PDA

View Full Version : Why?

sq764
05-30-2004, 01:28 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&ncid=2026&e=1&u=/latimests/20040529/ts_latimes/fromtherankstothestreet

Secretariat
05-31-2004, 02:17 PM
Man is this a sad article....Damn....a disgrace on memorial day to read this.

Dan
05-31-2004, 02:25 PM
That was very sad. I even have my own experiences with the VA but won't get into on here. Just say with my own problems I was told it will take 6 months to even hear my case but then don't have a chance in hell to get help.

And just to think, that while we were invading Iraq this administration cut more than 26 Billion from the VA budget.

Makes you proud to be an American doesn't it.

Dan

sq764
05-31-2004, 09:30 PM
I have 3 questions for any vets out there:

1) How is the 'guaranteed' healthcare after you retire?

2) What kind of pension is offered for vets? (You don't have to get specific, just whether its a joke or its helpful)

3) When a soldier dies in combat, what type of monetary amount does the widow or family of the soldier get?

Hammerhead
06-01-2004, 06:26 AM
It is extremly wise to safeguard your DD214 and any discharge papers or records of service. My experiance quality of care depended on the doctors who attended you. I had a broken knee and they were pretty good with me. Another with a broken hip and another doctor wasn't as fortunate. I'll never know the outcome of him, but I will never forget his screaming after his operation.

CryingForTheHorses
06-01-2004, 07:54 PM
:confused:
Very sad stories,I have never served but am appauled at why The American goverment doest spend millions helping the people who fought and die for their country, Seems the goverment is alwayys giving millions to some country while their own are suffering. Why is it this way?.