PDA

View Full Version : NYRA annoys me

nads1420
06-11-2015, 12:18 PM
For what its worth I do find NYRA as a whole kinda obnoxious. I watch that "Belmont Insider" show on the MSG network and those guys that sit there come off like Vince McMahon trying to give one of his wrestlers a push. They sit there Sunday talking about Pharoah like what a great Travers its going to be with AP in it.... Not one mention of the Haskell. There is nothing worse then slanted commentary trying to accomplish an agenda. Wake up NYRA, he's going to Monmouth. The Haskell has been kicking the snot out of the Travers for quite sometime now. Its not the 30's, 50's, 70's, and 80's anymore. This millenium the Haskell has gotten the big time horses whether its Big Brown, Rachel, War Emblem, Point Given, Bayern, Lookin' at Lucky, etc... Sure the Travers is a great race, fantastic even and I think it will even be better with out him there because all of the other really good horses from this really good crop will go there and make a hell of a wide open race. The Haskell gets the big horses. I dont know all the politics that go on behind the scene but the people at Monmouth who put together the Haskell have been kicking the snot out of NYRA this millenium. Obviously not as a whole, but im just saying Haskell > Travers in this modern day era. Lets not get brainwashed by NYRA and pretend thats not the case. None the less the Jersey Shore crowd will be much better since its their only big race of the year. I myself will be making the trip down to the Jersey Shore and probably make a weekend out of it.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Make sure you tell us what a nightmare you're going to have getting in and out of that place if AP shows up.

Tom
06-11-2015, 12:21 PM
It is the BELMONT Insider, not MONMOUTH Insider.

nads1420
06-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Make sure you tell us what a nightmare you're going to have getting in and out of that place if AP shows up.

yeah you aint kidding about that. The trick is to get there like 2 hours before the gates open up. Then you get no traffic and a picnic table. Here is another tip iv learned. Instead of getting off the Parkway at exit 105 and waiting an hour to go 2 miles on RT 36 take exit 117 and take route 36 down like your going to Sandy Hook then make the hard right that 36 makes in Long Branch and come up the back way. Much better. Most people dont know that. But you have to be careful cause 36 makes a hard right almost like your getting on another road. I think its called Joline ave or something like that. Just GPS it but get off 117 and let the GPS route you the back way. Trust me

nads1420
06-11-2015, 12:27 PM
It is the BELMONT Insider, not MONMOUTH Insider.

Understood and im all for the actual news from Belmont. Its all the same sport cant they just talk horses?

Grits
06-11-2015, 12:31 PM
And if their one and only big race is kicking the snot out of NYRA's Saturday, loaded with graded stakes Belmont card, not only this past one, but those prior in these last few years..... I got beachfront in Idaho, sweetheart. ;)

nads1420
06-11-2015, 12:35 PM
And if their one and only big race is kicking the snot out of NYRA's Saturday, loaded with graded stakes Belmont card, not only this past one, but those prior in these last few years..... I got beachfront in Idaho, sweetheart. ;)

Who compared the Monmouth card to Belmont's card? That was great. Im just saying the one race. Haskell > Travers, thats all. Obviously as a whole NY racing is better then NJ racing... duh. goes without saying. And the people on that Belmont Insider show are hard to stomach in the first place even worse when they are trying to push an agenda.

Grits
06-11-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry, but the bottom line. Who is paying them to promote Monmouth? No one. If you work for Budweiser, you gonna promote Coors? No. You're absolutely not. If you don't like the program, there's a great fix. Watch Brad Thomas from Monmouth, he's an outstanding analyst.

Rise Over Run
06-11-2015, 01:18 PM
This millenium the Haskell has gotten the big time horses whether its Big Brown, Rachel, War Emblem, Point Given, Bayern, Lookin' at Lucky, etc...

You do realize that 2 of the 6 specific horses you gave as an example of Monmouth "kicking the snot out of NYRA" ALSO ran in the Travers, don't you... And one other went to Saratoga after the Haskell to take on older, open company horses, and won.... I'll let you figure out who they are. Kinda waters down your argument a bit.

nads1420
06-11-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry, but the bottom line. Who is paying them to promote Monmouth? No one. If you work for Budweiser, you gonna promote Coors? No. You're absolutely not. If you don't like the program, there's a great fix. Watch Brad Thomas from Monmouth, he's an outstanding analyst.

I guess i just expect unbias programming... which leads me to something else couldnt TVG do a sportscenter type program daily but just about horse racing in the morning? Not that i need replays of the 3rd race at meadowlands but just a news type of program of the sports most news worthy horses, trainers, etc... workouts, entries, results, news etc... maybe even call it 'horse center' as a play on sports center. its 2015 the sport continues to become more popular time to start acting like it. Think about it... baseball is struggling big time because apparantly everyone now has ADD and cant pay attention to the slow pace for hours at a time. Horse racing should really capitalize on that. Since our races take 2 mins...

Saratoga_Mike
06-11-2015, 01:25 PM
The Travers is obviously the better race. The Haskell is used by trainers looking for a layup with speed horses.

nads1420
06-11-2015, 01:33 PM
The Travers is obviously the better race. The Haskell is used by trainers looking for a layup with speed horses.

sure if you got a time machine... go home andy sterling... lol :lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2015, 01:40 PM
I guess i just expect unbias programming... Why would they be unbiased? They work for NYRA. They are paid by NYRA to host the NYRA show.

Do you think Mark and Nancy from Mountaineer are going to be promoting races from Charles Town...especially races where the two tracks might be competing for the same horse to show up? You think Mountaineer would like that?

This thread is downright foolish and will be closed soon.

Then you can complain how biased I am in favor of NYRA on this board... :lol: