than 100%.

EMD4ME
12-26-2015, 08:07 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/broberg-winning-at-30-percent-success-draws-criticism/

Check out the comment section:

1) Broberg is in there himself defending away

2) There's this poster named Tinky who reminds me of SRU! Witty, has 1 million posts and is all over everything.

Good reading !

Stillriledup
12-26-2015, 08:21 PM
He has two horses in a lot of races so max is less than 100%.

But then doesn't that mean if you don't count losses against him when he has 2 in a race his actual win percentage is much higher?

Track Phantom
12-27-2015, 03:09 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/broberg-winning-at-30-percent-success-draws-criticism/

2) There's this poster named Tinky who reminds me of SRU! Witty, has 1 million posts and is all over everything.

Good reading !

This is idiocy to defend himself on a comment section in the Paulick Report. Any sensible, logical, reasonable thinking human should be able to draw the appropriate conclusion on how Broberg is winning like he is. To indicate he is, by his account, much smarter than all other trainers because he knows where to "place" his horses is shameful and disrespectful to the thousands of trainers who play by the rules.

If someone needs "absolute" evidence to understand the world around them, I feel sorry for them. If I wake up tomorrow and there is snow on the ground, I don't need to be standing outside overnight to know that it snowed.

He could show a modicum of class and just take the free money, both from the track and from the wagering patrons, instead of trying to also generate some legitimacy. Can't have it both ways. It's down to money or morals and he made his choice. One can only hope that karma wins out in the end.

Stillriledup
12-27-2015, 03:41 AM
This is idiocy to defend himself on a comment section in the Paulick Report. Any sensible, logical, reasonable thinking human should be able to draw the appropriate conclusion on how Broberg is winning like he is. To indicate he is, by his account, much smarter than all other trainers because he knows where to "place" his horses is shameful and disrespectful to the thousands of trainers who play by the rules.

If someone needs "absolute" evidence to understand the world around them, I feel sorry for them. If I wake up tomorrow and there is snow on the ground, I don't need to be standing outside overnight to know that it snowed.

He could show a modicum of class and just take the free money, both from the track and from the wagering patrons, instead of trying to also generate some legitimacy. Can't have it both ways. It's down to money or morals and he made his choice. One can only hope that karma wins out in the end.

Broberg thinks we are stupid and don't watch the races or pay attention. Great post V!

outofthebox
03-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Oaklawn meeting so far....( 30 starts 1 win 4 place 2 show .03 %)

Delta Meet ( 275 90 52 28 .33 % )

Fairgrounds ( 102 14 9 15 .14 % )

EMD4ME
03-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Oaklawn meeting so far....( 30 starts 1 win 4 place 2 show .03 %)

Delta Meet ( 275 90 52 28 .33 % )

Fairgrounds ( 102 14 9 15 .14 % )

Hey Broberg,

If you need me to come down to OP and coach you and/or your assistant on how to "properly place" your horses, I'm available for HIRE ! :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Hey Broberg,

If you need me to come down to OP and coach you and/or your assistant on how to "properly place" your horses, I'm available for HIRE ! :lol: :lol:

Shhhhh, he's fine w 1 for 30, it's part of the master plan to 'lay low' :D

cj
03-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Hey Broberg,

It is like I've said many times. The competition is different. I'm not naive. I realize some people cheat. But every super trainer is not a cheat. Some are just preying on the weak, legally of course.

EMD4ME
03-06-2016, 09:30 PM
It is like I've said many times. The competition is different. I'm not naive. I realize some people cheat. But every super trainer is not a cheat. Some are just preying on the weak, legally of course.

I won't debate as Broberg is not someone I follow too closely. Just enough to have a slight opinion.

Catch me on another topic, I'll discuss feverishly.

lamboguy
03-06-2016, 11:21 PM
i highly doubt that Mr. Karl's success is due to chemicals even though i wonder at times.

the game allows him to have a big stable of horses. he has plenty of owner's that foot the bills. when it comes time to enter a race he has 5 or 6 different horses available to run in that spot. he simply enters the best one he has that fits and waits until the others get better. the weakest ones have to wait for his horses to knock the other ones that race against him out.

not to be accused of being naive, i know there are narcotic compounds and anti bleeding methods that are being used that are basically non-testable now that are being administered the day of the race. my guess is that Broberg is probably the most scrutinized trainer in the world these days and the chances he is using illegal methods is highly unlikely. the other horsemen complain about him on a regular basis.

on another note, i watched a $500k stake race in Gulfstream yesterday that had 7 entry's. 4 of them were trained by Todd Pletcher. Todd's horses ran 1-2-3 in the race, but one of them was taken down from 3rd and placed 4th because he banged into the horse that should have won the race. while i am sure this was not intentionally planned, it really doesn't look to good.

i don't have the answer for this, the best horses are going to make their way to the best trainer. Todd Pletcher gets better results than anyone else. the owners of those horses that he trains have all made payments to be eligible to run in that stake race. i don't know how you can tell those owner's they can't run their horses in that race.

this comes down to the very same problem that we have had now for over a decade. its just not right for one trainer to have more than 25 horses on his roster. if you cut down the roster you will cut down the winning percentage of the trainer, and you will also raise the interest in the game.

i wish i knew how to change this. i don't think trainer's will want to give up the number of horses they collect day rates on willingly. but it really has to be done in order for this game not to get washed away into the ocean.

keep in mind that when horse racing was in its hay day, there was much more fan participation than what we see today. a big owner might have 10 horses that he had in training at one time. today its very common to see owner's with 30 or more horses. i can't see the game surviving with those type of numbers either.

Stillriledup
03-07-2016, 12:11 AM
i highly doubt that Mr. Karl's success is due to chemicals even though i wonder at times.

the game allows him to have a big stable of horses. he has plenty of owner's that foot the bills. when it comes time to enter a race he has 5 or 6 different horses available to run in that spot. he simply enters the best one he has that fits and waits until the others get better. the weakest ones have to wait for his horses to knock the other ones that race against him out.

not to be accused of being naive, i know there are narcotic compounds and anti bleeding methods that are being used that are basically non-testable now that are being administered the day of the race. my guess is that Broberg is probably the most scrutinized trainer in the world these days and the chances he is using illegal methods is highly unlikely. the other horsemen complain about him on a regular basis.

on another note, i watched a $500k stake race in Gulfstream yesterday that had 7 entry's. 4 of them were trained by Todd Pletcher. Todd's horses ran 1-2-3 in the race, but one of them was taken down from 3rd and placed 4th because he banged into the horse that should have won the race. while i am sure this was not intentionally planned, it really doesn't look to good.

i don't have the answer for this, the best horses are going to make their way to the best trainer. Todd Pletcher gets better results than anyone else. the owners of those horses that he trains have all made payments to be eligible to run in that stake race. i don't know how you can tell those owner's they can't run their horses in that race.

this comes down to the very same problem that we have had now for over a decade. its just not right for one trainer to have more than 25 horses on his roster. if you cut down the roster you will cut down the winning percentage of the trainer, and you will also raise the interest in the game.

i wish i knew how to change this. i don't think trainer's will want to give up the number of horses they collect day rates on willingly. but it really has to be done in order for this game not to get washed away into the ocean.

keep in mind that when horse racing was in its hay day, there was much more fan participation than what we see today. a big owner might have 10 horses that he had in training at one time. today its very common to see owner's with 30 or more horses. i can't see the game surviving with those type of numbers either.

As long as the game is run by horsemen FOR horsemen, you won't be able to 'tell' an owner they can't run or which trainer to use.

Horse racing, the only game on earth where the owners of the 'company' put the companies 'employees' ahead of the customer.

NorCalGreg
03-07-2016, 01:28 AM

Good reading !

Forget the Bro---I want to hear more about "Tinky". :D

Track Phantom
03-07-2016, 02:46 AM
This may be true in some cases but not with the trainer in question. I would say it is much more likely that the testing or monitoring procedures are more stringent at OP and the usual methods of making a horse glow in the dark are harder to pull off there.

It is why I'm on a "Broberg from OP to HOU, or OP to DED" watch.

Stillriledup
03-07-2016, 03:02 AM

Whether they're cheats or not isnt a factor for me because I still have to treat races they're in as musical trainer races.

EMD4ME
03-07-2016, 08:13 AM
This may be true in some cases but not with the trainer in question. I would say it is much more likely that the testing or monitoring procedures are more stringent at OP and the usual methods of making a horse glow in the dark are harder to pull off there.

It is why I'm on a "Broberg from OP to HOU, or OP to DED" watch.

YUP.... :ThmbUp: He even had a firster prepare at OP but ship to SAM Houston the other day. Horse jogged at 3/1. Good price in a weak race.

EMD4ME
03-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Forget the Bro---I want to hear more about "Tinky". :D

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've wondered for a couple of years, which poster on here is Tinky!

You think maybe I'm Tinky? :lol: :lol: :lol: J/K I'm not.

I was thinking SRU, if not, Thaskalos?

cj
03-07-2016, 01:11 PM
YUP.... :ThmbUp: He even had a firster prepare at OP but ship to SAM Houston the other day. Horse jogged at 3/1. Good price in a weak race.

But isn't that the point though? The competition is very weak at these other places. At Oaklawn and Fair Grounds, not so much.

ronsmac
03-07-2016, 01:23 PM
JVB had one of the worst winning percentages over the last 15 years and only won 1 race in 2 years at Oaklawn, yet found the competition awfully weak this year. Especially the first 4 or 5 weeks of the meeting. He even claimed a couple off of high win% barns and won. It makes you go hmmmmm.

cj
03-07-2016, 01:37 PM
JVB had one of the worst winning percentages over the last 15 years and only won 1 race in 2 years at Oaklawn, yet found the competition awfully weak this year. Especially the first 4 or 5 weeks of the meeting. He even claimed a couple off of high win% barns and won. It makes you go hmmmmm.

JVB has certainly improved his stock. He had a better Remington meet than he had in year's past also and it carried over to Oaklawn. Remington horses have done VERY well at Oaklawn.

ronsmac
03-07-2016, 02:05 PM
JVB has certainly improved his stock. He had a better Remington meet than he had in year's past also and it carried over to Oaklawn. Remington horses have done VERY well at Oaklawn.He's probably using a Brita water filter to give his horses better water than straight from the tap. It makes a world of difference. About 5 lengths or so.

cj
03-07-2016, 02:10 PM
He's probably using a Brita water filter to give his horses better water than straight from the tap. It makes a world of difference. About 5 lengths or so.

You don't agree that he has better horses now?

I follow Remington really closely and he had much better stock this year than in years past. I used to toss him easily before 2015. His horses rarely even looked like contenders. But something changed, probably got some new owners. I don't pay enough attention to that aspect of the game admittedly.

illinoisbred
03-07-2016, 02:24 PM
On a recent Dawn at Oaklawn show JVB said he's getting asked by others what his recent success is due to. He said some new owners willing to really invest their time and effort is the key. Also,he seemed reinvigorated, stating its nice to come to the barn now..."I'm feeding faster horses." Jack did say the Warren-owned stock he trained for years was a real drag on business. Said he HAD to take them due to his financial situation but by and large nontalented,slow horses.

cj
03-07-2016, 02:37 PM
On a recent Dawn at Oaklawn show JVB said he's getting asked by others what his recent success is due to. He said some new owners willing to really invest their time and effort is the key. Also,he seemed reinvigorated, stating its nice to come to the barn now..."I'm feeding faster horses." Jack did say the Warren-owned stock he trained for years was a real drag on business. Said he HAD to take them due to his financial situation but by and large nontalented,slow horses.

Good post. I deleted some of the other nonsense here so it doesn't get lost.

ronsmac
03-07-2016, 02:40 PM
You don't agree that he has better horses now?

I follow Remington really closely and he had much better stock this year than in years past. I used to toss him easily before 2015. His horses rarely even looked like contenders. But something changed, probably got some new owners. I don't pay enough attention to that aspect of the game admittedly.They are better but I also could give a few very odd examples that don't pass the test. I bet Oaklawn exclusively this time of year and caught on after his very first starter. So I'm not mad at JVB. He put some extra cash in my pocket the 1st 2 weeks of the meet. Anyway, good for him. I hope to be doing that well when I'm 80.

illinoisbred
03-07-2016, 02:45 PM
This is somewhat long...35 minutes. Jack in his own words. https://youtu.be/hgnzEu8g8eE

ronsmac
03-07-2016, 03:11 PM
This is somewhat long...35 minutes. Jack in his own words. https://youtu.be/hgnzEu8g8eEI'm always a little skeptical. The 1st year I really started betting on my own was 1983. Coincidentally the year Oscar Barrera started performing his miracles. He always had a good reason why his horses were performing well. That goes for every trainer in history. There's always a good answer. No trainer has ever cheated and the ones who've been caught were either framed, it was a bad test, or something in their feed they didn't know about.

cj
03-07-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm always a little skeptical. The 1st year I really started betting on my own was 1983. Coincidentally the year Oscar Barrera started performing his miracles. He always had a good reason why his horses were performing well. That goes for every trainer in history. There's always a good answer. No trainer has ever cheated and the ones who've been caught were either framed, it was a bad test, or something in their feed they didn't know about.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical. After all these years, as a bettor, I just take the stance that I don't care about the why. I just want to know what is happening on the racetrack.

aaron
03-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Nothing wrong with being skeptical. After all these years, as a bettor, I just take the stance that I don't care about the why. I just want to know what is happening on the racetrack.
I remember years ago at a Talking Horses seminar a bettor asking Harvey Pack about Oscar Barrera. What are you going to do about him ? Harvey replied,I am going to bet him. What are you going to do ?
In horse racing you just have to go with the trend. I remember when Rudy started training and I was able to cash bets by just going with the flow.

Racetrack Playa
03-07-2016, 03:41 PM
This is somewhat long...35 minutes. Jack in his own words. https://youtu.be/hgnzEu8g8eE
Thanks for the link >great interview,I like it a lot, Too short though.

K.Brofrog is in the More Than Shady Club
https://docs.google.com/a/paulickreport.com/file/d/0B1wwPKz4-ZzzYThPcjFJRUNKM2M/edit?pref=2&pli=1
from Paulick 3.23.13

Broberg, who had his Jockey Club privileges suspended earlier this year after having three medication violations in 2011 and one in 2012, apparently had a horse in Texas called for a positive test for dermorphin. No formal charges were filed after the split sample came back negative.

“After this, the Texas Racing Commission discovered a vet going into Broberg's stalls with four loaded syringes,” Judge Graves wrote. “Broberg was not charged, but the vet was.”

Racetrack Playa
03-07-2016, 04:09 PM
:1: irish magic $9.20
I feel a little dirty

Stillriledup
03-09-2016, 06:34 PM
I glance at race1 Delta tonight (7 mins away) and see. 1-9 shot. Without looking at the PPs, I know it's Broberg.

Musical trainer racing.

Racetrack Playa
03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
I glance at race1 Delta tonight (7 mins away) and see. 1-9 shot. Without looking at the PPs, I know it's Broberg.

Musical trainer racing.
Sloppy track Eugene Moment should be fine, I wish we knew that racing was clean
Im Hoping to sneak the 8 in with him

Stillriledup
03-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Sloppy track Eugene Moment should be fine, I wish we knew that racing was clean
Im Hoping to sneak the 8 in with him

Or if you knew no riders were going to try to beat him that would have worked too.

lamboguy
03-09-2016, 06:56 PM
he looked unbeatable, but i went against him with the 8. $2.40 for show.

EMD4ME
03-09-2016, 07:01 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/steve-asmussen-iram-diego-earn-titles-sam-houston/

I'm happy he lost the SAM HOUSTON training title.

Read a quote on the Paulick Report a month ago where he obnoxiously said he didn't expect to be just even with a certain female trainer early in the meet.

Donttellmeshowme
03-09-2016, 09:30 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/steve-asmussen-iram-diego-earn-titles-sam-houston/

I'm happy he lost the SAM HOUSTON training title.

Read a quote on the Paulick Report a month ago where he obnoxiously said he didn't expect to be just even with a certain female trainer early in the meet.

I dont think he cares about the Sam Houston training title. Hes geared toward winning the Delta training title every year. His better horses run there because theres so much money than Sam Houston. He sends his lesser horses to Houston.

EMD4ME
03-09-2016, 09:32 PM
I dont think he cares about the Sam Houston training title. Hes geared toward winning the Delta training title every year. His better horses run there because theres so much money than Sam Houston. He sends his lesser horses to Houston.

With the slot money and anything goes LA, that is a given.

Despite that, I remember him not respecting his peer and speaking as if he will win.